Women's status in Muffadal Saifuddin raj

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
saminaben

Re: Women's status in Muffadal Saifuddin raj

Unread post by saminaben » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Su su thai jai, Noble Peace prize mili jaase. Pachii su? Roti kown banaawse?

kimanumanu

Re: Malala vs ??

Unread post by kimanumanu » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Whilst watching the second video, noticed that there are now two Fatemi Dawat accounts. One has the Davedaar series videos uploaded and the other the videos from former Mazoon saheb.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:36 pm

saminaben wrote: Roti kown banaawse?

why fear about 'mohabbat ni roti'? mufatlal will personally come to teach any amtes who are ignorant about roti making. remember he gives expert sabaks in that subject with the help of highly trained chefs and stewardesses from qatari airlines.

at home of course, muffy's wife strictly sees to it that mufatlal does all the cooking, esp, when it comes to making mohabbat ni roti. if you could manage your way into his secret chambers, you will see him in baniyan and lungi. slaving over a hot tawa and patlo/velan, his face covered in flour..

SAJJAD

Unread post by SAJJAD » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Bairao Sharam Na Rakhe...Khulla Fare...Call Centero Ma Raate Kamo Kare, Pachi SU SU THAI JAI? SU SU THAI JAI? - CHU-DAI THAI JAI.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:29 pm

watsup msg :

Aaje Madrassah ni dikriyo Roti center par jai ne Roti ni khidmat ma shamil thaya.
Khuda tala nemat jamarnaar Mola Ali Qadr Mola ni Umar Sharif Qayamat lag sehat aafiyat ma daraz ane daraz kare.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:17 pm

^
A proud father..

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:44 pm

What a sorry state of affairs...if these were not Bohras and the photo was in a tabloid ..they look like women in Afghanistan, Iraq under Isil or Boko Haram captured women in Nigeria .

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Received following e-mail:

"Dear muminaat of Toronto,

As per wazarat farman this year we have been granted Ashara Khidmat for Ashara tazeen. Bairao can participate in this khidmat by helping to stitch the wawta (flags). The wawta have been ordered and are here. All four sides of wawta need to be stitched and sent to surat to decorate the masjid where Moula will be presiding the Ashara Waaz this year.

The barakati wauta will be sent back to our country for barakat. Those Ladies interested in participating in this khidmat please collect the flags from the Masjid tomorrow Saturday 18th October between 1- 2 pm.

The wawta need to be returned back to the masjid on Sunday 19th October between 2-3 pm. No later than 3 pm as they need to be packed and shipped ASAP.

Shukran. bez"

As far as I can make out the local jamat will pay for the flags and the shipment; and then when they are sent back, the flags will be sold as "barakat" at hefty profit.
What ignorance, what cunning!!

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Personally I think there are far bigger issues to worry about than SMS encouraging us to cook.
Indeed as a woman I think this is one of his better ideas as we can often get our priorities confused when living in a western country.
I honestly dont know why so many want to mock the roti making, almost as if they have nothing else to complain about, which we all know isnt true.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Critical_Thinker wrote:Personally I think there are far bigger issues to worry about than SMS encouraging us to cook.
Indeed as a woman I think this is one of his better ideas as we can often get our priorities confused when living in a western country.
I honestly dont know why so many want to mock the roti making, almost as if they have nothing else to complain about, which we all know isnt true.
Since you live in West, Did you used to make Roti every day before this Tamasha started?

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Critical_Thinker wrote:Personally I think there are far bigger issues to worry about than SMS encouraging us to cook.
In fact my dear, women have always cooked. MS in fact disrupted our home-cooking with thaali. It is not his idea that we start cooking! Quite the contrary. I live in the west and I had always cooked depite being a working mom. When thaali was instituted, I stopped cooking and it was horrible. My husband and children were extremely unhappy with the thaali and are now thrilled that I am cooking again since we gave misaaq to SKQ TUS and dumped the ALL of MS fatwas including the dreadful thaali.

Your point however is well taken. There are bigger issues as well.

MMH

Unread post by MMH » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:19 pm

In fact, because we are now focusing on this cock and bull about Mohabbat ni roti and FMB ni thaali, we are drifting away from larger, burning issues in the community. I believe that what SMS is trying to do is limit the vision of women to just the four walls of our homes through his illogical and colonial farmaans which originate from his right wing ideology.

