bayans that we attend

If you have questions or want to share knowledge about Dawoodi Bohra religions and rituals please post them here. Any discussion outside the framework of Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and tradition is not allowed. This forum is primarily for sharing of information and knowledge.
MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

bayans that we attend

#1

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:17 am

hi,
I wish to take this opportunity to discuss a few bayans that we have been hearing over a few years but would have some doubts about the same. so I suggest we take these queries on this forum and look for members who can guide us what we lack in understanding.

looking for support from the members.

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#2

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:26 am

let me start with this

there is a bayan that we have been hearing for over many years.
" Maulana Ali and ahle bait were fasting and during the iftaar time a sael comes on the door and ask for food who has been hungry for longer time than them so they give away the food that they have an they remain hungry. next day the same thing happens and there is a beggar on the door and the third day there is an orphan on the door and as day one all food is given away and the ahle bait remain hungry"

now what I fail to undertsand is if there is food for four people on each day why is the entire food given away. food could have been divided in five parts and given to the needy as however hungry the receiver would eat what is required by one person only and the balance food would be wasted.

if some one explain this I would be obliged.

maddy
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:12 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#3

Unread post by maddy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:22 am

One que is mine also :
zikar ma humesa suniye che k ek var Imam husain nana nabi pase aaya to dekhu k aap fikar ma che reason pchu to aem farmayu k jibrail aaya tha ane kidhu k den che to imam husain farmave che k me ada karis , sab kuch qurban karis in sort imam husain khud kahe che k me sab sahan kari ne sab qurban kari dais
biji riwayat che k jivare nabi saheb na wafat no waqt thayo to aapye hunut na 4 piece aapa to imam husain kahe che k maro hisso kaha che ?? to nabi saheb aapne farmave che k aap bhuka pyasa shahid thaso ane qafan ya dafan nai mile...
que ye che k agar imam husain ye pehla c khud kidhu k me ada karis to wafat na waqt aap vo bhuli gaya ??

Sufi monk
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#4

Unread post by Sufi monk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:36 am

MUSTAPH wrote:let me start with this

there is a bayan that we have been hearing for over many years.
" Maulana Ali and ahle bait were fasting and during the iftaar time a sael comes on the door and ask for food who has been hungry for longer time than them so they give away the food that they have an they remain hungry. next day the same thing happens and there is a beggar on the door and the third day there is an orphan on the door and as day one all food is given away and the ahle bait remain hungry"

now what I fail to undertsand is if there is food for four people on each day why is the entire food given away. food could have been divided in five parts and given to the needy as however hungry the receiver would eat what is required by one person only and the balance food would be wasted.

if some one explain this I would be obliged.
food was given for his whole family.

Sufi monk
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#5

Unread post by Sufi monk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:38 am

maddy wrote:One que is mine also :
zikar ma humesa suniye che k ek var Imam husain nana nabi pase aaya to dekhu k aap fikar ma che reason pchu to aem farmayu k jibrail aaya tha ane kidhu k den che to imam husain farmave che k me ada karis , sab kuch qurban karis in sort imam husain khud kahe che k me sab sahan kari ne sab qurban kari dais
biji riwayat che k jivare nabi saheb na wafat no waqt thayo to aapye hunut na 4 piece aapa to imam husain kahe che k maro hisso kaha che ?? to nabi saheb aapne farmave che k aap bhuka pyasa shahid thaso ane qafan ya dafan nai mile...
que ye che k agar imam husain ye pehla c khud kidhu k me ada karis to wafat na waqt aap vo bhuli gaya ??
we all know one day we will die, but yet we do lot many sins and gunah on each and every day, what I mean is Imam Hussain(s) may knew what will be ultimate end but yes things goes as ALLAH wish.

