The Glorious Quran

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
anajmi

The Glorious Quran

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Two beautiful ayahs of the Quran from Surah Fussilat

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا رَبُّنَا اللَّهُ ثُمَّ اسْتَقَامُوا تَتَنَزَّلُ عَلَيْهِمُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ أَلَّا تَخَافُوا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوا وَأَبْشِرُوا بِالْجَنَّةِ الَّتِي كُنتُمْ تُوعَدُونَ
نَحْنُ أَوْلِيَاؤُكُمْ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ ۖ وَلَكُمْ فِيهَا مَا تَشْتَهِي أَنفُسُكُمْ وَلَكُمْ فِيهَا مَا تَدَّعُونَ

Indeed, those who have said, "Our Lord is Allah " and then remained on a right course - the angels will descend upon them, [saying], "Do not fear and do not grieve but receive good tidings of Paradise, which you were promised.
We [angels] were your allies in worldly life and [are so] in the Hereafter. And you will have therein whatever your souls desire, and you will have therein whatever you request [or wish]

Why would one fear or grieve if he has said "Our Lord is Allah" and then remained on a right course? This happens to pretty much all of us who are on a death bed. We fear what is going to happen in the hereafter and we grieve about what will happen to our loved ones that we leave behind. Allah is assuring those who said "Our Lord is Allah" and then remained on the right path that angels will descend upon them. Where are the angels going to descend? Either it will be on your death bed or it will be in your graves. Allah is giving us "Life Insurance". We purchase life insurance so that our loved ones are taken care of, but this is the best form of life insurance. Angels who take care of our worldly affairs.

Some ayahs to ponder over for abdes who claim that the Dai will be visiting your graves. No he won't!!

JC

Re: The Glorious Quran

Unread post by JC » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 pm

My Lord is Allah and Allah only.

I have been having my doubts, but then I said to my self, if the whole Universe can be by itself, in such a systematic fashion, which mind refuses to accept as logical, then why cannot I say it is Allah who is doing and controlling all this? This may also sound illogical but it guarantees that there is SOME ONE..!!!

May Allah guide me, instruct me and give me courage to do what is right. May He gives me (and all) wisdom to realize and appreciate what we have been bestowed with.

A Good thought and good deed nevers goes wasted.

Dai has even NO power to go to his own grave by himself, others will have to take him there.... :lol: how on earth he is going to visit me in my grave .... :roll:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Dai has even NO power to go to his own grave by himself, others will have to take him there.... how on earth he is going to visit me in my grave ....
An excellent point.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:49 am

The words of Scripture are indications which serve only to lead a person to silence.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Can someone post the bohra dua of khatmul Quran?

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:57 am

anajmi wrote:Two beautiful ayahs of the Quran from Surah Fussilat

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا رَبُّنَا اللَّهُ ثُمَّ اسْتَقَامُوا تَتَنَزَّلُ عَلَيْهِمُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ أَلَّا تَخَافُوا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوا وَأَبْشِرُوا بِالْجَنَّةِ الَّتِي كُنتُمْ تُوعَدُونَ
نَحْنُ أَوْلِيَاؤُكُمْ فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ ۖ وَلَكُمْ فِيهَا مَا تَشْتَهِي أَنفُسُكُمْ وَلَكُمْ فِيهَا مَا تَدَّعُونَ

Indeed, those who have said, "Our Lord is Allah " and then remained on a right course - the angels will descend upon them, [saying], "Do not fear and do not grieve but receive good tidings of Paradise, which you were promised.
We [angels] were your allies in worldly life and [are so] in the Hereafter. And you will have therein whatever your souls desire, and you will have therein whatever you request [or wish]
Refer: red and bold text above

So, in heaven soul's will reside not body (the one we have on Earth).

Sunni, Salafai and Ithna Asheri believes that body will resides in Heaven - they all stand as incorrect in the light of aayat above. Only Bohras Ismaili Shia are in compliance with aayat above; that only soul's'sprit will reside in heaven (spritual world).

Some ayahs to ponder over for Sunni, Ithna Asheri, wahabi and Salafi who claim that the physical body will be residing in praadise. No it won't!!

MM Bukhari

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 am

badrijanab wrote:

Sunni, Salafai and Ithna Asheri believes that body will resides in Heaven - they all stand as incorrect in the light of aayat above. Only Bohras Ismaili Shia are in compliance with aayat above; that only soul's'sprit will reside in heaven (spritual world).

