Does Islam teach the Golden Rule?

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:53 pm

One version is, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Some religious traditions have that as their highest moral tenet.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/reciproc2.htm

If it is not Islam's highest moral tenet, can you tell me what Islam's highest moral tenet is?

Regards
DL

anajmi

Re: Does Islam teach the Golden Rule?

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:25 am

Islamic tenet is to do good unto others and follow the laws of Allah.. i wouldnt want somebody coming and piercing me just because he or she wants to be pierced.

Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:35 pm

anajmi wrote:Islamic tenet is to do good unto others and follow the laws of Allah.. i wouldnt want somebody coming and piercing me just because he or she wants to be pierced.
Quite true. Moral tenets are designed for normal people. Not for S & M.

The point of doing unto others is recognizing that you are to consider the other before yourself when at all possible.

How do you know the laws of Allah when there are so many Muslim sects and the original writings have been altered and interpreted in so many ways?

Are all the other sects wrong or is there more than one right Islam?

I do not know what sect you are as I am new to trying to understand Islam.

Is this law something you would support and is it doing good unto others?
Please forgive that I picked a law that some think is not doing good to others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2RZntomfFI

Regards
DL

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:40 am

The laws of Allah are clearly stated in the Quran and the Sunnah of the prophet (saw). Please do not try to claim laws of Afghanistan as Islamic laws. If you can show this law to be either from the Quran or the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) then we can discuss further.

One law from the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) I would like to mention in context is where the prophet (saw) said that the best amongst the believers is the one who is best to his family.

Besides, when you go deep down (and not rely on youtube videos) you will find that most of the times these are just mis representations created by the enemies of islam to demonize muslims.

Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:09 pm

anajmi wrote:The laws of Allah are clearly stated in the Quran and the Sunnah of the prophet (saw). Please do not try to claim laws of Afghanistan as Islamic laws. If you can show this law to be either from the Quran or the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) then we can discuss further.

One law from the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) I would like to mention in context is where the prophet (saw) said that the best amongst the believers is the one who is best to his family.

Besides, when you go deep down (and not rely on youtube videos) you will find that most of the times these are just mis representations created by the enemies of islam to demonize muslims.
If you got the bur out from under your saddle, we might get somewhere.

You are proving to be quite the unpleasant fellow to discuss anything with.

Let me try.

Let's talk family. In your form of Islam, are there child brides?

In your form of Islam, do men compel women to wear head or face veils?

What country are you in?

Regards
DL

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:25 am

Before i answer the rest of your questions can I assume that we are in agreement, that you havent been able to locate the law you referred to above, in either the Quran or the Sunnah of the prophet (saw)?

Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:29 pm

anajmi wrote:Before i answer the rest of your questions can I assume that we are in agreement, that you havent been able to locate the law you referred to above, in either the Quran or the Sunnah of the prophet (saw)?
I am woefully ignorant of all the various forms of Islam and Sharia.

That is why I am asking question.

Strange that you do not want to educate me.

Regards
DL

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:50 pm

In order to get educated you need to complete your homework assignments. And it doesn't look like you did yours even after a couple of months.

Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:18 pm

anajmi wrote:In order to get educated you need to complete your homework assignments. And it doesn't look like you did yours even after a couple of months.
Yet you do not care enough to help.

Not a good sign or a good moral position.

It appears you know less than what you make out so far and I do not mean just in this thread.

Regards
DL

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Let me help. The Afghani law that you claimed to be Islamic has nothing to do with Islam. I hope that helps.

And the fact that you spoke about "your form of Islam" tells me that you have an evil agenda with which you are asking these questions. You aren't here to learn about Islam. You are simply here to throw stones at it. No one else on this forum care enough about your posts. And I am not going let you slide by.