HOW MUCH DO WE FOLLOW & BELIEVE in what is written?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
silvertongue

HOW MUCH DO WE FOLLOW & BELIEVE in what is written?

Unread post by silvertongue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:57 am

In this forum, every Tom Dick & Harry talks like a learned scholar or Maulana. Sending Lanats on each other and abusing. My challenge and question is How much does one believe in what is written. We all know that Quran is a context so it doesnt cover up everything and that is why we have Hadiths which some find authentic and some dont. That depends on narrators as well. So Where do we stand. Instead of a fight, let us all get together and find these pure authentic sources from the Quran & the Hadith/Sunnah/Books to reach a definite conclusion about our beliefs. And if it contradicts to what you currently believe, are you wiling to change it? thats more important....

DisillusionedDB

Re: HOW MUCH DO WE FOLLOW & BELIEVE in what is written?

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:10 am

silvertongue wrote:In this forum, every Tom Dick & Harry talks like a learned scholar or Maulana. Sending Lanats on each other and abusing. My challenge and question is How much does one believe in what is written. We all know that Quran is a context so it doesnt cover up everything and that is why we have Hadiths which some find authentic and some dont. That depends on narrators as well. So Where do we stand. Instead of a fight, let us all get together and find these pure authentic sources from the Quran & the Hadith/Sunnah/Books to reach a definite conclusion about our beliefs. And if it contradicts to what you currently believe, are you wiling to change it? thats more important....
How do you think that we can find the pure authentic sources when so many learned scholars around the world haven't been able to do so ? I say this because it's plain obvious the bias each sect has towards their own set of beliefs / hadiths / interpretation of the Quran.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:14 am

I know its really tough and it has been going on since 1400 years. But the solution can be done in the light of Quran and some authentic Hadiths with a healthy chain of followers.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:24 am

silvertongue wrote:I know its really tough and it has been going on since 1400 years. But the solution can be done in the light of Quran and some authentic Hadiths with a healthy chain of followers.
I don't think anyone here is qualified to qualify the authenticity of the narrators. I certainly am not.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:25 am

A rational thought and opinion which can be universally accepted for bigger good of mankind are far better than rigid written doctrines and legacies stuck from past/history.

Most of the times I find, shiaa of ali ( lovers of ali) to be the biggest hypocrite muslims. They gloat, shout, flatter and fume in love for Imam Ali, but do not stand for the virtues, principles and behavior Imam Ali as an ardent follower of Islam stood for.

Bro Silvertongue, your post in flatter of Imam Ali are shocking and up-setting in light of tawheed. I m a shia, I love/admire/respect Ahlul Bayt and Imam Ali, but there is a limit to my thought that does not cross borders of worship. And this limit is seen in the words I speak as we cannot determine what is in one’s heart.

No matter how much one thumps down, shouts and begs that the words they speak in love/admiration/repsect etc does not amount to worship or shirk; common sense says otherwise. No one is hating Imam Ali and Ahlul bayt here. Neither there is any need to exaggerate their status to debatable levels. The only tussle between members here are, when people are arrogant and stubborn on expressing their love for Imam ali and will go to any limits to prove their point.

My personal opinion, there are no high or low positions, everyone is /was here for a purpose, they did it to their best abilities and returned to allah. There is this constant struggle from shias to prove some sort of supremacy of Imam Ali over prophet and closeness to allah etc etc. who is more closer, who is more far, who is more lovable, who is more hatable, c’mon grow up. We are talking about a faith, not some intra family favoritism contest.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:27 am

We can post references from the books, the authentic ones. Heres a list in order.

Quran
Sahih Bukhari
Sahih Muslim
Al Mustadraq Al Sahihain
Sahih Tirmidhi
Nahjul Balagha
Daim ul Islama

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:28 am

My personal opinion, there are no high or low positions, everyone is /was here for a purpose, they did it to their best abilities and returned to allah. There is this constant struggle from shias to prove some sort of supremacy of Imam Ali over prophet and closeness to allah etc etc. who is more closer, who is more far, who is more lovable, who is more hatable, c’mon grow up. We are talking about a faith, not some intra family favoritism contest.
Then I would personally advice you to stay away from this topic as I find it is none of your interest then.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:33 am

silvertongue wrote: Then I would personally advice you to stay away from this topic as I find it is none of your interest then.
Advise taken, wish you luck with figuring out who is more favorite and who is less. Spend your life in useless comparison.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:40 am

Hehehe.. I think you are right at some point though..

