Trump as the POTUS

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
zinger

Trump as the POTUS

Unread post by zinger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:03 am

Hi,

Want to know very objectively, from people like SBM and Anajmi (who are living in the US), what Trump becoming POTUS means to them.

Would appreciate a subjective, rational response rather than getting into a debate on his personal views.

i want to know what does this translate into for the US economy, her trade relations with other countries etc

SBM

Re: Trump as the POTUS

Unread post by SBM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:56 am

There is not going to be much of change. Honestly if Trump would not have Muslim bashing, I would have voted him, Of the two bad characters we had Hillary seemed to be less evil
To take a prospective look, many blacks celebrated when Obama was elected thinking their life will change, there was no difference. For Muslims who thought Obama will be more friendly to them, we had surprises, he NEVER visited any Masjid in USA, during his tenure more innocent Muslims were killed overseas under Drone strike.
Just like Congress used Indian Muslims as vote bank, Democrats used Muslims as vote bank without any payback.
In USA it is the local election which affects our lives and I am happy to say that locally Muslim have shared much better of their choices.
Americans have very short memory and they will forget in next few days that we elected an Orange man as our President. Look at our stock market, when the news came at wee hours, market was down almost 800 points, by mid afternoon it was up 20 points.
Real test will come when he assumes the office and what kind of cabinet he picks.
Stay tuned

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:19 pm

I also live in the US, and so here are some of my thoughts.

Trump wining is probably a good thing. Hillary is a known crook, who would, and has, sell her own grandma to get into office and make a buck. Hillary and Obama's policies in the Middle East have lead to the failed Arab Spring, needless destruction of Libya and shady, secret deals with Iran.

As to next steps. I think one can look forward to the following:

- Getting rid of Obamacare. This is 100%, given the dismal performance of the plan and its total failure to control prices. (Incidentally, the failure of price control is from the lack of competition and the legal coercion for people to purchase insurance even if they don't want to. This is a natural scenario in which prices will increase, as anyone with Econ 101 will tell you)

- Crack down on illegal immigration. Deportation of illegal aliens with criminal records, specially those in prison already. Strengthening of border patrol (which has been unmanned by Obama) and giving more power and money to border control. Unlikely that a physical wall will be built.

- Zero out Syrian refugees influx into the US. This is a good thing. It's hard to vet these refugees and very likely many of them are extremist, and perhaps even dangerous.

- Increasing US oil production even further. This will, Allah willing, disable and economically destabilize Saudi Arabia (curse and pox be on the House of Saud and all their supporters), dealing a blow to their global Wahhabi/Salafi/Takfiri mischief mongering.

- Increased surveillance and vetting of Muslims coming into the US. This is not such a good thing, but I think it is needed. Given the fact that large number of Muslim orgs are funded by Saudi and controlled by people sympathetic to the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas, this is a overall good thing. Sadly, individual Muslims, most of them nice folks, may suffer as a consequence, which is not a good thing.

- Re-negotiate trade deals, making the trade deficit smaller, or close to zero. This is a very serious problem which needs to be dealt with.

- Appointment of a conservative Supreme Court justice. This is crucial to balance the strong liberal bias in the current crop of judges.

- Control misuse of H1-B and other visa programs which bring in cheap labor into the US at the cost of driving down wages and increasing unemployment.

Many others things may happen, and perhaps will happen. Given that Republicans control Congress and White House, and pretty soon the Supreme Court too, things will be very interesting indeed.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:58 pm

^
Biradar
Seems like you must have written the Manifesto for Donald Trumpf.
- Crack down on illegal immigration. Deportation of illegal aliens with criminal records, specially those in prison already. Strengthening of border patrol (which has been unmanned by Obama) and giving more power and money to border control. Unlikely that a physical wall will be built.
How about boat load of Cubans coming to our shore every week and no one does VETTING on them. Did you know crime rate in South Florida has risen. South Florida is the capital for Medicare Fraud/Food Stamp Fraud and Auto Insurance scams. And of course Donald Trumpf has no plan stopping this illegal migration.
BTW Syrian refugees are vetted over 2 years before admitted to this country while Cubans (many of them criminals let out by Cuban authorities) have no such restriction as our stupid Wet Foot Dry Foot Policy. I hope you can convince your favorite Donald Trumpf to look into this.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:10 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/world-reacti ... 58759.html
Only if they knew Donald Trumpf loves BEEF Steaks and Gau Maata is NOT sacred to him

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Can Indians understand Trumpf speaking Hindi? (funny)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkzRKXhwhv8

