"WAHABISM EXPOSED!"

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
SBM

Re: "WAHABISM EXPOSED!"

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:01 am

fayyaaz wrote:
SBM wrote:And imagine 90% of Abdes/Amtes doing Maatam without knowing the significance of Maataam.and that is the fact not an assumption.
Abdes/Amtes? Is that your category? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes for a focused discussion

Ummul Bani

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:07 am

fayyaaz wrote:I started with an assumption that this forum was created to discuss Reform in the Bohra community. I notice that hardly any discussion in that area ever takes place. I asked why and decided that the participants did not have Reform uppermost in their minds but were primarily concerned with quarrels among themselves. Lines of quarrels can be identified by grouping people in distinct groups depending on their views. The categories I have outlined represent fairly the demarcations of various views.
Br Fayyaz,

No, your assumption is not wrong. There should be more discussions on reforms here and from your posts, its pretty much evident that you would want to see more of reform discussions instead of quarrels.

But then how does categorization resolve this?
Yes it will help understand the categories that people visiting here fall into but will not address the concern you raised (no discussion on reforms). And people on this forum are already aware of these categories, just a few posts and you know what category a person here would fall into.

Instead, why not break this monotony of quarrels by starting some thread on reforms and overshadowing these quarrelsome discussions yourself?

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 am

humanbeing,

That forum-members in here quarrel all the time is not an assumption. It is an observation.

I would contribute to discussion about Reform measures if you would care to discuss them. I do not see that being addressed.

Corruption, Oppression and Extortion is all around in the Bohra community. Almost all I meet complain about them. Yet everyone participates in the community. That keeps community going in its present state.

I know some very successful people. They would be anti-Bohras if they participated on this forum. They are professional and have highly educated children. God, how they rail against Amils, Kothar and Jamaat committees! Yet all of them get their children to pose for e-Jamaat cards, rush to kiss Amil's a*$e when they want to get their children married and for other important rites of passage. They are hypocrites.

In other words, they are like anti-Bohras on this forum. They roar and thunder against Kothar et al but individually they do not do anything at all. Kothar keeps getting powerful. In this scenario, how would you begin to reform them? They are not prepared to do anything. They want quiet life. They pay their dues and show their faces in Markaz several times a year.

Let me state again that I do not subscribe to Fatimid beliefs and that includes Misaq. Both Adam and anajmi have the right to their beliefs and to express them. Neither have any basis on which they can conduct a beneficial dialog. Anti-Bohras do have a basis and could change their tactics to engage Bohras in discussions about Reform. Let us wait to see if that happens.

As far as violence is concerned, I have acknowledged, and you have, as usual, missed it, that all religions, including many Muslim sects, are guilty of violence. However, only Wahhabis have as their article of faith the use of violence against Muslims of different persuasions. Just go through published articles and speeches of al-awlaki, al-zwahiri, al-baghdadi and their grand-daddy Syed Qutub. They are all available on the Internet, many in English translations.

What practical step would you recommend my anti-Bohra friends I described above to take to fight for Reform? Let me have your views. My recommendation is for them to stop being hypocrites and leave the community. In this I am in agreement with Bohras like Adam. They correctly identify anti-Bohras as hypocrites (munafiqeen) and want them to leave the community. I know that they will not do it. That is how anti-Bohras empower the Kothar.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:26 am

What practical step would you recommend my anti-Bohra friends I described above to take to fight for Reform
What practical steps can you take to ask your friends like ADAM to fight for corruption and opulent life style of SMS at the cost of Poor Bohras like Mehfuza ben and the one who was asked to quit from BANK JOB?
I have not seen a single post from you asking the Defenders of Kothari Goons like Adam-Topiwala-Noor5253 about this injustice. Where is you questioning them about Saheb E Dawat visiting the world.
Let us see your response in reforming and asking these Kothari Defenders about these corrupt practices or unless you see a WAHABI hand in these practices too.

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:44 am

SBM wrote:
What practical step would you recommend my anti-Bohra friends I described above to take to fight for Reform
What practical steps can you take to ask your friends like ADAM to fight for corruption and opulent life style of SMS at the cost of Poor Bohras like Mehfuza ben and the one who was asked to quit from BANK JOB?
I have not seen a single post from you asking the Defenders of Kothari Goons like Adam-Topiwala-Noor5253 about this injustice. Where is you questioning them about Saheb E Dawat visiting the world.
Let us see your response in reforming and asking these Kothari Defenders about these corrupt practices or unless you see a WAHABI hand in these practices too.
Why don't you ask them yourself? They are just participants here like you and me. Maybe their priority is defense against anti-Bohra hypocrites like yourself and ex-Bohras. They may not want to wash their 'dirty linen' in your presence. I personally know Bohra Jamaat Committee members who are against malpractices of Kothar and their Amils. But they do not let on in public.

You know SBM, I would prefer not to engage with you. You, like your mentor, anajmi, veer off on to a tangent and destroy the context of discussion. You are too ignorant to notice that. Just stop responding to my posts by restraining yourself.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:50 am

Here you go again.
I already asked them and if you had audacity of being unbiased and would have read my posts But here you again seems like you are infatuated with me and Anjami
I hope we do not come in your dreams like the SMB coming in the dream of Hindu Witness of Nuss :mrgreen:

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Fayyaz bhai
so what do you think about what sbm says about Mehfuza ben and also about mumin bhai who was asked to leave bank job, Adam bhai and everyone does not say anything about it, they think these are all afwah and no mumin bhai or bhen is poor.
Do you think mehfuza ben was a propaganda by reformist bohras?
what do you say about these things exposed by reformist bohras here and adam bhai and noor5253 bhai staying quiet.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:54 pm

^
Donot ask Fayyaz bhai about that because he will defend the rights of Adam and Kothari Goons to keep their mouth shut as he does not want them to wash their dirty laundry in public but he questions Reformists about their efforts to expose these atrocities. What a HYPOCRITE

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 pm

i have started a new thread under Here and Now to debate Fayyaz aka Maethist if Admin can be kind enough to move some of the posts from here to there specially the back and forth between Fayyaz and his worst nightmare Anajmi and me as well as Humanbeing

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:39 am

Fayyaz

Thanks for your explanation ! I get your point in many ways.

fayyaaz wrote: As far as violence is concerned, I have acknowledged, and you have, as usual, missed it, that all religions, including many Muslim sects, are guilty of violence. However, only Wahhabis have as their article of faith the use of violence against Muslims of different persuasions. .
I disagree, I mentioned one article of faith under misaak, where it promotes/allows/sanctions looting of property, divorce and excommunication. These diktats imply violence too indirectly. Violence is prescribed in quran, thus it become article of faith for all muslims, however some sects and then some people interpret these articles of faith related to violence to exploit their aims. Punishement for apostate, adultry, murder is stoning to death, now it is not only wahabis who follow these intrepretations, but there are many amongst shia, sunni, wahabi, Fatimid follow these. Now we cannot generalize that every wahabi, Fatimid, shia out there is violent maniac. But your argument about violence in the article of faith, then every sub set of muslims have it in their books.

fayyaaz wrote: What practical step would you recommend my anti-Bohra friends I described above to take to fight for Reform? Let me have your views. My recommendation is for them to stop being hypocrites and leave the community. In this I am in agreement with Bohras like Adam. They correctly identify anti-Bohras as hypocrites (munafiqeen) and want them to leave the community. I know that they will not do it. That is how anti-Bohras empower the Kothar.
First, I’d rather categorize anti-kothar than anti-bohra.

Second, Is that your suggestion !! well I am also not happy with Indian Government and corruption, Shall I leave India too and let go my indian citizenship ?

Third, Even if your suggestion is accepted, do you really think, kothar let go anti-kothar members peacefully ?

Ofcourse, I cannot generalize, you may have left the bohra community with peace without any backlash and there could be many more such bohra who left quietly and peacefully. But there are thousands of bohras, who wants to lead a simple life and want to be being led by a simple leader. The submission, bending, bowing and crawling you see are the abdes, programmed slaves who take pride in expressing their idiocy in guise of spirituality to cover their insecurity, fear and convenience. This is where you support these abdes and defend their right of freedom of expression on their idiocy. And I support you too. These abdes deserve what they ask for.

My arguments/defense are not for these god forsaken abdes who salivate at their master’s feet !

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:48 am

actually and generally put, there are 49 percent abdes and 51 percent not happy with the system.
if this 51 percent individually start opposing or stop paying money, kothar will go into dust.
it is this very silent 51 percent who is making kothar more powerful.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:06 am

fayyaaz wrote: What practical step would you recommend my anti-Bohra friends I described above to take to fight for Reform? Let me have your views.
First, I call these bohras, as anti-kothar and not anti-bohra the way you deceptively coined the term. Kothar is the name of the organization or family that STS started. Please correct me if I am wrong. They are supposedly the care takers of the daawat not the owners. So anyone who is against kothar is not necessarily against bohra culture and community.

