Raksha Bandhan

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
Bohra spring

Re: Raksha Bandhan

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:55 pm

JJ, you said you are not a bohora......you have African way of calling us ! sounds like you are ex Kenya.

What reason, I will not say right as Admin let you in, would you come and discuss our internal issues. Don't you have your own issues to address somewhere else ?

you are not trying to convert us to Ismaili, you are not interested in us becoming better Muslims. .you are kothar bashing, do you want to join Bohra ?

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:02 pm

SBM wrote:
I live in the United States and my family helps anyone we find in need as long as those people are genuinely in need
Br Javedjuma
I do not want to create an Isamili Bashing debate here but most of the Isamilis donot support Muslim Charities they rather give to United Way or others, You are correct brother. Ismailis have their own charities, under the banner of Aga Khan Development Network where 100% of our money goes to the recepients of charities and where our funds are accounted for. Also, money from charities go to the deserving people and results are shown. You can see all this if you care to visit http://www.akdn.org I am part of many successful charities locally and despite our best efforts I could not get a single Ismaili to contribute even one dollar to any of the Muslim Causes. First of all, you live in a state where Ismaili population is very small and consists of students. Secondly, a few years ago, around 12 years ago, a Sunni Mosque was "supposed to be torn down in my area" and they were planning to put up a new one. And because I have a couple of very good sunni friends, I contributed more than they did. I was told I would get a receipt. Never did to this day. Also, mosque was not scraped but just rennovated.I do not care because I believe I contributed for a cause that was told to me was a good one.
You live in USA can you please tell us if Isamili community ever participated with ISNA, CAIR, ICNA or many other Muslim Organizations
they even do not attend the functions because just like DAWOODI BOHRA, they have no sanctions from their Imam.
so please be truthful,,, Slow down brother. Go up North where there are more Ismailis and look for yourself how they participate there. As for no sanctions from our Imam, let me tell you something.

Find out who championed the creation of Pakistan.
Who went from door to door to collect money for Alighar University ?
In East Africa, from the time of late Imam, East African Muslim Society has been supported my Ismaili Imam.
Go to East Africa and see who is supporting Madressa programmes. We do not give directly to people but we give through our own established charities whom we trust and from whom we get receipts for our donations.
Who is promoting Islamic culture, music and architecture, who introduced study of Islam in Harvard, Islamic architecture in MIT and study of Islam in schools in Texas.......list goes on and on. Our Imam even rebuilds Sunni mosques in Mali ...Timbuktu, etc. and one is going to open in India in time for Idd prayers. Read about it another thread I have posted. This is not an Ismaili Mosque!

Even though Pakistanis do not regard us as Muslims and kill our people, Ismailis, under the Banner of Aga Khan have done a lot of work which helps Allah's creation (people). You all know that but are in denial. Looking for every opportunity to sling mud at us.

I personally, do not contribute to any American charity. I contribute whatever I want to akdn....Americans are well to do and can support their own charities and they do. Their animals are better taken care of than their people.

In the USA, Muslims from Middle East have never heard of Ismailis, including the Egyptians, where Ismaili Imam has invested millions of dollars in refurbishing mosques, Islamic Architecture, Al-Azhar park. Pakistani Muslims call us non-Muslims. Look in India how much of Islamic Culture is being rennovated. Go to Afghanistan, where nobody wants to do anything, but Ismaili Imam has built hospitals, schools, rennovated Barbur gardens, mosques and even a Jewish Temple..... and much, much more.

And one more thing you are right... celebrate Indian Cultures since many Isamilis do celebrate with enthusiasm Diwali, Holi, and many Hindu Festivals beside celebrating X Mas by having X Mas trees in their houses

You are right many of us do keep Xmas trees. So do Muslims of other denominations. I do not think anything is wrong in that. Christmas trees are for fun and no religious connotation to it. We explain to our children, we observe Xmas because Christ was one of our Prophets. It is part of our heritage and Christians are our brothers, but our faith is Islam. As for other festivals may be they are observed in India and I haven't seen them being celebrated in the USA.

