VIRTUES OF Syedna UMAR A.S

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
shehzaada

VIRTUES OF Syedna UMAR A.S

Unread post by shehzaada » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Relationship to Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam: His daughter was married to Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam. During the time of his Khilaafat he had married Hazrat Ummi Kulthoom the grand-daughter of Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam and the daughter of Hazrat Sayyidina Ali (Radhiallahu Anhu) from whom Zayd bin Umar and Ruqayya bin Umar were born.
HAZRAT UMAR (RADHIALLAHU ANHU’S) SERVICE TO ISLAM IN THE ERA OF NABUWWAT
Hazrat Umar (Radhiallahu Anhu) remained in close attendance of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam at all times for seven years in Makkah Mukarammah and for ten years in Madina Munawwara.
He participated in every of the twenty seven battles with Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam and never missed a single battle.
He was the first person who raised the name of Islam in the Kaabah – The first salaat in Jama’at was read there in safety due to his accepting Islam and safeguarding the Muslims.
VIRTUES AND EXCELLENCENCES OF HAZRAT SAYYIDINA UMAR (RADHIALLAHU ANHU)
According to Hazrat Shah Waliyullah (Rahimullah Alayh) twenty seven verses of the Qur’aan were revealed that certified the opinion of Hazrat Umar (Radhiallahu Anhu)
The prophecies in Aayats: “That it (Islam) may become dominant over all religions”, and the beginning ‘Aayats of Surah Roum’ were all fulfilled in the Khilaafat and reign of Hazrat Umar Radhiallahu Anhu.
Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said: “The shaytaan leaves the road upon which Umar passes.” [Bukhaari]
Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said: “If there could be a Nabi after me, it would have been Umar.” [Tirmizi]
THE KHILAAFAT OF SAYYIDINA FAROOQ AAZAM (RADHIALLAHU ANHU)
Hazrat Umar Farooq (Radhiallahu Anhu) reigned for ten years, six months and ten days after Hazrat Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu), in which he established 2 200 000 square miles as Islamic territories and lands.
During his reign 1 036 cities and provinces were conquered, approximately 900 Jamia Masjids and 4000 ordinary Masjids were built.
The two superpowers of that time – the Roman and Persian Empire were defeated and destroyed in his era.
There was such Justice in his era, the fame of which spread in the whole world and is famous till today.
The distinguishing sign of his sovereignty was the Conquests of Iraq, Iran, Rome, Turkey and Islam spread in many non-Arab lands.
The efficient manner in which governmental departments and duties were created and handled are praised upto today by the non-muslims.
In reality, the spread, progress and establishment of our Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam’s universal religion was entrusted and fulfilled by Hazrat Umar (Radhiallahu Anhu)
MARTYRDOM (SHAHAADAT)
The people of falsehood began to fear the great conquests of Hazrat Umar, thus a Persian Abu Lulu Fayrooz attacked him and he was martyred on the 1st Muharram 24 A.H. He was buried in the Rowdha Aqdas of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.
May Allah Ta'ala grant us the ability of honouring these great Sahaba of Islam and may he enable us to follow in their pious footsteps. Ameen.

Muslim First

Re: VIRTUES OF Syedna UMAR A.S

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 pm

I was taught that A.S. Should be used for Prophets
S.A.W. For Prophet Muhammad, Last of Prophets.
R.A. For Sahabas
RH.A. For scholars and saints

I have seen SA used for Dais and Imams. They do not deserve this lofty adjective no matter how pious they are.

Wasalaam

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Hz. Umar RA was listed in "The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100:_A ... in_History

Prophet being first

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Micheal Hart on Hz Umar

‘UMAR IBN AL-KHATTAB

c. 586-644

(From “The 100, A ranking of the most influential persons in History” by Micheael H. Hart)

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab was the second, and probably the greatest of the Moslem Khalifs. He was younger contemporary of Muhammad, and like Prophet, was born in Mecca. The year of his birth is unknown, but was perhaps about 586.

‘Umar was originally one of the most bitter opponent of Muhammad and his new religion. Rather suddenly, however ‘Umar became converted to Islam, and thereafter was one of its strongest supports. (The parallel with conversation of St. Paul to Christianity is striking.) “Umar became one of closest advisor of the prophet Muhammad, and remained so throughout Muhammad’s life.

