Omar Bin Khattab's Genealogy

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
revolution

Omar Bin Khattab's Genealogy

Unread post by revolution » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:35 am

Muhammad ibn Sa'ad al-kalbi is a respected Sunni biographer who was considered one of the foremost knowledgeable persons in the field of genealogy. In his book al-salaba fi ma'rifat al-sahaba he wrote the following about Omar's ancestry. It's also important to note that a similar story is narrated in the shia book Mustadrakat Ilm rijal al-hadith by Ali namazi shahroodi.

keeping in mind that both narrations from the different sects are consistent with one another and the respect given to Muhammad ibn Sa'ad al-kalbi by Sunni historians, both of which lend a high degree of credibility to the narration.

A slave boy named Nafil belonged to Kalbi bin lu'i bin ghalib al-quraishi, when al-quraishi passed away, Abdul-muttalib took guardianship of the slave boy Nafil. Abdul Muttalib also had a young lady name Suhak take care of his sheep, he liked her and desired to cherish her for himself. So Abdul muttalib made her wear a leather chastity device with a lock and kept the key to himself.

The slave boy Nafil fancied and adored Suhak as he used to see her in the grazing field and one day, they made an arrangement to meet in privacy while Abdul Muttalib was away. Suhak told him I have no way of fulfilling what you want because of this chastity device which only Abdul-Muttalib has a key to. Nafil told her not to worry as he can get it off, so he grabed some butter and grease and began to work it through the leather device and her skin until the device slid to her thighs.

Suhak and Nafil coupled that night and Suhak was pregnant with a boy whom she named khattab. She had the boy and left it around one of the nearby garbage dumps at night out of fear of Abdul Muttalib. The boy was picked up by an old jewish lady and was raised by her. Khattab grew to be a young man.

As he was out cutting wood, Suhak would check up on him while hiding but one day khattab saw her revealing her bottom amorously. Not knowing who she was he coupled with her. Suhak was pregnant with a girl named Hantama. Suhak had the girl and left her in the garbage dumps near Makkah. The girl was picked up by Hisham ibn Mughira, she became a slave girl for him. One day Khattab saw her and asked her hand in marriage from Hisham. Hisham married Hantama to Khattab and they had a boy named Omar.

Just to recap
-------------
- Suhak + Nafil = Khattab
- Suhak + Khattab = Hantama
- khattab + Hantama = Omar

Suhak Omar's grandmother from both parents.
Hantama and Khattab are siblings as well as Umar's Parents and well as his aunt and uncle

in short, Omar was a b.astard. this is not meant as an insult, it's simply the fact.

Sunni Source: al-salaba fi ma'rifat al-sahaba by Muhammad ibn sa'ib al-klbi, [Vol.3 page 212]
Shia source: Mustadrakat Ilm rijal al-hadith by Ali namazi shahroodi, [Vol.8 page 585]

Here is the sunni source in arabic:
--------------------------------

روى محمد بن السائب الكلبي- الصلابة في معرفة الصحابة - الجزء ( 3 ) - رقم الصفحة : ( 212 )

كان نفيل لكلب بن لؤي بن غالب القرشي فمات عنه ثم وليه عبد المطلب , وكانت صهاك ترعى غنمه وكان يفرق بينهما في المرعى فاتفق يوماً اجتماعهما في مراح واحد فهواها وعشقها نفيل , وكان قد ألبسها عبد المطلب سروالاً من الأديم وجعل عليه قفلاً وجعل مفتاحه معه لمنزلتها منه , فلما راودها قالت : مالي إلى ما تقول سبيل وقد ألبست هذا الأديم ووضع عليه قفل فقال : أنا أحتال عليه , فأخذ سمناً من مخيض الغنم ودهن به الأديم وما حوله من بدنها حتى استله إلى فخذيها وواقعها فحملت منه بالخطاب , فلما ولدته ألقته على بعض المزابل بالليل خيفة من عبد المطلب فالتقطت الخطاب امرأة يهودية جنازة وربته , فلما كبر كان يقطع الحطب فسمي الحطاب لذلك بالحاء فصحف بالمعجمة , وكانت صهاك ترتاده في الخفية فرآها ذات يوم وقد تطأطأت عجيزتها , ولم يدر من هي فوقع عليها فحملت منه بحنتمة , فلما وضعتها ألقتها على مزابل مكة خارجها فالتقطها هشام بن مغيرة بن وليد ورباها فنسبت أليه , فلما كبرت وكان الخطاب يتردد على هشام فرأى حنتمة فأعجبته فخطبها إلى هشام فزوجه إياها فولدت عمر ، وكان الخطاب والد عمر لأنه أولد حنتمة إياه حيث تزوجها وحده . لأنه سافح صهاك قبل فأولدها حنتمة والخطاب من أم واحدة وهي صهاك

