~Quotes ~Phrases ~Poems

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
ghulam muhammed

Re: ~Quotes ~Phrases ~Poems

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:36 pm

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am grateful to those teachers"
-- Khalil Gibran.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:51 pm

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it..' ~ Aristotle

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:46 pm

“Subjects, blind and ignorant, submitting (to the oppressors) are as good as dead — .”
- Guru Nanak.

“Greed is the ruler, sin is the treasurer and falsehood is the ministration–.”
- Guru Nanak.

Guru Nanak spares neither Hindu priest nor Muslim Mullah. “No more the chants of Qadi and Brahman. The Satan himself now solemnizes the nuptials”.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:49 pm

In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.
Mother Teresa

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon May 06, 2013 5:24 pm

"love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone...... death ends only a life, not a relationship...."

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu May 09, 2013 5:04 pm

When you're single, people ask about your engagement.
When you have a fiancée, they ask about wedding?
When you get married, they ask when will you have a baby?
When you already have one, they ask when is little brother or sister coming?
When you get... divorced, they ask why?
If you moved on, they ask why so quickly?

People will never stop asking...

If you're proud of who you are and you don't care about what people think about you, LIKE it, because it's YOUR LIFE and if you obey Allah and follow the Sunnah, YOU alone should decide how to LIVE IT.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat May 25, 2013 3:48 pm

“Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers. Or you can grow weeds.”

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue May 28, 2013 5:18 pm

"The endless cycle of idea and action,
Endless invention, endless experiment,
Brings knowledge of motion, but not of stillness;
Knowledge of speech, but not of silence;
Knowledge of words, and ignorance of the Word......
Where is the Life we have lost in living?
Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

T S Eliot

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:48 pm

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."

---- Martin Luther King

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Alexander's Last Words........ "Bury my body, do not build any monument, keep my hands outside so that the world knows the person who won the world has nothing in his hands when dying".

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:30 pm

When you die, 9 things GOD won't ask you:

1..... God won't ask what kind of car you drove. He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation..

2..... God won't ask the square footage of your house, He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

3..... God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet, He'll ask how many you helped to clothe.

4..... God won't ask what your highest salary was. He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.

5..... God won't ask what your job title was. He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.

6..... God won't ask how many friends you had. He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.

7..... God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.

8..... God won't ask about the color of your skin, He'll ask about the content of your character.

9..... God won't ask why it took you so long to find Him and ask Him into your house, He'll lovingly take you to heaven and not to the gates of Hell.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:46 pm

The Fasting & the Starving

By Imran Ali

I awake in the morning,
From the warmth of my bed.
He sleeps not, due to hunger,
He has no tears to shed.

I descend my stairs,
Food I can smell.
He struggles to stand,
As he walks to the well.

I have so much to choose,
There is food to spare.
He gathers water with dirt,
And drinks without care.

I am full from my feast,
The rest goes to waste.
He ate nothing, drank filth,
He has nothing to taste.

I make my intention.
Then to prayer I stand.
There is no water left,
Instead he uses sand.

My stomach is full,
Satisfied, I sleep.
His stomach is empty,
In pain he weeps.

I awake later on,
My sleep, satisfactory.
He has not sleeped at all,
And now works in a factory.

I relax in my home,
With the leisures of the West.
From dawn 'till dusk,
He has no rest.

I read the Qur'aan,
And Hadiths of my Prophet.
He yearns for such knowledge,
But only works for a profit.

I enjoy the holidays,
Time away from school.
He would cherish education,
As it is Life's greatest tool.

The Sun is setting,
I help prepare the meal.
He returns from work, exhausted,
His fingers can no longer feel.

I break my fast with my family,
We complain how it was tough.
He shares a date with his Sister and Mother,
For now, it has to be enough.

I finish the banquet prepared,
Taking it all for granted.
He says "Shukran Alhamdulillah"
And thus his fast has ended.

Later I turn on the TV,
To see images of poverty.
He is monitored by patrolling cameras,
That come from a higher economy.

My screen then shows a boy,
I am told he is my age.
He stares into the camera,
Pondering deeply like a sage.

Our eyes now meet,
We stare at each other.
His eyes see through me,
Just like a brother.

