From Darkness to Light - Must Read

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Saeed al Khair

From Darkness to Light - Must Read

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:48 am

My cousins are in Karachi sent this information. A large number of Dawoodi Bohra families regularly attending [1] Mehfile Murtraza, [2] Shah e Khurasaan and other Imam Bargahs on occasions. Religious fanaticism allow an opportunity to find out a secure place where one can peacefully perform Ibadat. Bohra Masjids are turned worldwide in to Mandirs, religious cinema houses where movie of Mufaddal Bhagwaan regularly run and followers do sajda to screen, when he appears.

Read attached book,"From Darkness to Light " it provide lot of information
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Munira_RV

Re: From Darkness to Light - Must Read

Unread post by Munira_RV » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Dear Saeed al Khair,

Fact of matter is: Ithna Asheri's in their mosque keeps idols of horse, Imam Hussain (A), jhoola, aluminium panja, taboot, etc - all garlanded and scent sticks are burned near by, thus they have converted their Imambadas into Mandir. You will not find such things in mosque serviced by Dawoodi Bohras.

The attachment in your post is result of poor, indeed zero-correct-knowledge about Dawoodi Bohras. All that is written is misrepresentation and false.

rang

Unread post by rang » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:07 am

I have been to Mehfile Murtraza, [2] Shah e Khurasaan and other Imam Bargahs in Karachi on many occasions. They keep all these things which you have mentioned in the Roza's only and not in the Masjid. Infact I have seen pictures hanging on the wall in Karachi Taheri Masjid Saddar. while offering Namza I have seen many bohras keeping Maulas pic on the Ja Namaz. There's a difference between an Imam Bargaha and a Mosque.

Munira_RV

Unread post by Munira_RV » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:51 am

rang wrote:I have been to Mehfile Murtraza, [2] Shah e Khurasaan and other Imam Bargahs in Karachi on many occasions. They keep all these things which you have mentioned in the Roza's only and not in the Masjid. Infact I have seen pictures hanging on the wall in Karachi Taheri Masjid Saddar. while offering Namza I have seen many bohras keeping Maulas pic on the Ja Namaz. There's a difference between an Imam Bargaha and a Mosque.
Idols kept anywhere and adorned with garlands and scent sticks and preached as act in compliance with Islam is very unfortunate for Islam, as idols are the very thing that Prophet Ibrahim a.s. broke and Mohamed PBUH stood against!

Keeping anything on ja-namaz (musalla) is not prescribed by Bohras dogmas. These are incorrect practices by individuals that have no bearing on the Bohra dogmas, like if any Muslims drink alcohol and engage in prostitution, doesn't mean their respective sect dogmas are to prescribe these prohibited acts.