Ignoring user posts

Report issues and problems regarding the Forum or troublesome members here. If you have suggestions and ideas on how we can improve this Forum/Website please let us know.
Biradar
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Ignoring user posts

#1

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Many of us find posts by particular, anti-Bohra individuals annoying. These few (perhaps one or two) are good at derailing all discussions, and display an intense hatred for the Bohras and Shia in general. Instead of having to read their tedious nonsense, the Forum provides mechanisms to ignore them. If you want to enable this, do the following:

- Go to "User Control Panel". It is on the left of the Forum header.
- Click on "Friends and Foes"
- Click on the "Manage Foes". It is the second option in the left sidebar.
- Add the name of the person you want to ignore, one to a line.

Thats it! You will now see a notification when the ignored person makes a post, but the actual text will be hidden. You can choose to view it, if you are so inclined, or just ignore. I only have one person on ignore. No need to name names.



anajmi
Posts: 13400
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

#2

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Oh my god. Now what am I going to do. My life is a complete waste now that brother biradar is ignoring my post. Oh why was I born. The only thing I needed in life was approval from brother biradar. Sob Sob!!



Biradar
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

#3

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:07 pm

anajmi-hide.png
anajmi-hide.png (9.8 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
The bliss! It seems like I have found Nirvana! Allah be praised!



anajmi
Posts: 13400
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

#4

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Well, a good function for those too stupid to use the scroll button on the mouse. :wink:

Or for those for whom it is more important to show that they are ignoring something rather than simply just ignoring it. Which in a way implies that what is being shown to be ignored is actually causing a pain in the neck.



khokawala
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm

#5

Unread post by khokawala » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:04 am

I don't understand what is wrong with najmi posts , his posts are wise, satirical and deep makes one think deeply and the alleged anti bohra stance of the Forum is also due to his credit. It also greatly eased my transition from bohra to "wahhhabi wannabe" . Progressive " bohras" fundamentally are anti bohra , anajmi is merely making this opposition fun. Incidently anajmi has the highest number of likes in this forum which means most people do like him to be here and do read his posts.

Have you seen the bohra chronicle paper? It makes ludicrous fun of the dai on front page even using highly objectionable cartoons for the dai, anajmi has not gone down to that level I guess.



Abuzer
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:47 am

#6

Unread post by Abuzer » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:33 am

Thanx I am already using this feature...



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#7

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:17 pm

anajmi wrote:Oh my god. Now what am I going to do. My life is a complete waste now that brother biradar is ignoring my post. Oh why was I born. The only thing I needed in life was approval from brother biradar. Sob Sob!!
You need approval from admin even more.
The fact youve started losing his favour must hurt your feelings terribly.
Sob sob anajmi, sob sob!



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#8

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:38 pm

Biradar wrote:
anajmi-hide.png
The bliss! It seems like I have found Nirvana! Allah be praised!
Instead of speaking out against him (and his comrades) people choose to bury their heads in the sand.
Everybody ignoring anajmi is exactly why this forum is almost empty.
People viewing the forum will think his views are representative and the norm.
Which is why most people think this website is run by wahhabis.

This naturally gives the kothar exactly what they need to discredit everything said here.
Its quite likely that anajmi is actually working for the kothar.



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#9

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 pm

anajmi wrote:Well, a good function for those too stupid to use the scroll button on the mouse. :wink:

Or for those for whom it is more important to show that they are ignoring something rather than simply just ignoring it. Which in a way implies that what is being shown to be ignored is actually causing a pain in the neck.
I know, which is why you threw a temper tantrum and made so many repetitive posts about how you are insignificantly ignoring me.



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#10

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:46 pm

khokawala wrote:I don't understand what is wrong with najmi posts , his posts are wise, satirical and deep makes one think deeply and the alleged anti bohra stance of the Forum is also due to his credit. It also greatly eased my transition from bohra to "wahhhabi wannabe" . Progressive " bohras" fundamentally are anti bohra , anajmi is merely making this opposition fun. Incidently anajmi has the highest number of likes in this forum which means most people do like him to be here and do read his posts.

Have you seen the bohra chronicle paper? It makes ludicrous fun of the dai on front page even using highly objectionable cartoons for the dai, anajmi has not gone down to that level I guess.
One wahhabi running to the defence of another wahhabi.
What a surprise.



anajmi
Posts: 13400
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

#11

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Why do you keep making insignificant and irrelevant posts? See, I can ignore your posts easily without any software aid. But as soon as I see your name, I know you have made an insignificant post and I need to always remind you of your insignificance.