I believe he jhaadofai's fatwa's on issues which he has never faced thanks to the opulent lifestyle he has led and has no inkling about what people/women in the real world go through!

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:31 pm

think_for_yourself wrote:
In fact my dear, women have always cooked. MS in fact disrupted our home-cooking with thaali. It is not his idea that we start cooking! Quite the contrary. I live in the west and I had always cooked depite being a working mom. When thaali was instituted, I stopped cooking and it was horrible. My husband and children were extremely unhappy with the thaali and are now thrilled that I am cooking again since we gave misaaq to SKQ TUS and dumped the ALL of MS fatwas including the dreadful thaali.

Your point however is well taken. There are bigger issues as well.
I agree. The orthodox side of my family started getting lazy which is why I welcome this new direction.
Like you I am also leaning towards SKQ now. He seems the best of both worlds.
Many people are becoming increasingly despondent with the progressive jamaat, particularly since the passing of mr engineer.

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Mufaddal Bhaisaheb's true opinion about working and educated women: Don't educate women. Teach them home science. If women talk to men they will commit zinah, not sure if a woman does not have the politically correct opinion about roti making, she will receive shafa'at of Fatematuz zahra. Throw your wife out of the house if she does not wear a rida.
Attachments
Mufaddal_Saifuddin_says_women_should_stay_at_home%28360p_H.264-AAC%29.mp4
(9.37 MiB) Downloaded 2399 times
Mufaddal_Saifuddin_says_if_you_don%2527t_make_roti%252C_you_won%2527t_get_shafa%2527at%2528360p_H.264-AAC%2529.mp4
(14.17 MiB) Downloaded 2408 times
Mufaddal_Moula_TUS_Farman__Je_apna_bairao_Rida_na_pehne_ye_apna_ghar_ma_na_rahe%2528360p_H.264-AAC%2529 %281%29.mp4
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 2411 times
Mufaddal_Saifuddin_says_women_should_not_be_educated%2528360p_H.264-AAC%2529 %281%29 (2).mp4
(7.42 MiB) Downloaded 2414 times

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:45 am

Do women really want to entrust the futures of their daughters to someone who thinks like this? Would we elect such a man as President? We would never trust our nation to him. Why then do we trust our souls to him?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:08 pm

For Bohra women residing in Chennai :-

BMMA or an organisation called “Roshni” based in Chennai is started by Advocate Mrs. Bader Sayeed. Both these organisations have lawyers as members and they have a tremendous amount of experience representing women’s causes and fighting for women’s rights. They have first-hand experience of how the law impacts the day-to-day life of the women.

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:25 am

Nations become successful when women do well, Obama says
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 030695.cms

vs su su thai jai....

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:05 pm

https://youtu.be/KtPv7IEhWRA
"My Choice" Directed By Homi Adajania
vs
su su thai jai...

lawgraduate

Unread post by lawgraduate » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:32 pm

only thing I am against muffy is his posh life, when it comes to his stand on rida and woman I love this guy, he is trying to impose things which is islamic and which need to be imposed by the leader in the same way.

I know most KQ followers are not very found of rida, few of his follower frm west also let their daughter take part in fashion shows and feel proud when she wins beauty contests, may ALLAH give them taufiq.

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:11 am

bro lawgrad
u seem to educated and intellectual
islamic dress is a myth created by wahabi and salafi
there is no dress code mentioned in Quran.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:36 am

24:31
And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and to be mindful of their chastity, and not to display their charms [in public] beyond what may [decently] be apparent thereof; hence, let them draw their head-coverings over their bosoms. And let them not display [more of] their charms to any but their husbands, or their fathers, or their husbands’ fathers, or their sons, or their husbands’ Sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their womenfolk, or those whom they rightfully possess, or such male attendants as are beyond all sexual desire, or children that are as yet unaware of women’s nakedness; and let them not swing their legs [in walking] so as to draw attention to their hidden charms And [always], O you believers - all of you - turn unto God in repentance, so that you might attain to a happy state!

Islamic dress is simply the dress worn by the wives and daughters of the prophet (saw). Imagine what his daughter Fatima (ra) would prefer to wear. An Islamic dress, or a non-Islamic dress? The character of a woman defines the types of clothes she would choose to wear. Consider Fatima(ra)'s character and then imagine what she would've worn.

