Bohra succession chain should be stopped now

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
phdguy

Bohra succession chain should be stopped now

Unread post by phdguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:20 am

I hope the court rejects both the claimants and nationalizes all bohra properties and give the intellectuals like GM, Insaaf, etc as a member committee to manage the properties. The PDB should take full advantage and file a seperate petition for nationalizing bohra properties and stripping out these two false claimants. It is clear that Burhanuddin did not make any nass which caused the worried mufaddal to stage a succession ceremony as a face saving measure. Burhanuddin did this as he knew well that he was doing all this for money and power all his life and it does not matter what happens after he dies , but while he is alive he wanted to remain in center stage giving false hopes of promotion to both Mufaddal and Khuzaima thereby gaining support from both quarters who worshipped him like gods and promoted him to the masses.

All this confusion can be removed if we understand that Prophet pbuh is the FINAL MESSENGER of ALLAH swt
This is a big statement indeed , final means he is the last divinely appointed figure on earth to receive revelation . No one can ever claim to receive revelations after him , this is an accepted fact by both shia \sunni. It is this reason that Prophet pbuh was not bestowed with an adult son even after marrying 11 wives. There is a big wisdom behind it , By this very fact ALLAH has shown that a successor need not be his own son and PUT A REAL SEAL on the messengers on earth. QURAN is our final testament and all details and sunnah of prophet pbuh is preserved very meticulously .The entire sayings of the prophet pbuh are preserved verbatim as Allah swt himself said in Quran that he has sent down the "Zikr" and he will safeguard the "Zikr", its naive to assume Zikr only to be Quran,rather "Zikr" encompasses all the prophetic sayings . ALLAH has preserved all the sayings of the final prophet pbuh for the sheer reason of he being the final divinely appointed leader to mankind pbuh.
Ahlus Sunnah(NOT barelvi\graveworshipping sunni) is the only group which has all sayings of the prophet preserved with detailed evidences of its degree of authenticity authenticated by what is called a separate field called "Science of hadith"
If successorship was such an important issue then it would have been mentioned in Quran , but we dont even find a passing mention of Haz ALI A.S name in the Quran, Why did Allah swt not take his name in Quran?? Moreover ,Prophet pbuh would have been very explicit about this “important” successorship issue but he wasnt. He never said that ALI\UMAR\ABUBAKR Would be an Imam after me. Infact the prophet pbuh ordered abu bakr r.a in his last days to lead prayers and prophet pbuh prayed behind haz abubakr in his terminal illness. So this whole issue of successorship was decided through democratic means by a shura (council) Hazrat ali was also a council member and he gave bayt to all previous three caliphs and worked under them and patronized them. Infact Haz Ali A.S gave her own daughter Umme-kulsum to Umar RA.
ALLAHUALAM

monginis

Re: Bohra succession chain should be stopped now

Unread post by monginis » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:24 am

remove this thread or move it to islam section.

phdguy

Unread post by phdguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:31 am

i think this is most important time in our bohra history where Allah has given them a real oppurtunity to make the reform needed by legal means, the PDB should take up this oppurtunity and fight for reformation by first getting the power and have their own committe to manage bohra properties. It is fairly easy even the govt would love to get the share of bohra properties , similar case has infact happened in the past , refer Dargah khawaja ajmeri act 1955.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:44 am

Succession has been a method since the time of Adam. If you dont know and u dont agree about succession then please I request you to study the Quran and its history in deep. The lineage of Abraham a.s. will continue till the Qayamat, of Which Mohammed (pbuh) and Ali a.s. are a part of. And as far as the Sons of our Nabi a.s are concerned, Allah did gave a choice between his elder son and Fatema a.s to which Nabi a.s. chose Fatema a.s.. The Lineage was passed on to Ali a.s. Hundreds of books give witness to the event of Ghadeer and Quran as well highlights many events which give a clear message to his authority. Even a lame person if told can understand but some people never leave their satanic egos to be liberal enough to understand. Considering the current events, let the court decide.. But truly it wont be a difference. Even if SMS won the case his followers will follow him and SKQs followers will be with him.. And if SMS loses, still his followers will follow him..

phdguy

Unread post by phdguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:18 am

bro I have studied the Quran and Hadith as well as fatimid theories from primary sources and if you study both and its evolution it is clear that Prophet pbuh himself never approved any succession to anyone. Even the much cited ghadir khum statement was not a statement of succession \nass . Even the first 300 year generation of Muslims including Ali a.s himslef never took that meaning of nass from "Man Kunto.." that statement was made by prophet pbuh to make peace between complainants of Ali a.s and Ali . Ali himself never took this meaning and in fact resisted all attempts to become caliph. Finally he became the fourth caliph only due to the pressure tactics by rebels.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:25 am