Biradar
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

#12

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:54 pm

khokawala wrote:I don't understand what is wrong with najmi posts , his posts are wise, satirical and deep makes one think deeply and the alleged anti bohra stance of the Forum is also due to his credit. It also greatly eased my transition from bohra to "wahhhabi wannabe" . Progressive " bohras" fundamentally are anti bohra , anajmi is merely making this opposition fun. Incidently anajmi has the highest number of likes in this forum which means most people do like him to be here and do read his posts.

Have you seen the bohra chronicle paper? It makes ludicrous fun of the dai on front page even using highly objectionable cartoons for the dai, anajmi has not gone down to that level I guess.
I excuse your ignorance, friend khokawala. I have been following this forum for more than 15 years, even before it moved to this bulletin board format. Anajmi, was even then derailing every discussion, every thread, putting in his anti-bohra, anti-Shia nonsense into everything. Lately, I admit, he has calmed down somewhat.

The point is not about making fun. I am all about making fun, and not taking things too seriously. Anajmi is fundamentally against Shia beliefs, against the very people we base our faith on. He has called Maula Ali a drunk, praised Yazid and Muawiya, has insulted Imam Hussain, has ridiculed the imams and da'is. He won't stop there either. He has hounded and bullied people off this board, and once was banned from this board, and was only admitted when many of us pleaded with the Admin to bring him back.

I estimate, that about 90% of thoughtful people left because his bullying and nasty habits. It is time to speak up, ignore him and make sure he become a persona non grata. That way, the rest of us can focus on the topics at hand, and not have to deal with his constant derailments.



anajmi
Posts: 13400
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

#13

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Anajmi is fundamentally against Shia beliefs, against the very people we base our faith on. He has called Maula Ali a drunk, praised Yazid and Muawiya, has insulted Imam Hussain, has ridiculed the imams and da'is.
As far as Islam is concerned, none of the above actions are haraam. Believing in a hidden Imam while at the same time questioning the existence of Allah because of a thousand years of education makes you a kafir. If you claim that you are a shia, then you are wrong. You are a kafir.



Humsafar
Posts: 2489
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2000 5:01 am

#14

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Biradar,
Why inflate anajmi's already big ego and give him more importance than he deserves. You can ignore his posts if you don't want to read them. I agree that he is a nuisance and a master agent provocateur. He diverts and derails topic and when cornered he becomes flippant. His Islam stops after the Quran and Sunnah - a salafi/wahabi characteristic. But he is also incisive and intelligent and asks uncomfortable questions against received wisdom. He has been at the receiving end too when his received wisdom was questioned. The problem is that shias get very defensive when their beliefs are challenged. It is wrong to say that 90% have left because of him, that's giving him too much credit. People come and go for various reasons, depending on what they find interesting and what engages them. This forum accommodates everyone. The point is that the abdes who cannot stick around is not because they have been hounded out but because they could not defend the corrupt regime of the Dai and they could not defend their belief in the absentee Imam whom the Dais have made mockery of,
You're right let's focus on issue at hand, and ignore the people.



Biradar
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

#15

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Humsafar wrote:Biradar,
Why inflate anajmi's already big ego and give him more importance than he deserves. You can ignore his posts if you don't want to read them. I agree that he is a nuisance and a master agent provocateur. He diverts and derails topic and when cornered he becomes flippant. His Islam stops after the Quran and Sunnah - a salafi/wahabi characteristic.
Actually, I don't give anajmi any credence at all. His views are ridiculous, and senseless. It has nothing to do with him questioning received wisdom. If that was the case, I would support him. The problem is really very simple: this is a Bohra forum. It is meant to discuss Bohra issues. If we have a Salafi nut job, derailing every discussion, acting like a bully, people will eventually stop participating.

I am happy to discuss, once in a while, the need for da'i, imam etc, and even question these concepts myself. However, if every thread degenerates into these same discussions, we make no progress. Everyone goes into a defensive mode, and the original point and topic is lost.

As to me explicitly mentioning that I am ignoring him. The point is the following: often, it is enough to just ignore someone and not say anything. However, sometimes one is forced to take a stance and make a statement about it, to show where one stands. Remaining silent does not serve the purpose. In addition, it encourages others to ignore him. Eventually, when people stop responding to him (from the fact that they stopped reading what he says), he will be shouting at windmills, a clown we tolerate, but everyone ignores.



anajmi
Posts: 13400
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

#16

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:32 pm

:mrgreen: Consider the irony. In trying to make people ignore someone you end up making that person the active topic of the day.