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:41 pm

SBM wrote:^
Biradar
Seems like you must have written the Manifesto for Donald Trumpf.
How about boat load of Cubans coming to our shore every week and no one does VETTING on them. Did you know crime rate in South Florida has risen. South Florida is the capital for Medicare Fraud/Food Stamp Fraud and Auto Insurance scams. And of course Donald Trumpf has no plan stopping this illegal migration.
BTW Syrian refugees are vetted over 2 years before admitted to this country while Cubans (many of them criminals let out by Cuban authorities) have no such restriction as our stupid Wet Foot Dry Foot Policy. I hope you can convince your favorite Donald Trumpf to look into this.
Congratulation! In your zeal to make fun, you have made the exact point Trump is making: that is, illegal aliens commit a lot of crime, and that the criminals from other countries end up in the US. Syrian refugees are not immigrants, but refugees. Both the illegal alien flood into the US needs to stop, as well as refugee flow. Thats all.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:10 am

Congratulation! In your zeal to make fun, you have made the exact point Trump is making: that is, illegal aliens commit a lot of crime, and that the criminals from other countries end up in the US. Syrian refugees are not immigrants, but refugees. Both the illegal alien flood into the US needs to stop, as well as refugee flow. Thats all.
No Biradar I did not make fun but try to bring to your attention that in your zeal to defend Donal Trumpf, you forgot to see his hypocritical stand on Refugees, You are ready to support him on his ban on Syrian Refugees who are being thoroughly vetted but did not answer about loads of Cuban REFUGEES ending up on our shores. He nor his Republican Elks talk about banning CUBAN Refugees who are still using Wet Foot Dry Foot policy to come ashore every week.
Why this double standard

Michigan

Unread post by Michigan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 am

SBM, the wet feet dry feet policy was made in 1995, a pre 9-11 world, a different time. Those people were fleeing from communism and had no underlying ideological corruption. Very recently, doors have been opened to Cuba and after 2014 its not a "terrorist state" anymore. That being said, I think the new immigration policies will be tightened for all immigrants/refugees and the reasoning behind wet feet dry feet no longer holds true.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:25 pm

Those people were fleeing from communism
Communism= dictatorship
So why not allow the Syrian Refugees who are put in this state because of the EGOS of USA and USSR. These as well as Saudia and Iran are responsible for the plight of Syrians. Saudi being surrogate of USA and Iran being surrogate of USSR and the victims are poor Syrians.
BTW Syrian regime is more brutal then Communist Cuban regime.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Sorry to say Biradar, but your assessment of Trump is a lot more charitable than he deserves. He is a proto-fascist, and your support (albiet qualified) for his most egregious policies regarding, immigrants and muslims shows you up as a close-minded conservative, the class of people that Trump has appealed to and successfully tapped into their anger and resentment. From your commentary on Bohra and Islamic issues nobody would have suspected you to be a political and social reactionary. It came as a total surprise to me.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Humsafar wrote:Sorry to say Biradar, but your assessment of Trump is a lot more charitable than he deserves. He is a proto-fascist, and your support (albiet qualified) for his most egregious policies regarding, immigrants and muslims shows you up as a close-minded conservative, the class of people that Trump has appealed to and successfully tapped into their anger and resentment. From your commentary on Bohra and Islamic issues nobody would have suspected you to be a political and social reactionary. It came as a total surprise to me.
I don't think you understand at all. The topic of this post was "What will Trump becoming POTUS means". Not what I want him to do!! I am listing out I think will happen. Obviously, I am not saying I agree with it! Please, calm down, drink some cold water and fan yourself a little if you are too hot. My, my.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Well, you are not merely listing out your prediction, you are also expressing your opinion which looks like you are agreeing with his xenophobic, fear-mongering agenda:
Zero out Syrian refugees influx into the US. This is a good thing. It's hard to vet these refugees and very likely many of them are extremist, and perhaps even dangerous.
Increased surveillance and vetting of Muslims coming into the US. This is not such a good thing, but I think it is needed.
Of course, your have a right to your opinion, I'm just saying that I was surprised that you would hold them.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Trump getting elected was the best thing for world peace. We all can rest for now, and know there isn't going to be world war 3. Hillary is one evil person to walk on the face of this earth. She is corrupt, wahabi loving warmongering pathological liar. She has close ties with those wahabis rodents whom contributed 20% of her election campaign. This evil woman wanted to enforce a no fly zone over syria and that in turn would mean a war with Russia. Trump wants to restore relasjons with Russia.
I believe when Trump was talking about Muslims, he was referring to those Wahabi rodents.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:37 am

^
Oh well Biradar found a companion supporting Trumpf :lol: :lol:

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Br Biradar
You still feel Trump is the right choice after his cabinet choices?