The belief is upto you.. As I have no time to argue on this topic coz i find it useless and I know that no matter what happens you will stick to your own beliefs. So just finish the topic here itself. This discussion will again take a whole 360 turn.

phdguy

Unread post by phdguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:33 am

Bro in Islam , our beliefs are not beliefs like other religion we believe in Islam with evidences from Quran and Sunnah. And there are at least 100s of Bohras whom I know including me who have changed to Quran and Sunnah after much study and getting information from primary sources. But I have never seen a non muslim or even a muslim change to bohra except for marriage and that too very rare cases. What I have seen in many cases of marriage that a bohra changes to the religion of his\her spouse.

Keep in Mind that prophet pbuh has said us that only one group who upholds his Quran and Sunnah will goto Jannah, all others amal would be of no use.

Do you think , you will say "I believe" and you wont be tested?

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:45 am

Even I am from those who have examined alot and have found the ways of our community at the worse. Power and Money have become the new religion nothing else. But as far as the Wilayat is concerned, I dont even have a single doubt about Ghadeer or even a bit of his Succession. I am not saying this on mere beliefs but studying each and every aspect of Quran, Sunnah, Hadiths (sunnis as well) and our Dawat Kitabs. After all recognition from ones heart is the foundation of belief. And I am blessed by that.. I have so many articles in that favour that I dont even doubt any matter about Ali a.s. when it comes to me. Quran, Hadiths, Sunnah, Ali a.s was on top from all of the people. He was addressed as Amir Ul Mumeneen, He himself stand on the pulpit and said,'Saloni"... Who dares to even say that about Quran these days. He is the one who is know as Baab ul Ilm, Mazhar Ul Ajaib, Haidar E Karrar, Wasi un Nabi, his name itself is from the names of Allah, as Allah is Ali (the most high).. so is his name given to Ali.. Even if Nabi a.s. didnt appoint Ali a.s on ghadeer, there was not a single man worthy of successorship other than him.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:49 am

Yes ghadeer was just an addition in shaan of ALI, even without GHADEER, ALI remains best person to lead ummah after prophet Muhammed(s).

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:50 am

If you think Bohras wont go to heaven then dont simply judge that they are going to hell as well. We are not the ones to pass any judgement of Allah swt. His mercy prevails above his wrath. Deeds of the people and love for one another are the main keys of Jannah.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:55 am

monginis wrote:Yes ghadeer was just an addition in shaan of ALI, even without GHADEER, ALI remains best person to lead ummah after prophet Muhammed(s).
Infact Ghadeer was the last event. The first and foremost event was when Nabi a.s invited his near ones on the meal and gave the message of revelation. None but Ali a.s. 3 times said Labayk and agreed on supporting Nabi a.s. to which he replied that "Sit down Ali, You are my Brother and Successor" (Sahih Al Bukhari Chp. 1). The Second, when Rasulallah a.s went for Hijrat, not only did Ali slept on Nabi a.s bed that night, but He remained in Mecca to pay the debts of Rasulallah a.s. Ali was the only trustworthy person who was assigned this duty from among all the sahabas. A clear message. And there are many more of which I can go on and on.

phdguy

Unread post by phdguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 am

Brother You have quoted a false statement \partial hadith from bukhari which clearly shows that you rely on false isna ashari propoganda
Bukhari has this hadith:
وقال لزيد: أنت أخونا ومولانا
Prophet: said to zaid, “You are our brother and our Mawla.” [sahi bukhari, 3:863]

quoting a previous thread:
Hazrat Ali himself in his nahjul balagha never made any argument that he was made successor of the prophet. "Man kunto mawla.." is a sahih hadith in Bukhari we all accept it .
But hazrat ali himself never used it as an argument for his succession. If you ask an ARAB ABOUT THE word "mawla" then it does not mean a successor. It was very commonly used word for many people.The prophet pbuh never said "a person xyz " after me will be my successor.

Bukhari Also has this hadith:
وقال لزيد: أنت أخونا ومولانا
Prophet: said to zaid, “You are our brother and our Mawla.” [sahi bukhari, 3:863]

Does that mean zaid is the succesor?

It is narrated in Ibn Saad’s “Al-Tabaqat Al-Kubra”:
A Rafidhi (a person who rejects the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and Umar) said to him (Al Hasan ibn Hasan), “Did not the Messenger of Allah say to Ali: ‘If i am Mawla of someone, Ali is his Mawla?’”

