Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
AbdulSaleh

Re: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Co

Unread post by AbdulSaleh » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:39 pm

think_for_yourself wrote:
AbdulSaleh wrote:most probably judgement will come in favor of both davedaar and court will allow use of properties to both group, but people may need to wait for this decision like 15 to 20 years.

so for those who have time for all this waiting should start counting days. :wink:

this case is just like the case of ram mandir, people waited for years and years finally judge said property belongs to both hindu and muslims.
The case has been fast tracked. Dates will be given every other day and wrapped up in a matter of months. For someone with so little information, you sure do have a lot of opinions!
yes sure, limbu pakad ke baith, tune jitne chand nahi dekhe itne mene indian court cases dekhe hain, fast track court kyaa faisla dete tereko jaldi pata chalenga beta.

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Can any one advise. About 98% majority is with SMS willingly or unwilling. So if proved wrong would court give the trust n all its property to KQ. Because than majority of people will have no places of worship. So if SMS proves majority wouldn't he win the case anyways.

alam

Unread post by alam » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Anyone have Contact info for Bombay High Court for succession case? names of Judge, attorneys, How does layperson contact courts?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:37 pm

alam wrote:Anyone have Contact info for Bombay High Court for succession case? names of Judge, attorneys, How does layperson contact courts?
Mr. Ravi Kadam, Senior Advocate a/w Chirag Mody and Anand Desai, Mr. Nirav Shah and Ms. Hemangi Abhyankar, i/b DSK
Legal, for the Plaintiffs.

Mr. Iqbal Chagla, Senior Counsel, with Mr. Janak Dwarkadas, Senior Counsel, Mr. Fredun Divitre, Senior Counsel, Mr.
Firdosh Poonawalla, Mr. Pankaj Savant, Ms. Azmi Irani, Mr. Varghese Thomas and Mr. Shahen Pradhan i/b J. Sagar
Associates, for the Defendant

Judge :- G.S. PATEL

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:00 am

This is regarding the Raudat Tahera Nass Video.

I was in the masjid about 3 years back when the video was shown. I remember going away with a vague feeling of uneasiness and I also distinctly remember Moiz bhaisaheb's words, something to the following effect: "Nah, Mohammad nai, Muffadal" ... I have never heard/seen that in the video either at believesyednaQutbuddin or from fatemiDawat. May be I am mistaken, but I distinctly remember Mohammad Burhanuddin Maula saying the word "Mohammad" and Moiz bhaisaheb saying: "Nah, nah. Mohammad nai, Muffadal".

I still wonder if this is not the exact original video that was shown at our masjid 3 years back? Just more questions and doubts. May be the court case may help somewhat, but some of it we may never know.

Does anybody else recollect hearing anything like what I mention above in the video shown a few weeks after the Raudatut Tahera Nass event???

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:57 am

Dear DCP

I remember hearing Syedna Burhanuddin RA say - Mohammed bhai, Mohammed bhai and then Dr. Moiz bs told him. Nai Mufaddal.. Then Aqa Moula RA continued saying Mohammed bhai Mohammed bhai and Dr. Moiz took the mike and said. "Huzurala farmave che, Maru naam Mohammed Burhanuddin che, Mufaddal bhai ne nass nu taaj pehnavye che"...

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:09 am

And where is that (what you say above) in the video recordings that are available online, for example from believesyednaqutbuddin?

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:07 am

I dug up an old email thread. This audio was circulating after the alleged nass...It does not look like Burhanuddin Moula was aware of what was going on. It is heart breaking.
Attachments
Maru Naam Mohammed Che (1).m4a
(677.35 KiB) Downloaded 3419 times

saminaben

Unread post by saminaben » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:39 am

dal-chaval-palidu wrote:This is regarding the Raudat Tahera Nass Video.

I was in the masjid about 3 years back when the video was shown. I remember going away with a vague feeling of uneasiness and I also distinctly remember Moiz bhaisaheb's words, something to the following effect: "Nah, Mohammad nai, Muffadal" ... I have never heard/seen that in the video either at believesyednaQutbuddin or from fatemiDawat. May be I am mistaken, but I distinctly remember Mohammad Burhanuddin Maula saying the word "Mohammad" and Moiz bhaisaheb saying: "Nah, nah. Mohammad nai, Muffadal".

I still wonder if this is not the exact original video that was shown at our masjid 3 years back? Just more questions and doubts. May be the court case may help somewhat, but some of it we may never know.

