Politicising the reform movement

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Bohra spring

Politicising the reform movement

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 am

Salaams brothers , this is a discussion to seek feedback whether we need to politicise the reform movement.

While SKQ and SMS sort out their leadership credentials , the reform movement has contributed in some form or strength to mould the opinions of the intellectuals . Abdes may deny the claim, but when one reads SKQ vision the reforms mentioned would not have made headlines had it not been for reformists tireless striving , on sometimes a thankless uphill battle, to give a voice to the hundreds of thousands of suffering victims of institutional corruption and oppression of the kothar, Amils and Sayednas family.

I think to make reform event more effective we need to think operate and execute the reform agenda politically.

And the steps of politicising the reform agenda is to start by coming up with simple motivating tools as, A reformists flag, banner and reformist anthem or quote.

Can we discuss the if we were to have a flag and mission quote what it would be. Reformists be creative and upload your image files so we can have a flag.

Be mindful not to copy terrorists or government flags .

humanbeing

Re: Politicising the reform movement

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:13 am

Mission : Transparency, Accountability, Autonomy

Vision : Compassion, Piety, Freedom

alam

Unread post by alam » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Identification of key values:

Respect
Integrity
Compassion
Piety

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:44 pm

in my opinion agenda should be brief and target oriented
two main points
accountability
and respect
it will cover everything
we should start sending emails and mails to all notables. specially on election in india. it is opportune time. our goal should be to stop harassment from amil. the bone of contention should be to stop mandatory wajebat and sabeel collection or any forced collection. we don't argue religion. but we want transparency and accountability in administration.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I would suggest
a simple Bohras for Accountability
written on white topi

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 pm

alam wrote:Identification of key values:

Respect
Integrity
Compassion
Piety
People who never respected the Dai are talking about respect :shock:

questions

Unread post by questions » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:13 pm

true_bohra wrote:
alam wrote:Identification of key values:

Respect
Integrity
Compassion
Piety
People who never respected the Dai are talking about respect :shock:
That's because the dai only respects money and gold ...

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:33 pm

So is your current dai KQ also doin the same??

questions

Unread post by questions » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:17 pm

true_bohra wrote:So is your current dai KQ also doin the same??
If you have addressed me, I don't believe in either dai , but if forced to chose, would easily choose skq who is more intelligent, positive and transparent and definitely less underhand than SMS. No theatrics, gold bars, coconuts, sword dance, animal killing or Lanat bazi either.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:56 pm

You dont believe in dai and i guess you would not have heard them and yet you have termed KQ as intelligent and transperant and all.

What transperancy has he bought in his dawat.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:42 am

Reformists this is too soft we need quotes, war cries, coat of arms, flag symbolising our mission that will unite us reformists against the Goliath

Keep the ideas running be creative

james

Unread post by james » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:55 am

true_bohra wrote:
What transperancy has he bought in his dawat.
None ?

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:22 am

So what are they bragging about...

james

Unread post by james » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:31 am

true_bohra wrote:So what are they bragging about...
Non existent transparency ? :lol:

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:27 pm

this reminds me of a noisy monkey cage where everybody is jumping around without knowing what they actually want to achieve

Mamluk-E-Syedna

Unread post by Mamluk-E-Syedna » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Dear Mr. Non-Bohra Winter:
I always knew this was a fun place to visit for entertainment. With your opening post, now you've tempted me to provide you with my contribution!! Here it is -- enjoy!!!

Flag: Make it a pitch black solid with a big hole in it
Mission Statement: "We just talk; do nothing."
Anthem: I'll give you the first verse, you can complete the rest.

"Hum Jalte The, Jalte Hey, Jalte Hi Rahenge; Hum Bhaste The, Bhaste Hey, Bhaste Hi Rahenge."

PS to Admin: Please feel free to copy and paste on your "Jokes" page.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Ba Adab Mamluk-E-Syedna: Janab Saheb, aapko nishana lagane se pehle khud ko puchna chahiye tha ke 'fun place' kahan par hei. Har roz subah saat baadam khaya karo ke aapke dimag aur tassawur ko hoshyar rakh sako. Anginat Ziafat me ghee me tarbor pakaya kahana, zarda, biryani, wagere kha ke to tumari zehn shakti kamzor ho gayi hei. Aap ko yaad dilaye chalta hun ke awwal 'fun place' to masjid hei jahan tumare tirandaaz Dai halqa, sabak, waez wagere rachate hein. Tareh tareh ke ulte sulte khel se 'kabhi khushi kabhi gham' logon ka hosla aansu se bhar dete hei. Reform ki 'fun place' me aana, jana, hansna, bolna, wagere ke koi paise nahi lagte. Sirf muft hei. Dai ke mahaul me shamil hone ke kaafi paise lagte hein. Wahan kahan bethna, kaise bethna, kaise maatam karna, kaise ghum karna, wagere pe tumari koi marzi nahin. Mamluk-E-Syedna, aap yahan galti se a gaye ho kya! Chalo, jao woh basti mein wahan apko anginat 'fun' milega.

Mamluk-E-Syedna

Unread post by Mamluk-E-Syedna » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:28 pm

Are Banabhai Ibne Simba: Tu su kaam aatli vyaadhi ley chhey? Hu Mr. Non-Bohra Winter saathe vaat karu chhu to tu su kaam chaalti gaadimaa chadhey chhey? Tara Kenya Masi ye su tane Gujarati ke Lisaan-e-Daawat nathi sikhhaavi? Jaa, YouTube si Kenya Masi na sabak le. Khuda tane Kilimanjaaro na saayaa ma kalo ne kalo baaqi raakhey. Tathaastu.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Mamluk-E-Syedna:

Wah bhai wah! Bhai, Gujarati ma na lakhwanu kaaran ej ke mote bhage ghana loko ne Urdu/Hindi thi wadhare parichai hoi che. Kem tame bhuli gaya ke Bollywood ni filmo to ej bhasa ma hoi che. Chalo, baki rahi Lisaan-e-Daawat. Aa to banawati bhasha che ke jeni wapraash bas Kasre-Ali ane ena hujuriaj boli wanchi shake che. Tame lakho cho ke chaalti gaadimaa hun kem chadhu cho. Bahu Rahasyamat tamari dalil che. Aa Forum to jem Kothar chalawe che tem nathi. Ahinya to sau koi ne potano mat raju karwa no hak che. Ahinya to na ecard ni jaroor che ke na wajibaat ni barjabri che ke na bagla bhagat no poshak pehrwani johukmi che. Mane Kenya Masi ke koi shikshak ni jaroor nathi kaaran ke hun Gujarati Senior Cambridge sudhi bhanelo and pass thayelo chu. Chata pan tamari salah maate gano aabhar. Maro waan to ghaunwarno che (if you do not know what this word means, I pity you!) Tamari prarthana ke mane Kilimanjaro na dungar ni saud ma Ishwar bahu karo banawi ne rakhey te badal to maare kahin ye kehwu nathi. Tamari laikaat no ama nichod aawi jai che. Mamluk-E-Syedna na tamara jewa wafadar loko ne to pehla to wiwek, namrata wagere shikhwani ghani jaroor che. Jamea ma te nahi male! Chalo jao. Bhuljo nahi koi biji dalil lai ne pacha awwanu.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:08 am

Freedom from chains of ignorance and intolerance, the right to indulge in purity of faith, enjoy the privileges of our traditions and united in Islam.

التحرر من قيود الجهل والتعصب، والحق في الانغماس في نقاء الإيمان، بالامتيازات تقاليدنا وموحدة في الإسلام.