Muslim First

Re: Omar Bin Khattab's Genealogy

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:11 am

Incredible=Labbaik Hussein=student=revolution

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 am

And yet Allah made him a khalifa before Hazrat Ali.

revolution

Unread post by revolution » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:14 am

anajmi wrote:And yet Allah made him a khalifa before Hazrat Ali.
Allah elected Ali in gadeer,umar got elected by public(his own corrupt people) in shaqifa.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:15 am

So you are saying that the people have more power than Allah right?

revolution

Unread post by revolution » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:17 am

anajmi wrote:So you are saying that the people have more power than Allah right?
corrupt people can be in power,as we can see in world most gov are in hands of corrupt people.like wise ISLAM went in hands of corrupt people after demise of prophet.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:29 am

Most governments do not have alternatives that have been chosen by Allah.

revolution

Unread post by revolution » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 am

Islaam is a live example how people can be corrupted and power can go in hands of unfit people.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:02 am

May be it is time you changed your religion from Islam to something else.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:18 pm

The story appears like a fairytale and the mythological stories of the hindu gods/goddeses, it reminds me of ganpati being born out of the dirt of parvati when she was bathing and the god shiva unable to recognise him.

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Umar-worshipers need not worry about this alleged discovery of his parentage.

We are all ba**ards. How do you think Adam and Hawwa's grandchildren came about? They were the result of union between Habil and Qabil with their sisters. That is according to Qasasul Anbiya by Ibn Kathir. And as a good Sunni, I never doubt anything Ibn Kathir writes.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Umar-worshipers need not worry about this alleged discovery of his parentage.
Worshipper of Ahl e bait casting aspirations on Sunnis.
He should be first to condemn this fairytale.

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:44 am

porus wrote:. And as a good Sunni, I never doubt anything Ibn Kathir writes.
:mrgreen:

Only Allah's book is doubtless as per faith of being a muslim.
I am sure you must be familiar with Ibn kathir and the scholars like him.They respect differences in opinions,freely quote them in their own books , highlight some of them which is close to their own ,reject those thoughts; if not as per standards .
They accept others thought if it is supported with word of almighty ,prophet's quote,reason and logic.

how is ramzan, which book is on your table these days?
wassalam

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:26 am

feelgud wrote: I am sure you must be familiar with Ibn kathir and the scholars like him.
Do you include Shia scholars among them at all? Or do you think that they all write one-sided account and never quote opinions with which they disagree?
feelgud wrote: They respect differences in opinions,freely quote them in their own books , highlight some of them which is close to their own ,reject those thoughts; if not as per standards .
They accept others thought if it is supported with word of almighty ,prophet's quote,reason and logic.
That is indeed something I only learned from you today. Thank you for pointing out it out to me. Do you include Shia scholars among them? Where did their 'standards' come from?

Where do you think explicit Muawiya and Yazeed lovers on this board learn their Islam from? They reject everything that a Shia writes as a fantastic fairy tale but with a twist. The Shia fairy tales are a Shia nefarious plot to destroy Islam.
feelgud wrote: how is ramzan, which book is on your table these days?
ramzan is a name given to a duration of time arbitrarily chosen by some humans, Muslims appear to believe that there is something special about that duration. I think that it is simply 30 rotations of earth on its axis.