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:50 am

humanbeing wrote: Most of the times I find, shiaa of ali ( lovers of ali) to be the biggest hypocrite muslims. They gloat, shout, flatter and fume in love for Imam Ali, but do not stand for the virtues, principles and behavior Imam Ali as an ardent follower of Islam stood for.
Attachments
Something similar :)
Something similar :)
IMG-20140126-WA0076-1.jpg (5.06 KiB) Viewed 4799 times

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:53 am

True that..

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:14 am

Keep your life and deen simple ! Islam is a way of life. Trust and Ask only Allah nobody is bigger than Allah.Pray five times a day ( i myself could not figure out namaz has to be done three times or five times, my heart says islam is a way of life and i understand the logic of praying five times. I can concentrate better so i pray five times seperately). Fast , give your zakath. Islam focuses a lot on good character for that there are many verses in Quran and Ahadiths. Do not lie , backbite, cheat or hurt another muslim, eat lawful.All that counts is our intentions. If you are a man wear a beard , if a lady wear hijab ! Be modest , kep your gaze lower . Be simple !
When i decided to leave bohra sect i saw people from different sect trying to impose their sect on me.unfortunately shias are so profound in love of Hazrat Ali a.s that they are compromising on the love of Allah and Rasool S.A.W. like our community , only wailing for Imam Hussain is not at all saving you from hell fire. People fight over a.s and R.a i personally do not think islam is a fight over such a minor issue. Respect them , follow them then stand up and say something .. People curse each other on facebook for a.s and r.a issue.

I have noticed generally bohras say alot bad to the system and beliefs but are not ready to follow what is right !
May Allah guide our hearts to the right path ameen.

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:20 am

I think of one thing whether at time of Rasool S.A.W there were sects ? Where people divided into sects or were they all following islam only ?
Now these words shia sunni are being added by leaders like that of our community to create voilence among people and enjoy power. Who wants to accept that i am wrong ?
Even for Quran there are different versions of tafseers according to sects.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Well, if you study the history in the light of Quran, its not about Shias and sunni but rather, its about Mumin and Munafiq. There were many in the Sahabas of Rasulallah who claimed to be a muslim and were ready to die for islam, but when the time came none of them step forward. The clear examples are shown in the battles. You are right, there were no sects during the time of Rasulallah but yes, there were those hidden under the mask of being a muslim. Some favoured Marwan, some Abu Bakr, Some Usman, Some Umar, Some waleed, some Khalid, some Aba Quttam.. There are many names. and these people formed groups within and doubted many acts about Rasulallah. Its all in the books and available for open research. So it was kinda mini sects.

Quran 63:

When the hypocrites come to you, [O Muhammad], they say, "We testify that you are the Messenger of Allah ." And Allah knows that you are His Messenger, and Allah testifies that the hypocrites are liars.
They have taken their oaths as a cover, so they averted [people] from the way of Allah . Indeed, it was evil that they were doing.
That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.
And when you see them, their forms please you, and if they speak, you listen to their speech. [They are] as if they were pieces of wood propped up - they think that every shout is against them. They are the enemy, so beware of them. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:07 am

WiththenameofAllah wrote:Keep your life and deen simple ! Islam is a way of life. Trust and Ask only Allah nobody is bigger than Allah.Pray five times a day ( i myself could not figure out namaz has to be done three times or five times, my heart says islam is a way of life and i understand the logic of praying five times. I can concentrate better so i pray five times seperately). Fast , give your zakath. Islam focuses a lot on good character for that there are many verses in Quran and Ahadiths. Do not lie , backbite, cheat or hurt another muslim, eat lawful.All that counts is our intentions. If you are a man wear a beard , if a lady wear hijab ! Be modest , kep your gaze lower . Be simple !
When i decided to leave bohra sect i saw people from different sect trying to impose their sect on me.unfortunately shias are so profound in love of Hazrat Ali a.s that they are compromising on the love of Allah and Rasool S.A.W. like our community , only wailing for Imam Hussain is not at all saving you from hell fire. People fight over a.s and R.a i personally do not think islam is a fight over such a minor issue. Respect them , follow them then stand up and say something .. People curse each other on facebook for a.s and r.a issue.