Does anybody else recollect hearing anything like what I mention above in the video shown a few weeks after the Raudatut Tahera Nass event???
The following is from a post I wrote in feb 2014, when events were still fresh in my memory.

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya
by saminaben on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:45 pm

fulan ibn fulan wrote:
Almost all of you on this thread and website don't accept Syedna Muffadal Saiffudin as Maula and you didn't accept Burhanuddin Aqa as haq na dai either.quote]?

Fulanibn fulan - don't make assumptions here
I am a loyal follower of Burhannuddin Aqa. i was there and present and witness raudat tahera history making day 2 years ago. i remember being somewhat shaken and under a spell that the Nass was about to happen and i am witnessing it. The one thing that i recall was that Aqa Maula kept saying "mein mohammed choo" - and kept repeating that... and the rest was explained or interpreted or trnaslated by Dr. moiz bhai saheb. And then everyone after taht seemed to hear the nass on Mufaddal maula clearly, except me. in the days and weeks that followed I came to accept him in my heart as my next Maula and Dai.

only last so many months, or last year, so much stuff hapening and i hear Mufaddal Maula's bayaans - which begin to make me very nervous and uncomfortable, until the time he started saying about bairo to not go college, stay home, not work, and if they go out then "zinna will happen". I could not at first accept my ears - and the accusation and paranoia with which he spoke to me and my sister frineds, and all of us nice educucated family loving and hard working women.. it injured my heart and my soul -i creid and cried so much - this is many many months ago-- and me and my friends we talk and all are upset - because we all had our own stories of Aqa Burhanuddin and how he gave us encouragment and raza for higher education, college, and even work and flourishing in our business or careeers - of course we are smart and not stupid - so we are very insulted and hurt with these accusations and casting a shadow of doubt on what has been our very fulfilling and honest life--.
So now after wafaat of Maula, all this Nass thing started and I realized within first 5 days -(observing the fight for power) as if the truth of my whole life was in my heart.... and unfolding in front of my eyes was the shadow of the truth..
At that point, and even now, I dont care who the Nass was done on, I just felt I am innocent, i am true, and I have done no wrong, and I think of my maula burhanuddin and do laaakho shukr that finally my eyes open.. and there is nothing more important than having the trust and faith in my heart, and striving to be a good person, a good mumina and muslima bairo - and i don't care what anyone says - or believes about me. Except that my husband still sleeping with eyes open or awake with eyes closed -- and my sons follow him.. which bothers me. I try to keep courage and be good and not allow them to pollute my soul or my life. I think really men have it harder, they have more pressure.
The truth, when you let it enter you, frees you.

SO fulan ibn fulan, there are all kinds of people and bohras and mumins here - you just need to sometimes open your eyes or blink once in a while and let the light in.

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:18 am

UnhappyBohra wrote:I dug up an old email thread. This audio was circulating after the alleged nass...It does not look like Burhanuddin Moula was aware of what was going on. It is heart breaking.
Wow! I had not heard this before. It looks like Muqaddas Moula was given the paper to read "Mufaddal bhai ne nass nu taj..." then he took a step back and said naam su che. Su naam che, Mohammad che...then he tried to re-say the sentence with his name in it...perhaps he thought he was recounting his own nass episode? I will admit though that the audio is a lot clearer than was was shown in the masjid. Still very very fishy that he did not do nass when he had full command of his faculties and "did nass" now when he was barely able to speak. I think that he was manipulated a lot easier after the stroke...Classic to see Moiza bhaisab putting his own spin on what Muqaddas Moula RA was saying....

MMH

Unread post by MMH » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:48 am

UnhappyBohra wrote:I dug up an old email thread. This audio was circulating after the alleged nass...It does not look like Burhanuddin Moula was aware of what was going on. It is heart breaking.

Thanks Unhappy Bohra, I was looking for a more clear audio/ video and you gave me just that. I could not understand why Burhanuddin Moula had said Mufaddal bhai ne Nass nu Taaj' and now on hearing this audio I know that Burhanuddin Moula clearly didn't know what was happening. Now I can confidently fight back with my cousins and friends who keep supporting MS with this lame claim! :D

At first I thought that the video was doctored but Moula was not in his senses and was being manipulated!

Haqq_Prevails

Unread post by Haqq_Prevails » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:50 am

MMH wrote:

Thanks Unhappy Bohra, I was looking for a more clear audio/ video and you gave me just that. I could not understand why Burhanuddin Moula had said Mufaddal bhai ne Nass nu Taaj' and now on hearing this audio I know that Burhanuddin Moula clearly didn't know what was happening. Now I can confidently fight back with my cousins and friends who keep supporting MS with this lame claim! :D

At first I thought that the video was doctored but Moula was not in his senses and was being manipulated!
The raudat tahera video shown around the world was clearly edited to skip these unflattering moments which showed moulas poor cognitive ability.