In his eyes I see pain,
I see hunger and poverty.
In mine he can see hope,
A land of opportunity.

I realise that we are brothers,
We belong to one Ummah,
I hear words of my Nabi,
And the echoes of his Sunnah.

I whine when I am hungry,
I have not felt his hunger.
I cry when I am hurt,
Yet he has heard cries like thunder.

Tears stream down at his sight,
As his tears, in my heart, are carving.
Oh Allah, diminsh the difference between,
The Fasting and the Starving.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:49 pm

There is an Islam from Allah and very unfortunately there is an Islam from Mullahs.

--Shahrukh Khan

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:32 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:There is an Islam from Allah and very unfortunately there is an Islam from Mullahs.

--Shahrukh Khan
Janab Sharukh Khan neither follows Islam of Allah nor Islam of Mullah.

How dare he open his mouth about Islam.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Muslim First wrote:Janab Sharukh Khan neither follows Islam of Allah nor Islam of Mullah.

How dare he open his mouth about Islam.
Bro MF,

Islam is not the monopoly of Mullahs, sectarian leaders and Dai, if a talibani can speak on Islamic issues, if non muslims can do the same then why not Sharukh Khan ?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Br MF wrote
Janab Sharukh Khan neither follows Islam of Allah nor Islam of Mullah.

Gar che bout hain jama -at ki ahsteeno mei
Mujhe hai hukm-e-azan LA illa ha Ill-lal-lah
Iqbal on" Khoodi"

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:50 pm

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn

---Alvin Toffler

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:06 am

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~Bertrand Russell

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:25 pm

:|
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Starwars

Unread post by Starwars » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:41 am

Conscíous wrote:"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." ~Dalai Lama
This is not a wise saying. Pain goes with suffer.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:39 pm

Starwars wrote:Pain goes with suffer.
Could you give me a few examples, by explaining why?

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:25 am

Sometimes you face difficulties not because you're are doing something wrong, but because you're doing something right. ~unknown

Conscíous

15 things you should give up to be happy

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Here is a list of 15 things which, if you give up on them, will make your life a lot easier and much, much happier. We hold on to so many things that cause us a great deal of pain, stress and suffering – and instead of letting them all go, instead of allowing ourselves to be stress free and happy – we cling on to them. Not anymore. Starting today we will give up on all those things that no longer serve us, and we will embrace change.

1. GIVE UP YOUR NEED TO ALWAYS BE RIGHT

There are so many of us who can’t stand the idea of being wrong – wanting to always be right – even at the risk of ending great relationships or causing a great deal of stress and pain, for us and for others. It’s just not worth it. Whenever you feel the ‘urgent’ need to jump into a fight over who is right and who is wrong, ask yourself this question: “Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?” Wayne Dyer. What difference will that make? Is your ego really that big?

2. GIVE UP YOUR NEED FOR CONTROL

Be willing to give up your need to always control everything that happens to you and around you – situations, events, people, etc. Whether they are loved ones, coworkers, or just strangers you meet on the street – just allow them to be. Allow everything and everyone to be just as they are and you will see how much better will that make you feel.

“By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond winning.” Lao Tzu

3. GIVE UP ON BLAME

Give up on your need to blame others for what you have or don’t have, for what you feel or don’t feel. Stop giving your powers away and start taking responsibility for your life.

4. GIVE UP YOUR SELF-DEFEATING SELF-TALK

Oh my. How many people are hurting themselves because of their negative, polluted and repetitive self-defeating mindset? Don’t believe everything that your mind is telling you – especially if it’s negative and self-defeating. You are better than that.

“The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive.” Eckhart Tolle

5. GIVE UP YOUR LIMITING BELIEFS

about what you can or cannot do, about what is possible or impossible. From now on, you are no longer going to allow your limiting beliefs to keep you stuck in the wrong place. Spread your wings and fly!

“A belief is not an idea held by the mind, it is an idea that holds the mind” Elly Roselle

6. GIVE UP COMPLAINING

Give up your constant need to complain about those many, many, maaany things – people, situations, events that make you unhappy, sad and depressed. Nobody can make you unhappy, no situation can make you sad or miserable unless you allow it to. It’s not the situation that triggers those feelings in you, but how you choose to look at it. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.