Practical steps to fight for reform, are subjective to one’s situation, thinking and capacity to rebel. I suggest all kinds of approaches to tackle kothar in its own den. We can discuss many diktats of kothar and how to handle them, from financial to moral corruption. There has been threads and topics discussed on these issues. One has to search the threads rather than throw unobserved assumptions.
fayyaaz wrote: My recommendation is for them to stop being hypocrites and leave the community. In this I am in agreement with Bohras like Adam. They correctly identify anti-Bohras as hypocrites (munafiqeen) and want them to leave the community. .
Quiet eager to call anti-kothar bohra as hypocrites. What do you call kothar then ? when they abuse “ola-musalmaan” and their faith in private while they go gale-lagaavu and enjoy the publicity with them, such as Ramadan iftaar party, enjoying doctorate degree titles and chancellor positions, while they issue farmaans of not to eat from hindu hands and despise hindu-jeva-chehra. Do you consider them as hypocrites too ?

You need to re-visit your value system !

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:13 am

humanbeing,

Generally, Islam is a peaceful religion except in two cases:

1. It promotes violence against Mushriks who break treaty with Muslims. This is well known and enshrined in the beginning verses of surat 9, al-Tawbah.

2. It promotes violence against apostates as commanded in ayat 4:89

I invite you to repudiate the above. I know you will not repudiate but, like a good Muslim, defend the verses like apologist Muslims and explain the violence away through some contrived interpretation.

Turning to Wahhabis, extremists among them consider non-Wahhabis apostates and invoke 4:89 to make "their blood halal"

Extremist Bohras are like Wahhabis in that they consider those who break Misaq apostates and worthy of being punished through violence.

If you believe yourself to be a Bohra, then I invite you to repudiate Misaq in line with specific humanist value which promotes freedom to join and leave religion as one desires.

Let me now turn to my categorization. I apply them only to active participants of this forum not to Bohras at large. all anti-Boras are also anti-Kothar. But a large number of Bohras are also anti-Kothar. So there is a need to distinguish anti-Kothari Bohras from anti-Kothari anti-Bohras.

Practically, for Reform, you are wasting your time with Ex-Bohras. Your target is Bohras who clearly show signs of being anti-Kothar. One instance on this forum that I can cite is that of Zinger. He is clearly a Bohra and has expressed reservations about Kothar. He is surprisingly tolerant of hatred spewed against Bohras on this forum. Non-participating Bohras may not be so tolerant. Thus the argument to attract Bohras to take action against Kothar becomes imperative for those who desire to reform Kothar. You can start by asking anti-Bohras to change their tactics, not spew so much venom against religion like Ex-Bohras do .

You made an unacceptable comparison between leaving the a cult like Bohraism with leaving the country. Among Bohras there is little room for reform. In India you have freedom to protest. Sometimes things become intolerable and you may be forced to leave your country. That is why we have refugees among people escaping from ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:51 am

There are a few more categories to consider.

Ex-Kothar anti-bohra
Anti-Kothar ex-bohra
Ex-kothar ex-bohra
Anti-kothar anti-bohra
Anti anti-kothar kothar
Anti anti-bohra bohra
Anti anti-kothar bohra
Anti anti-bohra kothar

Then there is
Anti-kothar ex-bohra wahhabi sympathizer
Anti-kothar anti-bohra wahhabi wannabe

and finally
Pretend-atheist kothar [DELETED] bohra.

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Post moved to "This is a non-Bohra or anti-Bohra" thread under 'Bohras and Reform'

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=180

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Why some Arabs are rejecting strict interpretations of Sharia

A growing social media conversation in Arabic is calling for the implementation of Sharia, or Islamic law, to be abandoned.

Discussing religious law is a sensitive topic in many Muslim countries. But on Twitter, a hashtag which translates as "why we reject implementing Sharia" has been used 5,000 times in 24 hours. The conversation is mainly taking place in Saudi Arabia and Egypt. The debate is about whether religious law is suitable for the needs of Arab countries and modern legal systems.

Dr Alyaa Gad, an Egyptian doctor living in Switzerland, started the hashtag. "I have nothing against religion," she tells BBC Trending, but says she is against "using it as a political system". Islamists often call for legal systems to be reformed to be consistent with Sharia principles, and some want harsh interpretations of criminal punishments to be implemented. Dr Gad says she is worried about young people adopting the extremes of this kind of thinking. "You see it everywhere now, Islamic State is spreading mentally as well as physically" she told BBC Trending.

One of Dr Gad's tweets compared what action is taken against those who commit crimes under strict interpretations of Sharia to those who do so in Western societies.

A Tweet in Arabic The Tweet says: "A thief under Sharia rule has his hand cut off and becomes a burden on society - and a Norwegian criminal is rehabilitated to become a good citizen"

Many others joined in the conversation, using the hashtag, listing reasons why Arabs and Muslims should abandon Sharia. "Because there's not a single positive example of it bringing justice and equality," one man tweeted. "Because IS and Somalia and Afghanistan implement it, and we've seen the results," commented another. A few Saudis who joined the online conversation shared their experience of coming from a country that adheres to Islamic law. "In Saudi Arabia we tried implementing Sharia, and know first-hand the bitterness of being ruled by a religious power," a Saudi man living in California tweeted. And a Saudi woman commented: "By adhering to Sharia we are adhering to inhumane laws. Saudi Arabia is saturated with the blood of those executed by Sharia".

Cartoon from twitter The caption for this cartoon reads: "Marrying four [women] and underage girls and slaves is moral. But a consensual relationship between two unmarried people is immoral and against Islam".

However a large proportion of those tweeting were less critical. They argued that the problem was not religious law per se, but a flawed understanding and interpretation of it. An Egyptian living in Bahrain tweeted: "There has never been anything wrong with Sharia, but it's how we implement it". Another Egyptian commented: "There is no singular understanding of Sharia. The Muslim Brotherhood have one understanding, the Salafists have another and so do IS, Boko Haram and al-Qaeda".

Others found the hashtag to be offensive to Muslims. Dr Gad, who started it, was called a "non-believer". Another commented: "You don't want Sharia because you want homosexuality, alcohol and adultery."

Dr Gad, who has a popular YouTube channel that discusses sexuality and health issues, says she is used to this kind of reaction to the topics she initiates. She says one of the reasons she started the hashtag is because she values her right to speak out - a right she says her friends back in Egypt don't have in the same way. "If I were living in Egypt I would not be half as courageous as I am now," she says.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30181494

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:47 am

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/something-arab-winter-now/

It began with a spark, four years ago: An itinerant fruit seller, despairing of life in authoritarian Tunisia, set himself on fire and burned to death. It provoked a revolution, and the flames caught swiftly across a region that had known little but despotism since the day colonial rulers went home. The world celebrated the “Arab Spring” as evidence that the people of the Middle East, like those everywhere, yearn to be free. But time has not been kind to the optimists. After some hiccups, Tunisia is the one bright light today, with a free presidential election planned later this month. But across the Middle East, bloodshed, chaos and dashed dreams were far more often the result.

Hundreds of thousands have died, most in a ferocious and seemingly unwinnable Syrian civil war that has displaced millions, spilled over into Iraq, and threatens to destabilize other neighboring countries. Libya is an ungovernable and dangerous mess. And Islamic radicals have seized the discourse to a great extent; a US-led coalition fights them now, in Syria and Iraq. “We can expect democratic transitions to be messy, chaotic and sometimes bloody, but this is worse than even the worst expectations,” said Shadi Hamid, a Mideast expert at the Brookings Institution. The biggest and most unfortunate lesson people learned, he said, is that peaceful protest does not necessarily lead to a peaceful way forward or toward democratic transition.

Increasingly, people in the region are asking whether democracy is even a good idea in the Arab world. The question seems unfit for polite society, but it was already on the table in January 2011, as a panel of Arab finance figures considered events back home from the comfort of the World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland, its members clearly none too pleased. One recommended strong but “benevolent” leaders for the region. Another said democracy was alien to a region where patriarchal traditions dominate. A third said the public needs education lest it simply vote along tribal lines. Others saw radical Islamists swiftly bamboozling the masses.

Among the mostly Western audience, there was a palpable sense that these were the well-fed, predictably disinterested in sharing the pie. Within days, a cheering world community was riveted to screens as Egypt’s long-submissive people thronged to Cairo’s Tahrir Square, braving bullets and refusing to leave until veteran ruler Hosni Mubarak stepped down. The military forced him out in the end. But in the narrative of revolution, it was articulate young activists like Google executive Wael Ghonim who got the credit. They are not much to be seen these days in Egypt.

Instead of the liberals, an Islamist party won four elections. It badly misruled and was overthrown by the military and banned, its leaders now in jail and being handed death sentences en masse that are not likely to be carried out. Many hundreds have been killed in the suppression of street protests. Military chief Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi was elected president almost without challenge, but domestic criticism is muted now and liberal activists sit in jail. Angry jihadis blow things up and kill what soldiers they can catch.

Bringing things nearly full circle, a court last weekend acquitted Mubarak – who has been in detention since stepping down – of corruption and dropped charges of complicity in the deaths of hundreds during the revolt. It went over quietly; the people, most of all, are yearning to be free of turmoil, and to have enough to eat. It seems likely that Mubarak, 86, will soon walk free.

