fazail e Ali(a)

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Ala maqaam

fazail e Ali(a)

Unread post by Ala maqaam » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:28 am

In the name of Allah

salawaat upon Muhammed and his progeny.

it is a duty of every momeen to spread message of truth amoung the muslim,if one life is saved from hell,u have saved a whole human kind-Quraan.

Imam Ali (Peace be upon Him) the leader of Muslims

Based on the known sources Imam Ali (Peace be upon Him) was born on the 13th of Rajab in the 30th year of “Amol Fil” (ten years before Be-sat and twenty three years before Hejrat) in Koleiny’s report his birthday to be mentioned on The 7th or the 23rd of Shaban or the 15th of Ramadan.

Some say he was seven or fifteen when he accepted Islam, but according to more reliable sources he was ten or twelve. His martyrdom happened on the 21st of Ramadan, In the 40th year of Hejrat in “Kufa”. His father was Abutaleb, and his mother was Fatemeh, daughter of Asad Ibn e Hashem Ibn-e Abde Manaf. The prophet used to call her “mother”, participated in her funeral and wrapped his own cloth around her (As Kafan) when she died. He also cried on her.

Imam Ali (Peace be upon Him) in the prophet’s time

Imam Ali was raised in the prophet’s house and this was an honor. There are many interesting quotes that “Ibn-e Abel Hadid” gathered such As:

“The prophet used to prepare food for him by tenderizing it”

Zeid Ibn-e Ali Ibn-e Hossein mentioned that “Imam Ali was the first one who accepted Islam because of this Imam himself said: There is a lot of evidence that I was the first who accepted Islam, and this can not be denied by any logical person.”

Even though he was only a child when he accepted Islam, the prophet thought he was mature enough to decide on his own. Masoudy says: “Sacrifices of Imam Ali for Islam caused the Prophet to praise Ali’s virtues”.

Ahmad Ibn-e Hanbal said: “None of the “Sahabies” – the prophet’s closest associates - had more correct and acceptable virtues than Imam Ali.” He also said: “No one can be compared with Ali.”

Abu Saeed Khedri said: “The prophet and Ali were dependent on each other, being to gather almost every day.”

Zeid Ibn-e Sabet a supporter of Othman said to Ali: “For the prophet no one can take the place of you.” Because of this closeness between them, Imam Ali knew the prophet better than every body. The prophet trusted him so much that he let him to marry his daughter; it is interesting to know that he had already rejected Omar and Abubakr as suitors. As it happened “Hades Ibn-e Noman” owned a house near the prophet, and he made a gift of it to the newly wed.

During “Contract of brotherhood” the Prophet chose Ali as his “brother”. When the prophet gave a speech In order for the audience to hear him clearly, Ali stood a little further and repeated his speech. When the prophet became upset-because of Inspiration of tortures’ verses- no one could approach him except Ali.

People used to ask Imam Ali to be their messenger. “Sonnies” have quoted from “Aysha” that among the women “Fateme” and among the men “Ali” were the most beloved ones for the prophet.

In " Manzelat Hadith " -which is one of the most credible Hadith- the Prophet stated that “The position of Ali to him was like Aaron’s to Moses”. Because Imam Ali used to quote the prophet a lot, people wondered about his veracity as to the high number of quotations. He countered “I was with the prophet almost all the time, and he used to answer my question.Besides, I remember everything he taught me.”

Imam Ali wrote: “The prophet and I are the branches of the same tree, and I follow him like a camel’s baby does it’s mother.” He also said that he never disobeyed God and the prophet. In announcing “Bra-at”-a passage in Quran reads as “The entry of polytheists to the Kabe is for bidden. God Said to the prophet: you yourself needed to deliver this message, or someone like you.”

Because of this, the prophet decided to ask Ali Instead of “Abubakr” to do so on the day of Hajj-e Akbar. Imam Ali has beautiful statements about their relationship in “Ghase-a speech”.