In 632, Muhammad died without having named successor. ‘Umar promptly supported the candidacy of Abu Bakr, a close associate and father-in-law of the Prophet. This avoided a power struggle and enabled Abu Bakr to be generally recognized as the first Caliph (i.e., as the “successor” of Muhammad). Abu Bakr was a successful leader, but he died after serving a caliph for only two years. He had, however, specifically named ‘Umar (who was also father-an-law of the Prophet) to succeed him, so once again power struggle was avoided. ‘Umar became caliph in 634, and retained power until 644, when he was assassinated in Medina by a Persian slave. On his deathbed, ‘Umar named a committee of six person to choose his successor, thereby again averting armed struggle for power. The committee chose Othman, the third caliph, who ruled from 644 to 656.

It was during ten years of ‘Umar’s caliphate that the most important conquests of the Arabs occurred. Not long after ‘Umar’s accession, Arab armies invaded Syria and Palestine, which at that time were part of the Byzantine Empire. At the battle of Yarmuk (636), the Arabs won crushing victory over Byzantine forces. Damascus fell the same year, and Jerusalem surrendered two years later. By 641, the Arabs had conquered all of Palestine and Syria, and were advancing into present day Turkey. In 639, Arab armies invaded Egypt, which had also been under Byzantine rule. Within three years, the Arab conquest of Egypt was complete.

Arabs attacked Iraq, at that time part of Sassanid Empire of Persians, had commenced even before ‘Umar took office. The key Arab victory, at the battle of Qadisiya (637) occurred during ‘Umar’s reign. By 641, all of Iraq was under Arab control. Nor was that all: Arab armies invaded Persia itself, and at the battle of Nehavend (642) they decisively defeated the forces of Sassanid emperor. By the time ‘Umar died, in 644, most of western Iran had been overrun. Nor had the Arab armies run out of momentum when ‘Umar died. In the East, they fairly soon completed the conquest of Persia, while in the West they continued their push across North Africa.

Just as important as the extent of ‘Umar’s conquests is their permanence. Iran, though its population became converted to Islam, eventually regained its independence from Arab rule. Bur Syria, Iraq, and Egypt never did. Those countries became thorough Arabized so to this day.

‘Umar, of course had to devise policies for the rule of the great empire that his armies had conquered. He decided that the Arabs were to be privileged military cast in the regions they had conquered, and that they should live in garrison cities, apart from the natives. The subject peoples were to pay tribute to their Moslem (largely Arabs) conquerors, but were otherwise to be left in peace. In particular, they were not to be forcibly converted to Islam. (From the above, it is clear that the Arabs conquest was more nationalist war of conquest then a holy war, although the religious aspect was certainly not lacking)

‘Umar’s achievements are impressive indeed. After Muhammad himself, he was principal figure in the spread of Islam. Without his rapid conquests, it is doubtful that Islam would be nearly as widespread today as it actually is. Furthermore, most of territory conquered during his reign has remained Arab ever since. Obviously, of course, Muhammad, who was the prime mover, should receive the bulk of the credit for those developments. But it would be grave mistake to ignore ‘Umar’s contribution. The conquest he made were not automatic consequence of the inspiration provided by Muhammad. Some expansion was bound to occur, but not to the enormous extent that it did under ‘Umar’s brilliant leadership.

It may occasion some surprise that ‘Umar-a figure virtually unknown in the west- has been ranked higher then such famous men as Charlemagne and Julius Caesar. However, the conquest made by the Arabs under ‘Umar, taking into account both their size and their duration, are substantially more important then those of either Caesar or Charlemagne.

----------
Please note: I transcribed it from the book. Any errors are mine

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 pm

I wonder what UMAR would have done if some one attacked his wife to rape her, he usually use to run from battle, would he run in this matter as well? :roll:

his follower says they must run in this situation

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9613

:mrgreen:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:50 pm

he usually use to run from battle
And this was obviously quoted by a nutcake scholar that this nutcake considers to be a scholar. :wink:

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:21 pm

anajmi wrote:
he usually use to run from battle
And this was obviously quoted by a nutcake scholar that this nutcake considers to be a scholar. :wink:
so you say UMAR didnt run from battles?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:05 pm

I am not a nutcake scholar.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:45 pm

anajmi wrote:I am not a nutcake scholar.

UMAR had a good name as sprinter to run away from battles in arabia. :wink:

dont believe me ? do ask your mosque Imam.

