People first, God second. Should people put themselves above God?

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:21 am

Jesus put people above God and so should we. “Mark 2;27 And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: 28Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

I think that the world would be a better place if people put their wants and needs as well as the wants and needs of other people above God’s.

I look at all the wealth that religions squander on themselves with huge churches and mosques, which are mostly empty, --- while many people still live in poverty and despair, --- and wonder if that wealth would be better spent on the poor. That would conform more to what Jesus taught us to do for the poor.

Governments seem to be of the same mindset as the religions as they spend lavishly on themselves while the poor go with their needs ignored.

I would think that religions would show the better mindset but that does not seem to be the case.

Before religions started thinking of God as a literal and real being, a more peaceful world, religiously speaking, home churches were the order of the day. Archeology has proven this. They were used as feeding stations for the poor and destitute and contributed more to the fellowship that people need more that the mega churches, temples and mosques that we have today.

Should we consider the benefits of the older ways and bring religion back into the homes where it’s expression and help for the poor can be better served?

Seems to me that the religious crave a personal relationship with their God, and that is best expressed from homes and not from the self-aggrandizing mega monstrosities and opulent churches and mosques that advertise their wasted wealth in our cities.

Does charity really begin at home, by putting people first and not God?

Regards
DL

anajmi

Re: People first, God second. Should people put themselves above God?

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:40 pm

I don't know if people use even a little bit of their God given brains before coming up with such crap. The world is in a mess today because people have put themselves above God. If there is a God, and you ignore his commands (by putting yourselves above HIM), then you are in a mess. If there is no God, then you are still in a mess. Because -

If there is no God then -
Who created religion? People
Who is cheating others in the name of religion? People
Who is murdering people in the name of religion? People
Who is bombing other nations? People
Who has created millions of refugess? People
Who is trying to spread their own ideology to other people by force? People
Who are talking about putting themselves first? People
Who are talking about putting God first? People
Who is to blame for everything that is wrong with the world today? People
Who is taking away rights of people to live peacefully? People

But if people put God above themselves, then they will follow the rule of God and some of those rules are -
Be just.
Be charitable.
Do not kill the innocent.
Do not oppress.
Fight the oppressor.
Give other people their rights.
Help the needy, help the orphan.
If your neighbour goes to sleep hungry, you will be questioned about it in the hereafter.
If a ruler asks you to do something against the law of God, do not obey him.
Be truthful.
Be trustworthy.
Live in peace. Buy peace even if it is more expensive than war.
Establish the law of God.

Think about it. Although I am positive you are probably incapable of that. Everything wrong with the world today is because people have put themselves above God.

Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:00 am

Rather disingenuous. Not surprising.

How can you know the laws of God when all you have is the words of men who claim that what they spout are God's laws?

If Yahweh and Allah are the same God, which some Muslims have told me is the case, then why would you think that a genocidal God would have laws worthy of following?

You said that one of his laws was to not kill the innocent but Yahweh seems to always kill us in scriptures when he obviously could cure us of affliction instead of killing us.

Not to mention that jihadists are always killing the innocent.

Regards
DL

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:22 pm

You fail to grasp a simple idea. Either there is a god or there isn't. If there isn't a god, then humans are to blame for all problems and not God. And if there is a God and he is evil, then you are screwed.

Greatest I am

Unread post by Greatest I am » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:26 pm

anajmi wrote:You fail to grasp a simple idea. Either there is a god or there isn't. If there isn't a god, then humans are to blame for all problems and not God. And if there is a God and he is evil, then you are screwed.
We would all be so why would you want to follow a God who is going to screw you?

Stockholm Syndrome perhaps?

Regards
DL

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Not me cause I am doing everything he asked for. You are screwed.