He (Al Hasan) replied, “By Allah, if he meant by that Amirate and rulership, he would have been more explicit to you in expressing that, just as he was explicit to you about the Salah, Zakat and Hajj to the House. He would have said to you, ‘Oh people! This is your leader after me.’ The Messenger of Allah gave the best good counsel to the people (i.e. clear in meaning).”

(Source: Al-Tabaqat Al-Kubra, Volume 5)

The crux of the issue :The meaning of mawla has many meanings. mawla comes from the root wala. It can have many meanings and it depends on how it is used. It could mean master or it could mean friend or someone associated with, or even a servant or a slave. It has many other meanings too and it all can be known from the context. the crux is that if Ali a.s himself had known this meaning as caliph then how dare Abu bakr \ umar etc declare another caliph , when the shere khuda is present? Haz Ali a.s gave bayt to them and hence patronized them, loved them to the extent Haz Ali gave his own daughter to Umar and also named their sons after the caliphs, in exact chronological order!
Haz Abu Bakr Also is not the divinely appointed caliph and caliphate is like amirate . The prophet pbuh has told us to chose an amir whenever we are in groups. Ali a.s was not chosen by divine appointment , had he been chosen we would find clear mentions of it in Quran as all fundamentals are mentioned in Quran. The Crux of the matter is that prophet pbuh is the final divinely appointed figure. No one can take his place.He is the seal of Prophethood and there is no extension offices of prophethood.

Copying Important points:
It is impossible to discuss the Hadith of Ghadir Khumm without first understanding the specific context in which the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) said what he said. This is a general rule of thumb pertaining to the Islamic canon as a whole: it is important to know the background in which a Quranic verse was revealed or a certain Hadith was said.

For example, the Quranic verse “slay them wherever you find them” is often used by Orientalists to wrongfully make it appear as if Islam advocates the slaying of people wherever you find them all the time. Of course, if we look at when this verse was revealed, we find that it was specifically revealed during a battle between the Muslims and the Quraish Mushriks; this makes us realize that it is not a general ruling to slay people but rather it was a verse revealed in a specific situation.

Likewise, the Hadith of Ghadir Khumm can only be understood in the context in which it was said: A group of soldiers were severely criticizing Ali ibn Abi Talib (رضّى الله عنه) over a certain matter, and this news reached the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم), who then said what he said in the Hadith of Ghadir Khumm. Like the Orientalists, the Shia propagandists attempt to remove this background context in which the Hadith was said in order to paint a totally different (and misleading) picture.

The Prophet’s intention behind saying what he said at Ghadir Khumm was not at all to nominate Ali (رضّى الله عنه) as Caliph but rather it was only to defend Ali (رضّى الله عنه) against the slander being said against him. It is only by removing the background context that it is possible to render a Shia understanding of the text; it is for this reason that we should always remind our Shia brothers of the background context in which the Hadith of Ghadir Khumm was said.

The Hadith of Ghadir Khumm has absolutely nothing to do with Imamah or Caliphate, and if it did, then nothing prevented the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) from clearly stating that instead of using the word “Mawla” which is known by everyone to mean “beloved friend.” Furthermore, and this point cannot be stressed enough, Ghadir Khumm is located 250 km away from Mecca: if the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) had intended on nominating Ali (رضّى الله عنه) then he would have done that at the larger gathering atop Mount Arafat during his Farewell Sermon in front of all the Muslims from every city.

The entire Shia paradigm is based on the flimsy and easily refutable idea that Ghadir Khumm was a central location in which all the Muslims would gather together in before parting ways and going to their respective homes. Indeed, only those Muslims heading towards Medinah would pass through Ghadir Khumm, not the Muslims living in Mecca, Taif, Yemen, etc. A couple hundred years ago, the Shia masses could easily have been misled because many of them would not have had the availability of a map to check where Ghadir Khumm is and they would merely have accepted the commonly held myth that it was a meeting place for Muslims before they parted ways. But today, in the age of information and technology, accurate maps are at our finger-tips and no reasonable person should be fooled by the Shia myths.