Our Imam teaches to practice "frontierless brotherhood". That means he doesn't tell us to be frogs in a pond. Open the horizon and and use our Aql when enganging in anything. This is Islam buddy. Drawing lines in sands is not Islam.

Islam teaches peace, patience, perseverence, tolerance, etc. and not other things you have mentioned here and every time Bohoras do something which does not look like Islamic to you. If it doesn't look Islamic to you, please do not Judge. Let Allah SWT be the Judge. That is the teaching of Islam.

If you are not a bohora or Ismaili, Christian, Hindu, etc. Do not Judge them. Look at the garbage in your own backyard.

What does it matter to you if Bohora's are practicing this or that. Who are you to Judge them.

And one more thing, which is not for you, but certain pests in this forum who put (LA) after the Syedna's name. Remember you guys are no better because LA is forbidden by Allah SWT. Only He can say that because He is the Judge. Even the Wahabis on this forum do not use that word. You guys should be ashamed of that. Uttering that word in the Holy month of Ramadan or any day of the year.

Now if you or others want to start bashing Ismailis, please open a new thread "Bashing Ismailis". But do not try to derail this thread.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Bohra spring wrote:JJ, you said you are not a bohora......you have African way of calling us ! sounds like you are ex Kenya. What is African way of calling you. You are hillarious. I am not ex Kenya. I have been to Kenya. Beautiful country but very scary!

What reason, I will not say right as Admin let you in, would you come and discuss our internal issues. Don't you have your own issues to address somewhere else ? Hey this forum is not restricted to Bohoras only, because here, there are Muslims of all denominations.

you are not trying to convert us to Ismaili, you are not interested in us becoming better Muslims. .You are absolutely right. I am not interested in converting to you Ismailism although Bohoras call themselves Ismailis. As regards "you are not interested in us becoming better Muslims....I am not here to do tableegh. Bohoras are good Muslims to begin with and I would never judge anybody.you are kothar bashing, do you want to join Bohra ?
I am not bashing Kothar. Why would I. I am bashing people who call themselves holier than thou. That's all.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:47 pm

I have put this JavedJuma fellow on ignore. I urge others to do the same. Modern day Aga Khani beliefs are just as full of shirk and bhoot-parasti as is Hinduism. For example, they consider Krishna and Vishnu to be a part of the Ismaili chain of imams/prophets! For example, one may read the entry:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/19760

Of course, I have no problem with Aga Khanis doing puja of their imam or Krishna or Vishnu. Good for them. However, this is not what Bohras [who are the original Ismailis (one may refer them to the "old Fatimid Ismailis")] believe. In a qasida Krishna is referred to the mass-zinha-zado, which he was. One can't consider such a man to be a part of our tradition.

Now, it is true that Aga Khanis do a lot of charity. Good for them, and they should be commended. One point I made before is that the common Abde-Aga-Khan worship his money and his charity. This is obvious to anyone with 1/2 a brain. The Aga Khan himself also now and then says things which appeal to western audiences, and this the Abde-Aga-Khanis love. Apparently, they love that he is westernized, white, and rich.

In any case, here the question is not one of charity, but of proper understanding of Islam and the introduction of idol worship practices into it.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:39 am

Biradar wrote:I have put this JavedJuma fellow on ignore. I urge others to do the same. Modern day Aga Khani beliefs are just as full of shirk and bhoot-parasti as is Hinduism. For example, they consider Krishna and Vishnu to be a part of the Ismaili chain of imams/prophets! For example, one may read the entry:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/19760

Of course, I have no problem with Aga Khanis doing puja of their imam or Krishna or Vishnu. Good for them. However, this is not what Bohras [who are the original Ismailis (one may refer them to the "old Fatimid Ismailis")] believe. In a qasida Krishna is referred to the mass-zinha-zado, which he was. One can't consider such a man to be a part of our tradition.