Some ayahs to ponder over for Sunni, Ithna Asheri, wahabi and Salafi who claim that the physical body will be residing in praadise. No it won't!!
brother if soul is going to reside in heaven and hell not the body, how will Allah punish or give price to the believer?

I mean soul dont feel heat nor it feels pleasures (specially those are mentioned in quraan like hoori and stuff)

so whats ur explanation about it?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am

badrijanab posted"

Br badrijanab Bhai Saheb
AS

Beside authentic DB-Ismaili belief you seems to be expert in comparative Sunni, salafi and Ithna belief.

Can you post on what bases you claim that Sunni, salafi or Ithna claim that "body will reside in heaven"?

Are you ex Sunni and Salifi and Ithna?

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:18 am

Muslim First wrote:
badrijanab posted"

Br badrijanab Bhai Saheb
AS

Beside authentic DB-Ismaili belief you seems to be expert in comparative Sunni, salafi and Ithna belief.

Can you post on what bases you claim that Sunni, salafi or Ithna claim that "body will reside in heaven"?

Muslim First sahab, "Zahar peene se nuksaan hota he ya death bhi ho sakti he" - yeh jaanne ke liye zahar peena jarorri thode hi he! Like wise, comparative info janne ke liye muze ex-Sunni, ex-Ithna aur ex-Salafi hona jaroori thode hi he!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 am

badrijanab wrote:
Muslim First wrote: Br badrijanab Bhai Saheb
AS

Muslim First sahab, "Zahar peene se nuksaan hota he ya death bhi ho sakti he" - yeh jaanne ke liye zahar peena jarorri thode hi he! Like wise, comparative info janne ke liye muze ex-Sunni, ex-Ithna aur ex-Salafi hona jaroori thode hi he!
OK I understand you are not ex Sunni, Salafi or Ithna.
Now can you answer this question
Can you post on what bases you claim that Sunni, salafi or Ithna claim that "body will reside in heaven"

I just want to know what is your basis for your statement that Sunni, Salafi and Ithna believe that "body will reside in heaven"

Wasalaam

MM Bukhari

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 am

brother if soul is going to reside in heaven and hell not the body, how will Allah punish or give price to the believer?

I mean soul dont feel heat nor it feels pleasures (specially those are mentioned in quraan like hoori and stuff)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:30 am

by MM Bukhari on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:14 pm
May be you want read this
http://www.islamuncovered.com/info/themuslimsbelief.htm

Starting here:

THE LAST DAY

Belief in the Day of Judgment:
Muslims believe in the Final Day, which is the Day of Judgment, when people will be resurrected and then told to remain in the abode of enjoyment or in the abode of severe punishment.

The Resurrection:

We believe in the resurrection, which is Allah's bringing to life all those who have died, and when Israfil shall blow the horn for the second time: "And the trumpet shall be blown, and all who are in the heavens and who are in the Earth shall fall down fainting, except those that Allah shall spare. Then, it shall be blown again and they shall rise gazing around them" (Quran 39:68). People will arise from their graves, answering the call of the Lord of the universe. They will be barefooted, naked, and uncircumcised: "As We started the first creation, so We shall bring it back again. This is a promise from Us, so We shall assuredly fulfill it" (Quran 21: 104).
-------
For more reading materal

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&psj= ... 43&bih=551
Last edited by Muslim First on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 am

Duplicate
Deleted

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 am

badrijanab wrote:

badrijanab,

Your knowledge of the quran is seriously lacking. Desire is always associated with the nafs. Allah talks about creating your bodies in the quran many times. He talks about how you will burn and then new skin will be given to you so you can burn again if you are in hell. Delicious food if you are in heaven. If we do not have a body, how do we eat delicious food? How will the skin burn?

Now please, I suggest you stop posting your knowledge of the quran on this board for a few months and go and study the quran.

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:50 pm

anajmi wrote:badrijanab,

Your knowledge of the quran is seriously lacking. Desire is always associated with the nafs. Allah talks about creating your bodies in the quran many times. He talks about how you will burn and then new skin will be given to you so you can burn again if you are in hell. Delicious food if you are in heaven. If we do not have a body, how do we eat delicious food? How will the skin burn?
Jannat me khaana kya sirf khaate hi rahoge? Nahi, khana khaya; to nikalna bhi padega!!! Duniya me bhi sandaas karte he aur Jannat me bhi Sandaas karenge - to kya difference raha Duniya aur Jannat me?! Masjid me to sandaas nahi karte, kya jannat me karoge? Masjid ki sanctity/paakizgi ke rules he ki Masjid me sandaas nahi kar sakte; yaha tak ki hawa bhi nahi chhodh sakte. Jannat bhi paakizgi me masjid ki tarha he; balki aur aala he. Ab sandaas kaha karoge; Jannat ke bahar jakar?