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#6

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:06 am

SUFI MONK
yaar please stay out of talks as I need logical replies and do not believe in anything sentimental and you are far away from logics. next time I will make sure to start new post mentioning except SUFI MONK.

your answers are baseless as
my query :
there was a yateem come on the last day did he have his family. and if it was for the entire family than Ali saheb should advise the sael and beggar to work and earn his livelihood instead of giving free food like SMS giving muwaid thali. as who would give food to them the next day.

maddy's query
If Imam Hussain knew about everything but things goes as Allah wish means Imam Hussain was not sure if the den is to be done ada or no.

so please SUFI MONK keep out of my post as I did not bother to answer your last post.

maddy
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:12 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#7

Unread post by maddy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:37 am

One more que :
Karbala battle thai ehno main maqsad ye hato k Imam husain ne qatal karva ane sath ma Imamat no silsilo khatam kari nakhvu.
Have jivare Imam Husain shahid thai chuka ane Imam ali Zainul abedin baki hata aap ghana j bimar hata to Jivare dushman Imam husain ne qatal kari sake to fir bimar Imam Ali ne kem nai ?
vo chahta to Imam Ali ne b vo j waqt qatal kari sakta hata ne to su sabab c aapne qaid kara ane dar dar firaya ??
Dushman to aem j chahta tha ne k Imamat no sil silo vaha j khatam thai jai to fir kem vo waqt katal na kidha ??

Plz need some logical answer koi have aem na kahe k vo to khuda ni marzi hati te c

Sufi monk
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#8

Unread post by Sufi monk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 am

I rest my case with this two ayats of Al Quraan

Surah Al bakara


ذَٰلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لَا رَيْبَ ۛ فِيهِ ۛ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ
Sahih International
This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -

الَّذِينَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْغَيْبِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ يُنفِقُونَ
Sahih International
Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#9

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:01 am

there are about 280 views to this forum but there are no explanations or more questions coming up.

anyway one more query I had :

the day of ashura was 10/october/681 in karbala which is Iraq.
during october its closer to winter and so the fajr is approx around 6am and asr should be latest by 4pm. even if we consider that time its about 10hours = 600minutes.
72 shahadats on that day and as we hear in bayans there was one person at a time coming for shahadat. the logics say its about 8.3minutes/person to fight a battle and take shahadat. but than there is also other bayans of Abdullah, Abbas Alamdar , Ali Akbar, Ali Asger and Imam Hussain. so is it logical to fit in that time frame.

andyeah one more thing october is not suppose to be " tapti zameen " in karbala.

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#10

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 am

request all viewers to participate by answering or questioning

maddy
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:12 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#11

Unread post by maddy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 am

@MUSTAPH
Bhai aap je kaho cho 72 sahadat to vo sab only Aashura na din j shahid nathi thaya , Ehma c kitnak je pehle khufa padhra ane Imam Husain vaste mishaq lidho vo sab bhi shamil che....

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#12

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:27 am

ok I never knew that.
But that is muslim bin akil who had taken shahadat before as per bayans and there is one more name that I assume is there that I cannot recall there is no mention or maybe I have not heard of any others.

SBM
Posts: 6431
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#13

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 am

Mustapha
I suppose that Sabak learned people like ADAM and PROGTICIDE or TRUE BOHRA should answer your questions.
I am sure their answer is going to be no Answer or it will be TAWIL nu bayan and you can not understand it since you are asking too many logical questions

Sufi monk
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#14

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:34 pm

dont believe every thing which is preached in bohraa majlis, it is common sense that all shohda went together to fight with yazeedis, but just to make it more dramatic, bohra says each member came separately to seek permission for fight from Imam hussain(s).

they just do this to show importance of "RAZA' so finally they can make their ROTI on tawa of Imam Hussain(s) shadat.

best way to learn about Imam hussain(s) shadat is to compare it with shia ithna ashari version.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: bayans that we attend

#15

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Hazrat Husayn was not martyred in the month of Muharram ! SCIENTIFIC PROOF GIVEN-

This is a short study concerning the time of the year during which Hazrat Husayn (ra) was martyred by the army of Ubaidallah ibn Ziyad. The narrations that will be employed in this study are generally Shi’ite in nature, and though many of them will be quoted from texts which are by Sunni scholars, the narrations employed are often those with Shi’as in their chains of narration.