Now, it is true that Aga Khanis do a lot of charity. Good for them, and they should be commended. One point I made before is that the common Abde-Aga-Khan worship his money and his charity. This is obvious to anyone with 1/2 a brain. The Aga Khan himself also now and then says things which appeal to western audiences, and this the Abde-Aga-Khanis love. Apparently, they love that he is westernized, white, and rich.

In any case, here the question is not one of charity, but of proper understanding of Islam and the introduction of idol worship practices into it.
Biradar Janab, You have put me on ignore because you know you cannot win your debate with me as you and some of your Abde haters have no idea about what Islam is. However, you could not resist derailing the thread because you knew you would be beaten to a pulp. I can respond to you very well, but what is the point the thread will be derailed.

Thread is raksha bandan and not Aga Khani beliefs. Stick to it. If you want to bash us please open a new thread under the banner of Aga Khani bashing and I can educate you on what Islam is, including Nizari Ismailism.

You have no idea and will never know why we love our Imam soooooooooo much! Come out of your gutters and wash the gunk off of your eyes. You will have to go back to 50s, 60s, 70s to the present day to see why Ismailis love their Imam. Without him we would be Jahils like you!

Please go back to Raksha Bandan. I love the tradition as long as it is not subjugation of women.

Peace!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:46 am

Admin
You restricted Muslim First because of his Sunni Muslim Views to Islam today, Why this Javedjuma is allowed to continue as he is not a Dawoodi Bohra has no family relation
Atleast MF did not worship Krishna and other gods but this hypocrite so called Aga Khani Muslim is allowed to educate us about Islam?
Let him first teach Islam to his own community first..
Javed J
Atleast you had the freedom to come and spew your moronic idea of Islam, would your Aga Khani Forum would allow us to come and educate you guys about true Shia Islam?

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:59 am

Biradar wrote:However, this is not what Bohras [who are the original Ismailis (one may refer them to the "old Fatimid Ismailis"
Brother, it seems you do not know your own history. I missed the above quote. Bohoras are the original Ismailis????????????? Where did you get that from. Around 10 or 15 years ago Bohoras said they were not Ismailis but Bohoras. Only lately they have been claiming they are Ismailis. And you are telling me they are original Ismailis! You are really ignorant of not what Islam is but also ignorant of your own faith and tradition.

Let me enlighten you a bit on your own history. After Imam Jafar as-Sadiq AS, those who followed Imam Ismail AS were known as Ismailis. At that time there were no bohora or Aga Khanis. I remember when I was in college I met a bohora lad (who is still my friend to this day) whom I called my Ismaili brother, and he got offended.

So you see, remove the blinkers from eyes and hatred for other people's beliefs from your heart.

Both bohoras and Ismailis are Fatimid Ismailis. One has gone down in history as descendant of Fatimid Imams, and hence Fatimid Imam: i.e. my Imam, and the other claims to be Fatimid Dai, i.e. Bohora Dai.

If you need more history lessons please send me your e mail address and I will be glad to educate you.

Now, stop bashing Ismailis and go back to Raksha Bandan. If you do not have comments on Raksha Bandan, I suggest you open a new thread where we can educate each other on our beliefs.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Coming back to Raksha Bandhan
Can Dawoodi Bohra Amtes tie a Raakhi to Aga Khan since you believe in Custom and Culture or for that reason even Hindus since you guys do believe in PEACE so much?

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:57 pm

SBM wrote:Admin
You restricted Muslim First because of his Sunni Muslim Views to Islam today, Why this Javedjuma is allowed to continue as he is not a Dawoodi Bohra has no family relation
Atleast MF did not worship Krishna and other gods but this hypocrite so called Aga Khani Muslim is allowed to educate us about Islam?
Let him first teach Islam to his own community first..
Javed J
Atleast you had the freedom to come and spew your moronic idea of Islam, would your Aga Khani Forum would allow us to come and educate you guys about true Shia Islam?
Spoken like a Jahil. My community does not need to be taught about Islam. You do. You have no idea what Islam is. Neither do you have any idea about Shia Islam. Please go back to Raksha Bandan. That is the thread. If anybody needs to be thrown out of this forum it is you and your team who derail the thread when you lose an argument,not us. You guys think you are the only ones who know about Islam when you know zilch.

