First Ismaili Gay Wedding.

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
ghulam muhammed

First Ismaili Gay Wedding.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:12 pm

It's the first Ismaili gay wedding to my knowledge.....A guy called Alim Dhanji from Toronto marries Kevin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXA3JfHYwmo

araz5253

Re: First Ismaili Gay Wedding.

Unread post by araz5253 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:14 am

Unimaginable deprivation, shame on people who pay taxes to USA govt.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:11 am

araz5253 wrote:Unimaginable deprivation, shame on people who pay taxes to USA govt.
Why it is shame for people who pay taxes to US Govt. We do get services compared to other countries
I donot know where you live but you do not pay any taxex.
Atleast I know my social security taxes will take care of me in my old age, I know that as US Citizen if I get in trouble overseas, I will get help from US Consular services. Because I pay taxes, I can challenge my elected official and get a meeting with him/her,In Bohra you can not even get closer to any Zaadas despite paying heavy Wajebaats.
It seems you are from Pakistan, when was the last you were able to meet your leaders and ask them about the prevailing conditions of your country,
USA may not be perfect country but I will choose this country over any other country anytime, atleast I can speak my mind.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:19 am

Gulambhai, My response is not directed at you but to the reporter's clip.

First of all, both boys are not Ismaili or of Indian decent. I do not know why it has been called Ismaili gay wedding and not Christian gay wedding. It also could be termed inter-racial gay wedding.

Not to defend Ismailis, I am sure there are gay ismailis, or gay muslims or gay hindus, gay bohoras, etc.

I wonder what the reporter's agenda was. One thing is for sure, it was not Ismaili gay wedding because both were not Ismailis and moreover it was officiated by a Christian priest who was Kevin's family priest.