I have noticed generally bohras say alot bad to the system and beliefs but are not ready to follow what is right !
May Allah guide our hearts to the right path ameen.
@WiththenameofAllah, I totally agree with you. Even I feel that instead of forcefully imposing our sectarian beliefs over others is pointless. In the end it is your own heart-felt belief that counts. We all must have seen and heard shias converting to sunnis and sunnis converting to shias too. Why does that happen ? How does it prove which sect is right or wrong ? Hence, it all boils down to our own belief and what we feel is right / wrong in our hearts. Just do what the Quran and Rasulullah commanded us to do and we are safe.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:53 am

Thats what this post is about. To exactly note out what Quran and Rasulallah says. Start with a topic and we can point out some Ayats or references to that context.

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:56 am

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):
1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Messenger (ﷺ).
2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.
3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .
4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)
5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.

حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُوسَى، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا حَنْظَلَةُ بْنُ أَبِي سُفْيَانَ، عَنْ عِكْرِمَةَ بْنِ خَالِدٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم " بُنِيَ الإِسْلاَمُ عَلَى خَمْسٍ شَهَادَةِ أَنْ لاَ
إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ، وَإِقَامِ الصَّلاَةِ، وَإِيتَاءِ الزَّكَاةِ، وَالْحَجِّ، وَصَوْمِ رَمَضَانَ ".

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 8
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 8
(deprecated numbering scheme)

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 am

Narrated Abu Musa:
Some people asked Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."

حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى بْنِ سَعِيدٍ الْقُرَشِيِّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي قَالَ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بُرْدَةَ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ أَبِي بُرْدَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي بُرْدَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَىُّ الإِسْلاَمِ أَفْضَلُ قَالَ " مَنْ سَلِمَ الْمُسْلِمُونَ مِنْ لِسَانِهِ وَيَدِهِ ".

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 11
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 4
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 11

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:58 am

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The signs of a hypocrite are three:
1. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.
2. Whenever he promises, he always breaks it (his promise ).
3. If you trust him, he proves to be dishonest. (If you keep something as a trust with him, he will not return it.)"

حَدَّثَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ أَبُو الرَّبِيعِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا نَافِعُ بْنُ مَالِكِ بْنِ أَبِي عَامِرٍ أَبُو سُهَيْلٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ " آيَةُ الْمُنَافِقِ ثَلاَثٌ إِذَا حَدَّثَ كَذَبَ، وَإِذَا وَعَدَ أَخْلَفَ، وَإِذَا اؤْتُمِنَ خَانَ ".

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 33
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 26
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 33

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:17 am

Woow.. Sounds like someone I know.. hehehe

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:43 am

silvertongue wrote:Woow.. Sounds like someone I know.. hehehe
Ahadeeths can be on character as well. we need that badly :P . All Ahadeets are not about shia sunni fight.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:48 am

{Righteousness is not that you turn your faces to the east and the west [in prayer]. But righteous is the one who believes in God, the Last Day, the Angels, the Scripture and the Prophets; who gives his wealth in spite of love for it to kinsfolk, orphans, the poor, the wayfarer, to those who ask and to set slaves free. And (righteous are) those who pray, pay alms, honor their agreements, and are patient in (times of) poverty, ailment and during conflict. Such are the people of truth. And they are the God-Fearing.} (Al-Baqarah 2:177)

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:17 am

[Yusufali 5:109] One day will Allah gather the messengers together, and ask: "What was the response ye received (from men to your teaching)?" They will say: "We have no knowledge: it is Thou Who knowest in full all that is hidden."

[Yusufali 6:50] Say: "I tell you not that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor do I know what is hidden, nor do I tell you I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me." Say: "can the blind be held equal to the seeing?" Will ye then consider not?

[Yusufali 6:59] With Him are the keys of the unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a record clear (to those who can read).

So how come we know all about the Ta'wil when Rasulullah himself doesn't know ?

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:49 am

Please dont judge the Prophet of Allah without Analyzing further in the Quran.

Allah says in the Qur’an,
“These are the tidings of Unseen that We reveal to you in secret”.
Surah-Ale-Imran, verse 44.

“Nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Apostles (For the purpose)”
Surah-Ale-Imran, verse 179.

“The Knower of Unseen reveals not His secret to anyone. Except to His chosen Messengers”.
Surah-Al-Jinn, verse 26.