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:08 pm

SBM wrote:Br Biradar
You still feel Trump is the right choice after his cabinet choices?
Over the last few years I have changed my view about you. I actually like you, and think of you as a friend. However, you are very naive and perhaps bordering on a simpleton. I appreciate the work you are doing, and wish you all the best. Lets not talk politics. What Trump does or does not do is not in our control at present. He will do what he thinks is correct for the country. Wait and watch. That is all.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:26 am

We all know Killery would continue Obamas policies on steroids. Countries on the list for regime change after Syria is Lebanon, Iran. Obama waged drone war in seven countries and bombed five. All were majority Muslim. So what please could Trump actually do to Muslim people that would be worse than what Bush or Obama have done?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:38 pm

Is Trump mentally unstable? US professors think so, want full check-up

"We are writing to express our grave concern regarding the mental stability of our President-elect," three experts wrote in a letter to President Obama.

Three leading professors of psychiatry from America's prestigious universities have written to President Barack Obama, expressing their "grave concern" over his successor Donald Trump's mental stability.

In the letter addressed to the US president, the doctors -- one from the Harvard Medical School and two others who have been associated with top US varsities over the years -- have urged him to order a "full medical and neuropsychiatric evaluation" before the President-elect takes office on January 20.

"We are writing to express our grave concern regarding the mental stability of our President-elect," the letter published by the Huffington Post read.

The letter assumes significance as it is written by three distinguished professors of psychiatry -- Judith Herman, Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; Nanette Gartrell, Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco (1988-2011,) and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School (1983-87); and Dee Mosbacher, Ph.D. Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Community Health Systems University of California, San Francisco (2005-2013).

"Professional standards do not permit us to venture a diagnosis for a public figure whom we have not evaluated personally. Nevertheless, his widely reported symptoms of mental instability -- including grandiosity, impulsivity, hypersensitivity to slights or criticism, and an apparent inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality -- lead us to question his fitness for the immense responsibilities of the office," the letter said.

"We strongly recommend that, in preparation for assuming these responsibilities, he receive a full medical and neuropsychiatric evaluation by an impartial team of investigators," it said.

In August, President Obama had questioned the 70-year-old business tycoon's judgement and temperament and called him "unfit to serve as president".

This is not the first time mental health professionals have weighed in on Trump's suitability for office.

In June, Atlantic published a psychologist's findings that Trump suffered from "narcissism, disagreeableness, grandiosity".

In August, an Oxford study claimed that Trump has more psychopathic traits than Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler.

Psychologist Kevin Dutton from Oxford University ranked the psychopathic traits of the US presidential hopefuls and historical figures using a standard psychometric tool -- the Psychopathic Personality Inventory - Revised (PPI-R).

Trump outstripped Hitler on factors including social influence and fearlessness, while the Nazi dictator scored higher on cold-heartedness and Machiavellian egocentricity, which describes a lack of empathy and sense of detachment from others for the sake of achieving one's own goals.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/internation ... l-check-up

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Top 10 signs that a U.S. president is a Russian agent

It sounds like the stuff of conspiracy theorists and the tinfoil brigade.

It’s even straight out of Cold War fiction.

But in the shadowy world of espionage, accusations and counter-accusations, how can the ordinary citizen tell if the next U.S. president is actually an agent of the Kremlin?

Good news: We’ve got your back.

Here are 10 “telltale signs” that a U.S. president might be a Russian spy, and how we might be able to swear in a “Comrade-in-Chief” next month.

1. U.S. intelligence concludes that the Kremlin helped put him in power.

That’s usually a pretty strong giveaway right there. The CIA has never before accused the Kremlin of interfering in a U.S. election. They’re probably not 0-for-1.

Mind you, when Russian hackers pointedly attacked and embarrassed Donald Trump’s opponent, but left him completely alone, you have to ask: Did we really need a report by the CIA?

2. The new president sides with the Kremlin against the CIA.

Trump’s dismissive response to this news includes three classic spin techniques: shooting the messenger, by attacking the CIA; misdirection, by raising doubts about the CIA’s competence, namely the claim that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when it didn’t; and begging the question, by implying we should now “move on.”

Neither is a serious argument. Indeed, if the CIA’s report is accurate, why on Earth would we “move on”?

Imagine Ronald Reagan or Dwight Eisenhower reacting this way to a CIA statement about Kremlin activities in the U.S.

Go on — try.

3. He receives vast sums of money from mysterious Russians.

This even includes an astonishing $95 million that Trump personally received from a Russian billionaire during the 2008 collapse.

In Vladimir Putin’s kleptostate, there is no fine line between the state and the private sector, the president and the oligarchs.

As Trump’s son Eric confessed: “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. … We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

4. His election suddenly makes a lot of people rich … in Moscow.

You think Wall Street has done well since Trump’s election victory?

The S&P 500 stock index SPX, +0.36% of the U.S. is up about 5% since Nov. 8.

Moscow’s RTS index: 20%.

Yes, really — from 973 to 1,148. Let the vodka flow! It’s not just about the oil rally, either. The RTS’s increase is more than twice that of global energy stocks.

