Wahabi, Salafi discussion

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Aarif

Re: Wahabi, Salafi discussion

Unread post by Aarif » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Doesn't matter what anyone says to you. Your response is exactly the same.
This sounds exactly like your definition :mrgreen:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Well, talking to you is like talking to a retard. Initially you bang your head against the wall, but then you know what to expect.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:44 pm

The biggest salafi scholar is Shaykh al-Albaani he was asked about such marriages and he disallowed it for two reasons :

(i)

That the purpose of marriage is repose as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect” [al-Room 30:21]. But this is not achieved in this kind of marriage.

(ii)

It may be decreed that the husband has children with this woman, but because he is far away from her and rarely comes to her, that will be negatively reflected in his children’s upbringing and attitude.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 am

no body here is forcing people, its an open forum people have the freedom to discuss and share their thoughts and Islamic viewpoints. Truth triumphs always. But not all people have the ego and will power to accept the truth!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:08 am

Mustafanalwala wrote
You are right. i dont own this site. Dawoodi Bohras do. And you too Sir, are our Guest. So i suggest you behave like
Last time i checked, this site is and was for Dawoodi Bohras, reformist or othrodox doesnt matter.

So, while i agree i am a guest, you dont see me strutting around and forcing my opinion down peoples throats do you?
If Prophet SAW did not strut around and try his darnest to sell Islam and in some cases force it down the throat of Jahils then you and I might stil be Kafirs.

Note : kafir is used for people who do not believe in Islam.
Bohras have yet to completely converted to Islam, that is my opinion.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:11 pm

mustafanalwalla wrote:Last time i checked, this site is and was for Dawoodi Bohras, reformist or othrodox doesnt matter.

So, while i agree i am a guest, you dont see me strutting around and forcing my opinion down peoples throats do you?
You are permitted to correct percieved falls beliefs and in Islam section any discussion on Islam is permitted.

It is incumbantant on Muslim to:

ENJOINING GOOD AND FORBIDDING EVIL

Abu Saad Khudri related that Prophet SAW said;
Whoever observes something wrong should change it with his hands. If he is unable to do so, then he should speak against it with his tongue. If he is unable to do even that, then he should at least resent it in his heart-and this is lowest level of faith. (Muslim )

Abdulla Bin Masud narrated that Prophet SAW said:
By Allah, you must enjoin good and forbid evil, you must catch hold of oppressor’s hand and give him severe warning to stick to truth, or Allah will surely set up the hearts of some of you against those of others, and then he will certainly curse you as HE cursed the children of Israel.(Related by Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi)

Abu Masud Al-Ansari narrated that Prophet SAW said:
Whoever guides someone towards good will receive the reward of one who acts upon it. (Related by Ahmed)

Asiyya bin Umayrah narrated that Prophet SAW said:
Allah does not punish the individuals for the sins of the community until they see the evil spreading among themselves, and while they have power to stop it, and do not act to do so. (Related by At-Tirmidhi)

From “A treasury of Ahadith”
Dr. Mazhar U. Kazi

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:45 am

While we may have abused the 3 Caliphs (but then again, i never have because i honestly see no logical reason to do so and it was done 1400 years ago) we atleast do not keep chanting the litany of "Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Munafiq Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Kufr Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk Shirk "
You and others like you grossly exaggerate our saying of "shirk", we only call shirk to those people who invoke others along with ALLAH swt , did we utter shirk when you posted your 100+posts?

Mushrik is a person who "shareek's" \ associates others with ALLAH swt they love others as much as they love Allah but the truth is that a true believer loves ALLAH MORE THAN anything else like ali a.s , saints etc.
hence MUSHRIK=JO ALLAH KE SAATH SHAREEK KARTA HAI KISI KO BHI
Infact the earlier Imaams also NEVER CHANTED "YA ALI madd" . The daimul Islam also prohibits it explicitly, nevertheless the satanic ego of people forces them to commit such an unpardonable sin of chanting "ya ali madd" nouzubillah!

Allah , says:

" And amongst mankind are those who take [for worship] others besides Allah, as equals [with Allah]: They love them as they should love Allah. And those who believe love Allah more [than anything else]. If only the wrongdoers could see, behold, they would see the punishment: That to Allah belongs all power, and Allah is Stern in punishment" (Qur'an 2:165)