Humsafar
Posts: 2489
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2000 5:01 am

#17

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:48 pm

anajmi wrote::mrgreen: Consider the irony. In trying to make people ignore someone you end up making that person the active topic of the day.
Your 15-minute of fame. :)



anajmi
Posts: 13400
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

#18

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Didn't you read? I have been famous amongst the likes of Biradar for 15 years. :wink:



khokawala
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm

#19

Unread post by khokawala » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Incidently today is anajmis 14 the anniversary he joined on 10 Jan 2001. And has the largest number of posts and ranks third in number of likes. Certainly not a person to ignore!



kimanumanu
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

#20

Unread post by kimanumanu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:40 pm

khokawala wrote:Incidently today is anajmis 14 the anniversary he joined on 10 Jan 2001. And has the largest number of posts and ranks third in number of likes. Certainly not a person to ignore!
Have you prepared your fakhir najwa?



khokawala
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm

#21

Unread post by khokawala » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:46 pm

Biradar wrote:
khokawala wrote:I don't understand what is wrong with najmi posts , his posts are wise, satirical and deep makes one think deeply and the alleged anti bohra stance of the Forum is also due to his credit. It also greatly eased my transition from bohra to "wahhhabi wannabe" . Progressive " bohras" fundamentally are anti bohra , anajmi is merely making this opposition fun. Incidently anajmi has the highest number of likes in this forum which means most people do like him to be here and do read his posts.

Have you seen the bohra chronicle paper? It makes ludicrous fun of the dai on front page even using highly objectionable cartoons for the dai, anajmi has not gone down to that level I guess.
I excuse your ignorance, friend khokawala. I have been following this forum for more than 15 years, even before it moved to this bulletin board format. Anajmi, was even then derailing every discussion, every thread, putting in his anti-bohra, anti-Shia nonsense into everything. Lately, I admit, he has calmed down somewhat.

The point is not about making fun. I am all about making fun, and not taking things too seriously. Anajmi is fundamentally against Shia beliefs, against the very people we base our faith on. He has called Maula Ali a drunk, praised Yazid and Muawiya, has insulted Imam Hussain, has ridiculed the imams and da'is. He won't stop there either. He has hounded and bullied people off this board, and once was banned from this board, and was only admitted when many of us pleaded with the Admin to bring him back.

I estimate, that about 90% of thoughtful people left because his bullying and nasty habits. It is time to speak up, ignore him and make sure he become a persona non grata. That way, the rest of us can focus on the topics at hand, and not have to deal with his constant derailments.
These are false allegation he never said that and you know it.



anajmi
Posts: 13400
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

#22

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Dear bro khokawala,

Do not bother yourself. I don't. How is it that after so much thrown at me, I am still around? No one on this forum has been hounded by more people and for longer than your's truly. But, I know whatever gets thrown at me is a bunch of lies. That is why it doesn't bother me. People who have run away, got the truth thrown in their faces, couldn't handle it and ran. Biradar himself has run plenty of times. But he should rest assured, he may want to ignore me, but I am not going to ignore him and his bull!!



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#23

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:09 am

anajmi wrote:Why do you keep making insignificant and irrelevant posts? See, I can ignore your posts easily without any software aid. But as soon as I see your name, I know you have made an insignificant post and I need to always remind you of your insignificance.
You read every post I make, but cannot refute any of my points.
Which is why you post the same thing over and over again out of frustration.
This always brings a smile to my face.



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#24

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:21 am

anajmi wrote:
Anajmi is fundamentally against Shia beliefs, against the very people we base our faith on. He has called Maula Ali a drunk, praised Yazid and Muawiya, has insulted Imam Hussain, has ridiculed the imams and da'is.
As far as Islam is concerned, none of the above actions are haraam. Believing in a hidden Imam while at the same time questioning the existence of Allah because of a thousand years of education makes you a kafir. If you claim that you are a shia, then you are wrong. You are a kafir.
Nowhere in bohra belief is there the notion of questioning the existence of allah.
The idea is so ridiculous that it could only come from a self-confessed yazid-loving kafir like you.



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#25

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:43 am

Humsafar wrote:Biradar,
Why inflate anajmi's already big ego and give him more importance than he deserves. You can ignore his posts if you don't want to read them. I agree that he is a nuisance and a master agent provocateur. He diverts and derails topic and when cornered he becomes flippant. His Islam stops after the Quran and Sunnah - a salafi/wahabi characteristic. But he is also incisive and intelligent and asks uncomfortable questions against received wisdom. He has been at the receiving end too when his received wisdom was questioned. The problem is that shias get very defensive when their beliefs are challenged. It is wrong to say that 90% have left because of him, that's giving him too much credit. ,People come and go for various reasons, depending on what they find interesting and what engages them. This forum accommodates everyone. The point is that the abdes who cannot stick around is not because they have been hounded out but because they could not defend the corrupt regime of the Dai and they could not defend their belief in the absentee Imam whom the Dais have made mockery of,
You're right let's focus on issue at hand, and ignore the people.
But he is also incisive and intelligent and asks uncomfortable questions against received wisdom.
Would you be able to offer any examples of anajmis intelligence? Ofcourse not.
Because he is not intelligent and is always wrong, usually quite hilariously so:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10181&p=143928&hili ... rd#p143928

The problem is that shias get very defensive when their beliefs are challenged.
Quite rightly, afterall this is (supposedly) a shia forum is it not.