We have shown that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) did not (and could not have) nominated Ali (رضّى الله عنه) at Ghadir Khumm as the Shia claim. This is the very foundation block of Shi’ism, without which their faith has no basis whatsoever: if the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) did not nominate Ali (رضّى الله عنه) to be Caliph, then the Shia can no longer claim that Abu Bakr (رضّى الله عنه) or the Sunnis usurped the divinely determined designation of Ali (رضّى الله عنه). And with that, the whole of Shi’ism collapses in on itself, all because of an unaccountable 250 km separating Ghadir Khumm from Mecca and separating Shi’ism from the truth.
Last edited by phdguy on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZEN

Unread post by ZEN » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:35 am

can anyone give information from how many generations is the rutba of DAI , mazoom and mukasir is in this same family,

phdguy

Unread post by phdguy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:38 am

Regarding the best person to lead the Ummah after prophet pbuh then Prophet did gave some hints which clearly point towards the siddiqe Akbar:

Abdullah Ibn Umar Radhiallohu ‘anhu narrates that we used to compare the people as to who was better during the lifetime of Allah’s Messenger Sallallohu alaihi wasallam. We used to regard Abu Bakr as the best, then Umar, and then Uthman.
(Bukhari)
Abdullah Ibn Abbas Radhiallohu ‘anhu narrates that: The Prophet Sallallohu alaihi wasallam said, “If I were to take a Khalil and friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr, but he is my brother and my companion in Islam.”
(Bukhari)

Jubair bin Mutim Radhiallohu ‘anhu narrates that a woman came to the Prophet Sallallohu alaihi wasallam who ordered her to return to him again. She said, “What if I came and did not find you?” as if she wanted to say, “If I found you had passed away” The Prophet said, “If you should not find me, go to Abu Bakr.”
(Bukhari)

Amr bin Al Aas Radhiallohu ‘anhu narrates that: The Prophet Sallallohu alaihi wasallam deputed me to lead the Army of Dhat-as-Salasil. I came to him and said, “Who is the most beloved person to you?” He said, “Aisha.” I asked, “Among the men?” He said, “Her father.” I said, “Who then?” He said, “Then ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab.” He then named other men.
(Bukhari)

Abdullah bin Umar Radhiallohu ‘anhu narrates: That Allah’s Messenger Sallallohu alaihi wasallam said, “Allah will not look on the Day of Judgment at him who drags his robe behind him out of pride.” Abu Bakr said “One side of my robe slacks down unless I get very cautious about it.” Allah’s Apostle said, “But you do not do that with a pride.”
(Bukhari)
Abu Said Khudhri Radhiallohu ‘anhu Narrates that: The Prophet Sallallohu alaihi wasallam said, “Do not abuse my companions for if any one of you spent gold equal to Mount Uhud in the path of Allah it would not be equal to a Mud or even a half Mud spent by one of them.”
(Bukhari)
Anas bin Malik Radhiallohu ‘anhu narrates that: The Prophet Sallallohu alaihi wasallam once climbed the mountain of Uhud with Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman. The mountain shook with them. The Prophet Sallallohu alaihi wasallam said to the mountain, “Be firm, O Uhud! For on you there are no more than a Prophet, a Siddeeq and two martyrs.
(Bukhari)
Abdullah Ibn’ Abbas Radhiallohu ‘anhu narrates that while I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulder and said, “(O ‘Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah’s Messenger Sallallohu alaihi wasallam saying, “I, Abu Bakr and Umar were (somewhere). I Abu Bakr and Umar did (something). I Abu Bakr and Umar set out.’ So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them.” I turned back to see that the speaker was Ali bin Abi Talib.
(Bukhari)

shehzaada

Unread post by shehzaada » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:02 am

@zen i guess since 200 years atleast

freebhora

Unread post by freebhora » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:56 am

Yes very strong steps and PR machinery should be mobilized to put an end to this oppressive priesthood. There are various NGOs which can help. Tehelka NGO seems to be a good choice. The bohra dai's hands are covered with blood of adamjee peerbhai, and many other reformists. Hence this is the right time to legally put these thiefs behind bars and confiscate all their ill acquired wealth for welfare of humanity at large.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:45 am

yes. do it , do it ,do it. get these corrupt selfish zadas and the rest off their high horses.

freebhora

Unread post by freebhora » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:21 am

Its really bad that veterans like Insaaf have become old and the younger generation is not bothered to take the revenge of their reformist forefathers.

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:59 am

freebhora wrote:Its really bad that veterans like Insaaf have become old and the younger generation is not bothered to take the revenge of their reformist forefathers.
Insaaf bhai has played his role, and this world will never remain empty without heros, if there wont be insaaf some one else will stood up to make insaaaf.

btw abbas bhai petiwala, why dont you stood up against your alawi dai and do insaaf and make your community free from his atyachaar? leave dawoodi bohra matters to dawoodi bohras, and you take care of your own house.

Khadhim Al Mahdi

Unread post by Khadhim Al Mahdi » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:15 am

Assalamu alaikum

Phdguy, you are more than welcome to come and discuss/debate on our Facebook page called 'RevisitingTheSalaf' in regards to ghadeer/imamate. Your claims about 'mawla' are nothing but a false propaganda & may Allah sincerely guide you.

