The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
zinger

Re: The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam

Unread post by zinger » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:52 am

asad wrote:
qutub_mamajiwala wrote:yes definitely.
he has guided me on true path of his deen, his revelations, his messenger
i am neither sunni, nor shia nor anybody, only a true muslim following allah, his quran, his messenger and what his messenger told about his houehold

you will be labeled a wahabi in no time.
you have described yourself in the same way. do you see anyone calling you a wahabi? no! Think why not

yuzarsif

Unread post by yuzarsif » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:15 am

What an amazing talk!
Very Insightful.
Islamic Renaissance: The Real Task Ahead with Nouman Ali Khan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew6dCNfatSA

bohrikaka

Unread post by bohrikaka » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:40 am

Narrated Umm Salamah:
"The Prophet (ﷺ) put a garment over Al-Hasan, Al-Hussain, 'Ali and Fatimah, then he said: 'O Allah, these are the people of my house and the close ones, so remove the Rijs from them and purify them thoroughly." So Umm Salamah said: 'And am I with them, O Messenger of Allah?' He said: "You are upon good."' Timridhi

Narrated Zaid bin Arqam, may Allah be pleased with both of them:
that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:"Indeed, I am leaving among you, that which if you hold fast to them, you shall not be misguided after me. One of them is greater than the other: The Book of Allah is a rope extended from the sky to the earth, and my family - the people of my house - and they shall not split until they meet at the Hawd, so look at how you deal with them after me." Timridhi.

Narrated 'Umar bin Abi Salamah - the step-son of the Prophet (ﷺ):
"When these Ayat were revealed to the Prophet (ﷺ): 'Allah only wishes to remove the Rijs from you, O members of the family, and to purify you with a thorough purification...' (33:33) in the home of Umm Salamah, he called for Ali,Fatimah, Hasan, Husain, and wrapped him in the cloak, then he said: 'O Allah! These are the people of my house, so remove the Rijs from them, and purify them with a thorough purification.' So Umm Salamah said: 'And am I with them O Messenger of Allah?' He said: 'You are in your place, and you are more virtuous to me.'" Timridhi

Narrated 'Amir bin Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas:
from his father who said: "When this Ayah was revealed: 'Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women... (3:61)' the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) called 'Ali, Fatimah, Hasan and Husain and said: 'O Allah! This is my family.'" Timridhi

'A'isha reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) went out one norning wearing a striped cloak of the black camel's hair that there came Hasan b. 'Ali. He wrapped hitn under it, then came Husain and he wrapped him under it along with the other one (Hasan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came 'Ali and he also took him under it and then said: Allah only desires to take away any uncleanliness from you, O people of the household, and purify you (thorough purifying) Muslim

Narrated 'Amir bin Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas:
from his father who said: "When this Ayah was revealed: 'Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women... (3:61)' the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) called 'Ali, Fatimah, Hasan and Husain and said: 'O Allah! This is my family.' Timridhi