It is wrong to say that 90% have left because of him, that's giving him too much credit.
I agree, anajmi is not a threat to anyone who has joined.
However his constant anti-shia rantings do make the forum seem like it is run by wahhabis.
Which is what most people think about this place, and is why hardly anybody comes here.

This forum accommodates everyone.
As we can clearly see, this forum only accommodates about 20 people.
If it was accommodating everyone, it would have hundreds or even thousands of posters.

they could not defend their belief in the absentee Imam
A bohra forum does not need to defend the bohra belief in a hidden imam, as it is an article of faith.
People like you, who do not believe in the hidden imam, are clearly not bohra.
Therefore should join the sunni community instead, as this fundamental bohra doctrine is never going to change for you or anyone.



Biradar
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 pm

#26

Unread post by Biradar » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:57 am

khokawala wrote:Incidently today is anajmis 14 the anniversary he joined on 10 Jan 2001. And has the largest number of posts and ranks third in number of likes. Certainly not a person to ignore!
Wow! A true anajmi fan. Are you sure you not His Dumbness himself? Come on, fess up, admit that you are anajmi sock. Come on, we won't hold it against you.



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#27

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:04 am

anajmi wrote::mrgreen: Consider the irony. In trying to make people ignore someone you end up making that person the active topic of the day.
I agree, afterall the majority of your recent posts have been an almighty effort to actively ignore me.
How very significant of you anajmi.



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#28

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:16 am

khokawala wrote:Incidently today is anajmis 14 the anniversary he joined on 10 Jan 2001. And has the largest number of posts and ranks third in number of likes. Certainly not a person to ignore!
14 years of insignificance and irelevance! What an amazing accomplishment!
Congratulations anajmi!

Im astonished by all the remarkable things youve achieved.
Because I cant find a single thing what so ever.

Never mind anajmi, at least youve made a couple of wahhabi cyber buddies who youll never meet in real life.
This is most certainly very significant for you.



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#29

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:22 am

khokawala wrote:
Biradar wrote: I excuse your ignorance, friend khokawala. I have been following this forum for more than 15 years, even before it moved to this bulletin board format. Anajmi, was even then derailing every discussion, every thread, putting in his anti-bohra, anti-Shia nonsense into everything. Lately, I admit, he has calmed down somewhat.

The point is not about making fun. I am all about making fun, and not taking things too seriously. Anajmi is fundamentally against Shia beliefs, against the very people we base our faith on. He has called Maula Ali a drunk, praised Yazid and Muawiya, has insulted Imam Hussain, has ridiculed the imams and da'is. He won't stop there either. He has hounded and bullied people off this board, and once was banned from this board, and was only admitted when many of us pleaded with the Admin to bring him back.

I estimate, that about 90% of thoughtful people left because his bullying and nasty habits. It is time to speak up, ignore him and make sure he become a persona non grata. That way, the rest of us can focus on the topics at hand, and not have to deal with his constant derailments.
These are false allegation he never said that and you know it.
He is a self-confessed yazid-lover, so has said all of this, and much worse.
That is why you adore him so much khokawala.
Or perhaps, you are him, using a fake account.



Critical_Thinker
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

#30

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:30 am

anajmi wrote:Dear bro khokawala,

Do not bother yourself. I don't. How is it that after so much thrown at me, I am still around? No one on this forum has been hounded by more people and for longer than your's truly. But, I know whatever gets thrown at me is a bunch of lies. That is why it doesn't bother me. People who have run away, got the truth thrown in their faces, couldn't handle it and ran. Biradar himself has run plenty of times. But he should rest assured, he may want to ignore me, but I am not going to ignore him and his bull!!
Do not bother yourself. I don't.
Youve been bothering yourself for 14 years.

How is it that after so much thrown at me, I am still around?
Because you are an obsessive and fanatical wahhabi.

No one on this forum has been hounded by more people and for longer than your's truly.
I wonder why?
Perhaps you should leave then.
Im kidding anajmi, we all know you have nothing in your life except for this forum.

But, I know whatever gets thrown at me is a bunch of lies.
Only wahhabis like you constantly throw out lies.

People who have run away, got the truth thrown in their faces, couldn't handle it and ran.
Who exactly? Can you give any names?
Is that why you think you are so important, because you believe you can chase people away from a tiny internet forum?
How very significant of you.

he may want to ignore me, but I am not going to ignore him and his bull!!
My sentiments exactly.