21 imam has appointed other imam? confused

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
JavedhJuma

Re: 21 imam has appointed other imam? confused

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 pm

James: Please read this: This is from the Qur'an and was posted on the topic Fatimi Imams from Muslima women:

think the point you should be considering is: what happened to false claimants of the Imamat (they are the enemies of Allah and Prophet(pbuh)). They just disappeared (hiding or seclusion). As Allah says in Surah Al-Kawthar Ayat 108:3:
Inna shani-aka huwal abtar (Surely your enemy is the one who shall be without posterity)

Now their followers are left to come up with creative ways to keep the ruse going.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sat May 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Dear readers,

The writer of the Throne of Gold (and not Golden Throne) was Anne Edwards. Sorry.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:07 pm

james wrote:
JavedhJuma wrote:James,
Careful there.You don't want me talking about the author of mostmerciful.com :lol:

Just an observation:
You cannot compare Hamdani, Poonawala and Zahid Ali with any Tom, Dick and Harry. They are scholars and intellectuals of very high caliber whereas this other guy (mostmerc...) was a big cry baby whose pride and ego got bruised and as a result he simply went berserk with lies. A great example is the Iblis, who could not except Adam being superior to him and his pride/ego got hurt and ... (rest is well known)

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun May 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Ismail K. Poonawala

Bohra scholar who speaks truth to power

He is most famously known for his monumental work on translating and editing Daaim ul Islam. Written by Qadi Noman, the 10th century Ismaili jurist and historian, Daaim is the book of fiqh for Ismailis. For Dawoodi Bohras it is second only to the Quran as a source of Islamic law and guidance.

” When Daaim was published 10 years ago, Bohras were forbidden from reading it, but not everyone obeyed. “Whenever I visit my publisher in Mumbai,” he adds wistfully, “they tell me, ‘Professor, it’s people in white clothes who mostly buy your books’.”

“Asaf Fyzee was a Sulaimani Bohra from the prominent Tayyebali family,” adds Prof. Poonawala, “which participated in India’s freedom movement. Mullaji of course could not touch him. He was a leading expert in Islamic and Ismaili law in India, principal of the Law College in Bombay and later was appointed Vice Chancellor of Jammu and Kashmir University. He was also India’s ambassador to Egypt.

Husayn al-Hamdani became my mentor. He taught in Surat College, then in Ismaili Yusuf College, Bombay. He later migrated to Pakistan and was appointed as Cultural Attache to Pakistani Embassy in Cairo. He was also granted Yemeni citizenship by the Zaydi Imam/ruler of Yemen. In Cairo he was invited by Dr. Taha Husayn, a famous dean of Arabic literature and Minister of Education to teach Fiqh al-lugha (philosophy of a language) and Persian language and literature at the Teacher's Training College attached to the Cairo University. This was a big deal. To appreciate it you have to know that Arabs normally don’t appoint non-Arabs to teach them their own language. This was a great achievement not just for him but for the whole community. But instead of embracing him, our religious establishment ex-communicated and attacked his family.

FULL ARTICLE :-

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/news/1683/107 ... e_comment/

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Brother GM,
Thanks for sharing this article. It is very informative. I had heard of Fayzee. He was held in high esteem by our late Imam, but did not know he was a Sulaimani bohora.

I have a lot of respect for Poonawalla. I met Mr. Hamdani years ago when he came to give a lecture to our religion class. He was very humble, and started of with Ya Ali Madad.

As an after thought to James: Paul Walker is a Professor at a University in USA and does not work for IIS. In his book he writes that he is responsible for his own work and that these are his own views. He is doing a lot of research on Fatimid Imams because this is his interest and his translations are verified by Poonawalla and KQ's two daughters, Tahera and Safiya, who are proficient in Arabic and Tahera is a Professor at the University of Chicago.

So relax, he is not on IIS payroll. And neither is he paid by Aga Khan. As a matter of fact he uses a lot of manuscripts from IIS mostly donated by the Bohoras. He did approach Kothar but they were not very helpful.