Why POETRY \SHAYERI ARE MOSTLY LIES AND EXAGGERATION

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
freebhora

Why POETRY \SHAYERI ARE MOSTLY LIES AND EXAGGERATION

Unread post by freebhora » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:44 am

POETRY \SHAYERI ARE MOSTLY LIES AND EXAGGERATION IF DONE BY LAYPERSON
====
We dont require man made poetry to promote our religion . Why not use the best :The Quran?
The Meccan pagans were masters of poetry and poetry was the fashionable trend among the illiterate pagan arabs. The Quran challenged this trend as the pagans were dumbfounded by the excellent beauty of the Quranic recitation. This led to the abandonment of poetry by the pious companions of the prophet pbuh. The Quran says that only people of error follow poetry:
Quran:
Allah says about the poets: “As for poets, the erring follow them. Have you not seen how they stray in every valley, And how they say that which they do not do?” [Sûrah al-Shu`arâ’: 224-226]
However, then Allah goes on to say: “Save those who believe and do good works, and remember Allah much, and vindicate themselves after they have been wronged.” [Sûrah al-Shu`arâ’: 227]
Hadith
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
The Prophet said, "It is better for a man to fill the inside of his body with pus than to fill it with poetry."
Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:
I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If I drink an antidote, or tie an amulet, or compose poetry, I am the type who does not care what he does.

freebhora

Re: Why POETRY \SHAYERI ARE MOSTLY LIES AND EXAGGERATION

Unread post by freebhora » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:49 am

Some people try to show off by posting fancy shayiris \jokes (that too from barelvi\shia forums) but they have no basis in the quran and sunnah and dont count as evidence AND ARE MOSTLY LIES. It only encourages weak minded people who rely on shayiris \poems \jokes to get their deen.. these shayris distract people from quran and sunnah Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing,shayeri etc) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah without knowledge, and takes it (the path of Allaah, or the Verses of the Qur’aan) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).”

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:08 am

HA HA HA HA some people dont have that taste and understanding of poetry and shairi, so nothing bad about it but dont prove your narrow mindedness and deprivation by such statements

freebhora

Unread post by freebhora » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:06 am

Shaeri is clearly frowned upon in the Islamic sharia:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
The Prophet said, "It is better for a man to fill the inside of his body with pus than to fill it with poetry."
Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As:
I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If I drink an antidote, or tie an amulet, or compose poetry, I am the type who does not care what he does.