Martin Luther inspired Adolf Hitler

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Thai

Martin Luther inspired Adolf Hitler

Unread post by Thai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:10 am

In 1917, German Protestants celebrated the 400th anniversary of the posting of Martin Luther's 95 Theses. Although the intention was to revive interest in the church, this event became the vehicle for an idolatry of Luther as a German hero, and as an incarnation of the German spirit. Later, when Hitler gained national prominence, some saw him as an heir of Luther. This comparison was helped by Luther's own severe anti-Semitism that he revealed late in his life. Indeed, when Hitler wrote Mien Camp, he listed Luther as one of Germany's great reformers. Luther's 1543 book On the Jews and Their Lies, Luther advocated the burning of synagogues and schools, the deportation of Jews, and other measures that closely resemble the actions taken by the Nazis. Regard this excerpt from On the Jews and Their Lies:

Accordingly, it must and dare not be considered a trifling matter but a most serious one to seek counsel against this and to save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death. My advice, as I said earlier, is:

First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire...

Second, that all their books-- their prayer books, their Talmudic writings, also the entire Bible-- be taken from them, not leaving them one leaf, and that these be preserved for those who may be converted...

Third, that they be forbidden on pain of death to praise God, to give thanks, to pray, and to teach publicly among us and in our country...

Fourth, that they be forbidden to utter the name of God within our hearing. For we cannot with a good conscience listen to this or tolerate it.

Thai

Re: Martin Luther inspired Adolf Hitler

Unread post by Thai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:14 am

Does history repeat itself?

Intolerance and hate are dangerous paths to travel. We (muslims too) can all learn from history the effects it has.

We can all do our part, small though it may be, to promote tolerance, compassion, and mercy in Islam.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:15 am

Yes history does repeat itself.
Did Rasuallah not inspire Osama bin Laden?
Or the One eyed Mullah called Omar of Taliban?

Thai

Unread post by Thai » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:11 am

the 11th century sufi philosopher Al-Gazzali, came up with a theory called "Satanic Logic" He said that Iblis refused to bow down to Adam because of a false value-based assumption that "fire" was better than clay and as he was made from fire and Adam from clay, he was better than Adam.

Anytime, we humans decide on some arbitrary "value-system" that places "us" above/superior to "them", we are using "Satanic Logic"

Those Saudi clerics who say we (muslims) must not mix with them (others) because we/our values are better than theirs ---or more moral, or more superior, or our religion is better ...etc are engaging in Satanic Logic.

It is not for Man to judge who is, or is not, "better" ---that is the responsibility of Allah.

salim

Unread post by salim » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:42 am

It is not for Man to judge who is, or is not, "better" ---that is the responsibility of Allah.
If someone acts like Allah and try to decide for others I think it is shirk. To be a Muslim one should say "la - illaha - il’lal – lahu – muhamadur – rasoolulah" and follow it and not act like Allah. I don't know why some people think that they are some superior being and they can force other Ashraful Makhlukat to obey their comment. These are just my thoughts.
Those Saudi clerics who say we (muslims) must not mix with them (others) because we/our values are better than theirs ---or more moral, or more superior, or our religion is better ...etc are engaging in Satanic Logic. [/QUOTE}

Very good point. This is the main reason I think today Islam is behind. Because many Muslims are more interested in acting like Allah than following Allah.

If they don't force me to follow their form of Islam, I don't care what they believe in.

I can even pay respect to their Satanic Logic, if they don't force me to follow their Satanic Logic.

salim

Unread post by salim » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:45 am

If someone acts like Allah and try to decide for others I think it is shirk. To be a Muslim one should say "la - illaha - il’lal – lahu – muhamadur – rasoolulah" and follow it and not act like Allah. I don't know why some people think that they are some superior being and they can force other Ashraful Makhlukat to obey their command. These are just my thoughts.
Those Saudi clerics who say we (muslims) must not mix with them (others) because we/our values are better than theirs ---or more moral, or more superior, or our religion is better ...etc are engaging in Satanic Logic.
Very good point. This is the main reason I think today Islam is behind. Because many Muslims are more interested in acting like Allah than following Allah.

If they don't force me to follow their form of Islam, I don't care what they believe in.

I can even pay respect to their Satanic Logic, if they don't force me to follow their Satanic Logic.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 am

If someone acts like Allah and try to decide for others I think it is shirk.
Salim Bhai

Do you know what shirk is?

Is it not your MHI is Ali and Ali is allah?

Thai

Unread post by Thai » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:37 am

I think there is a surah that asks prophet Muhammed to treat the poor man who comes to ask questions with the same respect and courtesy he would give an important man who asks for his time. To give
respect and courtesy to someone else (regardless of position or religion) is Islamic--to demand it as a matter of position/power/religion is not.