Invitation To Join Independent Bohras

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
AliZahra

Invitation To Join Independent Bohras

Unread post by AliZahra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 am

Assalam Alaykum
Elders, Friends, Brothers & Sisters
The succession struggle and the crisis in the Dawa't, has provided me with an opportunity to choose a different path for my salvation - Our leadership has failed us and it is time to move on - Those of you believe that the morally right thing to do is to breakaway from the present system, then I invite you to join me in starting this new movement, where we can practice our faith, culture and traditions without any interference and where we will be solely guided by the Sharia't of Rasulullah (saw) and by the goodness of being the Shia's of Maulana Ali (AS) and we will also be guided by all the values of being a good human being, Insha Allah

If you are interested in this initiative, I say Ahlan Wasahlan (welcome) - Please respond to this post by simply saying "I am in" and state your country of residence and a few words of encouragement - In the next few weeks, let us monitor the response and then we can have a virtual meeting on this Forum - Please inform everyone you know, anywhere in the world, who might be interested in this initiative

The name "Independent Bohras" is an interim name and if we like it, we can keep it, otherwise we can collectively decide on another name
May Allah Subhanahu give us the himma't to be part of this initiative, Ameen

Maulana Ali (AS) said that "The Best Words Are Backed By Deeds" and in the spirit of this wise saying, I broke away, last Saturday, from the present system, as I did not wish to give Misaq to anyone, as well as for the above-mentioned reasons

I am requesting Admin. not to place this post in the "Bohras & Reforms" category but to place it in a different category that reflects this initiative

All members/visitors, please do not say anything about reforms on this post and also criticism is not acceptable - As you can clearly see this is an "Invitation" and only for those who want to join

If you have any suggestions for giving this initiative greater publicity through different platforms, let us please discuss - If you have any questions about this initiative, please free free to ask - However, I may not have all the answers or any answer for that matter, at least for now, because this is a new initiative and we will collectively give it the appropriate direction it needs

Shukran - Allah Hafiz - Fee AmanAllah

M Taha

Re: Invitation To Join Independent Bohras

Unread post by M Taha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:31 am

I am in

as far as this moment will stick with Quraan and ISLAM without any human worshiping you will find my support.

Huzaifa Muhammed from Melbourne

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:32 am

Btw it will be good to know first who you are and where you come from? what expertise or knowledge you hold about islam or bohras?

abbasb

Unread post by abbasb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:22 am

I am sure, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of like minded people that I know of who are fed up with the rituals and 'faith' forced down our throats all the time. If we can show them an alternate path where they can try and follow/practice the Islamic teachings based on their own understanding (right or wrong, each individual is responsible for his/her actions), would love to explore! Count me IN, If I see the light of the new wisdom, I'll take it further to these people.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:27 am

I would like to say just one line here... " I AM IN "...

Being_Bohra

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:15 am

i am in

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:29 am

But I would like to suggest that we can change the name to something arabic or Urdu rather than an english one.. Like for e.g Ghair In Nisaar Bohra.. (Urdu Translation of: Independent Bohra).. just a suggestion. :-)

abbasb

Unread post by abbasb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:44 am

How about 'Mustaqal Bohras' (Independent Bohras)?

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:51 am

Not bad.. Itl do just fine.. But what about others.. I see only two of us here.. I know it will take time but still.. Shouldev been more members now.. I suggest we make a new forum or portal of this name or atleast a website.. What Say?

Bohra_by_birth

Unread post by Bohra_by_birth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:05 am

Count me IN

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:11 am

I'm in.... :lol:

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:27 am

Welcome brother... Good to see the numbers increasing.. Slowly though.

abad 65

Unread post by abad 65 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 am

I am in

Being_Bohra

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:51 am

come on guys we can build our strength in numbers.....

Shafakat

Unread post by Shafakat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:53 am

I am in

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 am

Spread this thing as much as u can guys..

Being_Bohra

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:01 am

just think... all this while we have been the outsiders, it has been our loss—either by choice or by force. Let's create our own community now (ripe time) by just following the quran and sunnah.

Make peace with the fact that our community cannot be reformed. yes, there will be a considerable number of people not wanting to leave the comforts of the so-called dai created dawah. Why should it stop us from following what we know is right...

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:00 am

Exactly.. thats the idea..

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Excellent! If you don't like Bohras - you leave them... and create your own community... I've been saying this all along!

Firstly, don't get over-excited and think this place will generate thousands of followers for you - or become upset and disenchanted with the lack of numbers... like they say, from tiny acorns grow mighty oaks!

Secondly, the best thing to do is like the dude said above - start your own website, which is extremely professional and welcoming... as time goes by, it will gain a foothold and eventually reach the threshold where it goes from strength to strength! It will take time though so you'll have to be patient and dedicated...

Most importantly - you need to clearly and thoroughly define, what you do and don't believe in, and why you've come to these conclusions... if done well, this will bring over a huge number of people...

