Alavi Bohra Syedna passed away...!!!

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
HMALAK

Alavi Bohra Syedna passed away...!!!

Unread post by HMALAK » Sat May 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Syedna of Alavi Jamaat Taiyab Ziyauddin Passed away in Baroda.. Funeral will be held tomorrow at 4 pm in Baroda...
May his soul rest in peace...

SBM

Re: Alavi Bohra Syedna passed away...!!!

Unread post by SBM » Sat May 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Wonder who is there new Dai
Malek Ul Chuster should consider jumping the ship,,

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat May 23, 2015 6:19 pm

HMALAK wrote:Syedna of Alavi Jamaat Taiyab Ziyauddin Passed away in Baroda.. Funeral will be held tomorrow at 4 pm in Baroda...
May his soul rest in peace...

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun May 24, 2015 2:23 am

what about his successorship .. who did he confirm nass upon ! I hope he did a clear and unambigious nass !

Sceptical

Unread post by Sceptical » Sun May 24, 2015 3:36 am

humanbeing wrote:what about his successorship .. who did he confirm nass upon ! I hope he did a clear and unambigious nass !
He did nass upon his first son and Mazoon (Haatim Zakiyuddin Saheb) many years before.

asad

Unread post by asad » Sun May 24, 2015 6:48 am

their official website has no such news. And have Bohras offered any condolences? Alavi mazoon came to Bohri Masjid to offer his condolences.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am

it is true. its on the site now,

Innaillahe Waillahe Rajeuun.

May Allah grant sabar to the family, the community and all his followers

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon May 25, 2015 2:54 pm

Will Muffadali or Qutbi Mazoon pay a visit to offer condolences to New Dai??

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon May 25, 2015 4:49 pm

JC wrote:Will Muffadali or Qutbi Mazoon pay a visit to offer condolences to New Dai??
Cant say about Qutbi but Muffy will surely pay a visit, that is after he returns from his hunting trip to Africa !

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Tue May 26, 2015 1:53 am

I have heard the Alavi da'i and his successor speak many times. They seem like very nice and low key people. Tayyeb Ziya al-deen was a very loving and kind hearted person. I hope that they find sabaar in this trying time, from the loss of their father figure, and transition into a new da'i.

Also, I would suggest people refrain from making wise comments, and try and understand the situation from their perspective. It is irrelevant if Bohras visit them or not. Now is not the time for such sarcastic comments.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri May 29, 2015 5:15 pm

On 23 May 2015, Dai Mutlaq of Alavi Bohras passed away in Baroda where Dawat Alavi Gadi is located. His Son, who was Mazoon, was Nass as 45th Dai. I think this new Dai received some education in UCLA. He may bring modern ideas to the community. The deceased Dai like Mufaddal Mola, bent backward to Narendra Modi. I have seen that video.

Alavi Bohras say only they will go to Jannat because they follow the right Dai. They also believe in Mojeza of their Dais and claim their wishes and Minnat are fulfilled.

Alavi Bohra and Dawood Bohra split occurred in 1789. There were few thousand Bohras at the time of split. Those multiplied into about 1.5 million during last 150 years. No active conversion from Hindus or Muslims was done during past two-three centuries though a Dai’s main task is to bring other communities into Bohra fold.

In the 15th century, there was schism in Bohra community of Patan, Gujarat as large number converted from Mustaali Ismaili to Hanafi Sunni fiqh. The leader of this conversion movement to Sunni was Syed Jafar Ahmad Shirazi. Thus this new group is known as Jafari Bohras and Patani Bohras. In 1538, Syed Jafar Ahmad Shirazi convinced Patani Bohras to cease social relations with Ismaili Bohras. The cumulative results of these pressures resulted in over one million Dawoodi Bohra converting from Ismaili Shia Fiqh to Sunni Hanafi Fiqh.

To bid a faithful and spiritual farewell to their beloved Maulaa, Mushfiq father 44th Da’i ul-Mutlaq al-Muqaddas al-Murtaqi ilaa Daar il-Amne wal Qaraar Saiyedna Abu Haatim Taiyeb Ziyauddin saheb (aq), a sea of devotion and ikhlaas in form of mumineen-muminaat-children got converged in the evening of 5th Sha’baan 1436-23rd May 2015 at the maqaam of 12 Du’aat-e-Kiraam (ra) of Vadodara, Devdi Mubaarak, Badri Mohalla. The Shaanaat of Taiyebi Da’i got evident when the mansoos of Muqaddas Maulaa,Saiyedna Haatim Zakiyuddin saheb (tus) did Didaar-e-Aakheri of the Chehra-e-Pur Ziyaa of Muqaddas Maulaa. Mumineen gathered near Devdi Mubaarak for du’aa of their maghferat, mu’aafi-talaafi and to get Taiyebi Barakaat by shouldering the Janaazah Mubaarakah to Nooraani Masjid. Each and every mumin took this opportunity as a farz and lifelong sawaab to give ta’ziyat to Ahl ul-Da’wat.

Basic History

One Dai succeeded another until the 23rd Dai in Yemen. In India also Wali-ul-Hind were appointed by them one after another until Wali-ul-Hind Moulai Jafer, Moulai Abdul Wahab and Moulai Qasim Khan bin Hasan (11th and last Wali-ul-Hind, d.950AH, Ahmedabad). The last three wali were of great help in the era of the 21st to 24th Dai. It was during this time when the Dawat was transferred to India from Yemen, that the 23rd Dai-al-Mutlaq Mohammed Ezzuddin performed nass (transfer of authority) onYusuf Najmuddin ibn Sulaiman in Sidhpur, Gujrat, India.

Due to persecution by the local Zaydi Shi'a ruler in Yemen, the 24th Dai, Yusuf Najmuddin bin Sulayman (d.1567 AD), shifted the whole administration of the Dawat(mission) to India but continued to live in Yemen and died there. The 25th Dai Jalal Shamshuddin (d.1567 AD) was first dai to die in India; his mausoleum is in Ahmedabad, India. Dai Jalal's tenure as Dai was very short, only a few months, but before that he was Wali-ul Hind (after Moulai Qasim) for about 20 years under 24th Dai Yusuf while the Dai was in Yemen.

Following the death of the 26th Dai in 1591 CE, there was a dispute as to who was to succeed him. Suleman bin Hasan, the grandson of 24th Dai, was wali in Yemen and claimed the succession, supported by the other Yemeni Bohra. However, the Indian Bohra denied his claim of nass, declaring supporting documentation to be forged. The two factions separated, with the followers of Suleman becoming the Sulaymanis, and the followers of Dawood Bin Qutubshah becoming the Dawoodi Bohra.

After the death of the 28th daee al mutlaq, Sheikh Aadam Safiuddin, in 1621, a small faction of Alavi Bohra recognized his grandson Ali ibn Ibrahim (1046 AH/ 1637 AD) as his successor and seceded in 1204 AH/ 1789 AD from the majority Dawoodi Bohra recognizing the 29th Dai Abduttayyeb Zakiuddin, and have followed a separate line of daees residing mainly in Vadodara.

Ali was born in city of Vadodara, when 27th Dai Dawoodi bin Qutub Shah was alive in Ahmedabad. His father Ibrahim brought him to Ahmedabad in childhood. 28th Dai educated him.

Vas Salam

Asghar Vasanwala