“…Allah has sent down to you the Book and Wisdom and has taught to you what you did not know, and great is the grace of Allah upon you.”
Surah Al-Nisa, Verse 113.

Imam Tabari writes under this verse:

Allah TA’ALA has told the Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace), you must thank Allah TA’ALA Who has informed you of what has already happened and what will happen in the future and this is a great grace of Allah upon you.
(Tafsir Tabari under verse 113 of Surah Al-Nisa).

The above Qur’anic verses prove that Allah TA’ALA has given Muhammad (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) the knowledge of the Ghayb. Proofs from the Ahadith that Prophet Muhammad [May Allah bless him and grant him peace] had the knowledge of the Ghayb

We find in a narration from the collection of Imam Bukhari :

Prophet Muhammad (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) stood up in one meeting and he started to tell us about events from the beginning of this world to the end and he told us about heaven and hell and about the people who were going to hell and who were going to heaven and what will be their places in heaven and hell. Of course, some people remember what he told us and some people have forgotten.

(Bukhari, Chapter Bada-Ul-Khalq.)
Last edited by silvertongue on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 am

The Munafiqs (hypocrites- those who were outwardly Muslims but inwardly unbelievers) made an objection to the knowledge of the Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace). The Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) stood on the pulpit and said, “Ask me what you will”.One person stood up and asked, “What will be my place in the Hereafter?” The Prophet replied, “Hell”. Another person whose name was Abdullah bin Huzaifa, (people doubted whether he was a legitimate child), stood up and asked, “Who is my Father?” The Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) replied, “Your Father is Huzaifa”. (The accusation on Abdullah bin Huzaifa was cleared.) The Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) repeated, “Ask me, ask me”.

It is evident from this Hadith that the only people who objected to the knowledge (Ilm-e-ghaib) of the Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) were the Munafiqs (hypocrites), and the belief that Allah informed His Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) of more knowledge than any one else is the belief of the blessed companions of the Prophet.

Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal quotes the following narration which provides more evidence on the Prophets knowledge :

The Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) stated, “I have seen my Lord, He put His hands upon my chest, after which everything appeared before me and I recognized everything.

[Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, vol 5, page 243]

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:41 am

silvertongue wrote:Please dont judge the Prophet of Allah without Analyzing further in the Quran.

Allah says in the Qur’an,
“These are the tidings of Unseen that We reveal to you in secret”.
[Yusufali 3:44] This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Messenger!) by inspiration:
Here "unseen" means the past happenings before Rasulullah. If you read the previous verses, you will know.

Surah-Ale-Imran, verse 44.

“Nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Apostles (For the purpose)”
[Yusufali 3:179] Allah will not leave the believers in the state in which ye are now, until He separates what is evil from what is good nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Messengers (For the purpose) whom He pleases.
Here Allah does not say that He will disclose the secrets to chosen messengers. The next sentence is completely separate and means that He has the authority to choose His messengers to spread His word

Surah-Ale-Imran, verse 179.

“The Knower of Unseen reveals not His secret to anyone. Except to His chosen Messengers”.
[Yusufali 72:26] "He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries,-
Self-explanatory

Surah-Al-Jinn, verse 26.

“…Allah has sent down to you the Book and Wisdom and has taught to you what you did not know, and great is the grace of Allah upon you.”
[Yusufali 4:113] But for the Grace of Allah to thee and his Mercy, a party of them would certainly have plotted to lead thee astray. But (in fact) they will only Lead their own souls astray, and to thee they can do no harm in the least. For Allah hath sent down to thee the Book and wisdom and taught thee what thou Knewest not (before): And great is the Grace of Allah unto thee.
Here the words "taught thee what thou Knewest not (before)" again mean what has happened in the past which Rasulullah was not aware of as they occurred years before his time.

Surah Al-Nisa, Verse 113.
The above is my interpretation of the interpretations.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:46 pm

silvertongue wrote:In this forum, every Tom Dick & Harry talks like a learned scholar or Maulana. Sending Lanats on each other and abusing. My challenge and question is How much does one believe in what is written. We all know that Quran is a context so it doesnt cover up everything and that is why we have Hadiths which some find authentic and some dont. That depends on narrators as well. So Where do we stand. Instead of a fight, let us all get together and find these pure authentic sources from the Quran & the Hadith/Sunnah/Books to reach a definite conclusion about our beliefs. And if it contradicts to what you currently believe, are you wiling to change it? thats more important....
Excerpt of an article found on the internet :-

I've been a student of Hadeeth literature for more than three years . Analytically , critically and subjectively reading, material called the " Sahih books " and also the four books of the Shi'i sect including the Nahajal Balagha . This sectarian view among the Muslims arises from opinions , gathered from books other than the Qur'an .

