Muslim Girl In Mumbai Wins Gita Contest.

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
ghulam muhammed

Muslim Girl In Mumbai Wins Gita Contest.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Muslim girl in Mumbai wins Gita contest

Twelve-year-old Maryam Siddiqui is a rank holder at the exams in school. But recently, the class VI student has aced a written competition based on the Bhagwad Gita. The Muslim girl has won the first position among over 3,000 participants at the 'Gita Champions League' contest, organized by International Society for Krishna Consciousness (Iskcon) in January.

The 100 mark multiple choice question based test, evaluates children on their knowledge of the Gita. "I have always been inquisitive about religions and I often read up on them during my free time. So when my teacher told me about this contest I thought it would be a good chance to understand what the book is about. My parents too supported my idea of participating in the contest," said Maryam, who received the prize on March 15.

A student of Cosmopolitan High School, Mira Road, Maryam studied material that was provided by Iskcon for almost a month before giving the test in English. "I read through the material and tried to understand what the Gita tries to tell us. The more I read about different religions, the more I have realized that humanity is the most important religion that we must follow," she said.

Maryam has always had conversations about religion with her parents. "Our family believes that one needs to respect and accept all religions. No religion preaches hatred or wrong. However, there are some members who have misguided us. Before these have a bad influence on the children, we need to talk to them and make them understand what is right," said her father, Asif Siddiqui.

Teachers at school are proud of Maryam's achievement. "The contest is open to students from all religions so we asked if anyone from school wanted to participate. Maryam is excellent at school exams and she showed the same excellence at this contest too," said her teacher, Sapna Brahmandkar.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 789857.cms

alam

Re: Muslim Girl In Mumbai Wins Gita Contest.

Unread post by alam » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:31 pm

How refreshingly alive and timely. An example like this multiplied a few 100 times in everyday life - where we step outside of ourselves and attempt to understand something fundamentally different from who you are and have been, is a testimony to our ability for humanity and compassion. Kudos to this family and this girl Maryam for her work and it's significance.

salim

Unread post by salim » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:04 pm

alam wrote:How refreshingly alive and timely. An example like this multiplied a few 100 times in everyday life - where we step outside of ourselves and attempt to understand something fundamentally different from who you are and have been, is a testimony to our ability for humanity and compassion. Kudos to this family and this girl Maryam for her work and it's significance.
Very well said.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:29 pm

alam wrote:How refreshingly alive and timely. An example like this multiplied a few 100 times in everyday life - where we step outside of ourselves and attempt to understand something fundamentally different from who you are and have been, is a testimony to our ability for humanity and compassion. Kudos to this family and this girl Maryam for her work and it's significance.
Totally agree. (Where is the like button !!!)

Humanity and Islam has the ability to understand, tolerate and respect other point of views. I wish this and similar stories get more publicized.

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:56 am

be careful everybody
the likes of anjami will call for her execution accusing of blashphemy and the likes of the same will here justify
the fatwa accusing her of inventing upon herself

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:33 am

The Muslim girl has won the first position among over 3,000 participants at the 'Gita Champions League' contest, organized by International Society for Krishna Consciousness (Iskcon) in January.
I do not see the problem in idol worshippers praising someone who has done some good work for promoting idol worship. The girl is not the problem. The people around her are the problem and the fools saying wah wah over here are the problem.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:57 pm

What is wrong in applauding someone's achievement in learning about another faith? When will you get out of your limited view of Allah's creation. Have you observed the variety in God's creation. Get out of your tiny pond, look at the larger world and embrace the fact that there will always be multiple point of views. There is not one path to a destination.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Learn your own faith first.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:36 pm

LOL. I know my faith and firm on it. That is why I am OK with other peoples own interpretations.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Hence my last post. Learn your own faith first!!

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:51 pm

anajmi wrote:Hence my last post. Learn your own faith first!!
I think what you are trying to say is 'learn MY (your) interpretation of faith'. No thanks, I know enough about your interpretation and leave it for you understand the real message of Islam.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Well, my interpretation is definitely better than yours. Yours will lead to Krishna consciousness!!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 pm

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:38 pm

anajmi wrote:Well, my interpretation is definitely better than yours. Yours will lead to Krishna consciousness!!
Whatever floats your boat. If that makes you happy, fine. A full vessel can never get anything more.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Doesn't make me happy. Makes me sad. How stupid does one need to be to not see the obvious?

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 pm

anajmi wrote:Doesn't make me happy. Makes me sad. How stupid does one need to be to not see the obvious?
I wonder that too. Lets see when you notice the obvious :-)

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:04 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:Image
@Ghulam Muhammed: This deserves its own thread. May God Bless him.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Religion no bar for this soul

“This is very unusual and unique,” said the Muslim parents gathered at the Qur’an recitation competitions recently held in Vijayawada, when they witnessed an 11-year-old Hindu girl fluently recite the holy suras.