Haqq_Prevails

Unread post by Haqq_Prevails » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:07 pm

A doctor who has suffered a stroke cannot prescribe medicine to others. An agriculturist who suffered a stroke could not order pesticides and fertilizer for an orchard because his cognitive ability is impaired. Do you think 100 year old dai would leave the most important task till after he has suffered a debilitating stroke? No! He had already done his nass, 50 years ago!
Rasulullah was also suffering in his last few days most likely from meningitis (as per historians), aisha took advantage of his condition and tilted the scales in her fathers favor by giving him raza for namaaz. She tried to over rule the nass done in ghadire khum. What shehzadas are doing is no different.
@unhappy bohra good job in bringing this audio clip out!

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:52 pm

That is such a clear audio recording. Was it done separately from the main video/audio relay?

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:07 pm

I had received this as a forward right after the Raudat Tahera event. I thought it had been widely circulated but I am now guessing not! I believe the person recording it had a front row seat.

Invictius

Unread post by Invictius » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Funny how no one noticed what Maula RA said from 10.00-14.00 seconds. You only hear what is convenient, it seems.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Invictius wrote:Funny how no one noticed what Maula RA said from 10.00-14.00 seconds. You only hear what is convenient, it seems.
Between 10.00-14.00 he was READING. Obviously what he read disturbed him enough that he started questioning and correcting it.

Habeel

Unread post by Habeel » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:56 pm

It means that someone may have full recording with this clear quality. I never heard this before. Thanks for posting. I must acknowledge some of you to have such a network to get information out.

Truth-Prevails

Unread post by Truth-Prevails » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:13 pm

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 199_1.html

Securitymen attack rival Syedna's sons in mausoleum
IANS | Mumbai July 04, 2014 Last Updated at 21:34 IST
Private security personnel assaulted the sons of self-proclaimed Dawoodi Bohra Syedna Khuzaima
Qutbuddin when they were offering prayers at the Raudat Tahera mausoleum in south Mumbai Friday.
According to a complaint with the J.J. police station and medical reports of Sir J.J. Hospital, the trio was
physically assaulted, pushed around and attacked by a blunt object when they were paying respects at
the mausoleum where the 51st and 52nd former Syednas are laid to rest.
The three -- Shahzada Abdeali, Shahzada Husain and Shahzada Aziz -- also registered police
complaints about the incident.
In a statement to the media, the sons said they were physically prevented by some unruly elements and
members of the Burhani Guards' "Jehadi group", currently under the control of the sons of the late
Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, who passed away in January this year.
The victims sought police protection which was given. But, when they returned to the mausoleum, they
faced more aggression at the hands of the Burhani Guards personnel.
Police later detained three personnel of the Burhani Guards.
Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin has filed a suit in the Bombay High Court staking claim to the post
(Syedna), and to restrain the reigning Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin, son of the late Syedna Mohammed
Burhanuddin from acting as the Dawoodi Bohra community head (Syedna). The suit is currently
pending.
Friday's incident, coming during the holy month of Ramadan, has upset the peace-loving Dawoodi
Bohra community members.

Invictius

Unread post by Invictius » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:53 am

UnhappyBohra wrote:
Invictius wrote:Funny how no one noticed what Maula RA said from 10.00-14.00 seconds. You only hear what is convenient, it seems.
Between 10.00-14.00 he was READING. Obviously what he read disturbed him enough that he started questioning and correcting it.
So you say what Maula RA read disturbed him to the extent that he started questioning and correcting it? That would mean you agree Maula RA was in control of his senses and had no lack of cognitive ability, if, according to you, he read and understood what was written on the paper, to the extent of correcting it? If he did correct it, dont you think he would take the name of KQ (nauzobillah) instead?

Maula RA could speak coherently, walk, control his movements, give salaami to mumineen EVERY TIME even after his stroke on every occassion and miqaat. He performed nikahs, gave thousands of mumineen the sharaf of ziyafats and qadambosi AFTER HIS STROKE. You agree Maula RA was in his senses enough to question and correct a statement on paper. So don't you think Maula RA could at any time afterwards, give even the slightest indication of discomfort or unease, or point out in any way possible that he was, as KQ says, being manipulated by his shezadas? But no, he did not give any such indication. On the contrary, he is seen bestowing nazaraat on Mufaddal Maula TUS and all the mumineen time and time again in numerous miqaats which I have had the privilege of attending and witnessing before my eyes.

