Wajebaats 2014

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Wajebaats 2014

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Dear Members
Please post your experience and what kind of final settlement was reached.
If possible some one can scan and post the copy of this year's wajebaat form (you can black out your identifications) but please identify the Jamaat location to get an idea of going rates

Ummul Bani

Re: Wajebaats 2014

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm

Not yet paid up as I will be following my own suggestion of paying after Ramadan to end up paying substantially lesser.

Secondly, the very idea of me religiously queuing up , on a hot Ramadan day, to pay up my own hard earned money to an undeserving lot does not really appeal to me. No way I am doing that!!

Also, it gives one immense pleasure and deep satisfaction to have them come over to you and ask for it upfront. Only goes to show who depends on whom! I'll share my experience once I pay up although I'm very sure it won't be that interesting. ;))

I really do hope other members have taken a stand this year at least after all the bitter events that have been happening around.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:52 pm

I survived the fleecing by the clergy this year, my experience was the Aamil tried his level best to scare the crap out of me by saying if i didn't pay the amount that he demanded then Allah will snatch away from me all my wealth and also I may get seriously sick, I will become poor or sick or my house will burn down --- all the usual tactics to scare people into submission which is pretty much standard in all jamaats. Every year he wants to increase my wajebaat for no reason, he has no idea what i make, what i save but the new rules are how much you make not the usual sharia rules.

Another game they play which Aqa Maola never finds out is playing favorites in doling out the tashreef from Maola. Their cronies and chamchas walk away with the shawls for a minimum wajebaat and some big payers like Doctors and big businessmen who are not their favorites but do pay wajebaats in several thousands walk away with a red rumal or a piece of white cloth for a perahen. How would Aqa Maola know who got what??? What a shame for our system of collecting zakkaat. The very people who want you to honest in paying wajebaat are not honest in doling out the tashreefs, amazing.

Ummul Bani

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Kaka Akela wrote: Aamil tried his level best to scare the crap out of me by saying if i didn't pay the amount that he demanded then Allah will snatch away from me all my wealth
You should have replied, "I would rather prefer Allah snatching away all my wealth than you doing it "and walked out from there. Actually, they weigh their options of overpowering someone by checking his/ her psyche. But you just have to manage that moment well and not give in to their demands and you will have it your way.

New

Unread post by New » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:57 pm

I am in the US, immune from their threats. Those who can afford should buy a small tap recorder during their encounter. The same tape recorder can be shared with others. There is an order of the Supreme Court that the enforcement of any Fatwa is illegal.

AmmarHussaini

Unread post by AmmarHussaini » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:05 pm

why are you guys paying to mufaddal on the first place?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:52 pm

New wrote:I am in the US, immune from their threats. Those who can afford should buy a small tap recorder during their encounter. The same tape recorder can be shared with others. There is an order of the Supreme Court that the enforcement of any Fatwa is illegal.
Br New
In USA it is illegal to tape a conversation without the other person's consent or without court order. As far as the Fatwa is concerned that is Indian Supreme Court. In USA any kind of coercion is illegal if you have few witnesses to testify.

Moiz_Dhaanu

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:50 am

Ummul Bani wrote:
Kaka Akela wrote: Aamil tried his level best to scare the crap out of me by saying if i didn't pay the amount that he demanded then Allah will snatch away from me all my wealth
You should have replied, "I would rather prefer Allah snatching away all my wealth than you doing it "and walked out from there. Actually, they weigh their options of overpowering someone by checking his/ her psyche. But you just have to manage that moment well and not give in to their demands and you will have it your way.
This conversation reminds me of one incident which happened a few months back. Everyone might rememebr that during SMS stay in khandala(india) , there were rumours that a shooter had shot at his costly range rover car , and every abde said it was done by SKQ side. There were even pictures posted on this forum which showed the window panes all smashed up (these are costly for cars like Range Rover)... later it was confirmed that this happened due to a tire burst or something....so based on the wajebaat topic above ..is it possible that Shz MS had not paid his wajebaat properly and hence there was "Maali nuksaan"( economic loss) :wink: to him.
Whenever we ordinary mumin face any loss in business or theft of property ! Then bhaisaheb / aamil saheb will say " this happened becoz u did not pay proper wajebaat last year and hence this calamity fell on you...so my question to all abdes is , Is it possible that Shz MS did not pay his wajebaat to imam hence his car glass were shattered :roll:

AmmarHussaini

Unread post by AmmarHussaini » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 am

dont you know money is the first thing which which should be cut off if people really want some change?

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:57 am

NOT PAID YET AND HOPEFULLY WILL NOT PAY ANYTIME SOON..... :-)

garibmumin

Unread post by garibmumin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 am

Our guest from gulf paid 45 lakh, another one paid 17 lac . I was amazed!! The guy who paid 17 lac said literally this is my ticket to heaven!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:06 pm

There are some people in Dubai who specially come to India during the Dai's presence and give him amounts ranging in crores. Its another story that they are "Priority" customers in the Qarze Hasanah scheme wherein they can get millions of dirhams backed with negligible security !

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

One of my die hard abde relative who's income has decreased this year is in doldrums since his wajebaat has been increased. This relative's wajebaat is not a low amount. Its in 6 figure amount...

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:36 pm

wise_guy wrote:One of my die hard abde relative who's income has decreased this year is in doldrums since his wajebaat has been increased. This relative's wajebaat is not a low amount. Its in 6 figure amount...
I know quite a few abdes who take qarze hasanah or even loans on interest in order to pay wajebat as demanded by the rascals. In order to fill their coffers, these mafias have totally nullified the true message behind such important tenats of Islam.

