where is prog dawoodi bohra guys

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
pro_pig

where is prog dawoodi bohra guys

Unread post by pro_pig » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:54 pm

i am suprise that last couple of days i havent seen anybody have posted any topics....wassup every thing is fine. ;)

tahir

Re: where is prog dawoodi bohra guys

Unread post by tahir » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:59 pm

missing badly?.. ;)

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:35 pm

I am sure we are all busy with other issues in life. Here is one for all of you to chew on.I have a problem with the issue of Aqika.I have served in armed forces of two diff. countries,and have participated in one hot war. I may have killed without actually knowing.In war you kill or be killed.Here is my delema, when it was time to do Aqika I looked at this innocent animal who can do no harm to anybody,yet I must slaughter it because thats what bohras do.When we look at any religion about killing.It certainly prohibits one from doing so.Even when you read the ten commandments it doesnt specify if it was meant for human beings alone.Dont get me wrong I like meat,I cant kill so I pay a butcher to do it for me.Why is it so important to do Aqika.Cant we just help in the charity of our choice instead? So here it is my fellow brothers lets hear from you.This is the only place where I get anwers about some of my lifes questions.

AFirmBeliever

Unread post by AFirmBeliever » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:40 pm

First read about the history why Aqiqa is done in the first place before placing a question. Just shows how ignorant you can be! What a hypocritic - you can pay a butcher to do the job which you consider dirty! Sounds you are confuse in life. Get a direction and a firm one!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:44 am

Have not read the history yet.But just reading the history might still leave doubts.I am sure you are a firm believer and you kill after you fall in love with the animal instead of buying it the day before.You sound like you have thevisa for heaven and please dont question my belief.How can you tell the strength of my belief against yours.

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:31 pm

br
aqiqa is important