question to shia bro

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
revertbohra

question to shia bro

Unread post by revertbohra » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

this question goes to sixfeetunder or any shia on board....

I just came to know that u guys dont wash ur feet in wudu but just rinse it, so i want to know how do u clean ur feet if they are najis? how do wudu make it up?

Human

Re: question to shia bro

Unread post by Human » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 pm

revertbohra wrote:this question goes to sixfeetunder or any shia on board....

I just came to know that u guys dont wash ur feet in wudu but just rinse it, so i want to know how do u clean ur feet if they are najis? how do wudu make it up?
Don't you always rinse your feet when doing wuzu? I grew up a dawoodi bohra, and we were taught to rinse our feet during wuzu. You wash them (with soap for hygiene) when you have a bath. Wuzu is just getting you ready for namaaz, not supposed to be overall hygienic cleaning for your body. My understanding/experience anyway.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:18 am

revertbohra wrote: I just came to know that u guys dont wash ... but just rinse it, so i want to know how do u clean ..
reverse bohra,

do you wash your arse or rinse it?

revertbohra

Unread post by revertbohra » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
revertbohra wrote: I just came to know that u guys dont wash ... but just rinse it, so i want to know how do u clean ..
reverse bohra,

I am sure munafiqs like you,lick each other arse :D

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:59 pm

revertbohra wrote:
Al Zulfiqar wrote: reverse bohra,

I am sure munafiqs like you,lick each other arse :D
reverse bohra,

that is what they teach at DABR secret sabaks. since you are a new convert, you must have been given a thorough 'grounding' from the 'base up'....

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 am

revertbohra wrote:this question goes to sixfeetunder or any shia on board....

Thank you for your question, revert bohra. I had similar questions about ithna ashari fiqh when I decided to part my ways from the Dawoodi Bohra community and align myself with the Shia Ithna Ashari faith.

When I researched, I found my answer in the Holy Qur'an, chapter 5, verse 6, which says:

SHAKIR: O you who believe! when you rise up to prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads and your feet to the ankles; and if you are under an obligation to perform a total ablution, then wash (yourselves) and if you are sick or on a journey, or one of you come from the privy, or you have touched the women, and you cannot find water, betake yourselves to pure earth and wipe your faces and your hands therewith, Allah does not desire to put on you any difficulty, but He wishes to purify you and that He may complete His favor on you, so that you may be grateful.

Please see this link for more information: http://www.al-islam.org/shiism/15.htm#_ftn148

As for the feet being najis, we wash our feet thoroughly before performing the wudu. If you go to any Ithna Ashari mosque, you will find a provision especially for washing feet.

Regards,
Sixfeetunder

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:21 am

mustafanalwalla wrote:my two cents on this topic are that Wuzoo is more ritual cleansing than anything else.

So, whether you wash them with soap and water or just sprinkle water on it, as long as you pray the dua, it should be considered to be enough, i think

Yes, if you foot has fallen in cow dung or doggie tutty, which you will often find on the streets of Bombay, then a thorough wash is highly recommended :D
True, it is ritual cleansing but the way is mentioned in the Qur'an and sunnah. If doing it anyway was okay, there was no need for the Almighty to mention the way in the Qur'an or tell his Prophet (saw) to explain it in detail to Muslims. Muslims are advised to follow one single way of the Prophet (saw) as this will ensure unity. Otherwise everyone will come up with their own way of doing wudu and argue that it is only ritual cleansing. This will lead to infighting. Small fights will lead to bigger fights. Hence, one way, One Prophet, One Qur'an, One righteous path. In spite of this there are so many sects! Imagine if ritual similarities were not there, there would be thousands of sects! Islam would be in tatters! I feel there is tremendous wisdom behind following similar rituals. We are today divided into Shias, Sunnis and Wahhabis but still the ritual similarities are overwhelming! This is the miracle of Allah through Muhammad (s.a.w) and Ali (a.s).

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 pm

sixfeetunder wrote:
the ritual similarities are overwhelming! This is the miracle of Allah through Muhammad (s.a.w) and Ali (a.s).
i have to disagree! the bohra dai disobeys the instructions of allah and ali. he has his abde bohras praying 2 rakat namaaz for him and doing sajdas to him and singing it from the rooftops. he has also made them do maatam between fards. none of the other muslims follow these rituals.