The two dates we have received from the histories are: -

1)10th of Moharram, of 61 Hijra [popular date]
2)-Safar, of 61 Hijra

Both of the dates are actually quite early in origin, and since the time of Tabari and Waqidi, both dates have been present.

Though Tabari himself does not record here the date “26th of Safar” (as he only recorded the month of Safar), this is still the date we will use as it was arrived upon by the research which will be brought up even though more leeway is offered us if we simply say “Safar” and not “26th of Safar”

Both narrations figured early on amongst Islamic historians but the one stating that the correct date was actually on Ashura and not in Safar became more commonly accepted amongst the traditionalists.

According to several narrations, the date of this terrible avoidable incident was 10th Moharram – but there is another detail that the traditionalists add. They say that it occurred on 10th Moharram, 61 AH on a Friday! The fact is though that 10th Moharram actually occurred on a Tuesday (or Wednesday).

Professor I.K.A Howard has actually apparently carried out the calculations as well and found that the actual date that 10th of Muharram falls on is Wednesday (thus contradicting the narration of it being on Friday or Saturday). The narration of Safar on the other hand actually complies with the other narration (of the day being Friday) unlike the narrations which say this event occurred in Moharram. Not only that, but that claim of this event taking place in Safar on a Friday also complies with and perfectly fits the previous calculations – allowing for a reasonable solar eclipse!

In modern times, a drive from Massachusetts to Oregon will not take over three days if the driver manages to keep himself amused, alive and well-cafenitated. In modern times, a person can even go from one place to another (all over the globe) within a day depending on how much money he has available to him. Such was not the case for Husayn (ra) though. Let us consider the situation.

How fast does a person walk on average? In the book Dynatomy: Dynamic Human Anatomy by William C. Whiting and Stuart Rugg, that speed is described as follows:

“The average adult walks at a speed of about 3 mph (1.34 [K]m/s), with women self selecting a slightly slower speed than men (Neumann, 2002)” (page 156 of the 2006 print as published by Human Kinetics)

This actually surprisingly relvent because we know that the party travelled to Kerbala on foot with a few steeds. It is said that the party included men, women, and children of various builds and abilities – and they marched through considerably arid land. In consideration of the women and children who were traveling as part of the party and also the fact that the party travels at the speed of the slowest member if nobody is abandoned, we will give the party an average speed of 2.5 mph. Accounting for the sleep of the weakest members of the party, the children, as well as other necessities such as the use of toilet, eating and drinking, as well as certain other difficulties that arise from travel – this doesn’t give them that much time to travel. In fact, my estimate would be that they would be traveling (at most) an average of ten hours a day and (a lower) average of eight hours a day. The lenient time (10 hr/day) is actually not even reflective of the difficulties such a journey would pose to travellers 1300 years ago – nor the several encounters related by the traditionists that took place along the way and before the actual fighting (such as the discussions with Hurr b. Yazeed days before the main army of the Kufans arrived).

Now the distance from Mecca (from whence he traveled) to Kerbala is over 1400 miles. When we calculate this, we arrive at the following results:

- Traveling at 2.5 mph, for 10 hours a day, over 1400 miles – they must have taken a total of 56 days. - Traveling at 2.5 mph, for 8 hours a day, over 1400 miles – they must have taken a total of 70 days.

Both amounts should be given a leniency amount of (extra days) amounting to approximately 4 or so days to account for other problems, such as the path that Husayn’s party actually took (to get to Kufa) which was not the usual one and that 1400 is by no means the exact distance between the two cities.

