Core Activities Vs Peripheral Activities

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
zinger

Re: Core Activities Vs Peripheral Activities

Unread post by zinger » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:03 am

alam wrote:
zinger wrote:Salaar, stop kidding.

you went from "Rabid Abde"-to-Defender of Shia values-to-Questioning the Dawoodi Bohra community so fast it can make heads spin.

So quit the act. you are not fooling anyone
Zingerbhai
Why do you think (salaar) she/he is fooling anyone? Are you suggesting she/he is trying to infiltrate, and is a traitor, attempting to deceive us all. Or on the other hand, or do you believe that it's not possible for someone to come here on this forum, debate and debate, and then come to a different bandwidth of perspective and opinion after a period of time?
No, i will not deny that one can often come here and over time, change their mindset. i have been one of them too.

but i suggest you take a closer look at the posts of revelations.

also, the tone and style of writing is quite familiar to one particular member, you know who i refer to.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:05 am

SBM wrote:
alam wrote: Zingerbhai
Why do you think (salaar) she/he is fooling anyone? Are you suggesting she/he is trying to infiltrate, and is a traitor, attempting to deceive us all. Or on the other hand, or do you believe that it's not possible for someone to come here on this forum, debate and debate, and then come to a different bandwidth of perspective and opinion after a period of time?
It has happened many of the die hard abdes have changed, some of them have left the Bohra fold all together and others have stopped defending.
agreed. i was in touch with one such member of the former lot.

i have stopped defending too, although i am still accused of being a kothari stooge. and i dont know why, when i have been quite open about my vocal about my hatred of them

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 am

alam wrote:DB mumbaikar
Please enable your PM private messaging or email on this board. Shukran
i second it. i have requested him to enable it myself twice

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:02 am

Crater Lake wrote:MOST of what happens in the masjid is very far from religion. All we seem do is watch hours and hours of video where most of the audience checks out after the first few minutes and gets busy with their smartphones. Among the ladies the noise level grows as the hours progress...
With advent of technology, A/V relays have become very frequent. Every now and then, there is “maula-na-waaz – ni-cassette” mukwama avse ! local amils have become lazy, sometimes they don’t even attend the majlis, send in some wannabe-sheikh/mullah as “sadar” to preside over majlis in which some random bayan clips or recent pouplar visit drama will be played on the screen, silly abdes busy clicking pictures from the projector screen, while some will be taking a sweet nap in luxury of the a/c contolled dark hall at the wall, while some are whatsapping with their lovey doveys sitting in the “bairaas”, while some will be playing candy crush or some fancy racing games, while some will be hush hush gossiping about day to day news. There are some genuine abdes too, who will be focused looking at the screen praising, going wah-wah or sob-sob over everything that is going on the screen.

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:03 am

there is a limitation to concentrate for people, message given in short and precise format is more effective rather then long speeches, same stands true for waiz, whatever you say but you cannot concentrate for more then an hour after that it becomes boring and the audience loose interest no matter how strong is your speaking power, some new methods should be adopted to change the pattern squeeze the wordings and let it be not more then one hour, i assure you people would come on time and pay attention till the last.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:05 pm

What a blessing would it be if all the peripheral activities (related to the Dai) are totally cut out or at least reduced to minimum. People will save money by not doing the required jamans for all the 52 doat urs and other aowliya's urs as they can be done on distribution of fruits or just kheer as was done some 40 years ago, but to satiate their egos the aamils want jaman for every get together so they can have maximum attendance who will do the deedar of their ugly faces in immaculately cluffed white garbs. Similarly to satiate their egos they are holding back the 5 or 6 masjid iftetahs (in USA) which can also be done even by remote location or by any other person of raza even by the aamil himself. there are masjids ready in USA for last 4 years waiting for iftetah and crying for the worshipers to come, while the aamils are forcing people to pray in mawaids and saying that a masjid is not masjid untill the dai blows rooh in it. but he can do it remotely also or anyone with raza can blow rooh in it. But if Dai comes to town they can extract a whole lot of money in the name of ikraam and najwa and show off their power to the people in their jamaat.
People will save money and lots of it if Saheb e Dawat stays in his own home, he is not coming to solve any problems but to skim the money from all the gullible mumineen in the name of religion, did they have saheb e dawat in the times of Imams?? never heard of it. why does he need band baaja, horses and elephants and procession, is he getting married or running for some political office?? why not stay simple and down to earth?
all the ziyafats will save so much money and all the phoney collections of sila fitra, silat Imam, dai najwa, etc etc, how does silat imam is sent to Imam or they just use it to buy real Estate and convert black money into white that way?? All these things are keeping mumeneen down financially.
What is causing the lack of interest in higher education in our youngsters is the forced memorization of all madehs, qasidas, marasiya written by the doats, these can be read looking at the paper, why memorize them. it takes away their grey matter from other subjects. They are kept so busy in competitions, musabeqats etc etc local regional and at other levels that they have no energy left for School home work. Now they are invading the kids time at home by coming on Skype to listen to their speeches or recitation of madehs and qasidas, and demanding money for fancy clothing and this and that from children for their competitions or presentations.

But I am sure that Allah is watching their sinful greed and their shirk and one day they will be punished, but in the meantime we all have to suffer because they are the judge, the jury and the executioners.

DB- MUMBAIKAR

Unread post by DB- MUMBAIKAR » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:05 am

zinger wrote:
alam wrote:DB mumbaikar
Please enable your PM private messaging or email on this board. Shukran
i second it. i have requested him to enable it myself twice
it is enabled...