You and your team are good at derailing the threads when you are wrong so you pick on us. Actually, everything the Bohora Tayebi Ismailis, or Nizari Ismailis, or for that matter Twelvers do gives you an eye sore. I repeat, you have no idea what Islam is.

I love Raksha Bandan any day, because it stresses brotherhood. Go Amtes, tie Raksha Bandan to Modi (whom I do not like but can tolerate) as long as he tries to patch his relations with Muslims. If, because of Bohoras, Modi shows some respect for Muslims, that is better than some of the jahils on this forum.

Remember the Prophet and Jewish woman? Islam is a religion of peace, and if it brings peace to some Muslims through the Amtes gestures, so be it. Better than some on this forum who just spew venom when they do not get their way.

Why are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan? Why do they want to live in India where everything that Hindus do is against their beliefs? Move on buddies to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Middle east......where, according to you, Islam is practiced in the purest form. No Raksha Bandan, No pooja, No Imam, No Dai, only Jahils who behead and subjugate....and the list goes on.

Long live Raksha Bandan. Do you guys even know what is Raksha Bandan? Bet no. Go google it. That is the best you can do as usual.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 pm

SBM wrote:Coming back to Raksha Bandhan
Can Dawoodi Bohra Amtes tie a Raakhi to Aga Khan since you believe in Custom and Culture or for that reason even Hindus since you guys do believe in PEACE so much?
Yes.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Really
When was the last time a commoner was allowed to come close to Aga Khan You big lier?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Why are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan
Because Pakistan was created by an Aga Khani Mohammed Ali Jinnah who did not even practice Islam

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Because Pakistan was created by an Aga Khani Mohammed Ali Jinnah who did not even practice Islam
For years after Jinnah, Pakistan was like a Jewel, until non-Ismaili Muslims (????) took over. I have no right to judge Jinnah, neither do you. What is preventing Muslims in India from moving to Pakistan now that Jinnah is gone. Look around you, how many practicing Muslims are running their countries in Islamic world and how many are peaceful? Every year they fight wars in Ramadan!!!!!! This speaks a lot about your people. Like I said before, look at the garbage in your back yard.

Thread is Raksha Bandhan, brother. Raksha Bandhan is better than what you are practicing and advocating. Peace.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:57 pm

Really
When was the last time a commoner was allowed to come close to Aga Khan You big lier?
Many, many, many, many, millions ...........times. How would you know. Because your hatred towards our Imam even prevents you from looking at his work in the world. His family is very small. So when he goes anywhere he meets only commoners. He rarely travels with his family because they are all working for him and are heads of different Imamat Institutions. Go to akdn.org and look up about his visit to Kenya, where young children are singing, "we are the children of Aga Khan." Among the thousands of commoners he meets Poor Africans, African and Indian children, etc. Shakes hands with them without barriers, no gloves, no hanker chiefs, just bare hands, and all Ismailis whom he meets, Government leaders who are not Royals......Why I am telling you all this. You cannot understand anything as you lack grey matter. Go back to your jahaliyat.

Raksha Bandan is any day better than your beliefs. Amtes, keep up the good work.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:45 pm

^
Can you post some pictures him meeting lot of Commoners
Does he fasts, does he pray 5 times a day and can you show a picture of him performing Umrah or Hajj (SHOW PICTURES)
May be Raksha Bandhan is more important to deviant Muslim then following 5 pillars of Islam

qjbj

Unread post by qjbj » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Good one SBM. One thing for sure there is no transparency in Aga Khan followers. I know as a fact that someone married to a Aga Khani who is not born Aga Khani (that is a convert) is not allowed in their main prayer room. They have a separate room for converts. So what do they have to hide?

