Quran's Verse/s

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Peace

Quran's Verse/s

Unread post by Peace » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:25 am

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Meriful.

I am starting this thread with the purpose that we should do more research to understand the Quran, the guidance and criterion to distinguish truth and falsehood.

Surah:2 Al-Baqarah V:185
The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful. [Sahih International]

Ramadhan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur'an, as a guide to mankind, also clear (Signs) for guidance and judgment (Between right and wrong). So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (Should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you; He does not want to put to difficulties. (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful. [Abdullah Yusuf Ali]

Surah:3 Aali Imran V:7
It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding. [Sahih International]

He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding. [Abdullah Yusuf Ali]

Peace

Re: Quran's Verse/s

Unread post by Peace » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:25 am

Surah:18 Al-Khaf V:110
Say, "I am only a man like you, to whom has been revealed that your god is one God. So whoever would hope for the meeting with his Lord - let him do righteous work and not associate in the worship of his Lord anyone." [Sahih International]

Say: "I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your Allah is one Allah: whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner. [Abdullah Yusuf Ali]

We should also read whole surah to understand the context in which the verse is revealed.

May Allah show us Siraat-e-Mustaqeem and increase our level of Imaan. Ameen.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:37 am

Surah:7 Al-Araaf V:203-204
If thou bring them not a revelation, they say: "Why hast thou not got it together?" Say: "I but follow what is revealed to me from my Lord: this is (nothing but) lights from your Lord, and Guidance, and mercy, for any who have faith."

When the Qur'an is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy. [Abdullah Yusuf Ali]

May Allah show us Siraat-e-Mustaqeem and increase our level of Imaan. Ameen.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:56 am

Surah:57 Al-Hadid V:1-10

1. Whatever is in the heavens and earth exalts Allah, and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

2. His is the dominion of the heavens and earth. He gives life and causes death, and He is over all things competent.

3. He is the First and the Last, the Ascendant and the Intimate, and He is, of all things, Knowing.

4. It is He who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He knows what penetrates into the earth and what emerges from it and what descends from the heaven and what ascends therein; and He is with you wherever you are. And Allah, of what you do, is Seeing.

5. His is the dominion of the heavens and earth. And to Allah are returned [all] matters.

6. He causes the night to enter the day and causes the day to enter the night, and he is Knowing of that within the breasts.

7. Believe in Allah and His Messenger and spend out of that in which He has made you successors. For those who have believed among you and spent, there will be a great reward.

8. And why do you not believe in Allah while the Messenger invites you to believe in your Lord and He has taken your covenant, if you should [truly] be believers?

9. It is He who sends down upon His Servant [Muhammad] verses of clear evidence that He may bring you out from darknesses into the light. And indeed, Allah is to you Kind and Merciful.

10. And why do you not spend in the cause of Allah while to Allah belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth? Not equal among you are those who spent before the conquest [of Makkah] and fought [and those who did so after it]. Those are greater in degree than they who spent afterwards and fought. But to all Allah has promised the best [reward]. And Allah, with what you do, is Acquainted. [Sahih International]

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:00 am

Execellent Quran Software for PC, MAC, Linux. Quran Translations in many languages. Audio recitations also available.

http://www.zekr.org

Must have software and its free of cost.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 am

Surah:57 Al-Hadid V:20-21

20. Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.

21. Race toward forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whose width is like the width of the heavens and earth, prepared for those who believed in Allah and His messengers. That is the bounty of Allah which He gives to whom He wills, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty. [Sahih International] Zekr Quran Software 1.1.0

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:05 am

Surah: Al-Anaam V:161-165

161. Say, "Indeed, my Lord has guided me to a straight path - a correct religion - the way of Abraham, inclining toward truth. And he was not among those who associated others with Allah."

162. Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds.

163. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."

164. Say, "Is it other than Allah I should desire as a lord while He is the Lord of all things? And every soul earns not [blame] except against itself, and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you concerning that over which you used to differ."

165. And it is He who has made you successors upon the earth and has raised some of you above others in degrees [of rank] that He may try you through what He has given you. Indeed, your Lord is swift in penalty; but indeed, He is Forgiving and Merciful.
Translation: [Sahih International] Zekr Quran Software 1.1.0

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Surah:31 Luqman V:27

27. And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 am

Surah:31 Luqman V:13-26

13. And [mention, O Muhammad], when Luqman said to his son while he was instructing him, "O my son, do not associate [anything] with Allah. Indeed, association [with him] is great injustice."