K. Swarna Lahari, Class VI student from a government minority school, was the centre of attention that day. Participating along with 200 Muslim children, she cleared the preliminary test to make it to the final round with 20 other shortlisted contestants. She took everyone by surprise with her perfect recitations of Qur’anic verses.

It was two years ago that Swarna’s teachers at school noticed her interest in reading the Qur’an. Ever since, they have encouraged and helped her. She was given a special prize for her extraordinary talent at the competition. Swarna’s parents K. Durga Prasad and Sujatha were filled with pride when they saw how their young daughter had impressed all the Muslim parents present.

Young Swarna, who regularly visits the temple, said, “I will continue reading the Qur’an and try to understand the essence of its meaning as I grow up. The credit goes to my teachers, who have helped me a lot.” (B. Tharun Kumar, Deccan Chronicle)

http://www.milligazette.com/news/12000- ... -this-soul

alam

Unread post by alam » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:33 am

Ghulambhai, now now, you compete with yourself to outdo one post after another. Waah bhai waah. Khushwant Singh reborn! Your 2nd and 3rd post just simply blows me away - and further reinforces what I said earlier - about humanity and compassion.

Fellas, this is news that's beats the hate mongers.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 am

I wonder that too. Lets see when you notice the obvious
I have noticed the obvious. The stupidity in you is very clear. You have nothing to say for yourself. You don't know jack about anything. You simply attach yourself to something that someone else says. C'mon man!! Grow a couple.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:26 pm

At least this is better than those so called guardians of the two holy mosques in Saudi and other satanic forces like Pakistan and other allies who are helping Saudi destroy Yemen!
anajmi wrote:
The Muslim girl has won the first position among over 3,000 participants at the 'Gita Champions League' contest, organized by International Society for Krishna Consciousness (Iskcon) in January.
I do not see the problem in idol worshippers praising someone who has done some good work for promoting idol worship. The girl is not the problem. The people around her are the problem and the fools saying wah wah over here are the problem.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:06 pm

anajmi wrote:
I wonder that too. Lets see when you notice the obvious
I have noticed the obvious. The stupidity in you is very clear. You have nothing to say for yourself. You don't know jack about anything. You simply attach yourself to something that someone else says. C'mon man!! Grow a couple.
LOL. Why so much anger? Why these constant attacks? I know sufficient enough to have calm mind and a peaceful heart. Once again I hope you will notice the obvious.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:15 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote: Young Swarna, who regularly visits the temple, said, “I will continue reading the Qur’an and try to understand the essence of its meaning as I grow up. The credit goes to my teachers, who have helped me a lot.”
Very stellar.
I wish our Quran and Hadith thumping crowd will devote time to understand their own faith and learn from this young one.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Even the prophet (saw) was addressed as a Quran thumper. Its a pity you choose to be from that side of the crowd!!

If you had a peaceful mind and a calm heart, you wouldn't be following me around to get the better of me. Put that peace and calm to use!! It will serve you better. Cause when it comes to Quran and Hadith you fools have nothing to actually say from them other than the talking points given to you by your idols.

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:25 pm

You are the one with all the talking points. Your are confused.
I still think the Quran and Hadith thumpers and Shirk and Bida throwers need to learn from this young one and try to understand the true nature of Islam instead of doing simple blind 'taqlid'.

I do not need to do anything to show you down. You are doing a superb job by yourself. :wink:

Peace and Calm.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:58 pm

Kudos to both the girls and their families. Using your open mind and Aql are most valuable in understanding each other, thus leading to respect others beliefs. I wish there were more competitions like these. These young minds will teach the old rigid stereotypes that all religions teach respect for beliefs of all human beings. We have a lot to learn from them.May be then there will be peace in this world and people will no longer be throwing stones at each other.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:24 am

I still think the Quran and Hadith thumpers and Shirk and Bida throwers need to learn from this young one and try to understand the true nature of Islam instead of doing simple blind 'taqlid'.
As understood by idol worshippers, the true nature of Islam isn't actually to study the Gita and help spread Krishna consciousness!!

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:39 pm

anajmi wrote: As understood by idol worshippers, the true nature of Islam isn't actually to study the Gita and help spread Krishna consciousness!!
So what is the true nature of Islam as understood by idol worshipers?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:52 pm

To worship idols and to spread krishna consciousness. And to re-define meanings of words like "authentic" and "shirk" to make them conducive to idol worship.

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:13 pm

anajmi wrote:To worship idols and to spread krishna consciousness. And to re-define meanings of words like "authentic" and "shirk" to make them conducive to idol worship.
Idiot! Read the question again.

What, as understood by the idol worshipers, is the true nature of Islam?