There are several narrations as to when Husayn actually left Mecca and began to head towards Kerbala. All of the authorities are agreed that his departure took place sometime in the month of Dhul Hijja. The following material is related from the Twelver text, Story of the Holy Kab́a and Its People: Life and Times of Fourteen Masoomeen Alaihimussalam by S.M.R. Shabbar : It was in the month of Zilhijja 60 Hijri when he noticed that there were Yazid’s soldiers in Makka in the garb of Ahram to kill the Imam inside the Masjidul Haram. Imam changed the rituals of Hajj into Umra and decided to leave Makka. The date was 8th of Zilhijja 60 Hijri…The journey which began from Makka on the 8th of Zilhijja 60 Hijri ended in Kerbala on 2nd of Muharram 61 Hijiri and took about 22 days in all. Imam stopped at 14 places on his way to Kerbala. He met various people and delivered various sermons. What the Imam talked about to these people he met and said in his sermons at various places reflects the true motives he had in his mind…Imam wrote another letter to his childhood friend Habib Ibn Mazahir al -Asadi in Kufa inviting to join him in his journey of destiny. Habib was an old companion of the Prophet, who was much older then the Imam. Some historians mention Habib’s age at 82…The 5th stage of Imam’s journey was a small town called Zabala…By this 5th stage only about 50 people were left with the Imam and many of them were women and children….

From this we can see some additional features that aren’t even necessarily reflected in the average times of which I made mention. Namely, that amongst Husayn’s rag-tag army there would be men as old as eighty-two if not older, and that at times, his army was made up of more women and children than men. And yet the above Twelver Historian still maintains the stance of the majority of the narrations, that this event took place on the 10th of Muharram. According to him, the time spent traveling was a mere twenty-two days. That would mean that either these women and children and old men were marching at a rate of 20 hours a day, or that they were moving at double the average speed (at a continuous rate) ! Neither of these are explicable to the rational mind upon consideration. A far more plausible date, and one in accord with our earlier estimations would be one sometime late in the month of Safar.

Final Conclusion

If there are critics of that which has now been established by this research, that Husayn (ra) was martyred in Muharram, than let them bring their proofs and refute ours by their reason and not by their emotions – and they will find that our ears are the most acute to reason. But it is a sad truth that people will deny us simply on account of their pre-established notions which they inherit from their parents and the narrations that have remained unquestioned because nobody saw in them a gem to be researched: that Husayn (ra) had to have died on Muharram 10th – and that’s an injustice, not to me nor to them – but to Hazrat Husayn (ra) who’s memory is being abused for political purposes, for the right to dogmatically stick to a point of view on a historical event because it’s been regurgitated more times than any real critical analysis has.

As for those who follow months and days, Pay no heed to what they say. For us, our beloved is Husayn (ra) Muharram or Safar – we feel the pain.

Read Full Article :-

https://www.facebook.com/notes/raisuddi ... 9461625117

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#16

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:40 am

ghulam muhammed
thanks for the wonderful explanation. this is what I call logical answers. but than if its safar it would have been in later months than october 681. This would make the days still shorter as winter would set in and so the time frame of 8.3min/person would have reduced. So is it true that all went together or was it people leaving one after the other as mentioned in our bayans.
and by this time again it would not be " karbala ni tapti zameen"

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#17

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:40 am

SUFI MONK
dear please keep out of it

Sufi monk
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#18

Unread post by Sufi monk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:45 am

MUSTAPH wrote:SUFI MONK
dear please keep out of it
kyaa huaa, tu yaha sikhne aaya hain naa? :wink:

reply from GM is from anti shia website, but any ways if that makes logic believe in it and be happy.

maddy
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:12 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#19