Four years after the self-immolation of Mohamed Bouazizi in Tunisia, here are some lessons to be learned:

The Elites Distrust the Masses
Most of the world has seen a growth in inequality in recent decades, and the educated and wealthy keep their distance from the masses in different ways almost everywhere. But in the Arab world it has long been rather extreme, and the past three years have made it worse. The Egyptian revolution enjoyed very broad support from the largely secular elites, except for people who had economic ties to the regime. Free and fair elections were the focus, much like in Eastern Europe two decades before.

But the early elections of the Arab Spring tended to elevate political Islamists, who were the only force that effectively organized politically under the authoritarian regimes. The Muslim Brotherhood won a succession of parliamentary, presidential and constitutional votes in Egypt – to the horror of most of the elites – before the military threw its leaders into jail. By now, educated Egyptians tend to have developed more complex ideas about democracy that sound like ways to keep it at bay: The people are not quite ready, as perhaps a third are illiterate; Western ideas of extreme freedom of speech are dangerous here for now; a steady building of the institutions of a civil society must come first, even if decades are required to do it right. The subtext: If the masses will elect Islamists, then democracy can wait.

Jihadis Are No Joke
The jihadis who want to export Islam by force through the region and the world were a threat before, but the past four years took it to a new level. Libya’s conflict sent heavy weapons scattering across the Mideast and war in Syria generated a new jihadi cause. Then came the banning of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt – and the support that move received in the Gulf, except for in Qatar. The Brotherhood denies any connection to terrorism but some supporters have likely given up on the ballot box.

So jihadis are at war with secular governments and moderate Muslims everywhere. It is not just the Islamic State group, imposing an extremist form of Islam in parts of Syria and Iraq; it’s also the Nusra Front and other Syrian factions with radical ideologies. Jihadis terrorize much of Libya and in Egypt’s Sinai are in rebellion. They fight the government and the Americans in Yemen. So brutal are these radicals – massacring opponents, enslaving women, and beheading captives – that they are widely seen as a greater threat than anything as tame as a corrupt and authoritarian military regime.

Monarchies Survived
Every one of the countries whose leader was toppled – Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Yemen – had been run by authoritarian civilians backed by military power. So is Syria, where war rages still. The monarchies, from Morocco to Jordan and Saudi Arabia and the neighboring United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait, were barely touched. In Bahrain, Sunni rulers did have to stamp out an attempted rebellion by majority Shiites. But in the booming Emirates, life went on for a minority of privileged citizens and an army of Westerners living fantastically well for the most part. The others, Asian itinerants mostly, went on building their towers and cleaning their streets, largely unseen and rarely heard. “You really can buy your way out of an uprising,” said Ayham Kamel, director of Middle East and North Africa with the Eurasia group in London, speaking of the Gulf monarchies.

Sunnis and Shiites, Dysfunctional Together
The current map of the central part of the Middle East – the Levant – is in good part the result of colonial powers dividing up the spoils of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire after World War I. Minimal attention was given to the region’s intra-Arab group animosities that have existed since the 7th century. This created states that are mixed between Sunnis, Shiites and other groups. To outsiders, Sunnis and Shiites differ little: the language, appearance, basic religion, social mores, and even most customs are the same.

But history has shown that where one group dominates the others are often trampled; this is the case in Sunni Saudi Arabia. Where there is some parity a chaotic struggle for primacy has generally followed: This happened in Lebanon, whose 15-year civil war ended in 1990; it is the case in Syria and Iraq today. If Islamic State’s goal was not extremist Islam but merely the creation of a Sunni zone spanning the Sunni part of Syria and Iraq, that aspect would have some support among the population.

No Palestine Spring
The Arab revolts did not spread to Palestine, but they are having a big effect. Events in Iraq and Syria make it seem not unreasonable that the Islamic State group could attack Jordan and in the future also make inroads in a Palestinian state composed almost entirely of Sunni Muslims. Palestinians tend to dismiss such fears. But Israelis listen when Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu argues it would be folly, at such a time of chaos, to pull out of territory that sits on the cusp of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.

So the occupation grinds on, and with it continues the Jewish settlement of the West Bank and east Jerusalem, each day bringing the sides closer to a single binational entity whose component pieces can no longer be ripped apart. That would be the end of the Jewish state – perhaps the most ironic potential outcome of the events sparked by a Tunisian street vendor on Dec 17, 2010. – AP

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:58 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 506926.cms

BAGHDAD: The Sunni jihadi organization Islamic State (ISIS) has justified the enslavement of non-Muslim women and children and sexual intercourse with them, not sparing even pre-pubescent girls.

This message has been propagated in an ISIS pamphlet titled "Question and Answers on Female Slaves and their Freedom", which was distributed to the people of the Iraqi city of Mosul, which the extremists control, after sunset on Friday, CNN reported on Saturday.

The pamphlet also claimed that non-Muslim women and children could be sold off and given as gifts to others.

"Most (of us) are shocked, but (we) cannot do much about it," said a resident of Mosul about the IS pamphlet.

READ ALSO: British 'Vicar of Baghdad' claims ISIS beheaded four children for refusing to convert to Islam

Many accounts of the ISIS kidnapping, selling and raping women and children have surfaced since the group began its brutal run through Syria and Iraq, according to the CNN report.

These are on top of other allegations, such as the killings of innocent civilians simply because they did not subscribe to the IS's extreme take on the Sharia law.

The ISIS militants have justified their actions, like the beheadings of journalists and aid workers, in God's name.

Even then, it is rare to see its rationale being laid out as plainly as in this pamphlet distributed in Mosul, the report noted.

READ ALSO: Life under ISIS: Captured teenage girl tells story of horrendous abuse

The document explained that capturing women is permissible if they were "non-believers". The pamphlet added that female slaves were women that Muslims took from their enemies.

Much of the pamphlet talks about the ISIS's policy on having sexual intercourse with a female slave, something that the group cites the Islamic holy text Quran to justify.

ISIS unleashes terror across Syria and Iraq.

The pamphlet lays down other rules as well and makes it clear that the captors have full control of their captives.

This document marks the most detailed, albeit not the first, justification for enslaving "non-believers", as defined by the ISIS, according to the report.

READ ALSO: Yazidi girls seized by ISIS speak out after escape

"ISIS is drawing these rulings from ancient Middle Eastern and Mediterranean codes of conduct for war and prisoners," said Abbas Barzegar, professor of religious studies at Georgia State University in the US.

"Muslim leaders and lay practitioners the world over continue to condemn the IS and find its alien interpretation of Islam grotesque and abhorrent," Barzegar noted.

None of the ISIS's rationalizations hold up however, Seton Hall University law school professor Bernard Freamon wrote on the CNN website last month.

"This argument is plainly wrong, hypocritical and astonishingly ahistorical, relying on male fantasies, inspired by stories from the days of imperial Islam," said Freamon.

Read this story in Hindi: IS ने दास बनाने और गैर मुस्लिमों से सेक्स को सही बताया

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:48 pm

Excerpts from an article :-

Bin Ladin Was One Of The Favorite Trooper of The US and Al Qaeda was its Baby.

The Arab Sheikhs and US are in cahoots and they are using the al Qaeda and off-shoots in Syria to destroy one of the most ancient country on the world.

The happenings at Baghdad, Kenya and Peshawar are the proof that the Frankenstein you create for others calls its creators also.

Origin of Al-Qaeda.
In April 1978, the People’s Democratic Party of Afghanistan (PDPA) seized power in Afghanistan in reaction to a crackdown against the party by that country’s repressive government. The new regime was committed to a radical land reform that favoured the peasants, trade union rights, an expansion of education and social services, equality for women and the separation of church and state. The PDPA also supported strengthening Afghanistan’s relationship with the Soviet Union.

These policies enraged the wealthy semi-feudal landlords, the Muslim religious establishment (many mullahs were also big landlords) and the tribal chiefs. They immediately began organizing resistance to the government’s progressive policies, under the guise of defending Islam.

The US got cold feet at the spread of Soviet influence to its allies in Pakistan, Iran and the Gulf states. So, with the complicity of Sheiks of Arabia, immediately a new army was raised and was given the name ‘mujaheddin.’ The Soviet Union withdrew from Afghanistan in 1989 and the mujaheddin captured the capital, Kabul, in 1992. Between 1978 and 1992, the US government poured at least US$6 billion (some estimates range as high as $20 billion) worth of arms, training and funds to prop up the mujaheddin factions. Other Western governments, as well as oil-rich Saudi Arabia, kicked in as much again. Wealthy Arab fanatics, like Osama bin Laden, provided millions more.

Washington’s policy in Afghanistan was shaped by US President Jimmy Carter’s national security advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, and was continued by his successors. His plan went far beyond simply forcing Soviet troops to withdraw; rather it aimed to foster an international movement to spread Islamic fanaticism into the Muslim Central Asian Soviet republics to destabilise the Soviet Union.

These tyrants are responding to a call to jihad (holy war) taken from one of Islamic fundamentalist Osama bin Laden’s notorious legacy. It was no other but Uncle Sam who gave currency to words MUJAHID and JIHAD to serve their ulterior motives against Soviet Union. It was a holy war against the “evil empire” of Soviet Union, and the clarion call was issued by US President Ronald Reagan on March 8, 1985. Before the mass murder of more than 6000 at WTC, New York and Washington on September 11, referred to Bin Laden as the “freedom fighter.”