This JJ fellow looks like a supporter of Aga Khan version of kothar.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:04 am

Bohra spring wrote:get real...the issue is not about anti hindu. ..
Agreed, but it is coming dangerously close to it!!!

Bohra spring wrote:it is this is month of ramadhan. ..it is one month to glorify our faith....Everything else is second priority. ...
to pollute that spiritual month with yoga or raksha. .is unnecessary ...do it after ramadhan
There is nothing in exercising and creating a holy bond of a brother and sister in the month of Ramzan. Infact, to ensure you get your facts right, you are jumping the bandwagon, you are putting the cart before the horse. Raksha Bandhan topic hasnt even come up. Look at who initiated it. He himself admits, that it "MIGHT" be of importance, given that the festival is coming up soon
Bohra spring wrote:look at it from islamic point....
I have written before yoga has hindu philosophy. ..Om can never be Allah. ..period ...but I am not saying don't do exercise. ..call it exercise ..why yoga
If you will look at the pic of the Bohra bhai doing yoga, you will see he has his hands held in the form of Dua to Allah, not namaskar. Nobody is saying Om = Allah. You are the one who has started that here

Bohra spring wrote:raksha directly conflicts with mehrum rules....sisterhood between male and female is not possible in Islam. ..between women I would not object
REALLY???? Prove it. Raksha Bandhan creates a bond even stronger than that of Merhrum.
Bohra spring wrote:diluting islam in this month is a sign of weakness in our spirit ....Yes we can be tolerant and flexible but also need to be firm in our identity
We are being tolerant and flexible and firm. You are the one who is being rigid and inflexible.
Bohra spring wrote:ask yourself would the Prophet SAW approve such practice within Muslims? this practise within Hindus can be permitted as part of tolerance principles ...but don't impose on us.
Ask yourself if the Prophet (SAW) dissaprove of such practices? Common sense tells me he would not

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:50 am

As for criticizing the Agakhanis, I would say we have a lot to improve in our own house: So instead of criticizing others, why not work first to put our own house in order. Other then the above, I would prefer to not get into more debates about that issue, especially in the month of Ramazan, when time is precious.

As for yoga, PM Mr. Modi, Raksha Bandan and that issue, I do have some concerns wrt the Bohra community – I am posting them below.
----------------------------
Bhai Zinger, and others

The concern is not with Yoga or Raksha bandan, or any of our cultural heritages of India. Islam is our religion and culturally we are Indians, and there should be no contradiction there. That is our culture, and we should be proud of it and embrace it. The concern is that the Bohras are being used as “pawns” in a larger game …

Consider this. Everywhere that PM Mr. Narendra Modi goes, we Bohras show up in a group in Bohra dress. In the US, when PM Modi visited Madison Square Garden (in New York City) for his much talked about speech, I am told that people were specifically instructed to come in saya-topi and Rida ONLY. AND, we all sat together in a group so that we could be easily visible. And PM Modi specifically called us out, pointed to us and the camera pointed to the Bohra group several times.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUuHBjxCSf8 Look at 1:53. Also look at about 7:37 minutes into his speech, and PM Modi said “mere Bohra Samaj ke mitre yaha bethe hai, unku maloom hai”, and at several other times. Other channels showed Bohras much more.]

Same with Mr. Modi’s trips to Australia, France, etc. The pictures are on this website somewhere.

In my opinion, the sub-text of what was not said but meant to be conveyed is the following: How can you (world media/people) call me anti-muslim when here is this group (dressed to show that we are Muslims) supporting me actively? And that is how he is USIGN us, and we are allowing us to be used. [It is kind of a play on: How can you call me communal when my best friends are Muslims?]