Imam was so close to the prophet that he himself said: “There wasn’t any verse that came from God unless I knew it’s meaning and purpose. “ Ibn-e Abbas said: “There wasn’t any “sura” – chapter of Quran - unless Ali was praised in it”. God sometimes reproached “Sahabies” but he always praised Ali.

Ala maqaam

Re: fazail e Ali(a)

Unread post by Ala maqaam » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:40 am

Ahmad Ibn Hanbal said that wasn’t there a Hadith about Ali from the Prophet that said to Ali:

“Nobody likes you except Momen (Believer) and nobody dislikes you except Monafeq (Hypocrites).”

He (Ahmed Ibn Hanbal) said this to the people who were wondering about Ali being a divider of the hell and the heaven. They confirmed that He further explains therefore the believers belong in heaven, and the hypocrites belong in hell. Salman said:

“If Ali passes away no one can tell you your Prophet’s secrets.”

Imam Ali saved the Prophet’s life on the night of “Hejrat “. While most of the Prophet’s soldiers ran away in “Ohud Battle “Ali stayed with him and continued to fight. When Ali killed “Amr Ibn Abdovad” in “Khandaq Battle”, the Prophet said:

“One stroke of a Ali’s sword is worth more than all the Prays done by every human and Jinn alike.”

In most of the wars, Ali was the flag bearer. With no doubt we can say nobody among Muslims has ever had Ali’s knowledge.

This has been understood from the Prophet and Sahaba’s words, and the history backs this up. This is an example;

The Prophet said:

“I am the city of knowledge and Ali is it gate.”

Ali himself said: “Ask me anything you like to know before you lose the chance.”

The Prophet asked Ali to teach Muslims how to perform their religious duties such as ablution (washing before the Pray). Although “Aysha“ hated Ali and Fatima, she said that Ali was the most knowledgeable person when it came to deciphering the Islamic rituals (Sonnat)

Imam Ali after the Prophet’s death

After the Prophet’s death, there were two political groups, one who Ali‘s claim to be true Caliph, and the other whose aim was to pass the succession to Abubakr. This somewhat shows that there was an animosity between Abubakr, his supporter and Ali. When Fatima passed away, all women were present at her funeral except Aysha.

Aysha’s attitude towards Ali also be seen as an evidence to this animosity. All this resulted in deeper differences between Fatima and Abubakr, his supporters that Fatima requested that none at these people had the right to be at her funeral.

After Abubakr began his Caliphate, Imam Ali (AS) became a recluse, but they expected him to cooperate with them however, Imam rejected them therefore, it was obvious that they tried to isolate and to humiliate Ali.

Imam Ali (AS) cursed them and asked God to protect him from Quraish tribe. He further said,

“They ignored my position, and fought with me about what it was truly mine (Succession). I don’t have anyone to help me excepts my family and my friends. I didn’t wish to sacrifice them, so I decided to stay home and to bear this injustice.”

Because Imam Ali was isolated not many knew about him. Jond Ibn Abdullah says: “After my alliance with Othman, I went to Iraq. When I tried to tell people about Ali’s virtues, I was told that I was better off to think about what was good for me, and to leave Ali out of the conversation. When I told them that we both could benefit from emulating him, they would leave.”

Ibn e Abel Hadid says based on the analysis of Mohammad Ibn Suleiman, one of the problems during caliphate of the Othman was the issue regarding the formation of the council every member had laid a claim to be the next Caliphs, this included members like Talhe and Zobair. They were more hopeful than Ali by this time, Sheikhain (Abubakr and Omar) had successfully isolated, humiliation and disrespect Ali. Most people, who knew him during Mohammad’s time, had died and the living generation knew him only as a Mohammad’s cousin.

The Quraish tribe detested him, but liked Talhe and Zobair. Ibn e Abel Hadid points out an interesting issue that the people knew about righteousness of a war based on the participation of Ammar and not of Ali’s. He further said that it was surprising to know Ammar as a deciding factor at righteousness of a war as a Mohammad himself had said to Ali, “The true believers, like you and only the hypocrites, dislike you.” And also another Hadith attributed to Mohammad confirms the fact that Mohammad himself had chosen Ali as his true successor.