Yet the US government still refuses to admit its central role in creating the vicious movement that spawned of Bin Laden, the Taliban and Islamic fundamentalist terrorists that plague the Arab World. The US or West’s mass media have always downplayed the origins of Bin Laden and his toxic brand of Islamic fundamentalism, the role of Saudi Arabia and other principal Gulf Kingdoms. There lies the hypocrisy. They talk of human rights around the world, they topple the governments and put the country upside down to popularize and impose their selective brand of ‘Human Right.’ They are silent for Palestine, they are silent for Bahrain and they dare not speak against Saudi Arabia where the minorities are muzzled since the creation of that nation.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Saudi rulers reconsider ties to Wahhabi clergy

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's ruling Al Saud royal family are trying to adjust their relationship with the country's strict Wahhabi school of Sunni Islam as they increasingly view the teachings of some of its ultra-conservative clergy as a domestic security threat.

Radicalisation of Muslims in the world's top oil exporter has led to domestic attacks and the involvement of Saudi citizens in jihadist movements in Iraq and Syria, while extreme religious practices have damaged efforts to boost employment.

Over the past decade the House of Saud has not only put in place measures to control clerics and their sermons, but has started to favour more modern clergy for top state positions.

Saudi rulers are also starting to reform areas once the exclusive domain of the clergy, such as education and law, and have promoted elements of national identity that have no religious component.

Saudi Arabia remains one of the most religiously conservative countries on earth, and the royal family are not cutting off the clergy or ditching Wahhabism's basic precepts, analysts and diplomats say.

They are instead attempting to foster a reading of its teachings that distances it from Islamist militants such as Islamic State, and which better meets the demands of a modern economy.

"They've been pushing for a more national Wahhabism, one that is more modern in its outlook, one that is better in terms of the kingdom's image overseas, one that is more economically suitable," said Stephane Lacroix, author of Awakening Islam, a book about religious politics in Saudi Arabia.

Spokesmen for the government could not immediately be reached for comment.

Saudi Arabia's approach to religious doctrine is important because of its symbolic position as the birthplace of Islam, while its oil exports allow it to finance Wahhabi-oriented missionary activity abroad.

ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE

The Wahhabi clergy has been close to the Al Saud dynasty since the mid 18th century, offering it Islamic legitimacy in return for control over parts of the state and a lavish religious infrastructure of mosques and universities.

"The royal family's legitimacy is mostly based on Islam. Without this, the House of Saud is weak. But, politically, religion gives them the strong legitimacy," said Mohsen al-Awaji, a prominent Islamist activist.

Traditional Wahhabi doctrine is ultra-conservative, viewing Shi'ites as heretical, arguing against interaction with non-Muslims, opposing gender mixing, imposing a strict version of Islamic law and urging resumption of early Muslim practices.

Clerical control over education contributed to Islamist extremism among young Saudis, the royal family believe, which led to domestic security problems, and produced graduates with little grasp of subjects such as maths or foreign languages.

The senior clergy -- under pressure from King Abdullah -- have denounced militant Islamic doctrines, such as those of al Qaeda or Islamic State, but they still preach intolerant views.

They hinder efforts to reform the economy by arguing against women's employment, obstructing changes in the school curriculum to encourage technical subjects and blocking legal reform.

But the government now vets clerics in Saudi Arabia's 70,000 mosques, sacking many who disseminate extremism.

"Since 2005, since King Abdullah took power, he brought new ideas for the future," said Mohammed al-Zulfa, a liberal former member of the appointed Shoura Council, which advises the government.

NATIONALISM

Meanwhile, more modern-thinking clerics are being promoted and the top clerical council has been opened up to include scholars from the other main branches of Sunni jurisprudence beyond the Hanbali school followed by Wahhabis.

That council is dominated by older conservatives such as Saleh al-Fawzan and Saleh al-Luhaidan, who once called for Muslim media owners who broadcast "depravity" to be executed.

In contrast, Mohammed al-Issa, the Justice Minister, and Abdulatif Al al-Sheikh, head of the religious police, are cited by liberals as the sort of more moderate Wahhabi cleric that reformers in the royal family want to promote.

Both have fallen foul of conservatives for trying to modernise religious institutions.

Another younger and comparatively liberal cleric, former Mecca religious police chief Ahmed al-Ghamdi, was denounced by older conservative Wahhabis this week for appearing on television with his wife, whose face was uncovered.

Meanwhile the government has promoted an alternative narrative of Saudi identity that keeps Wahhabism as a central focus, but still allows secular themes such as nationalism and cultural heritage that predates Islam to shine.

It has increased national day celebrations that were previously attacked by clerics as undermining religious feeling, and is promoting heritage sites, like the Nabatean rock temples, once seen as embarrassing in the land of Islam.

But it is not clear the whole ruling family supports efforts to reduce the influence of Wahhabism, which gives legitimacy to the Al Saud, said Lacroix.

"A lot of people in the royal family may see it as suicidal," he said.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/saudi-rulers- ... 06964.html

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:34 am

all religions who agree with democracy have to die

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 602681.cms

The first western journalist in the world to be allowed extensive access to Isis territories in Syria and Iraq has returned from the region with a warning: the group is "much stronger and much more dangerous" than anyone in the west realises.

Jurgen Todenhofer, 74, is a renowned German journalist and publicist who travelled through Turkey to Mosul, the largest city occupied by Isis, after months of negotiations with the group's leaders.

He plans to publish a summary of his "10 days in the Islamic State" on Monday, but in interviews with German-language media outlets has revealed his first impressions of what life is like under Isis.

Speaking to the website Der tz, Todenhofer revealed that he actually stayed in the same hotel in Benghazi as James Foley, the US journalist who was beheaded on camera by Isis in August.

READ ALSO: 'ISIS has killed 100 foreigners trying to quit'

"Of course, I've seen the terrible, brutal video and it was one of my main concerns during the negotiations as to how I can avoid (the same fate)," he said.

Once within Isis territory, Todenhofer said his strongest impression was "that Isis is much stronger than we think here". He said it now has "dimensions larger than the UK", and is supported by "an almost ecstatic enthusiasm that I have never encountered in any other warzone".

Jurgen Todenhofer, the German journo who returned from #IS last week, is publishing summary of his trip on Monday. pic.twitter.com/I3h9CNa8Om

— Charlie Winter (@charliewinter) December 20, 2014

"Each day, hundreds of willing fighters arrive from all over the world," he told tz. "For me it is incomprehensible."

Todenhofer claims to have been able to move among Isis fighters, observing their living conditions and equipment. On his Facebook page, he has posted images which he said show German Heckler & Koch MG3 machine guns in the hands of Isis. "Someday this German MG could be directed to us," he said.

Isis's fighters themselves sleep, he said, in barracks formed from "the shells of bombed-out houses". They number around 5,000 in Mosul, and are spread so widely that were the US to bomb them all "they would have to reduce the whole of Mosul to ruins", he said.

Todenhofer says that this ultimately means Isis cannot be beaten by Western intervention or air strikes - despite US claims last week that they have proven effective. "With every bomb that is dropped and hits a civilian, the number of terrorists increases," he said.

More photos of Jurgen Todenhofer, journalist from #Germany who just returned from visiting lands controlled by #IS pic.twitter.com/oa1ZmWgQpW

— Charlie Winter (@charliewinter) December 19, 2014

READ ALSO: Isis 'executes 150 women for refusing to marry militants' and buries them in mass graves

Speaking in a TV interview with RTL's Nachtjournal programme two days after his return to Germany last week, Todenhofer said Isis has worked hard to establish itself as a functioning state. He said it has "social welfare", a "school system", and that he was even surprised to see it has plans to provide education to girls.

Most concerning of all, he said, was Isis fighters' belief that "all religions who agree with democracy have to die".

He said the view that kept being repeated was that Isis want to "conquer the world" and all who do not believe in the group's interpretation of the Quran will be killed. The only other religions to be spared, Todenhofer said, were the "people of the book" — Jews and Christians.

"This is the largest religious cleansing strategy that has ever been planned in human history", he told RTL.

READ ALSO: ISIS justifies enslaving, having sex with non-believers: Report

Most concerning of all, he said, was Isis fighters' belief that "all religions who agree with democracy have to die".

He said the view that kept being repeated was that Isis want to "conquer the world" and all who do not believe in the group's interpretation of the Quran will be killed. The only other religions to be spared, Todenhofer said, were the "people of the book" - Jews and Christians.

"This is the largest religious cleansing strategy that has ever been planned in human history", he told RTL.

Another photo of Jurgen Todenhofer, the journalist from #Germany who just got back from 10 day trip to #IS in #Syria. pic.twitter.com/PSWQJh4LxS

— Charlie Winter (@charliewinter) December 19, 2014

Charlie Winter, a researcher for the anti-extremism thinktank Quilliam, said such comments about Isis being "a group that is formidable militarily and politically" were quoted by pro-Isis accounts because it is "a bitter pill for policymakers to swallow".