As for the book that is open on my table during this duration, let me think. It is my Syrian friend, Abu Kadhib's book, which is half finished. I have an advanced manuscript from him.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:40 am

Using my latest Chinese knockoff of iIlahm device I was able to contact Abu Kadhib, Brilliant Syrian friend of Br porus. He confirms that above genealogy is recorded in Hz Ali's book " 'al-bidaya wa an-nihaya'". Hz Ali also confirms that all the support he gave to Umar was part of his belief in "Taquia". Gullible Sunnis fell for it. But Shias due to their genetic worshipfulness to him and to Ahl e Bait are true believer of Islam and all the lies of their scholars.

This Syrian friend of Porus is also grateful that this forum and many of its participants fell for this Genealogy without expressing any outrage or doubt.

(Note: iIlham device can locate people using nickname on net and also their friends. Unfortunately my conversation was cut short due to iIlham One (with hidden Imam) wanted to contact ilham Two (with Maulana Burhanuddin TUS etc. etc.). Most probably to firm up 52's schedule to visit Graves.

I will get in touch with this Brilliant Syrian friend of Br porus again and shed further light on this fantastic book,

Ramadan Mubarak and Wasalaam

PS: Br porus has no Raza to criticize this Genealogy post but like all shia he is free to support of derail any discussion on lies of Shia,

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:55 am

Muslim First wrote:I was able to contact Abu Kadhib, Brilliant Syrian friend of Br porus. He confirms that above genealogy is recorded in Hz Ali's book " 'al-bidaya wa an-nihaya'".
Our brother Muslim First, a lover of Muawiyah and Yazeed, is a liar too. Ameerul Mumineen, Ali ibn Abi Talib, never wrote a book called 'al bidaya wa an-nihaya'. This shows that he never contacted my dazzling Syrian friend, Abu Kadhib. Abu Kadhib has seen the book written by Imam Ali, who is a totally different character. I never refer to Ali ibn Abi Talib as Imam as every one on this board should surely know by now.

Ali ibn Abi Talib, according Bohra tradition is Wali, Wasi amd Asas of Imamat, not an Imam. But how could you expect a pea-brained bigot like Muslim First to understand that?

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 am

porus wrote: Do you include Shia scholars among them at all? Or do you think that they all write one-sided account and never quote opinions with which they disagree?
I include all among them. Everyone[shia or sunni] writes his or her sided account and that is why every book with human interpolation needs to be cross checked before acceptance.
That is indeed something I only learned from you today. Thank you for pointing out it out to me. Do you include Shia scholars among them? Where did their 'standards' come from?
Yes,indeed. Dont you see me quoting from nahjal blaghah?
the standards comes from Quran,hadees,abdullah ibn abbas,abdallah ibn masoud,hasan ,husain,ali,abu moosa ashari,abu hurairah,aisha,fatima bint mohammad etc

Where do you think explicit Muawiya and Yazeed lovers on this board learn their Islam from? They reject everything that a Shia writes as a fantastic fairy tale but with a twist. The Shia fairy tales are a Shia nefarious plot to destroy Islam.
they can answer themselves better to porus.
To me we have many a things common. we may discuss on the khilafah,I think when Ali ,karamallah wajh never fight or raised voice against his previous three ,who we are fighting for ? as a follower of ali when he kept mum on this issue ,i would keep my silence too.

ramzan is a name given to a duration of time arbitrarily chosen by some humans, Muslims appear to believe that there is something special about that duration. I think that it is simply 30 rotations of earth on its axis.
:mrgreen:
it appears to me ibn e arabi has put deep impression on your thoughts in the early stage. But I appreciate your contributions to ilm ul kalaam.

