Royal Family Tree

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
Qutbi-Hero

Royal Family Tree

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:57 am

Saw this groovy new section so had a kickass idea!

Most Bohras (of my generation anyway!) only know about Aqa Molla and a small selection of his cohorts, and even that is without much detail.

It would be great if people with an in-depth knowledge of the "Royal Family" and its history, put together a detailed Genealogy - a full "Who's Who" of the entire clan!

Maybe even adding pictures of people so we can recognise who they are and a short synopsis of any major events under their reign. Information regarding the most recent Dai's shouldn't be too difficult to find, but I wonder if it would be possible to go back even further to the ancient past?

It would be a very useful reference for everyone, and an interesting resource to see how our Community ended up in this mess lol. Hopefully some knowledgeable members of the forum will take on this arduous task!

Live Like Ali, Die Like Hussain

Mkenya

Re: Royal Family Tree

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:19 pm

DB-Londoner
I am sure someone has put together a family tree. It would be a very arduous task but
one only needs to work back from the present Dai.

My curiosity is not only the family tree but the details and linkage of the wives, children and
grandchildren of Sayedna Taher Saifuddin, Sayedna Burhanudin and Syeddi Muffadal; Mazuns and
Mukasirs under these three. It would be very interesting to learn about their ages, education and
place of residence, responsiblity of tasks, location of their postings, etc. I fear to mention another
level of extended realtionships by marriage within and outside the Kasre Ali. A mamooth task indeed if
one combines these facts and interconnnects them with the web of control within Kothar and the
Bohra community.

Sayedna Taher Saifudin was a man of vision and farsightedness. He saw a future surrounded by an ever-increasing number of dependants. Dependants who were in the true sense 'dependants". Dependant on the largese of Kothar. Kothar's revenue had many mouths at its teats. He found a way in which he not only increased Kothar's revenue but enslaved effluent families by marriage. I remember distinctly a flurry of marriages in effluent families in East Africa after his visit in 1963.
Boys and girls were married off to some distant Shazadas, Shazadis, well-to-do Abde-Sethias, etc. What the locals considered as a distinct previledge and elevation of their social standing was in essence a ploy to enchain them to Kothar.
Foresight that was as effective as a weapon to control and and stiffle dissidents.

We see today the effectiveness of Kothar in placing the top echelon of Shahzadas as heads in the most lucrative jamaats in the world. Harnessing the power of cyberspace they can sense and snuff out any undercurrent, present a joint strategy and enforce its will.

think

Unread post by think » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:45 pm

it is indeed an ardous task, but some one or may be a group should get together and put up a family tree starting from the 51st. It definitely would open the eyes of many a blind moula moula abdes and put things in perspective.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Interesting a leadership based on competency and selection , where anyone was elligibe has turned into a Royal Family affair. What does the sons, grandsons, nieces nephews, and princes and princesses have to do with the original definition of a Diai.

The more we fantasise with them the more slavery expands.

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks for the replies dudes.

You speak very wisely Brother MKenya, I agree that 51 was a very shrewd and astute Mafia Don lol. He installed a highly organised and efficient "extortion racket" to ensure his dynasty lived on, long after he had gone...

Yes, it ain't gonna be easy to do this but I think it really does need to be done, and would be most useful to everyone whichever side they are on. Like you say, the most interesting aspect would be who is married to who and how the whole clan is inter-connected (aka inbred lol) and what their respective backgrounds are. This info will naturally be difficult to come by, but where there's a will, there's a way. The question is whether there is a will - by the lack of response to this thread, it obviously looks like there isn't lol!

This isn't surprising as actually doing something that might be useful seems to be against everything the Apostate Bohras stand for - but I'm going to go ahead and make a start anyway...

