Reformists’ Ziyarat Tour

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
S. Insaf

Reformists’ Ziyarat Tour

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri May 16, 2014 12:21 pm

Recently the orthodox Bohras (Shabab) of Udaipur have started coming on their own in Udaipur Masjids and offering namaz under Imamat of Reformist Mulla Sahebs along with reformist Bohras. Inspired by their act, Central Board of Dawoodi Bohra Community, Bombay, Bohra Youth Association, Udaipur and Fuli Bai and Zehra Cyclewala Charitable Trust, Surat has decided to organise a tour of 40 cities Ziyarat by reformists Dawoodi Bohras.

The purpose of this Ziyarat Tour is to establish that every Bohra who is Dawoodi Bohra by birth has birth-right to use the properties of the community including masjids and mazars all over the world. The Ziyarat Tour will include Ziyarat at Surat, Ujjain, Burhanpur, Ahmadabad, Morbi and Galiakot.

The reformist Bohras from Surat, Mumbai, Udaipur, Malegaon, Aurangabad and Hydrabad will reach at Surat on or before 23rd May 2014.

23rd May 2014: 4 p.m. evening a press conference will be held in the basement of Dai’s devri at Zanpa Bazar, Surat.

24th May 2014: At 10 a.m. morning a meeting of reformists will be held in the said basement to decide itinerary and dates of tour.
At 5 p.m. evening they will go to Qubba Sharif at Zanpa bazaar, Surat for Ziyarat of 7 Dais.

25th May 2014: At 10 a.m. they will go to Nausari Bazar for Ziyarat of Mulla Vahid Bhaisaheb.
At 5 pm evening a cultural program will be held in the said basement in which prominent citizens including high police personals wil participate. Zehra Ben and Mrs. Jaya Ben Joshi, who has joined Zehra Ben Cyclewala in the Public Interest latigation will be felicitated.

The Ziyarat Tour will end at the tome of Sir Adamji Peerbhoy in Bombay with Ziyarat and a majlis in his masjid.

Rebel

Re: Reformists’ Ziyarat Tour

Unread post by Rebel » Fri May 16, 2014 12:48 pm

This is certainly a good news but why discrimination - Dawoodi Bohra by birth has birth-right to use the properties of the community including masjids and mazars all over the world. What about those Bohras who have recently converted or were converted at some point in time many years ago. What about their rights and privileges? Won't the converted Dawoodi Bohras have the same and equal rights and privileges as those born as Dawoodi Bohras. Perhaps, I don't think rationally but I feel all Dawoodi Bohras whatever their origin, their circumstances, their nationalities, their gender should be treated equally in all manner.
Last edited by Rebel on Fri May 16, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New

Unread post by New » Fri May 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Great Great Great. The democracy comes finally to these bohras. I hope the Kothar whoes head wore Triranga in his death and the 40,000 who sang Jane gan man... In Azad Maidan and Muffy are paying attention.

Nafisa

Unread post by Nafisa » Fri May 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Baad Salaam al Jameel
Reformst Mumineen
My sincere Dua for you all who are organising Ziyarat tour of Duaat and Hudud, who spent their lives with simplicity and Taqwa. Mafia of Saify Mahal and Badri Mahal turn Ziyarat as lucrative business. They harass Mumineen on the name of Ziyarat and plays with their sentiments. If Reformist Mumineen start this Ziyarat trip then Muffy and brothers peace will be ruin. If Kuthaar create any hurdle in this regard or take any objectionable action, file suit in High Court and also approach Human Right Commission of India.

Mazaraat of Awliya is not father's Jageer of the Dai.
Last edited by Nafisa on Fri May 16, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Fri May 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Wow Insafbhai its grt news. I wish all the best to all organisers and participants for this trip. I think this is one of the biggest step taken by reformists in so many years of struggle. May allah make this trip a successful and turning point for DAWOODI BOHRA.

Would also like to appreciate all the organisers for planning and implementing this trip and may allah fulfill the intentions of the trip which is obviously in the interest of dawoodi bohra.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri May 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Nafisa wrote:If Kuthaar create any hurdle in this regard or take any objectionable action, file suit in High Court and also approach Human Right Commission of India.
There is no need to file a fresh case as a simple police complaint is enough........... Copy of this compliant should be forwarded to the Bombay High Court where the succession battle is going on and Muffy will be taken to task for lying in the court by stating that he does not prevent any Bohras from visiting mazars and masjids. This will also weaken his case to a great extent.