I've been searching for answers for a little more than two and half decades , then came across some material from Al-Azhar university Cairo . This person is the Deen or head of the university , in correspondence with another stalwart Alim . The first question this Stalwart Alim asks the Deen is " - The first generations of Muslims did not follow the Sunni Imams that is the Four imams of the Sunni sect . (2) the doors of Ijthehad were open among the Muslims and their rulers , why were they closed. Other then the Qurani'c concept , man made opinions were made compulsory ?

The messenger of Allah passed away in eleven Hijri. ( 11th Hijra )

a) Abu Hanifa ( no proper name , only father of Hanifa ) born in 80AH died in 150 AH.
b) Imam malik , born in 95AH died in 169 AH .
c) Imam Shafii born in 150 AH died in 204 AH .
d) Imam ibn Hanbal ( no name father , son of Hanbal ) born in 164 AH died in 241 AH .
then comes the supreme clergy of Arabia , from whom the supreme Muttawa bin baaz took inspiration . Ashari born in 270 AH died in 302 AH . The first three generations of early Muslims did not follow these four Imams , they followed the Taabin and tabe-taabin .

Then comes the era of the Six great collectors and compilers of Hadith literature .
*) Imam Bukhari ( Mohammed ibn Ismail Bukhari from Bukhara then Faras (Persia ) = Iran now .
*) Imam Muslim ( Muslim ibn al Hijjaj al Qushyasi from Nishapur Iran ( Faras )
*) Imam Tirmizi from the city of Tarmind = Faras , Iran .
*)Imam abu Dawud ( no name - only father of ) from the city of seestan =Iran then Faras.
*) Ibn -e - Maaja ( no name - only son of ) from Qizween =Iran then Faras .
*) Imam Abdur Rahman Nasssi from Nassa ,Khuransan = Faras .

One will observe , none of these persons are of Arab origin . Then comes the surprising aspect of all , Imam Bukhari himself claims , that at the age of mere TEN he set out to collect and compile traditions of the holy prophet .

Then he adds one more interesting aspect to it.

He claims , for every tradition he heard he required two witness , then he would perform ablution , pray two raka nafil Namaz then make note of these traditions .( sayings of the prophet) In his own words , he collected more than Eight lakh traditions ! He then sat down to SIFT them , thereby discarding more than eight lakh traditions , presumably claiming six thousand Hadiths as authentic , out of which two thousand are repetitions , that means only four thousand are firm and authentic . So also the five others .

By what manner of measurement or judgement Bukhari discarded eight lakh traditions remain a mystery ? ( in his own word : if one rejects , even one tradition of the prophet ceases to be a Muslim ) Was it to imply that he was not ?

Now comes the real eye opener : who and where were the sources for these six imams ?

According to this correspondence from the head of Al-Azhar university , Cairo ,Sunni Alim Shaykh Salim al-Bishri , says ,The other Alim with whom he corresponded claims , these six Imams never travelled to Arabia nor Medina but to Kufah now part of Iraq , which then was a Satellite town of the Zoroastrian Persian ( Faras ), which had not forgiven the messenger of Islam nor the Arabs for destroying their ancient Zoroastrian Persian culture . Persia Now Iran was then a world power. Neither the Jews forgave , for being driven out of Medina and Khyber .

The soil of Kufah was then the hot bed of the Khariji people ( hypocrites ) who would claim to have become Muslims for opportunities then renounce that they had become Muslim . They were the first innovators among the Muslims . The apostate among the Muslims had adopted the first name Khariji , then Rafidi and then the first Shia . from wherein the concept of Shi'ism started .

Time now for some real hard facts :the other Alim - Abd al Husayn Sraraf-al Din claims he has a list of more than hundred names of Kufi Shi'i scholars , who were the actual source for the six Imama of Sunna to learn ,collect and compile their traditions from .

