This Ramzan will be different

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
AgnosticIndian

This Ramzan will be different

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Fri May 23, 2014 10:33 am

Till last Ramzan I was an Aam Bohri with lots of questions, semi Agnostic. Then Agnostic & now given up altogether on religion.

But like I've said earlier, being in the society we are in, business, family, friends being important, its like I have to practice "Taqiyat" of not disclosing my true beliefs or lack of them. While I will "dutifully " pay up the dues to avoid unnecessary problems, its not going to be with heart.

I might also fast to give "saath" to my folks & also keep the sanctity of the month for them. I will either have to fake praying Namaz or not pray at all which will lead to questions.

So this Ramzan is going to be a new challenge for me since its not the same as last. I have no clue how I will be able to reconcile everything & sticking to my beliefs of not believing!!

james

Re: This Ramzan will be different

Unread post by james » Fri May 23, 2014 11:17 am

What you indulge in is blatant hypocrisy.Please don't dress it with Taqiyah.It won't wash.

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Fri May 23, 2014 11:22 am

AgnosticIndian wrote:Till last Ramzan I was an Aam Bohri with lots of questions, semi Agnostic. Then Agnostic & now given up altogether on religion.

But like I've said earlier, being in the society we are in, business, family, friends being important, its like I have to practice "Taqiyat" of not disclosing my true beliefs or lack of them. While I will "dutifully " pay up the dues to avoid unnecessary problems, its not going to be with heart.

I might also fast to give "saath" to my folks & also keep the sanctity of the month for them. I will either have to fake praying Namaz or not pray at all which will lead to questions.

So this Ramzan is going to be a new challenge for me since its not the same as last. I have no clue how I will be able to reconcile everything & sticking to my beliefs of not believing!!
listen buddy if you have really given up on ISLAM no need to mock ramadan by fasting without understanding its importance.

there are hundreds like you in world who give up on religion and they leave for good, so go ahead and don't mock ISLAM by faking your self.

ISLAM wont end if guys like you leave it, ISLAM will survive by its own in the heart of true momeenin.

james

Unread post by james » Fri May 23, 2014 11:25 am

Sufi monk wrote:
AgnosticIndian wrote:Till last Ramzan I was an Aam Bohri with lots of questions, semi Agnostic. Then Agnostic & now given up altogether on religion.

listen buddy if you have really given up on ISLAM no need to mock ramadan by fasting without understanding its importance.

there are hundreds like you in world who give up on religion and they leave for good, so go ahead and don't mock ISLAM by faking your self.

ISLAM wont end if guys like you leave it, ISLAM will survive by its own in the heart of true momeenin.
"Buddy" is so 1999 , call him Darling. :roll:

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Fri May 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Dear AgnosticIndian,

It's little bit sad to know that someone is leaving the great Deen of Islam. I pray that may Allah SWT give you and all of us true guidance. An advice from side please read Quran from start to end (1st Surah to last Surah) with understanding it will InshaAllah revolutionized you.

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

Ibrahim : 1
Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord - to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy -

Source: Beautiful Quran App
Translation: Sahih International

Don't throw baby with the bath water.

Don't judge a car by it's driver.

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Sun May 25, 2014 7:57 pm

"Till last Ramzan I was an Aam Bohri with lots of questions, semi Agnostic. Then Agnostic & now given up altogether on religion"
I think bro. AgnosticIndian is talking about leaving the "religion" of Bohras and not Islam.

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Wed May 28, 2014 9:40 pm

dear all advisors you are all strong in your religion belief but do not seem very practical. Agnostic has clearly put it "being in the society we are in, business, family, friends being important" this may not be of very important to you all because may be able to live your lives doing your ritual everyday. but common people like agnostic or even me need business, family, freinds for our everyday life.

JAMES : there are lots of members who are hypocrits here, who do not miss a single opportunity to write against SMS but in public they have given misaaq to him and still don't oppose him openly.

SUFI MONK : even muffadal bohra won't end if people like you leave it but than many of you guys who advocate KQ are still publicly are on SMS side

PEACE : i like when you say read Quran with understanding it. but please advice there are number of islamic terrorist who claim to have read Quran with understanding it and justify the terrorism. do you also feel Ajmal Kasab was doing jihad by open firing on VT station in mumbai. And if no than atleast believe that people understand the Quran as one wants. Our brother SUFI MONK believes Quran is a miracle book for muslims only where as I believe Quran is the book of guidance for all human kind which teaches you to be a good human being.

tasneempati

Unread post by tasneempati » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:02 am

This Ramzan will be definitely diffirent- First ramzan for SMS/SKQ both claiming to be 53rd Dai.