Above proves: non-Dawoodi Bohras ka Jannat ka knowledge irrational aur faulty he.

Now please, I suggest you stop posting your knowledge of the quran on this board for a few months and go and study the quran (per Fatimi Ismaili Bohra tafseer).

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Again you display your serious lack of Quranic knowledge. I talk about good food in Jannah, as mentioned in the Quran and you talk about doing sandaas. Bohras are so used to eating and then shitting that they are worried about sandaas even in jannah.

Looks like the Fatimi Ismaili Bohra Tafseer of the Quran was written with sandaas in mind, astagfirullah!! One shouldn't even go near to this tafseer!!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:20 pm

badrijanab
Masjid ki sanctity/paakizgi ke rules he ki Masjid me sandaas nahi kar sakte
Correct
; yaha tak ki hawa bhi nahi chhodh sakte
Not really
Bhai Saheb
It is very difficult to control fart. Most you can do it is let it leak rather than make farting sound. In that case you need to refresh Wadhu.
Feeling of Passing Wind during Sala'h
http://www.understanding-islam.com/q-an ... ala-h-5977

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Some ayahs of the Quran (not as per the fatimi ismaili bohra tafseer which refers to sandaas after food)

69:21 And so he will find himself in a happy state of life
69:22 in a lofty paradise
69:23 with its fruits within easy reach.
69:24 "Eat and drink with good cheer in return for all [the good deeds] that you have sent ahead in days gone by

37:43 in gardens of bliss
37:44 facing one another [in love] upon thrones of happiness.
37:45 A cup will be passed round among them [with a drink] from unsullied springs
37:46 clear, delightful to those who drink it:
37:47 no headiness will be in it, and they will not get drunk thereon.

It says here that wine in Jannah will be a delight to those who drink it and will not cause intoxication. Similarly food in Jannah will not cause the need to do sandaas, unless you are a fatimi ismaili dawoodi bohra. Then you will be running around looking for sandaas. :mrgreen:

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Endless Delight
Eat and drink with relish for what you did.(Surat al-Mursalat, 43)

The Qur'an announces that the people of Paradise are blessed with the finest food and various drinks. But since these people require no nourishment, we can understand that such food and drink have been created only to give pleasure.

This food resembles the food of this world. The people of Paradise will express this similarity in the following way:

Give the good news to those who believe and do right actions, that they will have Gardens with rivers flowing under them. When they are given fruit there as provision, they will say: "This is what we were given before." But they were only given a simulation of it. They will have there spouses of perfect purity, and will remain there timelessly, forever. (Surat al-Baqara, 25)
Many foods in this world address people's appetites and give pleasure by their appearance and taste. Of course Allah can easily create similar foods in Paradise to give pleasure to believers. But, unlike with earthly food, there will be no need to worry about gaining weight, cholesterol, overeating, and so on, for Allah tells them: "Eat and drink with relish for what you did" (Surat al-Mursalat, 43) Being able to eat and drink beyond any reckoning is a delightfully pleasant reward.

In order to attain Paradise, people are tested in this earthly life. Believers show great effort and zeal in order to please our Lord, for they turn to Him sincerely, thank Him continually, pray to Him, and repent of their sins. As a reward, Allah offers them the blessings of Paradise.

Read more
http://www.islamcan.com/paradise-jannah ... ight.shtml

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Bro Muslim First,

The Fatimi Ismaili Dawoodi Bohra won't be eating the food of jannah because there is no sandaas in jannah and they won't be drinking the delicious drinks of jannah because there is no mutri in jannah. How will they do istinjaa without sandaas and mutri?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:51 pm

anajmi wrote:Bro Muslim First,

The Fatimi Ismaili Dawoodi Bohra won't be eating the food of jannah because there is no sandaas in jannah and they won't be drinking the delicious drinks of jannah because there is no mutri in jannah. How will they do istinjaa without sandaas and mutri?
Br anajmi
In order to attain Paradise, people are tested in this earthly life. Believers show great effort and zeal in order to please our Lord, for they turn to Him sincerely, thank Him continually, pray to Him, and repent of their sins. As a reward, Allah offers them the blessings of Paradise.

