ZAKAT MONEY

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
salaar

ZAKAT MONEY

Unread post by salaar » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:30 pm

I dont intend to bore people discussing the same old topic but trying to figure out the collection of zakat money system narrated in our history. If iam wrong correct me that Rasoolallah s.a.w.w instructed people to hand him over their zakat money and then it was disbursed, then umer asked the people to do the same for the ummah and a larger sum was used in battles, after that there is hardly any mention of zakat collection at least not in my knowledge, after this zakat is mentioned during the time of Imam Mustansir a.s when Syedi Fakhruddin shaheed did ashara in the bilaad of waghar and after that he collected the zakat money with the intention of passing it over to the Imam, however that money was looted on his way. zakat revenue was never a subject before the 47th Dai, and its focus increased with the 49th Dai when dawat was indebted, unlike other arkaan like namaz and haj there seems to be no recorded continuity for the collection of zakat money by Duats atleast until lately when money became prime focus of all activity and today as we witness sab gol maal hae bhai sab gol maal hae.
Could any knowledgeable member focus on any mention about the collection of zakat money by duats as recorded in our history.

Tayyeb

Re: ZAKAT MONEY

Unread post by Tayyeb » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:44 am

when ever money is involved in any religion it is doomed, zakat is fard and people should give zakat by themselves to needy and these days many serious organization do this job to spend money on real needy, there is no point to hand over to any one else than really genuine one.

rasulullah no haq hato ke zakat collect kare kem ki aapni shaan che jema koi burai yaa cheating ni koi jagah nathi, aaj kal naa tadpunjyaa chor che and they dont deserve collecting any thing.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:59 am

Submitting zakat to religious leader is a matter of mere convenience and better organization / implementation / allocation of funds collected. A logical way to benefit from economy of scale. such submission of monies must be dealt with strict, detailed and transparent accountability towards people. there is no need to mix this practical act with any religious significance or spirituality other than enjoying the sawaab of pleasure of Allah. providing accounts is as much as a khidmat as usage of zakat money in khair-na-amaal. thus jamaat members should not shy away from maintaining and presenting clean neat accounts. religious leader treat this submission as thier leadership right and discretion without accountability and start cooking up theories to prove such power and discretion as some sort of spiritual requirement.

Tayyeb

Unread post by Tayyeb » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:15 am

I was looking at annual report submitted by SKQ and his team and I was surprised that there was no amount of money received and spent in whole report, I wonder without numbers how can it be even consider as annual report? asking such report from MS is like asking his kidney so I wont even discuss that.

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:13 pm

About 25 years back during Burhanuddin molas period malik ul ashtar used to carry a leather bag in baithak and wherever maula used to go, i enquired a front man who was managing the affairs as to what was there in the bag, he said ke aa ma paisa che bundles hoi che ke je mola ne araz thai che anay koi bhi mola ne sawal karay che tou mola ehma thi enayat karay che agar koi government na logo awae che ehnay bhi apwa ma awae che baaz waqt tou shahzada malik bhaisab haath bhari ne paisa ehma thi aapi de che count kida wagar, that guy was thinking i would be very impressed by the generosity but the first question that popped in my ming was that this hard earned money of the people taken on the name of zakat and other title heads is being thrown onto undeserving like rubbish, was that the right usage of the zakat money and i was only thinking
Easy come easy go.

Tayyeb

Unread post by Tayyeb » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:26 pm

salaar wrote:About 25 years back during Burhanuddin molas period malik ul ashtar used to carry a leather bag in baithak and wherever maula used to go, i enquired a front man who was managing the affairs as to what was there in the bag, he said ke aa ma paisa che bundles hoi che ke je mola ne araz thai che anay koi bhi mola ne sawal karay che tou mola ehma thi enayat karay che agar koi government na logo awae che ehnay bhi apwa ma awae che baaz waqt tou shahzada malik bhaisab haath bhari ne paisa ehma thi aapi de che count kida wagar, that guy was thinking i would be very impressed by the generosity but the first question that popped in my ming was that this hard earned money of the people taken on the name of zakat and other title heads is being thrown onto undeserving like rubbish, was that the right usage of the zakat money and i was only thinking
Easy come easy go.
I tell you one thing, SMB nature was very stingy he wont waste money like that (even in his bayan he use to say that money should be used carefully) any one who lived in close contact with SMB will agree on this, kotharis never used money without counting....ek ek paisa they have saved to build this empire. but these money is just for themselves and not for the people.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:32 am

Tayyeb wrote:I tell you one thing, SMB nature was very stingy he wont waste money like that (even in his bayan he use to say that money should be used carefully) any one who lived in close contact with SMB will agree on this, kotharis never used money without counting....ek ek paisa they have saved to build this empire. but these money is just for themselves and not for the people.
No way bro ! kotharies are not stingy, they spent as if there is no tomorrow. The only difference is they keep thinking and stratgizing how to make abdes pay to fulfill their wacko desires. Every step SMB or any freeloading Kothari takes is paid for multiple times by some idiot abde. The fleet of cars, bunglows, farm houses in many cities and towns. They have a large family to feed. Sitting idle and bored they reproduce a lot, also they don’t have to worry about cost of raising kids, there is a whole community to pay for their basics and excesses.