Putin and his pals were nursing painful losses for several years. But no longer — Moscow stocks are back to their highest levels since the Ukrainian crisis.

5. He wants to end Russia’s global isolation.

Vladimir Putin’s sinister state has been subject to global sanctions since 2014, and for good reason. He’s destabilized Ukraine and annexed Crimea. The British government concluded he had “probably” assassinated a critic in London. He helped arm the people who blew up Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, killing 298 people.

Trump’s response? He praises Putin’s leadership, wants to “get along” with Russia, and hints strongly at ending those sanctions — something he can do by executive order.

6. He surrounds himself with known Russian agents and sympathizers.

Those include Carter Page and the menacing Paul Manafort. You’d imagine that a Kremlin agent in the White House would appoint a close friend of Russia — indeed, someone who actually won the Russian Order of Friendship award — as secretary of state.

No wonder one of Putin’s advisers is praising Trump’s “fantastic” team.

7. He repeatedly refuses to criticize the Kremlin.

It’s been Sherlock Holmes’s dog that didn’t bark.

Time and again, during the election campaign and since, Trump has had every opportunity and incentive to criticize Vladimir Putin. He was repeatedly criticized on the campaign trail for being too soft on Putin, or too friendly toward him, or even in Putin’s pocket.

And each time, Trump failed. He just couldn’t criticize Putin. Not even for allegedly murdering journalists. I mean, how hard is that?

Sometimes silence speaks louder than words.

8. He immediately drives a wedge between the U.S. and Russia’s chief Asian rival, China.

What could make the Kremlin happier than a public feud between Washington and Beijing — for example, over Taiwan?

A full trade war between the two, including tariffs — that’s what!

In retrospect, doesn’t it seem odd that so much of Trump’s campaign has been devoted to attacking China and demonizing the Chinese (oh, and the Japanese) before the eyes of the American public?

Any conflict or tension between the U.S. and China, the world’s two biggest economic powers, is great news for Russia. It weakens China, hurts international unity against Russia and reduces America’s strategic options. Brilliant!

9. He also undermines NATO.

Trump’s comments undermining NATO, and particularly its commitment to the Baltic states, has long been the stuff of fantasy to Putin’s Kremlin.

The Russians have hated the North Atlantic Treaty Organization since Harry Truman set it up in 1949 to stop the Soviet Union’s expansion of its European sphere of influence. They’re especially furious about the Western alliance’s expansion into Eastern Europe after the collapse of the Berlin Wall.

Many in Russia consider the Baltic states to be traditional subjects of the “Russian empire.”

It tells you a lot that the Lithuanian government recently started handing out instructions to its citizens on how to cope if Russian tanks roll back in.

10. Oh, yeah — and he once marketed his own brand of vodka.

Not beer. Not bourbon. Not even gin.

Vodka.

Really, in retrospect, how hard was this?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/top-10 ... 2016-12-13

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Trump Chooses Hard-Liner as Ambassador to Israel

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump on Thursday named David M. Friedman, a bankruptcy lawyer aligned with the Israeli far right, as his nominee for ambassador to Israel, elevating a campaign adviser who has questioned the need for a two-state solution and has likened left-leaning Jews in America to the Jews who aided the Nazis in the Holocaust.

Mr. Friedman, whose outspoken views stand in stark contrast to decades of American policy toward Israel, did not wait long on Thursday to signal his intention to upend the American approach. In a statement from the Trump transition team announcing his nomination, he said he looked forward to doing the job “from the U.S. embassy in Israel’s eternal capital, Jerusalem.”

Mr. Friedman, who has no diplomatic experience, has said that he does not believe it would be illegal for Israel to annex the occupied West Bank and he supports building new settlements there, which Washington has long condemned as illegitimate and an obstacle to peace.

Mr. Friedman was a fluent speaker of Hebrew and “a lifelong student of Israel’s history.”

Mr. Friedman’s appointment was quickly praised by the Republican Jewish Coalition, whose executive director, Matt Brooks, called it “a powerful signal to the Jewish community.”

Mr. Friedman has made clear his disdain for those American Jews — especially those connected to J Street — who support a two-state solution for the Israelis and the Palestinians. Writing in June on the website of Arutz Sheva, an Israeli media organization, Mr. Friedman compared J Street supporters to “kapos,” the Jews who cooperated with the Nazis during the Holocaust.

“The kapos faced extraordinary cruelty,” he wrote. “But J Street? They are just smug advocates of Israel’s destruction delivered from the comfort of their secure American sofas — it’s hard to imagine anyone worse.”

At a private session this month at the Saban Forum, an annual gathering of Israeli and American foreign policy figures, Mr. Friedman declined to disavow the comments and even intensified the sentiment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/us/po ... .html?_r=0