As for the book that is open on my table during this duration, let me think. It is my Syrian friend, Abu Kadhib's book, which is half finished. I have an advanced manuscript from him.
what abu kadhib says about the incident of birth of our father adam[pbuh]

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:27 am

feelgud wrote: the standards comes from Quran,hadees,abdullah ibn abbas,abdallah ibn masoud,hasan ,husain,ali,abu moosa ashari,abu hurairah,aisha,fatima bint mohammad etc
Actually, those are writings which you will judge according to 'standards'. If moral or ethical 'standards' are the concern and you derive those from the Quran, then others need to be judged by those 'standards' you derive from the Quran.
feelgud wrote: To me we have many a things common. we may discuss on the khilafah,I think when Ali ,karamallah wajh never fight or raised voice against his previous three ,who we are fighting for ? as a follower of ali when he kept mum on this issue ,i would keep my silence too.
Ali never raised voice agaist the first three? I think you learned your history from Muslim First and anajmi. If these two gentlemen did not participate on this board, we would not continuously be talking about Shia-Sunni differences. It is their belligerence against the Shia that causes concerns. I have civil debate with proper Sunnis outside this forum. And outside this forum, I do not run into Sunni extremist bigots.

I would prefer discussions about Bohras within Bohra context. We can do this without ever talking about Sunnis, Christians, Jews etc.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:49 am

Just yesterday our dear "shia" brother porus said this
Thank you for waiving number 1 for me. OK, I seek forgiveness from Allah for doubting him (2) and I seek forgiveness for doubting the Quran (3).
You can imagine the kind of debate that porus has with people outside this board. The anonymity of this board allows people to expose their true beliefs which doesn't happen outside. Do you think the Sunnis who debate with porus outside this board know that he is capable of talking from either side of his mouth?

Al-Muizz

Unread post by Al-Muizz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:46 pm

anajmi wrote:
Just yesterday our dear "shia" brother porus said this
Thank you for waiving number 1 for me. OK, I seek forgiveness from Allah for doubting him (2) and I seek forgiveness for doubting the Quran (3).
You can imagine the kind of debate that porus has with people outside this board. The anonymity of this board allows people to expose their true beliefs which doesn't happen outside. Do you think the Sunnis who debate with porus outside this board know that he is capable of talking from either side of his mouth?

Gotta luv these Wahabis and their wanna bes. On one hand they summarily dismiss Ali A.S., and then on the other hand Muawiyah (Laanat on this dog) is a Caliph! NONE of the three so called Caliphs were ordained...all elected shoddily. ONLY Ali A.S. was elected (if you actually want to believe in the "democratic " version of Islam) by the masses. ONLY Ali A.S. actually tried to quash the wanton corruption/nepotism practised even by Uthman! And you happily call this corrupt individual a Caliph! You guys aren't that stupid are you?

Only Ali A.S. was not concerned about territorial expansion, seen during Abu Bakr and Omar's "caliphate."

If the saqifah was all important, can you tell me why it was conducted so hastily, and Ali A.S. and other members of the Ahlul Bayt were NOT there? Couldn't Abu Bakr and his cronies wait until the Prophet SAW was buried?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Go read history you moron. Allah had ordered that Ali should become khalifa. Hazrat Abu Bakr couldn't take any chances and wait for the prophet (saw) to be buried. Otherwise Allah would've made Hazrat Ali the khalifa and the world would've been rid of idiotic shias!!

Al-Muizz

Unread post by Al-Muizz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:23 pm

anajmi wrote:Go read history you moron. Allah had ordered that Ali should become khalifa. Hazrat Abu Bakr couldn't take any chances and wait for the prophet (saw) to be buried. Otherwise Allah would've made Hazrat Ali the khalifa and the world would've been rid of idiotic shias!!
You are a typical idiot....you come to the west, learn to clean your ass with toilet paper, and now thinks you are God's gift to mankind.....You superior intellect is in full display, professor idiot! You haven't answered my question....what was the hurry to get the saqifah going?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Go read history you moron. Allah had ordered that Ali should become khalifa. Hazrat Abu Bakr couldn't take any chances and wait for the prophet (saw) to be buried. Otherwise Allah would've made Hazrat Ali the khalifa and the world would've been rid of idiotic shias!!

Now read before you post the same question again!!

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:21 am

anajmi wrote:And yet Allah made him a khalifa before Hazrat Ali.
Allah made Muawiyah and Yazeed Khalifas too!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:47 pm

The exact date of the birth of Umar is not known. The concensus of opinion, however, is that Umar was born at Mecca around 580 A.D He was younger than the Holy Prophet of Islam by about ten years.