Money spent in building dargaahs and jamat khanas and masjids are nothing but expansion of their lucrative real estates and socio-religious entertainment centres. They build dargaah resorts and then they promote tourism to that place. These resorts are built with public’s money, maintained with public’s money and profit generated from tourism is pocketed by kothar to further develop other dargah resorts. These dargaah resorts are expanded by buying cheap land from favored government in remote areas, now even if the lands are expensive (in case of SBUT, Mumbai), kothar has amassed huge financial reserves and ready abde bakraas to cover the cost, knowing that latest DAI’s dargah is a hot selling commodity need to capitalize as much as possible.

Their waaz and bayaans have become marketing pitches to promote tourism to these dargah resorts and charity schemes are marketing campaigns to make rich abdes pay for tourism of poor abdes. Just a different way to channel more and more money and footfalls into their thriving hospitality business.

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:20 pm

The ONLY HONEST person i knew was Mukasir e Dawat Syedi Saleh bhaisaheb Saifuddin RA, and probably the last person in badri Mahal. After his demise the palace went under kothar control, so did Mukasir Moula's RA entire family disappeared without a word.
Can you imagine children's of such a honest high position person disappearing into thin air ?

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:01 pm

During baethak you will see people giving different envelopes for different purposes like one for najwa the other for qarz e hasana and some give nazr ul makaam presuming that they would be dealt differently but the way those envelopes are thrown together iam sure they are all going into one mainstream in the bank account.

Tayyeb

Unread post by Tayyeb » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:52 am

allbird wrote:The ONLY HONEST person i knew was Mukasir e Dawat Syedi Saleh bhaisaheb Saifuddin RA, and probably the last person in badri Mahal. After his demise the palace went under kothar control, so did Mukasir Moula's RA entire family disappeared without a word.
Can you imagine children's of such a honest high position person disappearing into thin air ?
where are they now?

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:06 am

Tayyeb wrote:
allbird wrote:The ONLY HONEST person i knew was Mukasir e Dawat Syedi Saleh bhaisaheb Saifuddin RA, and probably the last person in badri Mahal. After his demise the palace went under kothar control, so did Mukasir Moula's RA entire family disappeared without a word.
where are they now?
No idea Tayyebbhai...This issue is discussed in previous threads you can run a quick search. From what i gathered they all are living amongst common mumineen or in hindu societies as common DB's.

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:12 am

In the beginning days of shahrullah the muallameen or people from jamia starts a warm up session for the public, very slowly they prepare the mind of the masses to give away the maximum amount of wajibaat, as the speaker starts i notice the sarcastic smiles on the faces of the people around but then its a well planned and smart brain wash session as i remember somebody coming out of the bhaisaab room with a grin on his face partially confused and as i came across he said ke bhai aa tou apnay Khuda thi karobar karwa nou che jitno ziada thai sakay apjo, and i kept quiet with a slight smile, see this is how minds are channelised into giving away everything that they possess.
there is a new trick which is being played by the jamat every year, first they invite people to come and assess their wajibaat then after a few days they announce that those people whose wajibat is assessed upto a certain amount will again need to go and reassess their figure as some shahzada has come and he will grant the sharaf to re assess the amount, then you should see the faces of those who lie in that category and they look around each other and give gestures to each other so that rest of the people could know that they are the privileged ones, :D
well what a way to loot, i remember in olden days people would calculate their zakat amount precisely and would not pay anything extra but now if you argue them about the calculated amount the ready answer is " Bhai aa tou shukar karo je aapo cho maula lae le che jo hisab karva bethso tou ghano apwo parsay, wajibat pachi khumus najwa sharwa" and you will find it more feasible to settle it instead of dragging the argument, this is the true state of affairs going on these days.

asad

Unread post by asad » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:52 am

Tayyeb wrote:
where are they now?
Br Ghulam Mohammed can help with the query.

Tayyeb

Unread post by Tayyeb » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:52 am

The ONLY HONEST person i knew was Mukasir e Dawat Syedi Saleh bhaisaheb Saifuddin RA
looks like honest people decided to disappear and stay away from circus.