Praying with shoes in Mosque

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Muslim First

Praying with shoes in Mosque

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:34 am

Praying in shoes in a mosque where there are carpets

http://islamqa.info/en/69793

Praise be to Allaah.
Praying in shoes is something that is permitted, rather the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined it so as to be different from the Jews. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions used to pray in their shoes, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told them that they should examine them lest there be any dirt on them. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took off his shoes whilst praying on one occasion because Jibreel told him that there was some dirt on them, and the Sahaabah also took off their shoes. All of these ahaadeeth are saheeh, and they will be quoted and their isnaads will be discussed below, in a fatwa from the Standing Committee.

There is no doubt that their mosques were not furnished with carpets, rather the floors were of sand and pebbles, so it did not matter if they entered the mosque wearing shoes. But the mosques nowadays are furnished with carpets and entering them with shoes may lead to introducing dirt into the mosque. Some people are heedless and enter the mosque wearing shoes with dirt or impure substances on them.

If every worshipper were allowed to pray in the mosque wearing shoes, we would need dozens of workers to clean the mosque after every prayer, not just every day. We do not think that anyone who accepts this would like to pray on a carpet that is full of dust and dirt, let alone other unclean and impure substances, if people are negligent.

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked:

There is a dispute about the ruling on entering the mosque in shoes and praying in shoes. What is the Islamic ruling on that?

They replied:

Read all at
http://islamqa.info/en/69793

Al-Noor

Re: Praying with shoes in Mosque

Unread post by Al-Noor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:28 am

I knew some wahabi slave will come forward to defend his saudi master, but any ways here is the answers, even if sahaba prayed with shoes on its totally different from the situation which was with the Wahhabi king salman, people can wear shoes if they are in war and if there is really some emergency and no time to remove and wear it back, but here wahabi salman had no such kind of emergency he could have easily removed shoes out of respect for kaba and wear it back, but alas these satan followers wanted to insult kaba and show their superiority. while millions of muslims do tawaf without shoes this wahabi cant remove his shoes even in kaba?

ALLAH will show their true aukaat soon and send them to hell where they belong

Based on this, it is better not to pray in the mosque wearing shoes nowadays, except for one for whom it is difficult to take off his shoes; he may pray in them after making sure that they are clean and that he will not annoy those who are next to him. If this will lead to some kind of argument and resentment, and will put others off, then it is better for him to take his shoes off, in the interests of harmony among Muslims and not causing enmity and hatred. The Muslim can perform the Sunnah and obey the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by praying in his shoes when that will not lead to any trouble, such as when praying in his house, or when praying on uncarpeted ground, and so on.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:38 am

Al-Noor wrote:I knew some wahabi slave will come forward to defend his saudi master, but any ways here is the answers, even if sahaba prayed with shoes on its totally different from the situation which was with the Wahhabi king salman, people can wear shoes if they are in war and if there is really some emergency and no time to remove and wear it back, but here wahabi salman had no such kind of emergency he could have easily removed shoes out of respect for kaba and wear it back, but alas these satan followers wanted to insult kaba and show their superiority. while millions of muslims do tawaf without shoes this wahabi donkey cant remove his shoes even in kaba?

ALLAH will show their true aukaat soon and send them to hell where they belong

Based on this, it is better not to pray in the mosque wearing shoes nowadays, except for one for whom it is difficult to take off his shoes; he may pray in them after making sure that they are clean and that he will not annoy those who are next to him. If this will lead to some kind of argument and resentment, and will put others off, then it is better for him to take his shoes off, in the interests of harmony among Muslims and not causing enmity and hatred. The Muslim can perform the Sunnah and obey the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by praying in his shoes when that will not lead to any trouble, such as when praying in his house, or when praying on uncarpeted ground, and so on.

Brother
You need to put your resentment of Wahabi creed. Every Muslim is not Wahabi but all Wahhabis are. Muslims.
How do you know if this picture was taken inside Kaaba Sharif. How do you now if King was not wearing leather socks? Just chill out little bit.
Wasalaam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:45 am

I have to agree with Al-Noor. Shoes are allowed in mosques for the sake of convenience. But the kaaba trumps everything. Everyone around the king is without shoes. In fact, as a matter of respect for the house of Allah, even if it were a little inconvenient, shoes should be taken off before entering it.

However, we need to remember that the Saudi monarchy are not the torch bearers of Islam. The problems facing the muslim world today are a creation of these Saudi kings and royals who are only looking out for their personal well being.

The Saudi king is no better than the bohra Dai. They both suffer from delusions of grandeur. They believe that the world was created for them!!

araz5253

Unread post by araz5253 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Although i detest saudi monarchy but the fact is It is sunnah to wear clean shoes while praying , it was actually the norm !

(Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 650). The point here is that praying in shoes is permissible. It says in the hadeeth: “Be different from the Jews, pray wearing your slippers or shoes.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, no. 652). But the condition is that the shoes must be taahir (pure, clean). If there is any najaasah (impurity) or dirt on the shoes, then one should not pray wearing them or enter the mosque in shoes, unless he is sure that they are free of impurity or dirt. And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/20258

http://islamqa.info/en/12033

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Are you saying that the Saudi king is better at following the sunnah of the prophet (saw) than Sudais, the Imam of Mecca, who is praying without shoes right next to the king?

If the king is so good at following the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) then why do you detest him? It is pretty safe to say that the king is praying in shoes not because he wants to follow the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) but because he was just too lazy or too full of pride to take them off.

araz5253

Unread post by araz5253 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:57 pm

if saudais is under the payroll of saudi king then he is automatically out as per nawaqide islam, would not even pray behind such people who pledge allegiance to saudi king who has alliance with USA and help killing other Muslims. So this is not the main issue the issue is that wearing shoes is actually preferred option then not wearing it, I have personally observed many tablighis and even sufis following this sunnah with great enthusiasm , they wont pray barefoot! The prophet pbuh commanded us to actually wear shoes while praying , it is the mushrikeen, hindus, jews who put off their shoes while praying and this is what the prophet pbuh commanded against.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Araz5253
So which Masjid do you go and do you pray with your shoes on?

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:22 pm

I am posting these ayat of Quran but dont get surprise if wahabi slave will try to defend his wahabi king master against these ayats.

11. And when he came to it (the fire), he was called by name: "O Musa (Moses)!

12. "Verily! I am your Lord! So take off your shoes, you are in the sacred valley, Tuwa.

13. "And I have chosen you. So listen to that which is inspired to you.

14. "Verily! I am Allah! La ilaha illa Ana (none has the right to be worshipped but I), so worship Me, and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) for My Remembrance.

15. "Verily, the Hour is coming and My Will is to keep it hidden that every person may be rewarded for that which he strives.

araz5253

Unread post by araz5253 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Those are unrelated irrelevant verses , even Music was allowed in earlier shariahs, eating camel was forbidden, and many others but in this shariah of Muhammad pbuh wearing shoes while praying is the sunnah. Only jahils would like to argue on this after clear proofs are presented right Mr Noor aka sufimonk, aka incredible?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:37 pm

I have prayed in many masajid in the US in many cities. Havent seen anyone praying with shoes. Not even once. I have seen people praying in leather socks and have myself prayed in them. I have interacted with many tablighis and have never seen them praying in shoes. Now, we know that you are only a pretend wahhabi so i have no doubt the more wrong the saudis are the more you will be defending them.

I dont think we should be wasting time with you.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:50 pm

as I said wahabi slaves will leave no stone unturned to defend their masters, just how abdes do for their dai. they will even ignore Quran and sunnah for this.