And after the event, the PMO website had prominently a picture of Bohras. Other then showing it to the whole world, why have such a picture put up so prominently with a small community from India?

And the kothar MAY have its own agenda. Kothar has never come out so openly in favor of a political party before, but now we openly camp with Mr. Modi, and take that side. And given the going-ons in our community, it makes me suspect that they HAVE an agenda (again, just my opinion). If so, it bothers me that the ordinary members of our community are playing into the kothar and Modi’s hands and being part of this agenda.

So the concern is that we are being used as pawns for other people’s (Modi’s, Kothar’s) interests.

--------------------------------------
Before I sign-off, I want to clarify one more thing.

This is not about the position/institution of the PM of India. India is our country, we should love our country, and we respect the position/institution of the PM. I also respect that he is the (convincingly) elected PM of India. The concern is just what is stated above.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 am

Is it permissible for us as Muslim women to practice yoga, as it is originally a kind of Hindu worship?
Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:

There are differences of opinion among contemporary scholars on the ruling on practising yoga. Some of them are of the view that it is not allowed at all, others are of the view that it is permissible without any reservations. Yet others differentiated between some of its practices and others; they allowed those that are in accordance with sharee‘ah and forbade those that are contrary to it.

None of them denied – as far as we know – that the origin of this practice stems from idolatrous Hindu beliefs then Buddhism. Hence those who allow it in all cases took away from it anything that has to do with beliefs and spiritual matters, and passed the ruling on it on the basis that it is regarded as physical exercise. Those who forbade it did so because of its religious origins and the resemblance to those idol worshippers, and because of the harm it causes to the body, and other reasons. As for those who differentiate between one type and another, their opinion is not acceptable because it is not possible to eliminate the bad and because people are not able to distinguish between what is permissible and what is forbidden in it.

So it is both spiritual and physical exercise which was originally aimed at reaching oblivion and entering into a state of connection with God!

In the book al-Yoga wa’l-Tanaffus (yoga and breathing) by Muhammad ‘Abd al-Fattaah Faheem (p. 19), it says:

“Yoga in the sacred Indian language means union and contact with God, i.e., union between the body, the mind and God which helps man attain knowledge and wisdom and develops his thought by developing his knowledge of life; it protects him from sectarianism, religious fanaticism, narrowmindedness and shortsightedness when searching; it makes him live a life of contentment both physically and spiritually.”

In al-Mu‘jam al-Falsafi by Jameel Sulayba (2/590) it says:

“Yoga is a Sanskrit word which means union; it is used to refer to a kind of spiritual exercise that is practised by the wise men of India for the purpose of union with the universal spirit. Yoga is not a school of philosophical thought; rather it is an artistic way of doing some exercises that release the soul from physical and mental gravity and take it step-by-step towards reality. The Yogi is the wise man who practices this way.” End quote.

Both quotes taken from Mazaahirat al-Tashabbuh bi’l-Kuffaar fi’l-‘Asr al-Hadeeth wa Atharuha ‘ala al-Muslimeen.

In the definition of Yoga we see that it means union, i.e., union of man with the spirit, which is the universal spirit, by which they mean God. Hence the aim of this practice is to be a way of combining all other religions. Dr Ahmad Shalabi – who is a specialist in the religions of India – says:

“The union of Buddha with the Hindu gods is nothing but a return to belief in ‘Jnana Yoga’ i.e., the ‘path of knowledge’ which sees truth in all religions and philosophies. But this truth is only a particle of the greater, complete truth. This school of thought does not object to any religion or philosophy; it thinks that any religion or philosophy is not everything and is not the whole truth. The one who believes in this way of thinking does not belong to any religion or school of thought, because he regards the followers of all different religions as his brothers, no matter how they differ. So Jnana Yoga is a way that encompasses all beliefs and refuses to be restricted by any of them. We should highlight the fact that propagating and promoting this way of thinking is aimed at fighting Islam indirectly. I have seen these attempts in several countries. Islam is the force that defeated both Christian and Buddhist missionaries, so if they can manage to divert people in one way or another – even in the name of Jnana Yoga that encompasses all beliefs and does not restrict itself to any one of them – that is a great victory for them. After they have managed to divert the Muslim from Islam at the end of this smart trick, then it is possible to make him doubt and then pull him into another sphere. So let the Muslim beware of Yoga and its trickery and those who promote it.”