Umar belonged to the Adi clan of the Quraish. It was one of the ten clans of the Quraish who inhabited Mecca.

The pedigree of Umar was: Umar the son of Khattab; the son of Nufail; the son of Abul Uzza; the son of Riza; the son of Ribah; the son of Qurat; the son of Adi; the son of Katb.

The pedigree of the Holy Prophet was: Muhammad (peace be on him) the son of Abdullah; the son of Abdul Muttalib; the son of Hashim; the son of Abd Munaf; the son of Qussay; the son of Kulab; the son of Ka'b.

In the case of Abu Bakr and the Holy Prophet, Murrah in the eighth degree was their common ancestor. In the case of the Holy Prophet and Umar, Ka'b in the ninth degree was their common ancestor.

Among Umar's ancestors, Adi rose to prominence as a diplomat, and the clan came to be known after him. Whenever the Quraish of the day had to negotiate any settlement with any other tribe, Adi represented the interests of the Quraish as an ambassador. Even in the case of disputes among the Quraish themselves, Adi acted as the arbitrator. After the death of Adi the two offices of diplomatic representation and arbitration became hereditary in his descendants.

Umar's grandfather Nufail arbitrated in a dispute between Abdul Muttalib, the grandfather of the Holy Prophet and Harab bin Umayyah over the custodianship of the Ka'bah. Nufail gave his verdict in favour of Abdul Muttalib. Addressing Harab bin Umayyah he said:

"Why do you pick a quarrel with a person who is taller than you in stature; more imposing than you in appearance; more refined than you in intellect; whose progeny outnumbers yours and whose generosity outshines yours in lustre? Do not, however, construe this into any disparagement of your good qualities which I highly appreciate. You are as gentle as a lamb, you are renowned throughout Arabia for the stentorian tones of your voice, and you are an asset to your tribe."

This address is indicative of Nufail's skill in diplomacy and his highly developed sense of judgment.

Khattab the father of Umar was among the prominent members of the Banu Adis. The Banu Adis had some feuds with Banu Abdul Shams. The Banu Abdul Shams were stronger in power and position, and the Banu Adis as a safety measure had to seek alliance with some other clan. They allied themselves with Ranu Shams.

The house in which Umar was born in Mecca was situated midway between Safa and Marwah. During the period of his caliphate, Umar had the house dismantled, and the site was turned into a camping ground.

Umar's mother was Khantamah who was the daughter of Hisham bin al-Mughirah. Al-Mughirah was a personage of high rank among the Quraish. In the event of war he marshalled the Quraish troops and led them to war. Hisham the maternal grandfather of Umar and al-Walid the father of the renowned General Khalid were brothers. Khalid was thus a cousin of Umar s mother and his maternal uncle.

Abu Jahl whose personal name was Amr bin Hisham bir al-Mughirah was a brother of Umar's mother, and his maternal uncle. One of the sisters of Umar's mother, Umm Salma was married to the Holy Prophet of Islam.

Umar had several brothers and sisters. The most well known out of these were: Zaid and Fatima. Zaid and Umar were step brothers, their mothers being different. Nevertheless the two brothers were devoted to each other. When Zaid was later martyred at the battle of Yamama during the caliphate of Abu Bakr, Umar was highly grieved. He used to say, "Whenever the wind blows from Yamama, it brings me the fragrance of Zaid."

Fatima was the real sister of Umar. She was married to her cousin Saeed bin Zaid bin Amr. She played an important role in the conversion of Umar to Islam.

Amr, a brother of Khattab was a paternal uncle of Umar. Zaid the son of Amr, and a cousin of Umar was among the distinguished persons of the Quraish, who before the advent of Islam gave up idolatry, and came to believe in the unity of God. Zaid was a poet.

Zaid died before the Holy Prophet of Islam announced his prophetic mission. When the Holy Prophet proclaimed his prophethood, Saeed the son of Zaid who had married Umar's sister Fatima, was among the early converts to Islam.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:50 am

whole text is copied from Shia Chat but in order to undermine or degrade Omar, the topic creator has insulted Mowlana Abdul Muttalib also as some lecherous being who kept slave girls for himself with chastity belts tied.