7. GIVE UP THE LUXURY OF CRITICISM

Give up your need to criticize things, events or people that are different than you. We are all different, yet we are all the same. We all want to be happy, we all want to love and be loved and we all want to be understood. We all want something, and something is wished by us all.

8. GIVE UP YOUR NEED TO IMPRESS OTHERS

Stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not just to make others like you. It doesn’t work this way. The moment you stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not, the moment you take off all your masks, the moment you accept and embrace the real you, you will find people will be drawn to you, effortlessly.

9. GIVE UP YOUR RESISTANCE TO CHANGE

Change is good. Change will help you move from A to B. Change will help you make improvements in your life and also the lives of those around you. Follow your bliss, embrace change – don’t resist it.“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls” Joseph Campbell

10. GIVE UP LABELS

Stop labeling those things, people or events that you don’t understand as being weird or different and try opening your mind, little by little. Minds only work when open. “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” Wayne Dyer

11. GIVE UP ON YOUR FEARS

Fear is just an illusion, it doesn’t exist – you created it. It’s all in your mind. Correct the inside and the outside will fall into place.“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.” Franklin D. Roosevelt

12. GIVE UP YOUR EXCUSES

Send them packing and tell them they’re fired. You no longer need them. A lot of times we limit ourselves because of the many excuses we use. Instead of growing and working on improving ourselves and our lives, we get stuck, lying to ourselves, using all kind of excuses – excuses that 99.9% of the time are not even real.

13. GIVE UP THE PAST

I know, I know. It’s hard. Especially when the past looks so much better than the present and the future looks so frightening, but you have to take into consideration the fact that the present moment is all you have and all you will ever have. The past you are now longing for – the past that you are now dreaming about – was ignored by you when it was present. Stop deluding yourself. Be present in everything you do and enjoy life. After all life is a journey not a destination. Have a clear vision for the future, prepare yourself, but always be present in the now.

14. GIVE UP ATTACHMENT

This is a concept that, for most of us is so hard to grasp and I have to tell you that it was for me too, (it still is) but it’s not something impossible. You get better and better at with time and practice. The moment you detach yourself from all things, (and that doesn’t mean you give up your love for them – because love and attachment have nothing to do with one another, attachment comes from a place of fear, while love… well, real love is pure, kind, and self less, where there is love there can’t be fear, and because of that, attachment and love cannot coexist) you become so peaceful, so tolerant, so kind, and so serene. You will get to a place where you will be able to understand all things without even trying. A state beyond words.

15. GIVE UP LIVING YOUR LIFE TO OTHER PEOPLE’S EXPECTATIONS

Way too many people are living a life that is not theirs to live. They live their lives according to what others think is best for them, they live their lives according to what their parents think is best for them, to what their friends, their enemies and their teachers, their government and the media think is best for them. They ignore their inner voice, that inner calling. They are so busy with pleasing everybody, with living up to other people’s expectations, that they lose control over their lives. They forget what makes them happy, what they want, what they need….and eventually they forget about themselves. You have one life – this one right now – you must live it, own it, and especially don’t let other people’s opinions distract you from your path.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Starwars wrote:
Pain goes with suffer.

My futile attempt at understanding "pain goes with suffering'. Possibility of using the two words combined Like, pain and suffering. Lets look at this another way No pain. No gain.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:31 pm

seeker110 wrote:Starwars wrote:
Pain goes with suffer.

My futile attempt at understanding "pain goes with suffering'. Possibility of using the two words combined Like, pain and suffering. Lets look at this another way No pain. No gain.
Br seeker,
I think you might be on something.. Maybe, those two words (pain and suffering ) are often used together and give the impression that they "belong" together, if you know what I mean :? ??

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:17 am

Remember the little boy gets lectured by his mom with 'sick and tired for different misbehavior all the time. So he thought it was just one word. So once at the doctors the mom said she was sick and the son chimed in tired to the doctor.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:51 am

Tamara waaste ghani dua kidhi chea is like eating Khayali poulau.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:05 am

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.. ~ George Orwell

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:28 am

image.jpg
:?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:46 pm

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."~Confucius