Adyaan al-Hind al-Kubra, p. 174

We think that forbidding it altogether is the correct approach. We have studied the words of many concerning this practice, and we have decided to sum up the comments on it from a book that deals specifically with the ruling on this practice, by a writer whom we trust with regard to his methodology and beliefs; he is a doctor who knows what he is saying when he criticises it even from a health point of view. This writer is Dr Faaris ‘Alwaan and his book is called al-Yoga fi Mizaan al-Naqd al-‘Ilmi, which was published by Darussalam in Cairo. Everything that we will quote below is from this book, but it should be noted that we cannot quote everything that it says in the book. Hence we will limit it to a definition of this practice and the discussion of the Islamic ruling on it; whoever wants to know more may refer to the book.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:46 am

Raksha Bandhan (रक्षा बन्धन) is a Hindu festival that celebrates the love and duty between brothers and sisters; the festival is also popularly used to celebrate any brother-sister like relationship between men and women who are relatives or biologically unrelated.[3][4] It is called Rakhi Purnima, or simply Rakhi, in many parts of India.[5] The festival is observed by Hindus, Jains, and many Sikhs.[1] Raksha Bandhan is primarily observed in India, Mauritius and parts of Nepal. It is also celebrated by Hindus and Sikhs in parts of Pakistan,[6] and by some people of Indian origin around the world.[7]

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:01 am

This issue with yoga and raksha is not a debate where one group is trying to win commentary

From pure islamic perspective it is not haram but not to be encouraged. How can we spare time glorifying hindu practices when our islamic piousness is incomplete!

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:54 pm

qjbj????
Good one SBM. One thing for sure there is no transparency in Aga Khan followers. I know as a fact that someone married to a Aga Khani who is not born Aga Khani (that is a convert) is not allowed in their main prayer room. They have a separate room for converts. So what do they have to hide?

This JJ fellow looks like a supporter of Aga Khan version of kothar.

Another liar! Once you have converted to Ismailism, there is no separate room for converts. There are hundreds of converts in Toronto plus 26,000 Ismailis, and 16 Jamat Khanas alone in Toronto and you tell me they have separate rooms for converts???? Aren't you ashamed of making up such lies? Do you fear Allah SWT. No wonder you guys sound idiotic because you are Jahils, children of Abu Jahal. No fear of Allah SWT because you know nothing about Him and His Majesty otherwise you would not be fighting amongst yourselves and other peace loving people. Sometimes I feel like praying for curse of Allah SWT on you, but no, my faith is against it! So I leave you liars to Allah SWT to do His justice.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:20 am

^
Can you post some pictures him meeting lot of Commoners
Does he fasts, does he pray 5 times a day and can you show a picture of him performing Umrah or Hajj (SHOW PICTURES)
May be Raksha Bandhan is more important to deviant Muslim then following 5 pillars of Islam

I don't have to post pictures here and derail the thread. Since you want to derail the thread, go to http://www.akdn.org and see for yourself. I have told you many times go to akdn.org and do your homework but it seems you are so ignorant you cannot read anything that would make sense to an otherwise intelligent person.

Do you fast? Have your performed Umrah or Hajj, Do you pray 5 times a day. Please post pictures! Otherewise, you are a deviant Muslim according to your preachings. Obviously, you are not taught what true Islam is. Let me tell you if you are a Muslim, you mind your own business and leave the rest to Allah SWT. You do not judge. We are not obligated to prove anything to you low lives just as you do not have to prove anything to us. Especially, us because we do not give a damn.