Why don't we have a look at the meaning of the word 'mawla' from the prophet (saww) himself??

Ref : ImāmAhmad mad b. Abī Bakr b. Ismā’īl al-Bukhaīrī, Itiḥāf al-Khiyarah al-Maharah bi Zawāid al-Masānīd al-‘Ashra (Riyadh: Dār al-Waṭan; 1st edition, 1420 H), vol. 7, p. 210, # 6683al-Bukhaīrī records: عن علي بن أبي طالب ، رضي الله عنه : أن النبي صَلَّى الله عَلَيه وسَلَّم حضر الشجرة بخم ثم خرج آخذًا بيد علي فقال : ألستم تشهدون أن الله ربكم ؟ قالوا : بلى , قال : ألستم تشهدون أن الله ورسوله أولى بكم من أنفسكم وأن الله ورسوله مولاكم ؟ قالوا : بلى , قال : فمن كان الله ورسوله مولاه فإن هذا مولاه وقد تركت فيكم ما إن أخذتم به لن تضلوا كتاب الله سببه بيده وسببه بأيديكم وأهل بيتي. 

Narrated ‘Alī b. Abī Tālib, may Allāh be pleased with him: The Prophet, peace be upon him, came to a tree at (Ghadīr) Khumm. Then he appeared, holding the hand of ‘Alī, and saying: “Do you not testify that Allāh is your Lord?” They said, “We do.” He said, “Do you not testify that Allāh and His Messenger have more authority over you than yourselves and that Allāh and His Messenger are your Mawlā?” They said, “Yes, we do”. He said, “As such, whosoever Allāh and His Messenger are his Mawlā, verily this one too (i.e. ‘Alī) is his mawlā. I have left among you that which if you adhere to it you will never go astray: the Book of Allāh – one end of which is in His Hand and the other in your hands – and my Ahl al-Bayt.”

Al-Būkhaīrī says: رواه إسحاق بسند صحيح 

think

Unread post by think » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:52 am

let us start by stopping all the illegal practices of bohra priests in dubai bohra masjid on baghdad street. there is a strong about 50,000 bohris in dubai with about 4 markaz. most bohris do not like the high handedness of the kothar. this would be a start.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:45 pm

ZEN wrote:can anyone give information from how many generations is the rutba of DAI , mazoom and mukasir is in this same family,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nuddin.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Famil ... nuddin.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Burhanuddin

From Wikipedia

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:22 pm

I pray somebody shows up and destroy all these people.. I really wonder from where these dai have come ? Aren't they normal human like us ? Do we ned a leader to guide us ? Can't ppl see we are doing sajdad to a man who is fighting a court case for his own identity ?

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:26 pm

think wrote:let us start by stopping all the illegal practices of bohra priests in dubai bohra masjid on baghdad street. there is a strong about 50,000 bohris in dubai with about 4 markaz. most bohris do not like the high handedness of the kothar. this would be a start.
Please do. But thede sheikhs are also sold. I wonder how they allow all this in dubai.nicely ppl do qadam bosi . Police comes , see and go.no action.

think

Unread post by think » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:00 am

pass the information to someone higher up in the ministry. i am certain it will be stopped.

New

Unread post by New » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Just stop bowing down to them and stop giving money. They will self distruct. It is that simple.

think

Unread post by think » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:38 pm

bohris do not have the guts to do it. Lets talk about some other ways and means. somebody has to be more powerful and that can hurt the kothar where it hurts.

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:26 am

think wrote:bohris do not have the guts to do it. Lets talk about some other ways and means. somebody has to be more powerful and that can hurt the kothar where it hurts.
I believe only Allah Subhanu Wa Ta'la can do that now. Bohras will never do it. Man is a social animal and this is where they hit us hard. What will people say ? Where will you go if you leave society ? Where will you take your daughter ? .
We can talk about writing a letter to the ministy in Dubai. but they come here to the masjid all the time, they see all that happens but no action.

think

Unread post by think » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:50 am

right has to prevail over falsehood. Knock on the doors of the dubai authorities. someone will listen. convice them that this human worshipping is wrong. Muffy mulla comes all the time to collect his bhatta, just like the bhattakhors of karachi.

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

think wrote:right has to prevail over falsehood. Knock on the doors of the dubai authorities. someone will listen. convice them that this human worshipping is wrong. Muffy mulla comes all the time to collect his bhatta, just like the bhattakhors of karachi.
These sheikhs also out their pictures everywhere.