New

Unread post by New » Fri May 16, 2014 5:15 pm

How many brave souls are in the group? I have nothing but an admiration for the courage.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Sat May 17, 2014 1:12 am

A very good idea. Should have been taken long long time ago. Any way "Jagya tyathi Sawar".

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat May 17, 2014 1:35 am

Excellent ! This is what is required, from a unity point of view. Lets appreciate this initiative. Not to cause any ego damage to kothar, but to celebrate coming together ! SKQ camp too should come forward and plan tours to mingle with SMS abdes. There will be a lot of hatred, venom spitting and laanats. Long run, better sense will prevail.

Excommunication shall be me made redundant by people themselves.

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Sat May 17, 2014 3:20 am

What if they gather all the reformist under one roof in the name of ziyarat tour and do mass genocide, it would be easy for them since MODI is the prime minister. Su niraali shaan Moula Moula Muffy Moula.

alam

Unread post by alam » Sat May 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Akhtiar Wahid wrote:What if they gather all the reformist under one roof in the name of ziyarat tour and do mass genocide, it would be easy for them since MODI is the prime minister. Su niraali shaan Moula Moula Muffy Moula.
There's no point in enticing and talking about provoking violence and hatred.

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Sat May 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Will you get accomodation there of you want to or have to stop over?

Ask for good rooms and get it. Go after holiday season so that there is no excuse of room are all full.

natkhat pari

Unread post by natkhat pari » Sun May 25, 2014 4:56 am

Any update on the tour sir or its posponed by narender modi

natkhat pari

Unread post by natkhat pari » Tue May 27, 2014 3:51 am

Mrs cyclewala conducted ziyarat and press co.ference at devri but no post pic.is this a way to treat a senior reformist?

think

Unread post by think » Tue May 27, 2014 8:40 am

some of the mazars created after the person's death is a way of making money as many throw money into the tombs. The tour is fine to pay respect to the departed souls but the shabab and other members that are participating in the tour should not throw any money in the galas as this again defeats the purpose.
the idea of this exercise is to send a message to the clergy that they do not have the sole right as to who can and cannot visit the mazaars.

think

Unread post by think » Tue May 27, 2014 8:44 am

In Pakistan atleast, mazars and shrines of babas and mureed's are created by the dozens and becomes a source of income for the mazaar creators. People are blind and they think going to such shrines, throwing some money into the gallaas and listening to some qawali that is recited would solve their troubles.

natkhat pari

Unread post by natkhat pari » Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 am

Sir adamji perbhoy was not a saint
He was born an bhora and left as a angle

think

Unread post by think » Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 am

good for Adamjee Pirbhoy. He gave his best to the world. He certainly would not want money thrown into his tomb. Allah had blessed him with plenty and the intellect to do good for the hereafter. The so called holy poly can learn a lesson or two from his philantrophy.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue May 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Mubarak , bushra...well done.

For the global interest can we get media translated into English. Admin is PDB going to present a better coverage through gallery and video clips ?

natkhat pari

Unread post by natkhat pari » Wed May 28, 2014 4:56 am

Any update about mumbai part of ziyarat tour.
Are they going to rozat tahera and narilwadi also?

Dr Fatema

Unread post by Dr Fatema » Wed May 28, 2014 5:32 am

Aqa Moula (RA) and Muffadal Moula (TUS) always ask bohra youth to come back in dawat. They always say " tame mara farzandi cho, paccha aawi jao- dawat na darwaza hamesha khulla che."

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed May 28, 2014 5:40 am

Fatema and who believes that storyline ?

