Allah likes the rich.

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
seeker110

Allah likes the rich.

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:04 pm

All conveniences are provided to the rich.Good food,good clothes,fragrances and effortless living.
Even the ease of prayers and the reason to be thankful are also for the rich.Poor just get the i.o.you's.
Be thankful for the life,no matter how hard your life is.You will be rewarded in the after life.By the way there are different levels up there too.Hope you get chances to make it to the higher level.
Why should the poor fast,they already know how it feels when hunger burns you inside.These poor dont think about Allah.They are constantly thinking about food.Nothing is perfect,nothing.We will find reasons and excuses to justify the hidden meaning behind all the problems we face.End result will be ....... nobody knows.

Aarif

Re: Allah likes the rich.

Unread post by Aarif » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Seeker,

Your post brings out an important point. The Hindus believe strongly in that.. In fact the Hindus believe that during the early days of human civilization god was only accessible to the the rich and elite... Hence, the poor started seeking god in stones as per their imagination (one of the main reason why hindus construct temples wherever they want and of whoever they want). Thus the concept of god as per them is pretty much restricted to individual belief... And this is the main reason why they have such a whopping number of gods...

However, Islam does not believe in it... In fact the Surah of Kul-howalla-ho-hud clearly mentions that allah has no family i.e. he is not from anybody and nobody is from him. This means that allah is unique and neutral. So by default he does not favour the rich or elite. Everyone is same in his eyes whether a king or a begger..

However, I do not know how to explain the imbalance of poverty and other sufferings among people. Maybe some one can explain this in light of Quran as to how this is justified...

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:25 pm

Actually, if you look at percentages, very few rich people actually believe in God. A very high percentage of the poor believe in God for obvious reasons. So if God made everyone the same, who would pray to him or worship him. As per the quran, the main reason he created humans was to worship him. Also, according to the quran, life of this world is a test and Allah test humans by good and by evil. The story of prophet Ayub (AS) in the quran should be read as an example. He was tested with a lot of wealth and then in poverty and in sickness.

If everyone on earth had the same wealth and health, the world would stop functioning. Who would need doctors? Why would someone choose to work as a janitor or a nurse? or a farmer? Why would anyone choose to work at all?

Allah does not love the rich, if he did, all his prophets would've been rich and powerful. The rich have always opposed the message of God. One of the signs of a true prophet is that his the first ones to follow him are the poor and the first ones to oppose him are the rich and the powerful.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:58 pm

Thanks to br.Areef and br.Anajmi,for your clarification but here is the picture I saw many years ago.
After breaking fast in masjid I would leave the masjid for hot samosas and cold cokes.Then would return just when isha azan was in progress.One such time after the samosas were purchased I happened to see a mazdoor sitting with his son eating roti and piyaz.A light went on inside of me something just occurred in my mind that the poor mazdoor will get sawab of 30 fasts for each one he keeps and I will maybe get one for every 30 I keep.There was no way Allah could count my roza the same as such person who does fast in such hard condition.
Brother Anajmi said in one of his posts how we will get 70 time for one good we do.If you were the judge would you reward me the same as the poor mazdoor? So when I see people talking about fixed rewards its hard to comprehend the biased system.
Also,the rich and the poor through the eye of the needle is well known parable.Problem is when does one becomes rich and where does poverty start.Is there a fine line defining the separation.Remember McCain said 5 mil is middle class.Who will decide for us the distinction of rich and poor.
Also if Allah gives me everything I need doesnt he do that because he likes me or something I do pleases him.Why not just say jazakallah and hope he doesnt hold it against you.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:44 am

If you were the judge would you reward me the same as the poor mazdoor?
Definitely not. If that decision was easy for me to make then it is definitely very easy for Allah to make. Consider a poor person to be given the handicap advantage in the hereafter.
Who will decide for us the distinction of rich and poor.
Allah will. You might think you are poor but that is for Allah to figure out. For eg. Let us say you have 0 bank balance and I have $ 5 mill and no eyes. I want to make a deal with you, give me your eyes and you can take my $ 5 mill. Will you? If your answer is no, which I assume it will be, then that means even though you consider yourself poor, you have something which is worth more than my $5 mill. So be thankful for what you have, give what you can and then pray for the rest.