AliZahra

Unread post by AliZahra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Assalam Alaykum
Admin. sent me a private message as follows "We appreciate your interest in the welfare of bohras, but please note that this website and forum are devoted to bringing reforms within the traditional bohra fold. If you're going to campaign for a separate sect we will be reluctant to provide this platform for your cause"

In response I have this to say - On this website, under the category "Bohras and Reform", it states that "the one and only free public forum for bohras" and it further states that "But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone"

I understand "free" to mean independent and open to all views, ideas etc and "public" to mean open to everyone, Bohras and non-Bohras and "in no way restricted to Bohras alone", to mean while it is primarily a Bohra forum, others are welcome, to be a part of it, to state their views, thoughts and ideas, according to their beliefs and understanding

In another category, "Islam Today", it states that "Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity" - And it is specifically in the noble spirit of promoting the true spirit of Islam, that I am offering this initiative for those who, not only, want to understand Islam better but also wish to practice it appropriately

I sincerely hope that Admin. will uphold the values and spirit of inclusiveness and diversity - While I do not have to justify anything, I want to say in all honesty, keeping Allah (swt) as my witness, that this initiative "Invitation To Join Independent Bohras", will in the long run help the cause of the Reform Movement, Insha Allah

To those who have responded to this initiative, I say shukran JazakAllah Kheir, and thank you for the encouragement - Now, responding to M Taha, I mean Huzaifa bhai, you must be a very very bold, honest and courageous person to come out so openly, may Allah (swt) reward you abundantly for your resolve - Sorry for my "ignorance" but what is "Btw"? - I am a very ordinary Bohra and my name is Anwarali Bodalbhai and I live in the USA - I have no expertise or knowledge about Islam, except basic knowledge derived through the Holy Quran, Hadith and good books of knowledge by Maulana Ali (AS) and other scholars - I was born a Bohra some 70 years ago and am a very very proud Bohra, who values our culture and tradiitons and have understood Bohraism through "thick' and "thin" of the Dawa't and the Community - And we will be looking to someone like your goodself (Huzaifa Bhai) and others to provide the spiritual guidance and nourishment

To "silver tongue", may Allah (swt) endow your tongue with pearls of wisdom - please be patient, "Rome was not built in a day" and Allah (swt) rewards those who are patient in His cause - Yes, please bring in your best ideas for making this initiative a great success, Insha Allah - A new website is a MUST and suggest we make it a reality very soon, Insha Allah - Suggestions about the name are most welcome but let us not get bogged down with that for now, because we have much bigger milestones to achieve, Insha Allah

Please indicate your country of residence on your posts and you can contact me directly by e-mail at "anwarbodal@msn.com"

Shukran - Allah Hafiz - Fee AmanAllah
Iltimas-ud Dua

My intention, Insha Allah, oiss to offer and alternative path and I am convinced that it is only such action that will free us from the present bondage - The last 50 years did not yield any cvhange, Insha Allah the next 50 years will be very rewarding, if not for me, then for my grandchildred and furture generations

AliZahra

Unread post by AliZahra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Editing the very last paragraph
"oiss" should read "is"
"cvchange" should read "change"
"grandchildred" should read "grandchildren"
"furture" should read "future"

AliZahra

Unread post by AliZahra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Salam Being_Bohra
You could not have said it any better "Why should it stop us from following what we know is right" - Very true, it is about you , not anyone else, so do what you believe is right, guided by your conscience - On the Day of Judgement, it will be between you and your Creator, only - No one, seriously no one, can help or save you (except your good deeds) and no one can intercede on your behalf and if you have heard it otherwise, you have been terribly misguided

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Dear Brother Anwarali Bodalbhai

I am personally completekly convinced there is little change going to happen with present kothar structure in coming days, this is just a start but getting results will take many many years.

I am always happy to help when it comes to ISLAMIC values.

Mission-islam-dawah@mail.com

New

Unread post by New » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 pm

Why organize? Why not be independent, independent groups in your town, region, mohalla whatever. Organization will eventually lead to politics and corruption. Friends, families, extended families, business associates are all you need. Be liberal in your views, do not marry within, there are many many things outside of the religion. Tolerence is everything. After all we have one planet to live on. Live and let live.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:27 am

To "silver tongue", may Allah (swt) endow your tongue with pearls of wisdom - please be patient, "Rome was not built in a day"
Thankyou very much and May Allah help us to bring back the broken balance within ourselves and shower his mercy upon all of us who have taken these efforts to bring back the true teachings of his messenger Prophet Mohammed (s.a.w.w) and his Wasi Ameer Ul Mumineen Maula Ali (a.s)..

Jazakallah.

scared

Unread post by scared » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:19 pm

I want to submit my candidacy for the post of Dai for the new bohra sect.

questions

Unread post by questions » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:38 pm

I am in.
Thanks.

alam

Unread post by alam » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:53 pm

I want to exert my unequivocal right to supremacy of being Imam uz zamaan for the new Independent Bohra group

Gulaame Islaam

Unread post by Gulaame Islaam » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:24 pm

abbasb wrote:I am sure, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of like minded people that I know of who are fed up with the rituals and 'faith' forced down our throats all the time. If we can show them an alternate path where they can try and follow/practice the Islamic teachings based on their own understanding (right or wrong, each individual is responsible for his/her actions), would love to explore! Count me IN, If I see the light of the new wisdom, I'll take it further to these people.
Please count me in. I live in Illinois and I am looking for a group to be part of. Every position in the group should be elected and should have a limited time eg Imam- chosen by election every year; board members elected every 2 yrs etc. The goal of the group - to promote spiritual knowledge and growth through study and practice. The quest is individual; to become one with "God".

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:09 pm

scared wrote:I want to submit my candidacy for the post of Dai for the new bohra sect.
every muslim is dai...