I'll spend some time this holiday to put together what little I know. It would be nice if people who have more information were to share it here. I can then make the necessary additions or amendments... please do try to contribute folks... that is, if you give a damn about the Reform Movement... :roll:

hussaimu

Unread post by hussaimu » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:54 am

you have some problem in you DB...

you are looking for a property in the deapest area of Helll

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:50 pm

DB-Londoner - In your earlier post you had mentioned the following. I was wondering if you have had time to work on it.
It would be interesting to learn of the inter and intra relationships of the individuals and their places in the hierarchy.

I'll spend some time this holiday to put together what little I know. It would be nice if people who have more information were to share it here. I can then make the necessary additions or amendments... please do try to contribute folks... that is, if you give a damn about the Reform Movement... :roll:

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Mkenya wrote:DB-Londoner - In your earlier post you had mentioned the following. I was wondering if you have had time to work on it.
It would be interesting to learn of the inter and intra relationships of the individuals and their places in the hierarchy.
Forgive me bro... nobody seemed interested, and of course nobody bothered to contribute... therefore obviously nobody gives a damn lol!

Nevermind, I'll sit down this Sunday, and put something together... I hardly know anything about the Royals myself, but I'll do some Googling and see if I can dig something up.

Thanks for reminding me dude, and let me know if you find any info!

Sikander

Unread post by Sikander » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:33 pm

it is useless to waste time on heriditary family trees of any one, we all know even son of prophets can be evil and even a simple illitrate man can be chosen by ALLAH to be prophet till the end of times.

more important is to discuss and bring true leadership who can be senstive towards poor/needy/mohtaj and those who need help.

person who can stand for truth and who can live by what he preaches.

person who is simple in living aand morally high in thinking.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:26 pm

D-B Londoner

I wish you well in your endeavour and hope that you will be able to put together, at least a framework, to which people can add. If you would like to provide me with your email address I would love to brief you on an elaborate family tree of family from Tanzania.

Aymelek

Unread post by Aymelek » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:09 am

The 51st Dai Taher Saifuddin Saheb had 24 Children born out of 4 Wives :-

Husaina Aaisaab and her children:
52nd Dai Mohmammed Burhanuddin saheb.
Mukasir Hussain bhaisaheb Husamuddin
Abdeali Bhaisaheb
Asma Bensaab.

Vazira Aaisaab and her children:
Abdul taiyab bhaisaheb Zakiuddin
Ismail bhaisaheb Shabuddin
Hasan Bhaisaheb

Fatema Aaisaab and her children:
Yusuf Bhaisaheb Najmuddin (Mansoos' father-in-law)
Qasim Bhaisaheb Hakimuddin
Aliasger Bhaisaheb Kalimuddin
Mariam Bensaab
Khadija Bensaab
Sherebanu Bensaab
Sakina Bensaab

Amena Aaisaab and her children:
Khuzema Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin
Hatim Bhaisaheb Hamimuddin
Shabbir Bhaisaheb Nuruddin
Abbas Bhaisaheb Fakhruddin
Mohammed ul Baqir Bhaisaheb Jamaluddin
Noman Bhaisaheb
Zehra Bensaab
Shirin Bensaab
Fatema Sugra Bensaab
Zainab Bensaab

Karachi

Unread post by Karachi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:26 am

hey @Qutbi-Londoner

Do you know what is your family tree?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:11 am

babool.

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 am

The family shajaro of Taher Saifuddin was made many years ago by Shk Ibrahim Yamani.
I saw it in someone's home in Karachi. It spans generations.

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:16 am

Wait and See ....... soon Qasr-e-Aali' will turn into 'Qasr-e-Imami' ...........

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:16 pm

One more breed of "Qasre" has emerged from Saifee Mahal................ the grandsons of Muffy are now addressed as "Qasre-Burhani" ............. Ab aur kitna "Qas" nikaalna baaki hai ??

fulan ibn fulan

Unread post by fulan ibn fulan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Qasre Burhani has existed for many years... there are photos of the whole family with the title below as Qasre Burhani. Photos which were taken 5 or 6 years ago