What they want is no opposition and label opponent enemy of dawat

Why does he not create an environment that makes our fight unnecessary

Once it is pollution free we will come peacefully

S. Insaf

Striking Start of Reformists’ Ziyarat Tour

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu May 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Smashing Windscreen of Raza, Dress-code and Jamat-Card into pieces
Striking Start of Reformists’ Ziyarat Tour

The Tour started from Qubba of seven Dais up to 50th Dai who had kept the community free from the tyrannical-restrictions.
A tour of 40 cities Ziyarat by reformists Bohras is jointly organized by Central Board of Dawoodi Bohra Community (CBDBC), Bombay, Bohra Youth Association, Udaipur and Fuli Bai and Zehra Cyclewala Charitable Trust, Surat. The Tour includes Ziyarat at Surat, Ahmadabad, Khambat, Jamnagar, Godhara, Sidhpoor, Patan, Jawra, Ahmadnagar, Morbi, Rampura, Ujjain, Burhanpur, Aurangabad and Mumbai.
On 23rd May 2014 morning I, Saifuddin Insaf, General Secretary of CBDBC, Bhai Tayyebi Zamindar, senior reformist and staunch Gandhiwadi from Ahemdabad reached Surat in the morning.
I along with Zehra Ben Cyclewala went to Dawoodi Bohra Musaferkhana to book the rooms for expected reformist Dawoodi Bohras. The watchman of musaferkhana first insisted on Bohra cap and rida. I asked him when Narendra Modi went to Arabic university did you asked him to wear Bohra cap? When we met the manager in his office first he insisted on e-Jamat card and we asked him the same question, then he said that rooms were not available due to seasonal rush but promised us to allot few room by evening.
At 4 p.m. evening I, Zehra Ben and brother Tayebi Zamindar addressed a very well-attended Press Conference at Kwality Restaurant near Rang Upwan, Surat.
The Press Release stated that "It is a big achievement that through their constant struggle and sufferings since last 40 years the reformist Dawoodi Bohras have succeeded in putting an end to the militancy, violence and brutalities of Kothar-instigated Bohras. As per the 900 years tradition and tenets of the community everyone who was born as Dawoodi Bohra has his/her birth-right to make use of the community’s properties like masjids, mazars, jamatkhanas, musafirkhanas, qabrastan etc. without any undue restriction. The reformist Bohras are Dawoodi Bohras by birth and they are fighting to liberate their fellow religionists from the clutches of tyrant religious establishment. Awareness has come in the community and this Ziyarat Tour is undertaken to demonstrate that it is now Dawoodi Bohras to assert their rights and live with dignity.
I said in my address to the print and electronic media present there that various splits have taken in Islam on the issue of succession. But the present dispute between the brother and son of late Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb has arisen because since last 100 years the succession has been monopolized within one princely family and huge unaccounted wealth has been accumulated at the center through extortion and exploitation. Thus the present one is not a dispute it is a bloody battle for control of this wealth. It is certainly not for religious post of a Dai.
Brother Tayyebi Zamindar emphasized on the role and support of media in the success story of the Bohra reformists while Zehra Ben Cyclewala praised the support of media, police, judiciary and non-Bohra supporters in her long drawn struggle against the Bohra religious establishment which she fought for more than 28 years single-handedly.
The news of this press conference was reported by almost all daily newspaper and TV channels continuously for two days. This generated lots of interest in Bohras of Surat particularly and of Gujarat in general. The Zehra Ben’s phones started ringing till midnight congratulating and wishing success.
On 24th May 2014 the reformist Dawoodi Bohras from Udaipur, Rajkot and Mumbai arrived at Surat and at 10 a.m. morning a meeting of reformists was held where it was decided that the Ziyarat tour will first cover the important mazars in Gujarat and Saurashtra, then in Madhya Pradesh and finally in Maharashtra ending tour at Mumbai after Ziyarat of Sir Adamji Peerbhoy.
On the same day at 5 p.m. evening a group of 42 reformist Dawoodi Bohra zaereen started moving towards Qubba Sharif at Zanpa bazaar, Surat for Ziyarat of seven revered Dais led in peace in line in one Qubba along with their family members. All Fatemi Imams and Dais prior to last two Dais are led to rest in qabrastans both in Yemen and India, as these Imam and Dais loved their the believers and considered themselves one among them.
More than 400 Muslim men and women joined the reformists in their walk. The area of Zanpa Bazar is dominated by Dawoodi Bohras so hundreds of them peacefully, anxiously stood on both sides of roads watching the determination of their liberators. Brother Insaf all along was calling them to join and perform Ziyarat without restriction of dress-code and Jamat-cards. They kept on saying “Mubarak Thai” with raised hands. There was no hatred, no resentment from any corner. Of course there was heavy police deployment all along the route.
The crowd came inside the compound through the main gate along with reformist Bohras. They were nervously welcomed by the Surat Jamat members and other big shots. Buniyat women and Shabab musclemen in big numbers were gathered there, but they remained silent observers.
One of the Jamat members requested the reformist men to wear cap before entering Qubba. When questioned who has given this instruction; as so for Mufaddal Saifuddin is not Dai, as dispute is yet not resolved. Mufaddal Bhaisaheb can embrace half-naked Ramdev Baba but you would not allow a Dawoodi Bohra without a cap, why? He had no answer. He then mildly said “I request you to tie a handkerchief, please.”
When reformists were inside Qubba doing Ziyarat a press person wanted to take photographs but he was stopped saying that it is a disrespect to take photographs here. Outside at the entrance there was a photograph of Mufaddal kissing one grave. Referring that brother Insaf asked "when Mufaddal disrespected, why you did not kick him on his back-side? No reply. Then photographs were taken and no one dared to object.
When the reformist men and women came out after Ziyarat, brother Insaf asked "where is the grave of Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb's mother, Husaina I-saheba? If person whom she has given birth had never visited her, at least let us do her ziyarat." Her grave was there at the extreme border of Qubba compound and that too without shelter, burning in hote sun. There was no cover over her lowly grave. The reformist Dawoodi Bohras did her ziyarat before leaving.
It was time for Zohar namaz so reformist men and women observed prayer along with orthodox in the masjid.
When my group left while I was busy talking to some of the Bohras gathered there so I alone was left behind. Suddenly three heavy-weight Bohras came to me and said, “Come along, we will sit in the office and talk.” I looked in their eyes there was no mischief so went with them. As board outside indicated it was Burhani Guards office. They made me comfortable, offered cold drink and then asked me tell us what is going on in Bombay with regard to court case?
I told them that “Mufaddal is a scoundrel, even if he wins by manipulation he will be a worst oppressor the community has ever met. If he loses it will be difficult to push him off and part with power and wealth, without bloodshed.”
On 25th May 2014 at 10 a.m. the reformist Bohras went to Nausari Bazar for Ziyarat of Mulla Vahid Bhaisaheb.
The same day at 5 pm evening a cultural program was held at Sulymani hall at Cinema road, Surat. Audience was entertained by songs by orchestra, poetries and jokes. In between Advocate Bhushan Ojha, a High Court lawyer was felicitated for his fruitful help to Zehra Ben in court cases, Mrs. Jaya Ben Joshi, who had joined Zehra Ben Cyclewala in PIL in Gujarat High Court to stop behind-door handover of two public roads to Dawat Property Trust; Mr. M. G. Kaneria, former Assistant Police Commissioner for his unbiased and straightforward role in burial of Zehra Ben’s mother, Fulibai in 1991 and Zehra Ben Cyclewala was felicitated for her consistent brave fight for her rights, by CBDBC. I and Brother Tyebi Zamindar were also felicitated.