READ ALSO: British 'Vicar of Baghdad' claims ISIS beheaded four children for refusing to convert to Islam

"That said, Todenhofer's comments on the massacre of the Yazidis and displacement of hundreds of thousands in Mosul have been routinely ignored by Isis supporters," Mr Winter said. "The facts are being cherry-picked to give a very narrow view of the situation that Todenhofer was met with in Syria and Iraq."

Jurgen Todenhofer met ISIS police forces, also heavily armed child officers among them. pic.twitter.com/NXBIo17QOF

— Erasmus Institut (@Erasmus_Vogel) December 22, 2014

Todenhofer plans to use his first-hand experience of Isis in a book he is writing about the group. He says on Facebook that he has always "spoken to both sides" in his 50 years reporting from war zones, including interviews with Syria's President Bashar al-Assad and al-Qaida, with Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai and with leaders of the Taliban.

In his view, Isis will soon come to the west to negotiate a level of co-existence. "The only ones who could stop this now are the moderate Iraqi Sunnis," he said, adding: "If you want to defeat an opponent, you must know him."

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:33 am

'Kill infidels or they'll rape your mother'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 664478.cms

BAGHDAD: Before war convulsed his hometown in Syria, Usaid Barho played soccer, loved Jackie Chan movies and adored the beautiful Lebanese pop singer Nancy Ajram. He dreamed of attending college and becoming a doctor.

His life, to say the least, took a detour.

On a recent evening in Baghdad, Usaid, who is 14, approached the gate of a Shiite mosque, unzipped his jacket to show a vest of explosives, and surrendered himself to the guards.

"They seduced us to join the caliphate," he said several days later in an interview at a secret Iraqi intelligence site where he is being held.

Usaid described how he had been recruited by the Sunni extremists of the Islamic State from a mosque in his hometown, Manbij, near Aleppo. He said he joined the group willingly because "I believed in Islam."

"They planted the idea in me that Shiites are infidels and we had to kill them," he said in the interview, which took place in the presence of an Iraqi intelligence official.

If he did not fight, he was told, Shiites would come and rape his mother.

He soon found himself in Iraq, but he quickly had misgivings and wanted to escape. His best chance, he decided, was a risky deception: volunteer to be a suicide bomber so he could surrender to security forces.

The wars in Syria and Iraq have set grim new standards for the exploitation and abuse of children. Thousands of them have been killed or maimed through indiscriminate bombings, in crossfire and, in some cases, executions. Young girls from minority groups, especially Yazidis in Iraq, have been captured as sex slaves by the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL. Young boys have been given rifles and told to staff checkpoints or patrol neighborhoods — or have been recruited, as Usaid was, to become suicide bombers.

In the areas it controls in Iraq and Syria, the Islamic State has established centers for the military and religious training of children, in an effort to indoctrinate them and build a new generation of warriors.

One of the group's videos, depicting a camp near Mosul, in northern Iraq, calls the children the "cubs of the caliphate." At the camp — named for the brutal leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed by an American airstrike in 2006 — children are shown doing physical fitness exercises and reciting the Quran, while an instructor explains that they are being trained to fight "hate-filled Shiites."

The United Nations wrote in a report last month that "ISIS prioritizes children as a vehicle for ensuring long-term loyalty, adherence to their ideology and a cadre of devoted fighters that will see violence as a way of life."

The United Nations has released a catalog of horrors inflicted on children by the Islamic State. In Raqqa, Syria, the militants' de facto capital, the group has gathered children for screenings of execution videos. It has forced children to participate in public stonings. And in many of the group's grisly execution videos, children are seen among the audience. (Usaid said that his parents did not allow him to attend the public executions in his town, typically held after Friday Prayer.)

Continue reading the main story

In the aftermath of one videotaped beheading in Deir al-Zour, Syria, children are seen playing with the victim's head and mocking the corpse, according to the SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors the communications of extremist groups.

Referring to past wars and the role of children, Laurent Chapuis, the regional child protection adviser for the Middle East and North Africa for the United Nations Children's Fund, or Unicef, said: "When it comes to recruitment, in the past, kids were predominantly supporters — messengers or spies. It seems now they are pushed to take a more active role."

Mr. Chapuis said that all parties in the wars, including pro-government militias in both countries, were guilty of abuses of children. What sets the Islamic State apart, he said, is how "public and aggressive" they are in their exploitation.

Usaid's account of how he went from a Syrian childhood that he said was not particularly religious to become a jihadist held in an Iraqi cell is one of the few firsthand accounts from an Islamic State child soldier turned defector.

The Iraqi authorities have increasingly showcased Islamic State detainees to the public, as part of a strategy to demonstrate that the government is making progress in the fight, although they have not typically made detainees available for interviews with journalists. The details of Usaid's personal background could not be independently verified, but his surrender at the mosque gate was captured on cellphone video by a bystander.

First, after the Islamic State took control of his town, Usaid was drawn to the local mosque. "We started being taught that Shiites were raping Sunni women, and that Shiites were killing Sunni men," he said.

He now says he was brainwashed. But he admitted that he willingly ran away from home one morning on his way to school and joined a training camp in the desert. For about a month, he was put through military training, and he was taught how to shoot an assault rifle and how to storm a building. He had two meals a day, mostly cheese and eggs.

Soon, though, he said, "I noticed things I saw that were different from Islam."

Back home he saw the group inflict severe punishments on men who were caught smoking cigarettes, yet in the camp, he said, he saw fighters smoking. He said he saw men having sex with other men behind the tents in the desert night. And, he said, he was increasingly put off by "the way they are killing innocent people."

At the end of the training, he was told his trainers wanted him to go fight in Iraq. He was driven, with other new fighters, in a minibus to Mosul.

There, the recruits were given a choice: be a fighter or a suicide bomber.

"I raised my hand to be a suicide bomber," he said. That, he figured, would give him the best chance at defecting.

"If I were a fighter and tried to surrender to security forces they might kill me, with my gun in my hand," he said.

Within a few days, he was taken, along with a German volunteer, on a circuitous journey to Baghdad. He said he was passed from one Islamic State operative to another and stayed at various safe houses along the way — including a photography studio and a house covered by reeds. He spent a week in Falluja, waiting. Finally, he arrived in the early morning at an apartment in Baghdad, where he had tea and kebabs for breakfast.

Continue reading the main story Continue reading the main story

Continue reading the main story

He was shuttled to another apartment, where he took a nap. Two hours later, he was shaken awake.

"Wake up, wake up, it is time to put your vest on," he was told.

He was given his target: a Shiite mosque in the neighborhood of Bayaa.

A few hours later, at dusk, he walked up to the mosque gate.

"I opened up my jacket and said, 'I have a suicide vest, but I don't want to blow myself up.' "

The chaotic scene that unfolded, as a plainclothes officer snipped off the vest, was captured on cellphone video by a bystander and distributed over social media. "Keep the people away!" one officer yelled.

What happens now to Usaid is unclear. He said he wanted to be reunited with his family in Syria, but the Iraqi authorities have not tried to reach them. The intelligence officer who has been interrogating him said he needed more time to investigate the case.

During the interview, the officer playfully tapped Usaid on the knee and the top of his head, and urged him to eat baklava. "Eat more sweets, they are good for you," he said.

Usaid said he still planned to become a doctor, and hoped to study in Turkey. He said that he missed his mother, and that the Iraqis had promised to return him to his parents one day.

Before the war, he said: "We were a normal family. It was just a normal life."

Whether he has a chance at a normal life again depends, in part, on how the Iraqis treat him: as a terrorist or as an exploited child.

During the interview, Usaid was dressed in a gray sweatshirt and cargo pants, and he was not handcuffed. A few days later, though, he appeared on state television in handcuffs and a yellow prison jumpsuit. The television host labeled him a terrorist, and he was made to re-enact his surrender.

Yet Saad Maan, the spokesman for both the Interior Ministry and the Baghdad Operations Command, appeared on Tuesday on state television and described Usaid as a victim of the Islamic State.

And the intelligence officer who has been interrogating Usaid, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the secretive nature of his work, said he and other intelligence agents would oppose any efforts to prosecute Usaid.

"Even if he was brought to court, we would be on his side, because he saved lives," he said.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:42 pm

How Saudi Wahhabism Is the Fountainhead of Islamist Terrorism

The horrific terrorist attacks on the Charlie Hebdo weekly in Paris have led to speculation as to whether the killers -- the brothers Chérif and Saïd Kouachi -- were lone wolves or tied to masterminds in ISIS or its rival, Al-Qaeda. Although Al-Qaeda in Yemen has taken credit for the attack, it is unclear how closely the affiliate actually directed the operation. No matter which organizational connections (if any) ultimately prove to be real, one thing is clear: the fountainhead of Islamic extremism that promotes and legitimizes such violence lies with the fanatical "Wahhabi" strain of Islam centered in Saudi Arabia. And if the world wants to tamp down and eliminate such violent extremism, it must confront this primary host and facilitator.

Perversely, while the Saudi Ambassador to Lebanon Ali Awad Asiri took part in a "Je suis Charlie" solidarity rally in Beirut following the Paris attacks, back home the Saudi blogger Raif Badawi received the first 50 of 1,000 lashes he is due each Friday over the next 20 weeks. His crime? Running a liberal website promoting the freedom of speech. (Thankfully, in recent days it seems the Saudi authorities have buckled to international pressure and suspended the sentence.)