Here are some of their names :-
* Aban ibn Taghlib, ibn Riyah : Qari or reciter of the Quran , a disciple of Imam Zain al-Abidin . Muslim writers of Sunna : Abu Dawud , Tirmidhi , Nasai and ibn- Majah have taken traditions for their Sahih .
* Ibrahim ibn Yazid, ibn Amr ibn Aswad ibn amral-Nukhai the Jurist of Kufah .
* Ahmed ibn Mufaddal ibn al Kufi al Hafri .
* Ismail ibn Aban al Azadi al Kufi al Warraq : was a teacher and Shaykh of Bukhari .
* Ismail ibn Zakariya, Khalqani al Kufi : the authors of the six books of Sahih have borrowed his traditions for their books .
* Ismail ibn Abbad, ibn Abbas al Taliqani : he was the vazir under the Abbasid Khalifa Mu'ayid-al-Dawla Wlami . Taliqani being the first shi'i rose to the rank of VAZIR for two reasons , first for being a Shi'i and then belonging to the princely family of the powerful Zoroastrain family the Buwayhiyah family of Persia .
* Ismail ibn Abd al Rahman ibn Karimah the famous commentator known as Al-Suddi : he was the author who severely criticized the first and second Khalifa of Islam .
Tirmidhi , Abu Dawud , ibn maaja and Nasai have taken traditions from him .
* Harith ibn Abdullah al Hamdani :
* Habib ibn Abu Tahbit al asadi al Kahili al Kufi ; the six books of traditions have without restraint borrowed from him even after knowing that he was a stauch Shi'i .
* Al Hasan ibn Hayy whose real name was Salih ibn salih Hamdani :He was a great critic of Uthman.
* Hammad ibn isa al Juhani al kufi : he was assigned an abbreviation Ta Qaf for the numerous times the sunna writers borrowed traditions from him .
* Himran ibn A'yun , an abbreviation was coined for him as Qaf .
* Khalid ibn mukhlad al Qutwani abu al Haytam al Kufi : A Shaykh , a teacher and mentor of Bukhari . Bukhari has taken traditions directly from him .
* Zayd ibn habab al Hasan al Kufi al Tamimi : A pillar of Kufi traditions .
* Sulayman ibn Surd al Khuza'i al Kufi : one of the great shi'i form Kufa . Sahi Bukhari has taken tradition for his SAHIH .
*Sulayman ibn al Taymi al Basri .all the writers of the six books have borrowed from his traditions .
* Sha'bah ibn al Hujjaj surname abu Bastam : Iraqi : six books of Sahih have taken his traditions .
* Sa sa ah ibn Sawhan ibn Hajar al Abdi al Kufi : he is one of the writers of the battle of Jamal
*Ubaydullah ibn Musa al Abasi al Kufi ; teacher of Bukhari .Bukhari mentions in his Sahih of him as one of his teachers .
* Muhammed ibn Abdullah al Hakim al Naysaburi : he was a hafiz and recorder of traditions. It is he who says that the holy prophet was born CTRCUMCISED and smiling , he was a staunch Shi'i who held firmly to the claim that Ali was the actual successor of the prophet .
* Muhammed ibn Muslim ibn Ta'ifi : the first author of the book of WUDU = ablutions .
* Nuh ibn Qays ibn al hadani al Tahi al Basri : author of the book on drinks .
* Hisham ibn Ammar ibn Nasir ibn Maysarah abu al Walid : author of the books of sales , measures , war drinks and qualities ; He was the teacher of Bukhari and Bukhari has incorporated his traditions under those chapters or books .

The list is exhaustive , some of these should suffice to give an idea of where these traditions originated in the name of the holy messenger of Allah .Perhaps these are without prejudice and without bias . this should answer many questions about the authenticity of the books of traditions .

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:03 am

If the above article has any element in truth in it, then, in essence, all the sahih hadith books of Sunnis are sahih for the Shias as their origins are from Shia sources. The Sunnis accept them anyway. Then where does the difference of opinion lie ?
Something seems amiss. One would have to dig deeper into the website and get to know who the creator is. In all probability, he is a Shia which would explain his leanings.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:05 am

Thankyou ghulam muhammed for sharing such an amazing insight on the history of these great personalities. We now see that slowly the similarities are coming out. These all shia sunni thing i believe is created by todays mullas to fill in their pockets with their own die hard followers. Truth being something different.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:44 am

Hit the nail on the head

That is why I have decided read and understand the Quran

If you stop at the Quran no need to look for extra rituals . When humans need more rituals these priests found theories to fill their voids and keep their communities entertained

At least most Muslims other than a few cults agree it is the absolute guide