Unread post by maddy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:57 am

3. Que :

Aksar vayez ma Nabi Saheb ni Zikar ma suniye che k aap wafat na waqt Maa Fatema(a.s) ne farmavi gaya tha k aap sabar karjo aap mane 70 rato ma aavi ne milso..
Now can anyone can explain me how it is ??
lets see calculation of it....
Nabi saheb Wafat on 12th Rabiul awwal... and Maa Fatema Wafat on 10th Jamadil Awwal...
Now 12th Rabiul awwal to 30th Rabiul awwal = 18 days
1st to 29 Rabiul Aakhir = 29 days
1 to 10th Jamadil awwal = 10 days
Grand total is 57 days

Now if we count this from Shahadat of Imam Hasan(a.s) to Wafat of Maa Fatama(a.s)
28th Safar to 10th Jamadil Awwal = 70 days
28th to 29th Safar = 1 days
1 to 30 Rabiul awwal = 30 days
1 to 29 Rabiul Aakhar = 29 days
1 to 10th Jumadil Awwal = 10 days
Grand Total 70 days

Also my earlier questions are pending anyone please explain me...........

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: bayans that we attend

#20

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Sufi monk wrote:reply from GM is from anti shia website, but any ways if that makes logic believe in it and be happy
The article is based on logical reasoning and it has nothing to do with it being anti or pro shia, if you have noticed then the writer has made a wonderful final remark :- "As for those who follow months and days, Pay no heed to what they say. For us, our beloved is Husayn (ra) Muharram or Safar – we feel the pain." Now how do you find this comment to be anti-shia ?

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#21

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:12 pm

SUFI MONK
a question you can try but please do not leave the conversation in half. Is it mentioned in the Quran " only Allah knows what is in the womb of the mother "

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#22

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:23 pm

Maddy
Suggestion to your last question n note this is not very logical to me too but just trying it out.

In hindu religion they follow 13va after any funeral which is a believed that the soul reaches heavens on the 13th day. There was a strong hold of indus civilization on arab land especially before Islam. So may be the believe is that after 57+13 days the soul of maa fatema meets the soul of Rasool.

chakker
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#23

Unread post by chakker » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:18 am

Mustaph - as you say "sitter rato maa milso" could even mean within 70 nights. No necessarily in or on the 70th night.

chakker
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#24

Unread post by chakker » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:19 am

Sorry Maddy, not Mustaph..

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#25

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:54 pm

I also agree with chakker. It could be this too.

Hey good atleast some queries are being cleared.

yuzarsif
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:40 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#26

Unread post by yuzarsif » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:54 am

maddy wrote:One more que :
Karbala battle thai ehno main maqsad ye hato k Imam husain ne qatal karva ane sath ma Imamat no silsilo khatam kari nakhvu.
Have jivare Imam Husain shahid thai chuka ane Imam ali Zainul abedin baki hata aap ghana j bimar hata to Jivare dushman Imam husain ne qatal kari sake to fir bimar Imam Ali ne kem nai ?
vo chahta to Imam Ali ne b vo j waqt qatal kari sakta hata ne to su sabab c aapne qaid kara ane dar dar firaya ??
Dushman to aem j chahta tha ne k Imamat no sil silo vaha j khatam thai jai to fir kem vo waqt katal na kidha ??

Plz need some logical answer koi have aem na kahe k vo to khuda ni marzi hati te c
watch "The Caravan of Pride "

silvertongue
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#27

Unread post by silvertongue » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:47 am

That day is not far away when all of you guys will be ASKING PROOFS FOR THE EXISTANCE OF ALLAH.. You guys have totally lost faith with negativity in your brains every second. Everything does not need logic. Some things are best not spoken and best not argued. If you ask a question WHAT WAS BEFORE ALLAH? then obviously your question itself is wrong here. Only an atheist asks these kinds of questions. Its upto you to decide which path you want to take. Show off your knowledge by questioning the beliefs which has its root more than a 1000 years. Just look at your own ages and think about how much have you learned in your life that you start judging things that are way beyond our thoughts and understanding. Atleast think twice of whom are you talking about here.

adna_mumin
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: bayans that we attend