New

Unread post by New » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Bhai SBM, yes I am aware of the illegal aspect of tape recording. I was suggesting this for India etc.

There is a recent indian Supreme Court order with regards to Fatwa.

garibmumin

Unread post by garibmumin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 pm

you are right , we have received loan requests from abdes just to pay these wajebats and we explicitly deny them on face, these kothars are very strict and uncompromising , many of the abdes complain and cry but are not willing to remove this yolk like us! we ensure that a single penny does not reach the kothar and try the level best to discourage others also from donating to them.

AmmarHussaini

Unread post by AmmarHussaini » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:45 pm

dont you know money is the first thing which which should be cut off if people really want some change?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:12 pm

One important task for us is paying wajebats. We have to make sure it will help one child, reduce the pain of an elderly or a helping hand to a struggling poor soul. Give generously if you want true happiness.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:16 pm

There was a mayhem in Surat Jamaat about Wajebaats and people demanding accounting from the Aamil.
I have forwarded the audio to Admin and requested it to be posted as I was not able to do so..

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:55 am

Posting on behalf of SBM...
Attachments
bohras-getting-mad-audio.mp3
(3.17 MiB) Downloaded 3671 times

think

Unread post by think » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:10 am

This audio is super, super. It sounds like a fish market . Does not at all look like a donation is being given for the poor and needy. Admin should make certain that this video goes viral and most mumineen in every jamaat listen to it. Specially in jamaats where huge amounts in the tune of u.s. $52000 per household is demanded by the local amil for building of mosque or for welcome reception of some zada. Also con artists and goondas of the jamaat committee demand karze hasana from mumineen to buy houses for themselves and pay their bills. such under the table dealings have been going on in bakersfield, los angeles and atlanta jamaats. As far as houston jamaat is concerned, I rest my case. That jamaat is purely run by the mafia clergy and their pet chuster. A few doctors of houston have been completely brainwashed and so chuster has a milking cow.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:17 am

SBM wrote:There was a mayhem in Surat Jamaat about Wajebaats and people demanding accounting from the Aamil.
I have forwarded the audio to Admin and requested it to be posted as I was not able to do so..
Yes I too received the same audio clip yesterday and was going to post it today but I guess SBM & Admin beat me to it :lol:

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:31 am

SBM wrote:Dear Members
Please post your experience and what kind of final settlement was reached.
If possible some one can scan and post the copy of this year's wajebaat form (you can black out your identifications) but please identify the Jamaat location to get an idea of going rates
I had gone like a good boy :wink: to pay my wajebat dues a couple of days back and as usual the demi-god sitting on the throne asked me condescendingly "su niyat kidhi che?" I quoted an amount 2/3rd of last year. He was shocked and as usual he flourished his pen like a sword and jotted down his figure which was only a little bit more than my last year figure. He thought if the increment is minimal, I won't argue but I told him in plain words I cannot pay that amount. He said "Khuda barakat aapse" and I said sorry .. just stood up and came back home. Let's see if I get a call after Ramzan and if not will see next year. My suggestion to everybody - Do not give in to their demands .. they will keep applying pressure for more and more till you break. And even when you break, they will be the least bit bothered.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:34 am

By the way .. the extension of 53 to the figures is a reality now .. 253, 553, and so on :lol: The salam envelopes are sure going to get all heavier and also go jingle-jingle from now on.
PS : I am dreading 54 :mrgreen:

AmmarHussaini

Unread post by AmmarHussaini » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:10 pm

zohair1977

Unread post by zohair1977 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:50 pm

I am not going to pay my zakat to these people...

I have decided to pay as much as possible to those who are needy, In fact I have started paying my zakat to those who really deserves it...

I urge please help others who really really in need, please.

Ya Allah please help muslims all around the world who are in trouble by any means. And Ya Allah bring all of them out of hardship of any kind and give them strength and health and wealth with lots and lots of brakah in this bless month of Ramazan!!! Aamin...

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:05 pm

SBM wrote:There was a mayhem in Surat Jamaat about Wajebaats and people demanding accounting from the Aamil.
The subject audio is of the mayhem in Tayabi Mohalla Masjid of Surat on 13th July 2014. I too had received the same on watsup.

Ummul Bani

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Heard the audio and was filled with mixed emotions.
Was quite happy that people are speaking up, but was a bit saddened by the current state of the community and the lowest degraded level the Jamat has stooped to.

No outsider hearing this audio will ever be able to reckon that the people represent "the peace loving bohra community" given their uncivilized behavior.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:47 am

Received another humourous one but the underlying facts cannot be refuted.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gt4u74rtn9ft ... WA0001.m4a

zohair1977

Unread post by zohair1977 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:59 am

DisillusionedDB wrote:Received another humourous one but the underlying facts cannot be refuted.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gt4u74rtn9ft ... WA0001.m4a
Ohh no no no no, they are much better than this. I have very strong feeling that this is recorded by some mimicry artist. Real one are quite good at delivering bayaan.

This audio sounds like someone trying to having fun while speaking/reading all the RAKAM list, like he is reading some poem... And why to cry while saying "Ramazaan aaviga chhe" he should jumping with joy and poor Abdes should cry while he jumps on his takhat by joy and say "Ramazaan Aavi Gaya Chee"