Allah , informs us in this verse that some of mankind set up for themselves deities, saints, idols, humans which they love more than they love Allah , then He, Most Glorified explains that the Believers are stronger in their love for Allah than the polytheists because the Believers are pure and sincere in their love of Allah , Alone, while the polytheists divide their love between Allah and their false gods; and whoever was sincere in loving Allah , Alone, his love would be stronger than that of the polytheist who divides his love. Then Allah , Most Glorified promises those who associate partners with Him that when they see the punishment which He has prepared especially for them on the Day of Resurrection, they will wish that they had not associated others with Allah , either in love, or in anything else. Then they shall know, with certain knowledge that all power belongs to Allah , and that Allah is Stern in enforcing His punishment.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:05 pm

anajmi wrote:Well, talking to you is like talking to a retard. Initially you bang your head against the wall, but then you know what to expect.
After banging your head on the wall for 10,000 times you have become the best possible retard on this forum. Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your glorious achievement. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:41 pm

In the eighteenth century, the moderate version of Islam was interrupted by Wahhabism. A man named Muhammad bin Abd al Wahab of Najd in modern-day Saudi Arabia started to preach that Islam was corrupted by centuries of writings and various traditional interpretation of Islam by Islamic scholars, either Sunnis or Shias. He noticed that people in his area, who were ill-reputed for moral and religious laxity, had heterogeneous beliefs. For example, they believed that certain date trees had occult power and, in their ignorance, used to worship them. He linked them to the Sufi practice of veneration for Awliya (saints).

So, Abd al Wahab started a reform movement, and like throwing the baby out with the bath water, he and his followers not only wanted to uproot the practices of the superstitious Najdis, but they also wanted to do away with Sufism completely. They accused Sufis and Shias of committing Shirk (polytheism or associating God with people) - the most abominable sin in Islam, and therefore they deemed them apostates. They declared an all-out war on Sufis, Shias, and non-Muslims unless they would submit to their doctrines. Thousands of innocent traditional Muslims, both Shias and Sunnis, were massacred, their villages burnt down and terrified Muslims fled from the marauding Wahhabis. The Ottoman Caliphate had to send in troops to stop their massacres and the associated terror. Wahhabism also considered the Ottoman Caliphs to be non-believers since they practiced Sufism. However, the Caliph was able to subdue them eventually but not before thousands of individuals perished, their mosques, graves, and households vandalised. Detailed accounts of their atrocities were recorded by Ottoman officials and generals.

Most Muslim scholars and lay people, including Abd al Wahab's father and son, rejected this teaching. This led the Wahhabis to kill any scholar who would disagree with them. There is only one interpretation, and it is theirs. All the traditional writings during the twelve centuries before them were burnt.

Thanks to Ottoman intervention, Wahhabis remained a fringe group, but soon they made alliances with powerful tribes like Al Saud family through intermarriages. With the fall of Ottoman Caliphate, Al Saud took over Najd and the Hejaz where Mecca and Medina are situated, and what now constitutes Saudi Arabia. Wahhabism has got official recognition in Saudi Arabia.

Over time and especially since the last century, because of acquiring bad reputation, Wahhabis adopted different names to their organisations to push their ulterior agenda. These neo-Wahhabis adopted names like Salafi, Muhaddhithun, Ahle Hadis, etc., to add legitimacy and establish organisations throughout the world. They receive Saudi patronization.

Adherents of these ideologies are called Literalists since they interpret Islam literally and out of context in contradiction to the traditional contextualised interpretation of Islam and Sharia. Traditional Islam, starting from Imam Abu Hanifa, emphasises that only well-established Islamic jurist-consultants, and consensus of the scholars (Ijma) may interpret the Qur'an and Islam. But the Literalist leaders like Abul Ala Maududi of Jamaat-e-Islami and Syed Qutb of the Muslim Brotherhood became the religious scholars for these Literalist movements.

While Al-Qaeda and Taliban are patently radical in their pronouncements and actions, the not-so-strident Literalists are more nuanced in their approach but remain essentially the same. When push comes to shove, these so-called mild Islamists will act out - no holds barred. Recent history, whether in 1970's Bangladesh or 1980's Syria and Egypt, proves this point.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:41 pm

anajmi - You are like a dog
retard - you are like a dog

anajmi - you are acting like a fool
retard - you are acting like a fool

anajmi - you are a retard
retard - you are a retard.

:wink: :wink:

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:58 am

Very interesting article on Why hazrat Ali as would be called a wahhabi , if he appears today
http://gift2shias.com/2011/02/15/ali-ib ... e-wahhabi/

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 am

Allah, the Most Exalted said:

"Is not He Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him; and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any god with Allah? Little is that you remember!"

(27:62)

At- Tabarani narrates with his Isnad (chain of the narrators):

During the days of the Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) there was a hypocrite who used to harm the believers, some of them (the believers) said, "Come (support) with us while we appeal to Allah's Messenger (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) for assistance against this hypocrite." The Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) replied, "Verily, no one should seek to me for assistance. Indeed, it is Allah Who is to be sought for assistance and help."

And rasullallah said this while he was Alive and healthy. He SAW commanded that people should not come to him for help but , put their requests in the darbar of ALLAH swt alone.