#28

Unread post by adna_mumin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:15 am

silvertongue wrote:That day is not far away when all of you guys will be ASKING PROOFS FOR THE EXISTANCE OF ALLAH.. You guys have totally lost faith with negativity in your brains every second. Everything does not need logic. Some things are best not spoken and best not argued. If you ask a question WHAT WAS BEFORE ALLAH? then obviously your question itself is wrong here. Only an atheist asks these kinds of questions. Its upto you to decide which path you want to take. Show off your knowledge by questioning the beliefs which has its root more than a 1000 years. Just look at your own ages and think about how much have you learned in your life that you start judging things that are way beyond our thoughts and understanding. Atleast think twice of whom are you talking about here.
Respectfully disagree brother.

On your "If you ask a question WHAT WAS BEFORE ALLAH? then obviously your question itself is wrong here."
I say No question is "wrong". If a question arose there ought to be an answer.

Not everyone has the answer which is perfectly reasonable.

MUSTAPH
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#29

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:24 pm

Silvertongue
if u know of history prophet Ebrahim was from a family of the ruler who had lots of priest with him. Idol worship was the religious practice than. Prophet Ebrahim opposed the idol worship and preached in one God. His people also said the same thing at that time that he is a non believer but today we call him a prophet.
Even today if someone asks questions and opposes your belief you call him an athiest. How come one non believer of history is a prophet and one of your time is an athiest.

silvertongue
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 am

Re: bayans that we attend

#30

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:27 am

I am not against anyone who asks questions. But asking too many questions can sometimes lead to your own destruction. Like the Bani Israel. No need to tell the whole story I am sure you AALIMs already know it. Here is a simple Explanation:

O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you, will distress you. But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be shown to you. Allah has pardoned that which is past; and Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing.A people asked such [questions] before you; then they became thereby disbelievers. (Quran 5:101-102)

This verse forbids people to ask useless and unnecessary questions because some people used to put such questions to the Holy Prophet as were of no practical good for mundane affairs nor for spiritual up-lift. For example, once a certain person while sitting in a gathering asked him, "Who is my real father?'' Likewise, sometimes, some people put unnecessary questions concerning legal matters so as to get these defined, whereas they had been purposely kept undefined for the good of the people. Far example, when Hajj was made obligatory by a commandment in the Qur'an a certain person heard it, and instantly asked. "Has it been made obligatory to perform Hajj every year'" The Holy Prophet did not make any reply. The man repeated the question, but he again kept quiet. When the man put the question for the third time, he replied, "Woe to you! If I had said: 'Yes', the performance of Hajj every year would have become obligatory and people like you would have been unable to perform it and been guilty of disobedience. "

The Holy Prophet himself forbade people to ask questions for the sake of it and to probe into things aimlessly. In a Tradition he warned, "The worst offender against the Muslims is the person who asked a question about something that had not been made unlawful but was made so because of his question." In another Tradition he said, "Allah has prescribed some obligatory duties for you; let not these go unfulfilled, and He has made certain things unlawful, so do not go near them. He has prescribed certain limits, do not transgress them. He has been silent concerning certain things, but not because He has forgotten them; so do not try to probe into such things."

In these two Traditions a warning has been served against a very serious matter. There are certain things and commandments which have been left vague and without details. This is not because the Law-giver had forgo ten to give details or to make them specific but because He did not intend to limit these in order to leave a wide scope for the people. Therefore if a person goes on creating one issue after the other, by putting unnecessary and useless questions and thus creates limitations and specifications, he puts the people to unnecessary trouble. Likewise if he tries to deduce the details by the force of his "reasoning". and does trot rest content till .he has made the vague things specific and the indefinite definite. he in reality puts the Muslims in a very awkward position. This is because the more details we otter for the Unseen and the Next World, the more will be the chances for creating doubts about them and, likewise, the more limitations are imposed concerning the Commandments, the greater will be the chance for their violation.

Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi - Tafhim al-Qur'an