Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:30 pm

Some say we cannot say or know, because it is all myth.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

I think they are wrong as men can judge actions.

I think we can at least know if Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they spawned, are good or evil.

Since God is a Man interpreting God’s words, believers all following a Man.

We invent our Gods and put them above us. But ultimately get all we know of God, and his morality from others around us. Priests and imams interpret and are the spokes in the religious communication network. Those priests and imams are teaching violence against their neighbor instead of love. I do not see that as ethical behavior for any moral religion.

From what you know of Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they have spawned, would you say that those two War loving Gods, as we also love it in their image, good Gods, or would you say they are something else?

Regards
DL

anajmi

Re: Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:30 pm

One should try to figure out if the arguments they are making even make sense before making them.

If God is created by Man and religion is created by Man, then the root of the problem is Man himself and not God or religion. It is like the NRA likes to say, people kill people and not Guns, even though Guns were created by Man!!

This might be difficult for you to understand. Or do I need to create a youtube video?

Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:15 pm

anajmi wrote:One should try to figure out if the arguments they are making even make sense before making them.

If God is created by Man and religion is created by Man, then the root of the problem is Man himself and not God or religion. It is like the NRA likes to say, people kill people and not Guns, even though Guns were created by Man!!

This might be difficult for you to understand. Or do I need to create a youtube video?
So to you, is mankind and his religions and Gods moral or not?

Regards
DL

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:06 pm

To me, mankind and religion were created by God. I was talking about you.

Think for a second. If there is a God, then "moral" is what HE says is moral. Plain and simple.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:09 pm

To me, mankind and religion were created by God. I was talking about you.

Think for a second. If there is a God, then "moral" is what HE says is moral. Plain and simple.

Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:15 pm

anajmi wrote:To me, mankind and religion were created by God. I was talking about you.

Only to the simple minded or the slave minded.

The more enlightened will follow this type of process and if Islam does not then I see it as a deficiency, given that all you know of Allah has been given to you by men. To trust in other men's thinking instead of your own is foolish.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

If you do not test things for morality, you might not be doing the moral thing.

Regards
DL

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Only to the simple minded or the slave minded.
Well, at least they would have a mind unlike you. Read my sentence again. If there is a God, then the more enlightened who follow their own path are going straight to hell!! Cause that is what you get for defying God!!