The fact is, all of you are so consumed by hate, that you constantly undermine the Dai and his rutba, and are blind to the truth. You will believe anything that undermines the Dai, be it GMs whatsapp forwards, pictures or other media. Even if the truth is staring at you in the face, you will deny it. No amount of evidence will satisfy you--you will always claim that the truth is actually fabricated. I pray that Allah gives you taufiq to see the truth asap.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:53 am

Invictius wrote:
UnhappyBohra wrote: Between 10.00-14.00 he was READING. Obviously what he read disturbed him enough that he started questioning and correcting it.
So you say what Maula RA read disturbed him to the extent that he started questioning and correcting it? That would mean you agree Maula RA was in control of his senses and had no lack of cognitive ability, if, according to you, he read and understood what was written on the paper, to the extent of correcting it? If he did correct it, dont you think he would take the name of KQ (nauzobillah) instead?

Maula RA could speak coherently, walk, control his movements, give salaami to mumineen EVERY TIME even after his stroke on every occassion and miqaat. He performed nikahs, gave thousands of mumineen the sharaf of ziyafats and qadambosi AFTER HIS STROKE. You agree Maula RA was in his senses enough to question and correct a statement on paper. So don't you think Maula RA could at any time afterwards, give even the slightest indication of discomfort or unease, or point out in any way possible that he was, as KQ says, being manipulated by his shezadas? But no, he did not give any such indication. On the contrary, he is seen bestowing nazaraat on Mufaddal Maula TUS and all the mumineen time and time again in numerous miqaats which I have had the privilege of attending and witnessing before my eyes.

The fact is, all of you are so consumed by hate, that you constantly undermine the Dai and his rutba, and are blind to the truth. You will believe anything that undermines the Dai, be it GMs whatsapp forwards, pictures or other media. Even if the truth is staring at you in the face, you will deny it. No amount of evidence will satisfy you--you will always claim that the truth is actually fabricated. I pray that Allah gives you taufiq to see the truth asap.
A person in full controll of his faculties would behave exactly as you have described. A man not in full command of his faculties is one that you hear in that audio clip - truth be told. As Haqq Prevails pointed out, why would he wait to to nass e jali on MS until he was in this state? If he had EVER really intended to do it, he would have done it earlier. After all he was 100 year old already and smart enough to know he was not immortal.

And indeed if he had intended to do public nass on SKQ he would have taken his name. But as we well know he never intended to do public nass on him. His nass on SKQ needed to be private so as to protect his life.
This video is more than enough evidence of the prevalent hatred against SKQ. James please don't accuse us of hatred for MS. What we have for MS is disdain. What you have for SKQ is hatred because SKQ has more smarts in his little finger than MS has in his entire entourage.
May you have the taufiq to take your blinders off once in a while.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Unhappy Bohra,

Thanks for that audio clip. It is good quality.

I have a general request. If anybody else has good quality audio/video of that nass event, it wold be good to put it up on this forum. Let people have a look at it. Other people may have taken audio recordings with their phones, and it would be good post them. Thanks.

Invictius

Unread post by Invictius » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:21 pm

[/quote]
A person in full controll of his faculties would behave exactly as you have described. A man not in full command of his faculties is one that you hear in that audio clip - truth be told. As Haqq Prevails pointed out, why would he wait to to nass e jali on MS until he was in this state? If he had EVER really intended to do it, he would have done it earlier. After all he was 100 year old already and smart enough to know he was not immortal.

And indeed if he had intended to do public nass on SKQ he would have taken his name. But as we well know he never intended to do public nass on him. His nass on SKQ needed to be private so as to protect his life.
This video is more than enough evidence of the prevalent hatred against SKQ. James please don't accuse us of hatred for MS. What we have for MS is disdain. What you have for SKQ is hatred because SKQ has more smarts in his little finger than MS has in his entire entourage.
[/quote]

You very clearly stated that Maula RA could read from the paper, understand that it was incorrect, and make an attempt to correct/question it. All these are qualities of a person in control of his faculties. Maybe you have had the misfortune of not going in the presence of Aqa Maula RA after his stroke. I have, several times. I can swear to it that I have heard Maula RA say - wa akhirul daawana, anilhamdolillahe rabbil aalameen at the end of the 1st vaaz, Ashara 1433H. I have seen Maula RA give salaami. I have done qadambosi of Maula, where Maula offered me his hand, and gave me the tashreef after the qadambosi. I have seen Maula RA at close distance conversing with Dr. Moiz Bhaisaheb. Most of you must have heard Maulas RA voice and seen his video on the Urus of Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA. After seeing+listening to that, if you still do not believe, you simply don't want to believe. Once again, you constantly undermine the physical and mental ability of the Dai of Imam uz Zaman. How many sabaks have you prayed to understand what hikmat there was in doing nass e jali at that particular time? Maybe if you had prayed haqiqat na kitab, you would understand.