Thai

Unread post by Thai » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:43 am

I don't remember the verse, but the Quran says somewhere that wealth is a trial. That those who have been granted the gift of wealth have the responsibility to use it in the way of Allah. The trial is that of the soul wanting the ease and comfort wealth provides for ourselves or for the benefit of others. Those who do not have wealth to spare do not have this responsibility.

When Bill and Melinda Gates of microsoft visited India, they went to see the poor. Later, after they had finished their trip to India, they commented that the children of the poor of India might not have the wealth and comfort of the American lifestyle, but they had an abundance of happiness that was often missing from American homes. ---there are some things that money cannot buy.

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:48 pm

.. the Quran says somewhere that wealth is a trial. .[/QB]
21:35 Every human being is bound to taste death; and We test you [all] through the bad and the good [things of life] by way of trial: and unto Us you all must return. [45]
كُلُّ نَفْسٍ ذَائِقَةُ الْمَوْتِ وَنَبْلُوكُم بِالشَّرِّ وَالْخَيْرِ فِتْنَةً وَإِلَيْنَا تُرْجَعُونَ (21:35)

33:24 [Such trials are imposed upon man] so that God may reward the truthful for having been true to their word, and cause the hypocrites to suffer - if that be His will - or [if they repent,] accept their repen­tance: [27] for, verily, God is indeed much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace!

لِيَجْزِيَ اللَّهُ الصَّادِقِينَ بِصِدْقِهِمْ وَيُعَذِّبَ الْمُنَافِقِينَ إِن شَاء أَوْ يَتُوبَ عَلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا (33:24)

39:49 NOW [thus it is:] when affliction befalls man, he cries out unto Us for help; but when We bestow upon him a boon by Our grace, he says [to himself], “I have been given [all] this by virtue of [my own] wisdom!” [55] Nay, this [bestowal of grace] is a trial: but most of them understand it not!

فَإِذَا مَسَّ الْإِنسَانَ ضُرٌّ دَعَانَا ثُمَّ إِذَا خَوَّلْنَاهُ نِعْمَةً مِّنَّا قَالَ إِنَّمَا أُوتِيتُهُ عَلَى عِلْمٍ بَلْ هِيَ فِتْنَةٌ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَهُمْ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ (39:49)

39:49 NOW [thus it is:] when affliction befalls man, he cries out unto Us for help; but when We bestow upon him a boon by Our grace, he says [to himself], “I have been given [all] this by virtue of [my own] wisdom!” [55] Nay, this [bestowal of grace] is a trial: but most of them understand it not!

فَإِذَا مَسَّ الْإِنسَانَ ضُرٌّ دَعَانَا ثُمَّ إِذَا خَوَّلْنَاهُ نِعْمَةً مِّنَّا قَالَ إِنَّمَا أُوتِيتُهُ عَلَى عِلْمٍ بَلْ هِيَ فِتْنَةٌ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَهُمْ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ (39:49)

64:15 Your worldly goods and your children are but a trial and a temptation, [13] whereas with God there is a tremendous reward.

إِنَّمَا أَمْوَالُكُمْ وَأَوْلَادُكُمْ فِتْنَةٌ وَاللَّهُ عِندَهُ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌ (64:15)

90:4 Verily, We have created man into [a life of] pain, toil and trial. [3]

Laqad khalaqna alinsana fee kabadin

لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ فِي كَبَدٍ (90:4)

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:12 pm

Seeker,

To further add to your post, remember that people who suffer the most are closest to allah. He puts the chosen ones on a rigourous path of suffering and hardships. As mentioned by Anajmi, if you see the lives of prophets they suffered the most. Even a grt man like Imam Husain went through extreme pain and suffering. In our real world it is common knowledge that people who work hard prosper in life. Some might have to work harder than others, but in general the harder you work the more you progress. Similarly when allah puts you through the toughest of tests and you pass them with flying colors you become closer to him. And lastly never judge people from their financial status. Anajmi has given a very good example of blind rich man... Almost all human beings suffer in their own individual ways and only allah knows about that. The mazdoor that you have mentioned might be sleeping very peacefully in the night as compared to a billionaire who would be taking sleeping pills to get the same sleep... Also, happiness is a state of mind... Some of the biggest kings and emperors were very unhappy from inside whereas ordinary people on the other hand during their times lived a life of bliss and happiness...

Thai

Unread post by Thai » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:21 am

feelgud---thankyou again for the verses. What an amazing ability to find relevant verses so quickly!!!