It would be troublesome but perhaps acceptable for the House of Saud to promote the intolerant and extremist Wahhabi creed just domestically. But, unfortunately, for decades the Saudis have also lavishly financed its propagation abroad. Exact numbers are not known, but it is thought that more than $100 billion have been spent on exporting fanatical Wahhabism to various much poorer Muslim nations worldwide over the past three decades. It might well be twice that number. By comparison, the Soviets spent about $7 billion spreading communism worldwide in the 70 years from 1921 and 1991.

This appears to be a monumental campaign to bulldoze the more moderate strains of Islam, and replace them with the theo-fascist Saudi variety. Despite being well aware of the issue, Western powers continue to coddle the Saudis or, at most, protest meekly from time to time.

For instance, a Wikileaks cable clearly quotes then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton saying "donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide." She continues: "More needs to be done since Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for al-Qaeda, the Taliban, LeT and other terrorist groups." And it's not just the Saudis: Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates are also implicated in the memo. Other cables released by Wikileaks outline how Saudi front companies are also used to fund terrorism abroad.

Evidently, the situation has not improved since Hillary Clinton was secretary of state. Late last year, Vice President Biden caused a stir by undiplomatically speaking the truth at an event at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, saying:

"Our allies in the region were our largest problem in Syria. The Turks were great friends... [and] the Saudis, the Emirates, etcetera. What were they doing?.... They poured hundreds of millions of dollars and tens of tons of weapons into anyone who would fight against Assad -- except that the people who were being supplied, [they] were al-Nusra, and al-Qaeda, and the extremist elements of jihadis who were coming from other parts of the world."

More recently, the Saudi role in promoting extremism has come under renewed scrutiny. Calls for declassifying the redacted 28 pages of the 9/11 congressional commission have been getting stronger. And statements from the lead author of the report, former Florida Sen. Bob Graham, suggest they are being hidden because they "point a very strong finger at Saudi Arabia as the principal financier" of the 9/11 hijackers. He has been unusually explicit, "Saudi Arabia has not stopped its interest in spreading extreme Wahhabism. ISIS...is a product of Saudi ideals, Saudi money and Saudi organizational support, although now they are making a pretense of being very anti-ISIS."

In fact, Saudi blogger Raif Badawi's wife, Ensaf Haidar, made a similar observation about her husband's flogging: "the Saudi government is behaving like Daesh [a derogatory Arabic term for ISIS]." About 2,500 Saudis are thought to be in ISIS' ranks.

Ensaf Haidar's quip exposes a deeper truth. One could reasonably argue that the House of Saud is simply a more established and diplomatic version of ISIS. It shares the extremist Wahhabi theo-fascism, the lack of human rights, intolerance, violent beheadings etc. -- but with nicer buildings and roads. If ISIS were ever to become an established state, after a few decades one imagines it might resemble Saudi Arabia.

How does Saudi Arabia go about spreading extremism? The extremist agenda is not always clearly government-sanctioned, but in monarchies where the government money is spread around to various princes, there is little accountability for what the royal family does with their government funds. Much of the funding is via charitable organizations and is not military-related.

The money goes to constructing and operating mosques and madrassas that preach radical Wahhabism. The money also goes to training imams; media outreach and publishing; distribution of Wahhabi textbooks, and endowments to universities and cultural centers. A cable released by Wikileaks explains, regarding just one region of Pakistan:

Government and non-governmental sources claimed that financial support estimated at nearly 100 million USD annually was making its way to Deobandi and Ahl-e-Hadith clerics in the region from "missionary" and "Islamic charitable" organizations in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates ostensibly with the direct support of those governments.

Although the Wahhabi curriculum was modified after the 9/11 attacks, it remains backward and intolerant. Freedom House published a report on the revised curriculum, concluding that it "continues to propagate an ideology of hate toward the 'unbeliever,' which include Christians, Jews, Shiites, Sufis, Sunni Muslims who do not follow Wahhabi doctrine, Hindus, atheists and others." This is taught not only domestically but also enthusiastically exported abroad.

Of course, initially there was complicity with the U.S. and Pakistan in promoting this ideology to counter the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. In addition to the radical indoctrination, thousands of volunteer jihadis from Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries were also dispatched to fight alongside the mujahideen in Afghanistan. But it remains a complicated problem to this day because the politicians in the poor countries getting the Saudi and Gulf-Arab funds approve these extremist madrassas in part because the local authorities likely receive kickbacks.

In many places in poor Muslim countries the choice is now between going to an extremist madrassa or getting no education at all. Poverty is exploited to promote extremism. The affected areas include Pakistan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, India and parts of Africa. The same Wikileaks cable explains:

The network reportedly exploited worsening poverty in these areas of the province to recruit children into the divisions' growing Deobandi and Ahl-eHadith madrassa network from which they were indoctrinated into jihadi philosophy, deployed to regional training/indoctrination centers, and ultimately sent to terrorist training camps in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).

The more tolerant indigenous versions of Islam cannot survive in the face of the tsunami of money being poured into promoting theo-fascist Wahhabism. This is a major problem that the Muslim world must urgently address.

But it is also a problem where the West can help by stopping its historical pandering and support of Middle East tyrants who spread this extremism. The most fundamental way to make the message clear to the House of Saud would be to threaten to stop buying oil from them. Given the relatively cheap oil prices these days it need not be an empty threat.

Eliminating the occasional militant leaders in drone and special-forces strikes is of limited use in reducing extremism if millions of radicals are being actively trained in Wahhabi madrassas across the Muslim world.

The fight against ISIS and Al-Qaeda is deeply ironic since these organizations were created and are sustained, in part, by funds we hand over to the Saudis and Gulf Arab nations to purchase their oil. And while France mourns its cartoonists and police officers, the French government is busy signing military and nuclear deals worth billions with the Saudis. If we continue down this road, it may well be a never-ending war.

The House of Saud works against the best interests of the West and the Muslim world. Muslim communities worldwide certainly need to eradicate fanatical Wahhabism from their midst, but this will be difficult, if not impossible, to accomplish if the West continues its support of the House of Saud. The monarchy must be modernized and modified -- or simply uprooted and replaced. The House of Saud needs a thorough house cleaning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-yousaf ... l?ir=India

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks for sharing this eye-opening article.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Has any Muslim country pleaded to Saudi Govt. about the punishment meted out to the blogger? I wonder how the poor chap is doing. These are very heartless people, worst than animals. Couldn't they have jailed him for life or something similar. Why this cruel and inhuman punishment.

I wonder what kind of sick people would whip a human being. How can a human being, or better still a Muslim, apply for such a cruel job. Sickos!

Does the King, Princes ever rise and think of this poor man's fate every Friday. I bet not.

Can the guy not have been pardoned after the first 50 lashes?

World has moved on but these idiots are still living in the past.

Does the Qur'an sanction such cruel punishment, including stoning?

Can somebody tell me if the Prophet SAW was alive today, would he have done the same?

araz5253

Unread post by araz5253 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Yes , stoning for adultery is sanctioned by Quran as well as bible.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:48 pm

KA786110

Unread post by KA786110 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:50 pm

LOL. Nice capture. But to their defense they are probably offering Fateha (a prayer) for the deceased. Granted that they frown upon such practices by other non-Salafi and non-Wahabi muslims.