You say Maula RA never intended to do public nass on KQ in order to protect his life? Are you forgetting, or are you simply unaware, that the Imam uz zaman has a direct connection with the Dai, and the mansoos, once the Dai appoints him on ilham? The Imam uz zaman has a duty to protect his Dai and Mansoos. Allah has a duty to protect Allah's Dai. The Dai and the Mansoos have no reason to fear for their lives- their lives are in the hands of Allah and his Imam. No true Dai would fear his life. A true Dai would have complete faith in Allah and he would respect and abide by Allah's decision. A true Dai would have complete faith in Allah rather than the Indian Judiciary (KQ). You would understand better had you spent some time praying sabaqs rather than constantly undermining the Dai and criticizing his every aspect and action.

adna_mumin

Unread post by adna_mumin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:27 pm

Invictius wrote:

[/quote]

You very clearly stated that Maula RA could read from the paper, understand that it was incorrect, and make an attempt to correct/question it. All these are qualities of a person in control of his faculties. Maybe you have had the misfortune of not going in the presence of Aqa Maula RA after his stroke. I have, several times. I can swear to it that I have heard Maula RA say - wa akhirul daawana, anilhamdolillahe rabbil aalameen at the end of the 1st vaaz, Ashara 1433H. I have seen Maula RA give salaami. I have done qadambosi of Maula, where Maula offered me his hand, and gave me the tashreef after the qadambosi. I have seen Maula RA at close distance conversing with Dr. Moiz Bhaisaheb. Most of you must have heard Maulas RA voice and seen his video on the Urus of Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA. After seeing+listening to that, if you still do not believe, you simply don't want to believe. Once again, you constantly undermine the physical and mental ability of the Dai of Imam uz Zaman. How many sabaks have you prayed to understand what hikmat there was in doing nass e jali at that particular time? Maybe if you had prayed haqiqat na kitab, you would understand.

You say Maula RA never intended to do public nass on KQ in order to protect his life? Are you forgetting, or are you simply unaware, that the Imam uz zaman has a direct connection with the Dai, and the mansoos, once the Dai appoints him on ilham? The Imam uz zaman has a duty to protect his Dai and Mansoos. Allah has a duty to protect Allah's Dai. The Dai and the Mansoos have no reason to fear for their lives- their lives are in the hands of Allah and his Imam. No true Dai would fear his life. A true Dai would have complete faith in Allah and he would respect and abide by Allah's decision. A true Dai would have complete faith in Allah rather than the Indian Judiciary (KQ). You would understand better had you spent some time praying sabaqs rather than constantly undermining the Dai and criticizing his every aspect and action.
[/quote]

And the sabaq you went to pray never even touched on Amal of Imam Sadiq as? Convenient posturing.

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 am

Invictious

I really admire your strong belief in imam n dai although I really wonder in which world are you in. Anyway, you have so much ilm you will be able to guide us all why did imam taiyab need to go in seclusion as he should have not feared anyone.

There is history also when imam were in seclusion previously also n dai was appointed to take the responsibility of dawat. Kindly check with your sabak teachers n let us know why had it happened

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:32 am

Sorry the above question is for adna mumin

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:44 am

Adna mumin

kindly advise if you have taken raza to be on this forum as without raza all your amal are illegitimate

Saeed al Khair

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:59 pm

I have heard that a covering latter is submitted in Bombay High Court recently by Saifuddin Insaf Saheb along with a document prepared by Prof. Dr. Ismail Qurbanhusain Poonawala, which title is:
"Bird’s Eye-view of Dawudi Bohra’s History and Their Doctrines".
Like thousands of the Dawoodi Bohras I am also interested to read it.

New

Unread post by New » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Can we read the letter and we can also write.

adna_mumin

Unread post by adna_mumin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:40 pm

MUSTAPH wrote:Sorry the above question is for adna mumin
Make up your mind, who is the question to and what is it?