Let us not degrade the Islamic dress simply because some fools choose to force it upon the women. Let the women decide. The better the character of the woman, the more Islamic will be the dress!!

lawgraduate

Unread post by lawgraduate » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:44 pm

qutub_mamajiwala wrote:bro lawgrad
u seem to educated and intellectual
islamic dress is a myth created by wahabi and salafi
there is no dress code mentioned in Quran.
you are very very wrong about this....

muslim man should try and look like prophet Muhammed(s) and copy his style, in same way Muslim woman should follow great Islamic personalities like bibi Khadija, Bibi fatema and bibi Zainab(A).

now Imagine what type of clothes they would wear?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:07 pm

muslim man should try and look like prophet Muhammed(s) and copy his style, in same way Muslim woman should follow great Islamic personalities like bibi Khadija, Bibi fatema and bibi Zainab(A).
So you mean to say people living in Alaska or Canada should wear the clothes Prophet wore in hot Desert of Saudi Arabia.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:42 pm

LG bhai I think dress is not important, the most important thing is our behaviour.

If you look closely you may find many muslim Men or Women who are very modern in their attire but they are nice human being similarly at the same time you may find many men and women who dress perfectly as per our Islamic tradition but they are NOT at all good human being.

My view is FOCUS on behaviour rest is secondary.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:02 pm

at the same time you may find many men and women who dress perfectly as per our Islamic tradition but they are NOT at all good human being.
Example===== Kothari Goons as well as Saudi king and Princes

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:01 pm

If you look closely you may find many muslim Men or Women who are very modern in their attire but they are nice human being similarly at the same time you may find many men and women who dress perfectly as per our Islamic tradition but they are NOT at all good human being.
This is just an excuse. I do not want to keep a beard so I find someone who has a beard and is not a good person and convince myself that beard is not needed to be good.

Saudi royalty dresses Islamically and are bad people, but that doesn't mean good people do not need to dress Islamically.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:58 pm

It's not an excuse. Dress code and other thing are secondary the primary and the most foremost thing is HUMANITY. Dress code doesn't guarantee you follow Islam but yes if your behaviour is good or your character is clean than certainly you are following the step of ahle bait.

Improve your character rest can be ignore. Islam was form because of inhuman character and not because of inappropriate dress code.

lawgraduate

Unread post by lawgraduate » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:07 am

Those who are on path of be hayyayi answer this question, will your wife and daughter be able to stand in same line with bibi Zainab on the day of judgement?

will your daughter be comfortable standing in jeans and t shirt in line with Bibi Zainab? answer this honestly.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:29 am

lawgraduate wrote:Those who are on path of be hayyayi answer this question, will your wife and daughter be able to stand in same line with bibi Zainab on the day of judgement?

will your daughter be comfortable standing in jeans and t shirt in line with Bibi Zainab? answer this honestly.
Can you please tell us what part of World do you live in? Once again we are going thru this nonsense Islamic Attire. Does Men wearing Shalwar and Kurta is Islamic or does Arabic attire is Islamic? Does Saya Topi according to you falls in Islamic, There was NO SAYA at the time of STS either so I am sure Imam Hussain and everyone before him did not wear SAYA
Dress Code in Islam is Modesty and let every one decide for themselves what is MODESTY?

lawgraduate

Unread post by lawgraduate » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:52 pm

SBM wrote:
lawgraduate wrote:Those who are on path of be hayyayi answer this question, will your wife and daughter be able to stand in same line with bibi Zainab on the day of judgement?

Can you please tell us what part of World do you live in? Once again we are going thru this nonsense Islamic Attire. Does Men wearing Shalwar and Kurta is Islamic or does Arabic attire is Islamic? Does Saya Topi according to you falls in Islamic, There was NO SAYA at the time of STS either so I am sure Imam Hussain and everyone before him did not wear SAYA
Dress Code in Islam is Modesty and let every one decide for themselves what is MODESTY?
you are such an idiot that I dont even feel to reply your idiotic posts but any ways here we are talking about female dress which is suppose to be Islam there is no salwar kameez for men prescribed in Islam, for men beard is prescribed.