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 29, 2014 1:16 pm

salute to you guys for standing up for this cause, but I have a sincere question here,when you guys don't believe in dai after 46th dai, how you did zyarat of 7 dai in surat?
I am not trying to mock here, but asking honest question.
any ways lets thanx SKQ that he stood up and filed case against muffy, so finally even reformists are getting fruits of his efforts.
Last edited by Sufi monk on Thu May 29, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Saifuddinbhai:

Thank you.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Bravo, may Allah be always with you. My deep regards for sister cyclewala.

alam

Unread post by alam » Thu May 29, 2014 1:34 pm

This is awesome news and milestone for bravery, courage and success.

Let's hear and see more of these stories and narratives of courage and success.
:)

chakker

Unread post by chakker » Fri May 30, 2014 4:52 am

I am afraid I do not agree that one should visit our shrines in any dress code that one pleases. We are Dawoodi Bohras and have a dress code in place. We visit our holy places for the the purpose of paying our respects to our Doats and Aliya-ul-kiraams. The least we can do is present ourselves in a respectable manner. I am sure wearing a topi and at least a kurti can do no harm. Internationally, Dawoodi Bohras are respected by their dress code. One cannot dress differently and then claim to be a Dawoodi Bohra whether he/she is "progressive" or not. Try performing Haj in ordinary clothes and see where it gets you. Even a mayyit's head and body are covered appropriately as required by the shariat.