Raksha Bandan is good and important to me because there is no evil in it. The evil which surely exists in your version of Islam. You are not following Islam buddy, you are following paganism. There are other Muslims on this forum but they do not make stupid statements like you, neither do they support you, apart from a couple of fools who share your version of Islam.

Yes he fasts for sure. Last time I showed a picture about him praying Namaz at the age of 7 I was still ridiculed so why should I waste my time with you Jahils because you are pathetic, truly pathetic. I had some respect for you SBM, but no more now. You are as stupid as the rest of the Jahils. No wonder Islam, a beautiful religion, is now a religion full of low lives like you. May Allah SWT have mercy on us. Inshallah, one day you Jahils will pay your price. From here on I shall not read your posts and will ignore you. You have vowed to ignore me, but you obviously were hell bent on derailing the thread because you knew very there was no validity in criticising Rakhsa Bandan. So decided to make it an Ismaili bashing.....You are truly pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. I pity your parents and your imam of the Mosque. They have failed you. I am sure they are not equally stupid.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:05 am

Do you fast? Have your performed Umrah or Hajj, Do you pray 5 times a day. Please post pictures! Otherewise, you are a deviant Muslim according to your preachings
I do not call myself Imam and I do not have followers
A leader has to lead by example BTW I do pray 5 times a day, I have performed Umrah and Hajj and yes I do have pictures in public domain about me praying and many member of this forum are aware of it.
Since you can not produce a single picture of him performing Umrah and Hajj so it proves that he may not have done so.
Again you are the defender so do not ask me to read your PR literature just simply provide some pictures him praying or leading 5 prayers a day and performing Umrah and Hajj.

SBM

Crack down on Yoga Classes

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:31 am

LONDON: Close on the heels of India leading worldwide International Yoga Day celebrations, Yoga classes have been banned in a central Russian city by the authorities to check spread of 'religious occultism'.

At the centre of the crackdown are two studios holding classes for Hatha Yoga -- a set of asanas or postures involving deep breathing and tough physical exercises, which as per Hindu mythology was first practised by Lord Shiva.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 881715.cms

May be Zinger and JavedJuma can now teach Russians that Yoga is NOT a hindu ritual. How about putting your comments in Times of India defending what you defended here.

zinger

Re: Crack down on Yoga Classes

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:38 am

SBM wrote:LONDON: Close on the heels of India leading worldwide International Yoga Day celebrations, Yoga classes have been banned in a central Russian city by the authorities to check spread of 'religious occultism'.

At the centre of the crackdown are two studios holding classes for Hatha Yoga -- a set of asanas or postures involving deep breathing and tough physical exercises, which as per Hindu mythology was first practised by Lord Shiva.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 881715.cms

May be Zinger and JavedJuma can now teach Russians that Yoga is NOT a hindu ritual. How about putting your comments in Times of India defending what you defended here.
what can i say, Russians are jumping on the same bandwagon as some people on this site

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:02 am

what can i say, Russians are jumping on the same bandwagon as some people on this site
Just as some on this forum are jumping with backward thinking Kothari Goons about doing Yoga in Masjid during the month of Ramadan.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:36 am

SBM wrote:
Just as some on this forum are jumping with backward thinking Kothari Goons about doing Yoga in Masjid during the month of Ramadan.
free hand exercises my learned friend, not yoga :roll:

now tell me what is wrong with doing free hand exercises "AFTER" namaaz and other religious obligations are fulfilled.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:56 am

Zinger
Free hand exerciser which you keep on defending has been practiced by BOHRAS DURING THE MAATAM very well

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:46 pm

SBM wrote:Zinger
Free hand exerciser which you keep on defending has been practiced by BOHRAS DURING THE MAATAM very well

bhai, i think the roza is getting to you. you are talking nonsense. get some rest. i have told you before too, dont type when you are jetlagged, or roza-lagged in this case, you ramble.

come back to me after Idd