14. And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.

15. But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them but accompany them in [this] world with appropriate kindness and follow the way of those who turn back to Me [in repentance]. Then to Me will be your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.

16. [And Luqman said], "O my son, indeed if wrong should be the weight of a mustard seed and should be within a rock or [anywhere] in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Indeed, Allah is Subtle and Acquainted.

17. O my son, establish prayer, enjoin what is right, forbid what is wrong, and be patient over what befalls you. Indeed, [all] that is of the matters [requiring] determination.

18. And do not turn your cheek [in contempt] toward people and do not walk through the earth exultantly. Indeed, Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful.

19. And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

20. Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

21. And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that upon which we found our fathers." Even if Satan was inviting them to the punishment of the Blaze?

22. ۞ And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold. And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.

23. And whoever has disbelieved - let not his disbelief grieve you. To Us is their return, and We will inform them of what they did. Indeed, Allah is Knowing of that within the breasts.

24. We grant them enjoyment for a little; then We will force them to a massive punishment.

25. And if you asked them, "Who created the heavens and earth?" they would surely say, "Allah." Say, "[All] praise is [due] to Allah "; but most of them do not know.

26. To Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and earth. Indeed, Allah is the Free of need, the Praiseworthy.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Surah: 49 Al-Hujuraat Verse:11

O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

Translation: [Sahih International] ‌Zekr Quran Software 1.1.0

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Surah: 83 Al-Mutaffifeen Verse: 1-9

1. Woe to those that deal in fraud,-

2. Those who, when they have to receive by measure from men, exact full measure,

3. But when they have to give by measure or weight to men, give less than due.

4. Do they not think that they will be called to account?-

5. On a Mighty Day,

6. A Day when (all) mankind will stand before the Lord of the Worlds?

7. Nay! Surely the record of the wicked is (preserved) in Sijjin.

8. And what will explain to thee what Sijjin is?

9. (There is) a Register (fully) inscribed.

Translation: [Abdullah Yusuf Ali] ‌Zekr Quran Software 1.1.0

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Surah: 14 Ibrahim Verse: 1-3

1. Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord - to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy

2. Allah, to whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And woe to the disbelievers from a severe punishment

3. The ones who prefer the worldly life over the Hereafter and avert [people] from the way of Allah, seeking to make it (seem) deviant. Those are in extreme error.

Translation: Sahih International
Zekr Quran Software 1.1.0

think

Unread post by think » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 pm

is there anywhere stated in the quran that if one prays 5 times a day that he will go to jannah. No. the quran says that jannah is for those who are righteous and stay away from evil.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:51 am

Very good Ayat. To understand whole concept, Please understand whole Quran rather than fixing oneself on selected ayaat. I myself try to do this.

Surah: 2 Al-Baqarah Verse: 177

Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

Zekr Quran Software 1.1.0

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 am

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Please note i miss to mention this link: http://www.quranabc.com/quran for all above Quran's verses' Sahih International Translation

meera

Unread post by meera » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:20 pm

وَمَا تَشَاؤُونَ إِلَّا أَن يَشَاء اللَّهُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا
Translation: (But you cannot will, unless Allah wills. Verily, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.) [76:30] How's true all this a little verse of Holy Quran gives us a wide meaning and leads us into the way of truth, way of virtues, way of reality. Just think my friends about it...

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Fri May 30, 2014 11:44 am

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

Faatir : 13
He causes the night to enter the day, and He causes the day to enter the night and has subjected the sun and the moon - each running [its course] for a specified term. That is Allah, your Lord; to Him belongs sovereignty. And those whom you invoke other than Him do not possess [as much as] the membrane of a date seed.

Faatir : 14
If you invoke them, they do not hear your supplication; and if they heard, they would not respond to you. And on the Day of Resurrection they will deny your association. And none can inform you like [one] Acquainted [with all matters].

Source: Beautiful Quran App

(Allah SWT hum sab ko taufeeq de k hum us ko khaalis ker k pukaaren or us k pukaarne me or madad maangne me koi milawat na karen. Ameen)

Please try to understand whole Quran.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:02 am

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

Al-Baqara : 215
They ask you, [O Muhammad], what they should spend. Say, "Whatever you spend of good is [to be] for parents and relatives and orphans and the needy and the traveler. And whatever you do of good - indeed, Allah is Knowing of it."

Source: Beautiful Quran App