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:26 am

Open Letter to Dr. Zakir Naik

Dear Dr. Zakir Naik,
As salaam alaya kum wa rehmatullah barakatuhu
DID you watch PK…its an Bollywood movie, its a satire about the Managers of religion (Religious Heads)…Directed by Raju Hirani; Produced by; Vindo Vinod Chopra and acted by Aamir Khan.
The movie is about an alien (Aamir Khan), who is an astronaut on a mission to research about planet Earth, but his first encounter with the human being is that he is robbed of his only possession, a remote control which is in locket form. Now the problem is he cannot go back to his space ship, and cannot ever return back home. So he has to search for his locket but during his ordeal, he is introduced to God “Bhagwan”…As he is alien he is struggling to know which Bhagwan he should follow to get back his remote control…The movie is hilarious, as his journey progresses..he more exposed to Managers of Religion…
But I want to draw your attention through this movie, as MashaAllah your goodself is President of Islamic Research Foundation and Founder of Peace TV. You have achieved so much recognition, fame and success in the Apologetic Religious Talk format.
These are the points I would like to raise with you, tried contacting you, I called IRF couple of times, spoke to one of your staff and explained the following issues that You and IRF should take into consideration. I sent message on Facebook, emailed you, but guess what the person who can answer every question put forth by audience didn’t answer my email, FB post or call…
These are the following points:
(1.) Your picture is part of every message sent out by IRF, whether is social media, Peace TV, video or Television commercial. Your modeling is not a problem, but the problem arises, when your image gets bigger than the Holy Quran/Hadith Quotation. Anyways in Islam there is no idol worship (Idol image like celebrity image for fan following) and there is no picture of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), and even the Sahaba, Taabeein and Islamic historical leaders refrained from getting their images painted….so the question arises why is your picture so prominent than the message of Quran Majeed /Hadith Shareef. But the most important is what you preach is what one should practice…. In all your lectures you quote Yajurveda 32:3) “Na tasya pratima asti” “There is no image of Him”.and you preach not do idol worship; but think about so many images of you are created..
I’m an advertising professional, even from professional viewpoint your image doesn’t justify with design and Quran Majeed /Hadith Shareef quotation…
Please read the highlighted Hadith Shareef about Preaching, what you practice…
Anas relates that, “We asked the Prophet, ‘O Messenger of Allah, shouldn’t we refrain from calling others to goodness if we don’t practice all good things ourselves, and shouldn’t we refrain from forbidding wrong things until we ourselves have abstained from all the bad?’ ‘No,’ he replied, ‘You should call others to goodness even if you don’t do all good, and you should forbid bad things even if you don’t abstain from all of them yourselves.’” (Al Tabarani)
The first step in da’wah is to give da’wah to the self. This means that a Muslim must imbibe the spirit of Islam in his or her heart and mind. It certainly would not be enough to say, “Read this or that,” however, for learning to surrender yourself to your natural inclination (fitra) is a task that requires the strength of the entire individual; not just a book and a few hours reading time.
(2.) Your organization is established as Not for Profit, which means it is community based and community owned organization.
But it seems the way your Branding is done it reminds me of the Yogi Baba from PK movie, his image is branded on everything…plus he wants his followers to by stuff from him, you do the same thing…in all your lectures you want to sell your DVDS…
If an organization is a Not for Profit or community owned organization, than they should be accountable to every action and feedback…So when it is donation or fundraising time…IRF outreaches to the community, when community has a problem or issue, IRF doesn’t respond. Hence there is a problem of accountability….
Please read the highlighted life Abu Hurairah (May Allah swt be pleased with him) this is a benchmark for responsibility towards Public funds.
Abu Hurairah (May Allah swt be pleased with him) led the life of a worshiper and fighter. He did not miss a battle or a pious deed. During the caliphate of `Umar lbn Al-Khattaab (May Allah swt be pleased with him), he made him governor of Bahrain. `Umar, as we know, used to call his rulers sternly to account. If he made one of them governor when he had two garments, on the day he ceased to govern, he should still own no more than those two garments, and it would be better to leave office with only one ! But if he left office with any display of wealth,he would not escape `Umar’s reckoning, even if the source of his fortune was halaal. It was another world that `Umar filled with wonders and miracles.When Abu Hurairah was made governor of Bahrain, he saved some money from halaal sources However, Umar knew and invited him to Al-Madiinah. Let Abu Hurairah narrate the quick conversation that took place betweenthem: `Umar said to me, “O the enemy of Allah and His Book, did you stealthe money of Allah?” I said, “I am not the enemy of Allah or His Book. Iam the enemy of their enemy. Besides, I am not the one who steals the moneyof Allah!” He said, “Then how did you gather 10,000?” I said, “I had a horsethat had foaled repeatedly.” `Umar said, “Put it (the money) in the Bait Al-Maal (the treasury).” Abu Hurairah gave the money to `Umar and raised his hands towards the sky saying, “O Allah, forgive the Commander of the Faithful.” After a while `Umar called Abu Hurairah and offered him the governorship again. However, he refused and apologized. `Umar asked why. Abu Hurairah said, “So that my honor would not be at stake, my money would not be taken, and my back would not be beaten.” He added, “I’m afraid I would judge without knowledge or speak without patience.”
(3.) Donations, Fundraising….and Dawaah…
Many organizations misquote Contribution to Donation…in Islam it is mandatory to contribute to good causes such as Building Masjid.
Majority of the religious leaders set up a foundation proclaiming that it is set-up to help the community or any religious activity such as Dawaah ….and start fundraising campaign…It is good for the organization to raise money in the name of religion and the donor also gets benefits by showcasing himself to the community and take a tax credit from their taxes.
Since the advent of Islam and till the current age, did Islamic Scholars or Daai collect money for Dawaah…?. The answer is No. Please research across the globe and islamic history you wont find anyone Daai used fundraising for Dawaah in the past…In fact Hadrat Moinuddin Chisty (Khawja Gareeb Nawaz), when he immigrated to Ajmer, India, he never did fundraising…his humanity work, by feeding poor, teaching, medical treatment etc helped him love and respect, even till now people talk about him. But some sections of the Muslim community, would say we won’t believe in Saint worship, but here I’m not talking about Saint worship, we are respecting someone’s good work…
Even if you look at Islamic history only on emergency level the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), asked the As’Shaab for contributions, there was no begging, people who contributed they did’nt look at taking a TAX Credit from their taxes, but their sole intention was good…People competed to earn the Hasna not to showcase who is the rich guy…
Islam talks about taking care of the community starting with your neighbors…Instead of making a donation to an organization, which beams the President image, I would rather give my donation to my poor neighbor, even though they are not following Islam, because loving and taking care of your neighbor, community and countrymen is the most important duty according to Islam .
The BEST Dawaah…is through good actions…
There are instances in the Traditions of the Prophet (Pbuh), emphasizing the importance of good neighbourliness:There are two other sayings of the Prophet (Pbuh) more relevant in this context: “He is not a Believer (Mu’min) who eats to his heart’s content while his neighbor is without food”.“While preparing gravy for food, some water be added if necessary, to dilute the dish so that the neighbor’s need could be satisfied”.
The following extract from the narration of Abdullah bin Mubarak (RAl) is a feast for our thought:There lived a cobbler who was very poor. He was a pious man had a great desire to go for the Hajj pilgrimage. He reduced his household expenses and began to save from his daily income in order to fulfill his desire. As days passed: his daily savings became a sizable amount of 300 dirhams sufficient for his pilgrimage. He started preparing for the journey.At this time, his wife was pregnant wished to have some tasty food. She felt the smell of food that was under preparation in her neighbor’s house. She requested her husband to get a little food for her from the neighbor. The cobbler went to the neighbor and was shocked to find that the neighbor was cooking the flesh of a dead donkey. The neighbour explained that his family was without food for some days. His children could not bear the pang of hunger. He had no money either to buy or to prepare food for his family. He could find no other way to satisfy their hunger. He had therefore, taken this extreme step. On hearing this, the cobbler was very much moved and took pity on his house: picked the money that he had saved for his pilgrimage and gave it to the neighbor. The cobbler told his neighbor to make use of the money to feed all the members of his family and to free themselves from starvation in future. The neighbor was very much pleased: so was the cobbler.Now the cobbler could not fulfill his long desire of performing Hajj. He had given away his entire savings to the neighbor. Allah, the Almighty knew the real intention of the cobbler to perform Hajj: the efforts he had taken to save money for the purpose and the great sacrifice he had done to free his neighbor from hunger.The Merciful Allah , was very much pleased with the conduct of this poor cobbler and granted him the reward of ACCEPTED HAJ, though the cobbler could not actually undertake journey to Makkah and perform the Hajj.
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) encouraged people to embark on business. Islam encourages work in general, and trade and commerce in particular. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was himself engaged in this profession before he became a prophet. He was a successful businessman. Known for integrity, he bore the title, “The Trustworthy”.The Quran states: “God has made business lawful for you”. So Islam encourages people to be part of commercial activity, which benefits individual, team, community and country…
Begging
Every man who shall beg, in order to increase his property, God will diminish it.
Verily God loveth a Muslim with a family, who is poor, and witholdeth himself from the unlawful and from begging.
Whoso openeth unto himself the door of begging, God will open unto him the door of poverty.
Verily it is better for any of you to take your rope and bring a bundle of wood upon your back and sell it, in which case God guardeth your honor than to beg of people, whether they give or not; if they do not give, your reputation suffereth, and you return disappointed; and if they give, it is worse than that, for it layeth you under obligation.
Whoever hath food for a day and a night, it is prohibited for him to beg.
Verily it is not right for the rich to ask, nor for a strong, robust person; but it is allowed for the indigent and the infirm.
“May I beg from people, O Messenger of God, when necessitous?” Muhammad said, “Do not beg unless absolutely compelled, then only from the virtuous.”
(4.) Not for Profit and Leadership…
If the organization is established as a Not for Profit, than the founder should have other people also take leadership roles….But in your case IRF is Dr.Zakir Naik and Dr.Zakir Naik is IRF…In Islam there is no family succession, but since few days Fariq Naik is promoted heavily, MashaAllah he is good…but it seems he is groomed for future leadership of IRF…
(5.) Debate, Apologetics
If we look at the following Hadith, TV debates are not part of Islamic way of life…Instead of debates we should feed the hungry, uplift the weak, educate, provide healthcare, this would help us here and also hereafter…
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: “Whoever does not argue when he is in the wrong will have a home built for him on the edge of Paradise. Whoever avoids it when he in the right will have a home built for him in the middle of Paradise. And whoever improves his own character, a home will be built for him in the highest part of Paradise.” [Tirmidhi]
Arguing with people is strongly discouraged in Islam. We are to state our point of view and then leave it at that. Nor are we to involve ourselves in matters that do not affect a person’s deen. Note that a person is to shun argument whether he is in the right or whether his stand is wrong. Both get houses built for them in Paradise. But since the person who knows that he is right finds it more difficult to leave the argument and let things be, he/she is promised a greater reward.
Arguing with people rarely gets anyone to change their minds. It usually only produces defensiveness and creates ill feelings between people.
Dr. Naik, this open letter is a feedback, take it in the spirit of Islam…we all should follow our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), he was kind humble, peace loving, he never argued with other religions.
I have established a community Social Enterprise project in the USA called “Muslim Spelling Bee Competition”, we don’t take donations, we want students, parents, teachers and community to participate. In our project we encourage poor children to participate and we offer them fee waiver. We encourage our the host schools to have a bazaar on the day of regional Muslim Spelling Bee competition, where local vendors can earn Halal income, the school can earn Halal income by selling vendor space and food…We call this social enterprise…This project has achieved great milestones through hardwork of every one…We are on Ummah…We do this by saying “Connecting Communities Through Education…We have non muslim students also enrolled, they can see us in a better way, hence peace prevails…
I tried to best of my knowledge to highlight my points, I’m a human being, if I have
made a mistake forgive, also highlight my mistake so I will not repeat again…
P.S. — Generally I don’t take pictures, these are the ones from private collection, we felt our readers should recognize the person, who wrote the article. If Dr.Naik asks me to remove my picture, I would be happy to do it…or any other reader says, I should remove my picture, I would be happy to do it…
Before I conclude my Open Letter, I would like to make dua to Allah swt, that during the Blessed month of Rabi Ul Awal, the month in which our beloved Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him was born, to forgive our sins and make us a better Muslim…
Alhumduillah, I’m proud to be an Indian Muslim and I want my country and countrymen to prosper…

