Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
anajmi

Re: Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:59 pm

objectiveobserver53 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:09 pm
anajmi wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:27 pm

That is an idiotic argument. It is like saying that since Abu Jahal remained a kafir then by logic (more specifically, YOUR logic) the prophet (saw) has failed to deliver the message of Islam!!!
Your analogy does not apply at all. Think about it. The argument made is court is about the survival of the message and the messenger whereas your example is about the acceptance of the message.
The fact that there is a dispute about nuss, implies that there is no clear nuss. Which in turn implies, according to Fatimid theology, that the prophet (saw) has failed. That is like saying that since Abu Jahl didn’t convert to Islam the prophet (saw) has failed. Sorry, but I don’t see an issue with the analogy. It is perfect.

Shams

Unread post by Shams » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Anajmi, I love the incoherence of your circular argument and your ability to stretch metaphors to their very limits. I may not be as well averse with historic references to current events as you are but can definitely see through baloney when I come across it. The dispute is not in the validity and existence of a clear nass but in the claiming and usurping of it.

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:05 am

I had respect for khuzaima qutbuddin but when I saw they keep transferring power to their own kids and there is no divinity involve any more I am all good to stick with main stream islam and as a community DB main stream.

it is loud and clear this war is all about money and power.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 am

momeenbhai wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:05 am
I had respect for khuzaima qutbuddin but when I saw they keep transferring power to their own kids and there is no divinity involve any more I am all good to stick with main stream islam and as a community DB main stream.

it is loud and clear this war is all about money and power.
just because money and power are involved does not mean that the fight is necessarily about money and power only.

What was a civil person supposed to do? All of us know that SKQ was #2, and that this in-fighting was in plain view, and SKQ said (after SMB wafat) that nass was done on him. Now even those who believe it cannot support in the open for fear of social boycott. What is SKQ supposed to do? Do goonda-giri like the other side? SKQ took the civil approach of going thru the courts.

The court case, in my humble opinion (and many will disagree) has been very useful and revealing. For example, it is the court case, and the court case only, that has forced SMS and team to say: "Nass once done can be changed". We also learnt that SMB was without any significant fluids or solids for 48 hours before he got admitted to the hospital. Why? What were the shahazada and Dr. Moiz doing? Just a wild hypothesis: Were they holding back food and water and asking/forcing SMB to "do a nass" and SMB was resisting? Just purely speculation on my part.

The point is that the court case brings these things out, which never would have come out otherwise. And we can all think, and Inshallah decide what is right. That is the value of the court case in my opinion, apart from the verdict. And Inshallah, when MS BS and his brothers/sister are examined in the court as "witnesses" to the nass, more thought-provoking things can come out.

Btw, I agree with you that the dai only from father-to-son is a transfer of power. But Islam still makes it incumbent on us to decide who is right and who is not, and to support the right. That is what we should do to earn the good pleasure of Allah, for our own akherat. Not just go with the majority/mainstream DB community. Just my humble 2 cents.

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 am

how do you explain 400 years and Imam is not able to find another man which comes from another family then this one?

I believe in Imam uz zaman and I believe Imam will come in end times for sure and my belief is based on sunni+shia hadiths.

yfm

Unread post by yfm » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:39 pm

My dear pdb bhayos. Please get out of your camouflage and act like man. Izzat (honor) that the Koran teaches and what our forefathers believed does not have the same meaning today since now it is equated with money and power.
If you think that we came from a sperm and an egg in our mother's womb, and yet have the great power of sending man to the moon and mars, then why don't you believe that where we are going to is in the same hands who gave us life.
Don't get caught up in the quest of nass and who is right. These are all impostors. If we do not know where and how we came into being, how can we know where we are going. So forget these phony dais and their lust for our money and their power.

Live your life according to the teachings of the Koran and your creator will take you to your next phase.

Remember if Imam Hussein did not believe in the next life, he would have negotiated wealth and power here on earth.

Let us be progressive dawoody Bpbras, unafraid of nass and waste time with these ok imposter.

Our old dais have been capsized by these imposters who have no fear of Allah.

yfm

Unread post by yfm » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:33 am

Be unafraid of these dais especially if you are away from India. We have to go back to our roots. Mainstream progressive dawoody bohras and NOT REGRESSIVE PDB who want to use the old shithouse. We don't pray 5 times but want an old shithouse because it will save us from Colon Cancer.

yfm

Unread post by yfm » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 am

We are stuck on dais and the dais making money of us. Yet Israelis and the Jews are working hard to seize their interests. In the process they make us realize how impotent we are. Is this the face we want to go and meet our Allah and our Prophet (SAW).

Shame on us.