Fatemi Ismaili Dawoodi Bohra, so called belivers (Mumin) show great deal of zeal in worashipping their "Tagut" by kadam Bosi or giving Ziafat to him and paying him Kings rensom. They worship Allah thru dead saints etc. They follow rituals of their Hindu forefathers etc. So you never know if they will be achiving paradise! But Only Allah Knows.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Well, here's to hoping that the Fatimi Ismaili Dawoodi Bohras get a jannah with a sandaas in it. :wink:

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:25 am

anajmi wrote:Well, here's to hoping that the Fatimi Ismaili Dawoodi Bohras get a jannah with a sandaas in it. :wink:
The Fatimi Ismaili Dawoodi bohras are certainly not going to a jannah with (literal) wine and food trees. So no need of a Sandas. However the gluttonous wahabis might need one, as the only pleasurable things they can think of are food,wine and sex.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:34 am

Right, Fatimi Ismaili Dawoodi Bohras won't be given literal food. They will just be shown pictures of wine and food so that they don't have to run to the sandaas. :mrgreen:

Imagine going to jannah and not being able to do the best things possible. Eat, drink and have sex. Only Fatimi Ismaili Dawoodi Bohras deserve such a jannah!!

MM Bukhari

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:49 am

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:42 pm

its disgusting that this discussion has descended to the level of the gutter. for anyone to attempt to comprehend allah's powers and reduce it to comparisons which only pathetic human understanding can grasp is doing blasphemy and insulting allah!

can you explain how a foetus survives in its mother's womb for 9 months, it receives sustenance, it grows, it feels its surroundings and is profoundly affected by its mother's emotions and actions? yet it does not pass urine or defecate, it does not speak but yet feels pain and pleasure?

many pro-abortionists believe that the foetus is not alive until its born, while anti-abortionists vehemently oppose this idea. i leave you to draw your own conclusions.

can you also explain what would be a body without a soul? would it live? what happens when a person dies? the body still exists, but does it feel any more pain or pleasure? so what conclusion follows? what was that spark of life, that unseen, incomprehensible entity which made that body alive and feeling? what was that repository of all experiences, of accumulated knowledge and wisdom handed down since generations, in our genetic make-up? what was that thirst to grasp our existence, what was that which drove us to seek a creator, to make sense of our universe?

for our puny minds to debate the fate of our souls or our existence in the after life is laughable in the extreme. quoting the quran and attempting to explain its literal meanings is a an exercise in stupidity and doomed to failure.

as sages maintain, " jis din tum apni antar atma ko samajh paoge, us din tumhari aatma us me vileen ho jaegi"

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Trying to explain simple ayahs about eating and drinking in heaven with taawil seems to be a bigger exercise in stupidity designed for idiots who cannot comprehend the simplicity of the message!!

Every ayah of the Quran is not as complicated as it is made out to be. That is what kothar wants you to believe to keep you in check. Do not fall into the "literal meaning" trap. You are smarter than this.
as sages maintain, " jis din tum apni antar atma ko samajh paoge, us din tumhari aatma us me vileen ho jaegi"
Do we take this "literally"?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:13 pm

There is an ayah in the Quran about those who die in the path of Allah and that they get sustenance from him. Why do these people need sustenance? Are they undead zombies who die but still need to feed a la resident evil?

3:169 But do not think of those that have been slain in God's cause as dead. Nay, they are alive! With their Sustainer have they their sustenance,

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:14 am

anajmi wrote:There is an ayah in the Quran about those who die in the path of Allah and that they get sustenance from him. Why do these people need sustenance? Are they undead zombies who die but still need to feed a la resident evil?

3:169 But do not think of those that have been slain in God's cause as dead. Nay, they are alive! With their Sustainer have they their sustenance,
I never said that jannah with food, sex and wine doesn't exist. You and your wahabi mulla will surely go to this jannah as you desire. We can go to ours.
@AZ, Remain a joker as is your vaunt, Doesn't suit you to be an intellectual

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 am

anajmi wrote: Every ayah of the Quran is not as complicated as it is made out to be.
Really, Is it so? Let's see: Holy Quran, Surah Al Baqara, Ayat 34 (Holy Quran 2:34)

Read translation from whichever source you deem to be authentic, then go and ask your maulvi saheb the name of the first disbeliever.

(I have already given away the hint, but in case you haven't understood the above question itself, then keep on reading the translation, each word, again and again, and even after that if you are unable to understand the question, simply ask for clarification here.)