ROFL

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:49 pm

only shameless wahabis like anajmi can still come and show his face after all this silly fatwas from his master,but any ways its fun to kick his ass. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I really want him to stay few more years, so we can have some more fun. :D

chocoman

Unread post by chocoman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:13 am

Imam Ali (A.S) has rightly said 'Saying my name will not be easy in any era, in any century, nor in any time'
Here we are again in the midst of brittle headed people. I mean seriously you guys keep on posting virtues of of your khalifs trying hard to demand commemoration from us. Posting weak hadiths that were taken out by khawarijhs 50 years after Imam Ali (A.S) death in contradiction of the actions of your khalifs, in order to degrade the respect of Ali (A.S) from his shias.
Brother AMAFHH almost had a whole page of praises for Ali (A.S) from the sunni books then again people make a fuss about only one hadith. The history itself has repeated praised for Ali (A.S) for his devotion to Rasul (S.A.W) and yet again people are ranking Ali (A.S) amongst the other sahabas. I can never take a hadith where Rasul is ranking sahabas but however his people are doing so. You guys are welcome to post your thoughts but negativity concerning about Ali (A.S) would be a pressing matter. Where people like anajmi cant even put salam after Ali(A.S) name whereas there are phrases after their khalifs,

Whats even funny, Even bufoons like shahzada and Muslim first show their incompetency by posting deluded articles for their khalifs. Its funny that a comic like Muslim First commenting whether whom to call syedna or not. Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:35 am

He is not a nutcake scholar either. Apparently, you are the only one familiar with nutcake scholars. :wink:

shehzaada

Unread post by shehzaada » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:01 am

AS can be used for Sahabas too, you will find the same in Sahih Bukhari too, also we have in the other durood "wa sahbe.."

shehzaada

Unread post by shehzaada » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:23 am

anajmi wrote:
He is not a nutcake scholar either. Apparently, you are the only one familiar with nutcake scholars. :wink:

dont argue on this with monginis as he himself posted that only in sheer hatred of the saved sect. He just does not want to leave his bohra fold due to stockholhm syndrome , he finds his messih in khuzaima but he forgets that khuzaaimaa himself is the son of TS who is chief and the root cause of the corruption which today exists in Bohra. khuzaima has warmed up only because of self interest , he could have done many things while as a mazoon but he followed the footsteps of the pharoh and he too does and takes sajda.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:17 am

shehzaada wrote:
anajmi wrote: He is not a nutcake scholar either. Apparently, you are the only one familiar with nutcake scholars. :wink:

dont argue on this with monginis as he himself posted that only in sheer hatred of the saved sect. He just does not want to leave his bohra fold due to stockholhm syndrome , he finds his messih in khuzaima but he forgets that khuzaaimaa himself is the son of TS who is chief and the root cause of the corruption which today exists in Bohra. khuzaima has warmed up only because of self interest , he could have done many things while as a mazoon but he followed the footsteps of the pharoh and he too does and takes sajda.
abbas bhai, I dont need any saviour, I know know my deen and I am not worried about my akhirah. Alhumdolillah

but since you like to blow trumpet of your khalifas, I would suggest better do some research before posting any thing here, or else remain prepared to feel the heat.

:wink:
Last edited by monginis on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:20 am

and the award for best sprint runner goes toooooo

UMAR

Narrated Abu Qatada: We set out in the company of Allah's Apostle on the day (of the battle) of Hunain. When we faced the enemy, the Muslims retreated and I saw a pagan throwing himself over a Muslim. I turned around and came upon him from behind and hit him on the shoulder with the sword He (i.e. the pagan) came towards me and seized me so violently that I felt as if it were death itself, but death overtook him and he released me. I followed 'Umar bin Al Khattab and asked (him), "What is wrong with the people(fleeing)?" He replied, "This is the Will of Allah," After the people returned, the Prophet sat and said, "Anyone who has killed an enemy and has a proof of that, will posses his spoils." [Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 53, Hadith 370]

:mrgreen:

it was will of ALLAH that UMAR will run off the battle and now it is will of ALLAH that umar followers will allow rapists to rape their wife. LOOOL

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9613

shehzaada

Unread post by shehzaada » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:40 am

Alhamdulillah I have done the research and I know the great virtue and sacrifice of sahaba. You should fear Allah , just imagine what will be your state in akhirah you will be questioned regarding this , you have no evidence except these mushrik shia propoganda sites spreading false venom which any sane person can discern easily if he has the right knowledge,