http://muslimmirror.com/eng/open-letter ... akir-naik/

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Who Should be Blamed for Muslim Terrorism?

The West is Manufacturing Muslim Monsters

A hundred years ago, it would have been unimaginable to have a pair of Muslim men enter a cafe or a public transportation vehicle, and then blow themselves up, killing dozens. Or to massacre the staff of a satirical magazine in Paris! Things like that were simply not done.

Almost all radical movements in today’s Islam, anywhere in the world, are tied to Wahhabism, an ultra-conservative, reactionary sect of Islam, which is in control of the political life of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other staunch allies of the West in the Gulf.

To quote Dr. Abdullah Mohammad Sindi:

It is very clear from the historical record that without British help neither Wahhabism nor the House of Saud would be in existence today. Wahhabism is a British-inspired fundamentalist movement in Islam. Through its defense of the House of Saud, the US also supports Wahhabism directly and indirectly regardless of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Wahhabism is violent, right wing, ultra-conservative, rigid, extremist, reactionary, sexist, and intolerant…”

The West gave full support to the Wahhabis in the 1980s. They were employed, financed and armed, after the Soviet Union was dragged into Afghanistan and into a bitter war that lasted from 1979 to 1989. As a result of this war, the Soviet Union collapsed, exhausted both economically and psychologically.

The Mujahedeen, who were fighting the Soviets as well as the left-leaning government in Kabul, were encouraged and financed by the West and its allies. They came from all corners of the Muslim world, to fight a ‘Holy War’ against Communist infidels.

According to the US Department of State archives:

Contingents of so-called Afghan Arabs and foreign fighters who wished to wage jihad against the atheist communists. Notable among them was a young Saudi named Osama bin Laden, whose Arab group eventually evolved into al-Qaeda.”

Muslim radical groups created and injected into various Muslim countries by the West included al-Qaeda, but also, more recently, ISIS (also known as ISIL). ISIS is an extremist army that was born in the ‘refugee camps’ on the Syrian/Turkish and Syrian/Jordanian borders, and which was financed by NATO and the West to fight the Syrian (secular) government of Bashar al-Assad.

Such radical implants have been serving several purposes. The West uses them as proxies in the wars it is fighting against its enemies – the countries that are still standing in the way to the Empire’s complete domination of the world. Then, somewhere down the road, after these extremist armies ‘get totally out of control’ (and they always will), they could serve as scarecrows and as justification for the ‘The War On Terror’, or, like after ISIS took Mosul, as an excuse for the re-engagement of Western troops in Iraq.

Stories about the radical Muslim groups have constantly been paraded on the front pages of newspapers and magazines, or shown on television monitors, reminding readers ‘how dangerous the world really is’, ‘how important Western engagement in it is’, and consequently, how important surveillance is, how indispensable security measures are, as well as tremendous ‘defense’ budgets and wars against countless rogue states.

From a peaceful and creative civilization, that used to lean towards socialism, the Muslim nations and Islam itself, found itself to be suddenly derailed, tricked, outmaneuvered, infiltrated by foreign religious and ideological implants, and transformed by the Western ideologues and propagandists into one ‘tremendous threat’; into the pinnacle and symbol of terrorism and intolerance.

We need to realize that colonialism did much more than simply damage Muslim nations and cultures. It played a major part in the suppression and eventual disappearance of knowledge and learning, thought and creativity, from Muslim cultures. Colonial encounter began by appropriating the knowledge and learning of Islam, which became the basis of the ‘European Renaissance’ and ‘the Enlightenment’ and ended by eradicating this knowledge and learning from both Muslim societies and from history itself. It did that both by physical elimination – destroying and closing down institutions of learning, banning certain types of indigenous knowledge, killing off local thinkers and scholars – and by rewriting History as the history of western civilization into which all minor histories of other civilization are subsumed.”

From the hopes of those post-WWII years, to the total gloom of the present days – what a long and terrible journey it has been!

The Muslim world is now injured, humiliated and confused, almost always on the defensive.

It is misunderstood by the outsiders, and often even by its own people who are frequently forced to rely on Western and Christian views of the world.

What used to make the culture of Islam so attractive – tolerance, learning, concern for the wellbeing of the people – has been amputated from the Muslim realm, destroyed from abroad. What was left was only religion.

Now most of the Muslim countries are ruled by despots, by the military or corrupt cliques. All of them closely linked with the West and its global regime and interests.

As they did in several great nations and Empires of South and Central America, as well as Africa, Western invaders and colonizers managed to totally annihilate great Muslim cultures.

What forcefully replaced them were greed, corruption and brutality

It appears that everything that is based on different, non-Christian foundations is being reduced to dust by the Empire. Only the biggest and toughest cultures are still surviving.

Anytime a Muslim country tries to go back to its essence, to march its own, socialist or socially-oriented way – be it Iran, Egypt, Indonesia, or much more recently Iraq, Libya or Syria – it gets savagely tortured and destroyed.

The will of its people is unceremoniously broken, and democratically expressed choices overthrown.

For decades, Palestine has been denied freedom, as well as its basic human rights. Both Israel and the Empire spit at its right to self-determination. Palestinian people are locked in a ghetto, humiliated, and murdered. Religion is all that some of them have left.

The ‘Arab Spring’ was derailed and terminated almost everywhere, from Egypt to Bahrain, and the old regimes and military are back in power.

Like African people, Muslims are paying terrible price for being born in countries rich in natural resources. But they are also brutalized for having, together with China, the greatest civilization in history, one that outshone all the cultures of the West.

Christianity looted and brutalized the world. Islam, with its great Sultans such as Saladin, stood against invaders, defending the great cities of Aleppo and Damascus, Cairo and Jerusalem. But overall, it was more interested in building a great civilization, than in pillaging and wars.

Now hardly anyone in the West knows about Saladin or about the great scientific, artistic or social achievements of the Muslim world. But everybody is ‘well informed’ about ISIS. Of course they know ISIS only as an ‘Islamic extremist group’, not as one of the main Western tools used to destabilize the Middle East.

As ‘France is mourning’ the deaths of the journalists at the offices of the satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo (undeniably a terrible crime!), all over Europe it is again Islam which is being depicted as brutal and militant, not the West with its post-Crusade, Christian fundamentalist doctrines that keeps overthrowing and slaughtering all moderate, secular and progressive governments and systems in the Muslim world, leaving Muslim people at the mercy of deranged fanatics.

In the last five decades, around 10 million Muslims have been murdered because their countries did not serve the Empire, or did not serve it full-heartedly, or just were in the way. The victims were Indonesians, Iraqis, Algerians, Afghanis, Pakistanis, Iranians, Yemenis, Syrians, Lebanese, Egyptians, and the citizens of Mali, Somalia, Bahrain and many other countries.

The West identified the most horrible monsters, threw billions of dollars at them, armed them, gave them advanced military training, and then let them loose.

The countries that are breeding terrorism, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, are some of the closest allies of the West, and have never been punished for exporting horror all over the Muslim world.

Great social Muslim movements like Hezbollah, which is presently engaged in mortal combat against the ISIS, but which also used to galvanize Lebanon during its fight against the Israeli invasion, are on the “terrorist lists” compiled by the West. It explains a lot, if anybody is willing to pay attention.

Seen from the Middle East, it appears that the West, just as during the crusades, is aiming at the absolute destruction of Muslim countries and the Muslim culture.

As for the Muslim religion, the Empire only accepts the sheepish brands – those that accept extreme capitalism and the dominant global position of the West. The only other tolerable type of Islam is that which is manufactured by the West itself, and by its allies in the Gulf – designated to fight against progress and social justice; the one that is devouring its own people.

READ MORE :-

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/01/09/ ... terrorism/