RECONCILIATION BETWEEN BROTHERS

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
feelgud

RECONCILIATION BETWEEN BROTHERS

Unread post by feelgud » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:48 am

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers." (49:10)

"But do not help one another in sin and transgression." (5:2)

>> Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The gates of Jannah are opened on Mondays and Thursdays, and then every slave (of Allah) is granted forgiveness if he does not associate anything with Allah in worship. But the person in whose heart there is rancour against his (Muslim) brother, they will not be pardoned and with regard to them it will be said twice: 'Hold both of them until they are reconciled with each other."' [Muslim].

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Do not harbour grudge against one another, nor jealousy, nor enmity; and do not show your backs to one another; and become as fellow brothers and slaves of Allah. It is not lawful for a Muslim to avoid speaking with his brother beyond three days." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "It is not lawful for a Muslim to desert (stop talking to) his brother beyond three nights, the one turning one way and the other turning to the other way when they meet, the better of the two is one who is the first to greet the other." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

feelgud

Re: RECONCILIATION BETWEEN BROTHERS

Unread post by feelgud » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am

Prophet Muhammad pbuh said;
“One of the worst people is a double-faced man, who come to one group with one face and to another group with a totally different face.” (Related by Al-Bukhari and Ibn Hibban).

feelgud

Re: RECONCILIATION BETWEEN BROTHERS

Unread post by feelgud » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:27 am

Sayings of Imam Ali (A.S.)

His Last Will to his sons Imam Hasan(A.S)&Imam Husain(A.S)

My advice to you is to be conscious of Allah and steadfast in your religion. Do not yearn for the world, and do not be seduced by it. Do not resent anything you have missed in it. Proclaim the truth; work for the next world. Oppose the oppressor and support the oppressed.
I advise you, and all my children, my relatives, and whosoever receives this message, to be conscious of Allah, to remove your differences, and to strengthen your ties. I heard your grandfather, peace be upon him, say: "Reconciliation of your differences is more worthy than all prayers and all fasting."