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:52 am

shehzaada wrote:Alhamdulillah I have done the research and I know the great virtue and sacrifice of sahaba. You should fear Allah , just imagine what will be your state in akhirah you will be questioned regarding this , you have no evidence except these mushrik shia propoganda sites spreading false venom which any sane person can discern easily if he has the right knowledge,
well UMAR was just an ordinary man and if he flew away from war I dont see it surprising. (many flew away in war of hunain including umar)

problem arises when person like UMAR is compare with person like ALI ibn Abi TALIB(A.S), who didnt just shown great courage in all war but also stood firm with prophet all the time.

so simply accept this fact and move forward, no hard feelings. :wink:

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:01 am

Muslim first show their incompetency by posting deluded articles for their khalifs.
Only imbecile will think that everything posted in Islam thread is by incompetent persons.

Micheal Heart is non Muslim scholar and his book is well received.
Check this out
http://www.islamicbulletin.org/free_dow ... ential.pdf
Umar RA is listed no.52

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:43 am

Narrated Abu Qatada: We set out in the company of Allah's Apostle on the day (of the battle) of Hunain. When we faced the enemy, the Muslims retreated and I saw a pagan throwing himself over a Muslim.
So, during this battle, according to the hadith, all Muslims retreated. They retreated because they had to re-group due to disorganization within their ranks. They came back organized, and with the blessings of Allah, won the battle. This nutcake is an expert in quoting half hadiths and false truths.

And remember, the wife rape allowing scholar is a scholar only according to this nutcake. He has been condemned by everyone accept this nutcake who considers him to be a scholar.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:45 am

anajmi wrote:
Narrated Abu Qatada: We set out in the company of Allah's Apostle on the day (of the battle) of Hunain. When we faced the enemy, the Muslims retreated and I saw a pagan throwing himself over a Muslim.
So, during this battle, according to the hadith, all Muslims retreated. They retreated because they had to re-group due to disorganization within their ranks. They came back organized, and with the blessings of Allah, won the battle. This nutcake is an expert in quoting half hadiths and false truths.

And remember, the wife rape allowing scholar is a scholar only according to this nutcake. He has been condemned by everyone accept this nutcake who considers him to be a scholar.
so you agree umar fled from war? lets agree on one thing first, then I will give you fitting reply on further post. :wink:

ps - RSS agent Anajmi first disowned sunni scholar, now he disowns wahabi scholar, tomorrow he might disown his own father? :roll: lol

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:56 am

monginis you made me happy, man keep it up you give tight kicks on these asses. good work

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 am

Actually, Ali was also a part of the group that retreated. And so was the prophet Mohammed (saw). You are a nutcake, your fitting reply is good only for other nutcakes like salaar. I disown all nutcakes. Only a nutcake hangs onto other nutcakes. :wink:

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:04 am

anajmi wrote:Actually, Ali was also a part of the group that retreated. And so was the prophet Mohammed (saw). You are a nutcake, your fitting reply is good only for other nutcakes like salaar. I disown all nutcakes. Only a nutcake hangs onto other nutcakes. :wink:
nauzobillah...prophet(s) never stepped back from any war...I am so surprise you step down to such low level to satisfy your ego, shame on you.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:03 am

Actually, it was Allah's will you moron. Read the hadith one more time. The prophet (saw) did what Allah ordered, without question. He wasn't stepping back from war nor was he fleeing like you claim. They were retreating to re-organize to attack better. They did and won the battle.

You nutcakes are in a mess because you are incapable of looking at the big picture.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:09 am

The problem is that their egos are so high and they cannot accept the clear fact that the entire chain of daee were on falsehood nay adversaries to true Islam. They just want to stick to the fold following the footsteps of their forefathers.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 pm

I apologize. Upon further reading about this battle, I have discovered that the prophet (saw) stood his ground. Along with him were a few sahabas. According to ibn kathir these included, Abu Bakr (ra), Umar (ra), Ali, Al-Fadl bin `Abbas, Abu Sufyan bin Al-Harith, Ayman the son of Umm Ayman and Usamah bin Zayd.

shehzaada

Unread post by shehzaada » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:37 am

Alhamdulillah, May Allah allow us to accept the truth whereever it lies

chocoman

Unread post by chocoman » Sun May 04, 2014 5:58 pm

^^^ above theses buffoons make me laugh, indeed it's true that empty vessels makes the most noise