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:05 am

i dont see much of a difference except 97% on one side and 3% on the other but surely there is one real difference that has occured in the last few months, i see people giving each other a sarcastic smile while discussing religion, before it used to a non debatable issue but now if you give a tip to the other person he bursts out with his or her complaints about money extortion and other social issues, some of my friends about whom it was un thinkable that they would utter a word against bohraism they are speaking boldly, few days back i heard a jamat accounts clerk saying that what to do people are not submitting their dues even after repeated calls, i think this is the difference in the situation now, few days back an old man died, his son was telling me that my father was alright it were the worries that ate him up, he was the father of two grownup sons who were not educated or skilled and there was no stock left in their shop, his father asked for some pocket money to spend on which his son refused and said PAPA MARA PASAY HAMNA NATHI AVSAY TO AAPIS, he said on my refusal for such a petty amount my father got disheartened, in the night he noticed the old man was having high fever, he gave him some tablet and in fajar he found him motionless, his son was sure that it was just because he refused him pocket money his father lost his will to live anymore and died, on the other hand i dont even blame his son because i know sometimes he comes to me for bus ticket, now under such economic pressure its a zulm to talk about religious obligations and wajebaat, these people are in a desperate situation for financial assistance, i dont know when we would turn the direction of our financial stream from the pockets of kothar to these poor folks. Allah help us.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:34 am

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

Dear Mustaph

All five fingers are not same. So it doesn't mean by only looking black sheeps we leave Quran. In my opinion, comparatively there will be many who have taken Quran as guidance and rose to the noblest character and that's the greatness of Allah SWT book.

Few ayaahs that can describe my point of view about Quran:

Al-Baqara : 185
The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful.

Ibrahim : 1
Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord - to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy -

Al-Israa : 9
Indeed, this Qur'an guides to that which is most suitable and gives good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a great reward.

Al-Furqaan : 30
And the Messenger has said, "O my Lord, indeed my people have taken this Qur'an as [a thing] abandoned."

May Allah SWT give all of us true guidance of Islam. Ameen

Source: Beautiful Quran App
Translation: Sahih International

salim

Unread post by salim » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:46 am

Hi AgnosticIndian,

You can leave God but God may not leave you. God will attract your to him by the ways you may not imagine. While living in society, try to be just and truthful. Because that is what you can do from your side, and if there is God, he will attract you to himself. And being honest can take you long enough -

“I order you to be truthful, for indeed truthfulness leads to righteousness, and indeed righteousness leads to Paradise. A man continues to be truthful and strives for truthfulness until he is written as a truthful person with God. And beware of falsehood, for indeed falsehood leads to sinning, and indeed sinning leads to the Fire. A man continues to tell lies and strives upon falsehood until he is written as a liar with God.” (Saheeh Muslim)

Best of Luck

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Peace

all the referance that you gave only show one thing that Quran is a book of guidance for human kind and its not a miracle book for muslims only.

There are lots of other how to books in the market not every one succeeds reading those books as everyone follows it in different way. Same is with Quran people translate it in their own ways n that is why their beliefs vary.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:13 am

Mustafa
There are lots of other how to books in the market not every one succeeds reading those books as everyone follows it in different way. Same is with Quran people translate it in their own ways n that is why their beliefs vary.
Brother
This is time when information is available instantly.
Allah has given you brain. You will find more than 30 translation on web. You will find word to word translation also.
Only those blind Abdes like Salaar will refuse to look at any other translation except what taught to them.
Look at this post by Salaar
YAZEED'S ZIKAR IN QURAN E MAJEED
by salaar on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:45 pm
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9852#p136503

I suggest everybody follow this advice as follows and benefit.

7 Tips for Understanding the Quran

By MyUmmah Editor
Source: http://myummah.co.za/site/2014/06/06/7- ... the-quran/

1. Always purify your intentions

2. use a reliable translation if you dont understand arabic

3. Never study a verse in isolation from other verses and hadith on the topic

4. Prioritize the explanation of the Prophet and his companions

5. Check if there is a reason for revelation and understand its relevance

6. Always clarify Fiqh and Aqeedah verses with a scholar

7. Familiarize yourself with the sciences of the Quran (Uloom Al-Quran) for a deeper understanding

MUSTAPH

Unread post by MUSTAPH » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Muslim First
what you are saying is what we have all been hearing since ages. But the world has changed so we take a look at a different angle today n think about it.
Quran is a book of guidance written in poetic language. Now for example in Quran is given the description of heaven n hell. How much ever you follow word to word translation the meaning can vary eg. For one would imagine it as a destination that would look like the description where as there are people like me who treat it metaphorical explanation of refraining you from doing anything bad.
Now bad deed is also having different views. What is happening in karbala now, not viewing it from humanity eyes but if you see it from religiously than its good for wahabis but bad for Shia. So its difference of your views.
What I mean is Quran is a book of guidance for human kind but we muslims have endorsed it by making it our holy book n deprieved human kind to read it. Muslims around the world would take pride in calling Quran their book but may be we have not understood the greatness n importance of Quran.

chocoman

Unread post by chocoman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:01 am

Agnostic Indian, I think you are caged by your facade, so you might as well decided to make yourself better by spitting the truth out on this forum. I think you should give a try, read Quran, study the personalities like Rasul (s) and ahlal bayt(as) that might inspire you to be a good Muslim and a good human being. However, I'm sure you are mature enough to understand, Allah doesn't want you but it is we who wants him.......so, lakum deenakum waliyadeen!!!! Sit back, give a thought and recall all the sacrifices that were made by your parents who gave you so much, to inspire you to be a good Muslim and a human being.