Who is required to do Animal Qurbani in Eid ul Adha?

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
Peace

Who is required to do Animal Qurbani in Eid ul Adha?

Unread post by Peace » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:19 am

Dear Members

I would like to ask, Who should offer animal sacrifice in Eid ul Adha? How should one know that he should do animal sacrifice? What is the criteria?

Is it Fard?
Is it wajib?
Is it mustahab?

Please if you have knowledge please educate me.

Munira_RV

Re: Who is required to do Animal Qurbani in Eid ul Adha?

Unread post by Munira_RV » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Peace wrote:Dear Members

I would like to ask, Who should offer animal sacrifice in Eid ul Adha? How should one know that he should do animal sacrifice? What is the criteria?

Is it Fard?
Is it wajib?
Is it mustahab?

In the library section of this website, refer to book Daimul Islam, further refer to chapter on Haj - you will get the correct reply.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Munira_RV wrote:
Peace wrote:Dear Members

Is it Fard?
Is it wajib?
Is it mustahab?

In the library section of this website, refer to book Daimul Islam, further refer to chapter on Haj - you will get the correct reply.
I can't read Hindi. I am asking about animal sacrifice we do other than Hajj on Eid ul Adha.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm

It is not farizat if you are not on haj but a way to have your sins forgiven and "bala" taken away.