80 Year Old Man Builds Taj Mahal For His Late Wife

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
ghulam muhammed

80 Year Old Man Builds Taj Mahal For His Late Wife

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:58 pm

This 80-year-old retired postmaster builds Taj Mahal for his late wife

Faizul Hasan Qadri, an 80-year old man from Bulandshahr, is building a ‘mini Taj Mahal’ for his late wife Tajamulli Begum, Hindustan Times reported. Qadri had married Tajamulli in 1953. After Tajamulli died due to throat cancer in 2011, Qadri decided to devote all his money for constructing a mini Taj Mahal to express his love for his late wife. Qadri buried her on his agricultural land, and then later began the construction.

Building a new Taj Mahal wasn’t an easy task for Qadri. Many times the construction work came to halt due to lack of money. “Initially, I sold a piece of land for Rs 6 lakh and my wife’s gold and silver jewellery for Rs 1.5 lakh and got the ‘makbara’ (mausoleum) constructed with the help of a local mason named Asgar. A total of Rs 11 lakh was spent,” Qadri told to HT.

However, Qadri needs financial help to get marble studded on the monument and also to build a lush green park around the construction but he refused to take any help from others. “This is my personal endeavour for my late wife and embodies my love for her. So I should do this on my own,” said Qadri.

Qadri’s half finished Taj Mahal has become acentre of attraction among locals and people are visiting the place to witness the beauty of mini Taj Mahal. Impressed by his work, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has called Qadri for a meet and is likely to help him to complete the remaining work. But Qadri has some other plans ahead of the meet. “I will request the CM to get my village school recognized by the education board rather,” said Qadri.

http://www.india.com/news/india/this-80 ... campaign=4