Resignation from Tampa Jamaat

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
SBM

Resignation from Tampa Jamaat

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:24 am

BRAVO
Subject: FW: Resignation From Membership of Anjuman-e-Vajihi, Tampa Jamat
Assalam Alaykum
Dear Friends, Family Members & Relatives
On the "Night of Power" (Lailatul Qadr), Allah Subhanahu empowered and inspired me to take this very important decision, as evidenced in this forwarded e-mail
"Liberation Theology" and recent & ongoing events/situation, especially after the demise of Mohammed Burhanuddin (RA), as well as certain "religious" practices, convinced me that it was untenable for me to continue to be a member of a Jamat/Dawa't that did not subscribe to basic principles of Transparency, Accountability & Justice
As much as I am impressed and attracted by Syedna Qutbuddin for his progressive views/practices and liberal/just ideas, I am not joining his faction, at least not for the time being
I will shortly launch the "AliZahra Society" to speak about the principles, beliefs and values of Ameerul Mumineen Maulana Ali Ibn Abi Talib (AS) and to this end, I am looking at organizing an Idd picnic on a Sunday (DTBA) at a public park
I am a Dawoodi Bohra and I have certain inalienable rights and I love our culture, customs and traditions and "Liberation Theology" tells me, it might not be a bad idea to consider an initiative or a movement known as "Independent Dawoodi Bohras", liberated from all the trappings of Raza, Misaq, Salam, Najwa, Sajda and what have you and practice your faith/belief/culture/customs/traditions with all the freedom in the world and without any inhibitions
If you wish to participate in the events/functions of "AliZahra Society", please let me know
Please forward this message to all Progressive & Just Dawoodi Bohras, especially in Florida and one day I hope we can host a large gathering of like minded people, from North America, in Florida
Proud To Be A Dawoodi Bohra
Proud to Be A Shia Of Maulana Ali (AS)
Wassalam - Allah Hafiz - Fi AmanAllah
Idd-ul-Fitr Mubarak in advance
AnwarAli
For A Tree To Grow, You Must Plant A Seed
For A Tree To Survive, You Must Nourish It
Empower Yourself With Knowledge From The Holy Quran
& The Kalaams Of Maulana Ali (AS)
To: kezzi52@yahoo.com; anwarbodal@msn.com; tampaamil@alvazarat.org
Subject: Resignation From Membership of Anjuman-e-Vajihi, Tampa Jamat
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 18:55:20 -0400
Assalam Alaykum Sheikh Khuzema Bhai
I am writing to your goodself in your capacity as Jamat Secretary
I am resigning as a member of Tampa Jamat, with effect from tonight (Lailatul Qadr)
Lailatul Qadr Mubarak
Iltimas-ud-Dua
Wassalam - Allah Hafiz - Fi AmanAllah
AnwarAli Bodalbhai

SBM

Re: Resignation from Tampa Jamaat

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:29 am

especially in Florida and one day I hope we can host a large gathering of like minded people, from North America, in Florida
Inshallaha. :D

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:50 am

This is definitely a step in the right direction. an independant bohra society away from the evils and wrong doings of the goondas of the jamaat and yet preserving our inherent bohra culture and traditions. Other places in u.s. and the west should follow suit.
Long time back I knew of a lawyer from india whose last name was ghariliwala. Is he still kicking around? since he was made wali mulla of tampa this had blown his head into thinking he was king of tampa.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:55 am

please update us on the activities of "AliZahra society. would like to be informed how things progress and be part of the activities.

AmmarHussaini

Unread post by AmmarHussaini » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 pm

this is exactly what I was talking about....good work

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 pm

It is not enough "just" to be a good person. We are called by a higher spiritual force to take action against a corrupt daiship.

bohri

Unread post by bohri » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:21 am

think wrote:This is definitely a step in the right direction. an independant bohra society away from the evils and wrong doings of the goondas of the jamaat and yet preserving our inherent bohra culture and traditions. Other places in u.s. and the west should follow suit..
Reformists have been running these jamaats successfully for more than 30 years. It is good to see more Bohras awakening. Never too late!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:11 am

I think we have been left behind in courage by the Udaypuries. My mom liked the Udaypuries. She thought they were more learned.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:10 am

think wrote:please update us on the activities of "AliZahra society. would like to be informed how things progress and be part of the activities.
This is what I received from Anwar Bhai
I will keep you informed of about the launch of "AliZahra Society"
Thank you for posting my mail on the Progressive website
Idd-ul-Fitr Mubarak
Dua Ma Yaad
Wassalam
Anwar

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Biradar Anwar,
A commendable step and I hope many more will follow. If they dare to reveal their identity/location, so much the better.
I myself having lived in Western Canada for many years withdrew quietly from Jamaat, its activities, its intrigue, its high-handedness and so on. At the risk of being accused of blowing my horn I am proud to say that I have helped people financially. Most among them are my poor relatives in Kenya. May of them are very hard up, eek out livings, cannot pay utilities, make and sell 'farsan' like Chevra, Ghathiua, Pakora, etc. in the local flea markets; make ends meet by repairing clothes, hawking charcoal and so on. The unfortunate part is that they dread Ramadhan times and the monthly sabil. Do whatever they may they must first pay up the ever-increasaing dues. I send them money to clear their obligations. I know very well that my money goes to Kothar but I take great pride in being able to assist my relatives to breathe a little easier and enjoy a restful sleep. I NEVER FORGET THAT THESE WRETCHED PEOPLE ARE IN A HEAD LOCK OF KOTHAR. THEY HAVE NO PLACE TO GO OR RUN AWAY. THEY MUST PAY AND ACT AS THEY ARE TOLD. People like me in the western countries have so many 'outs'. And for which I am blessed. Venues and opportunities for charities, volunteerism, Kahiraat, etc abound.

Bhai Anwar. I salute you for your breaking the bonds openly. I wish you god speed in your endeavours to get going AliZahra Society. I am sure I am speak for many on this forum to keep us informed of achievements. May Allah Karim bless you and your family.

On a personal note I know you and your good family in East Africa. Please send me a PM we can renew our acquaintance.

think

Unread post by think » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:44 pm

mkenya , you do not have to send money to your relatives so they can give it to the kothar. That does not serve the purpose. you send money to help them and their children, not to support the local bhaisaheb and his luxuries. There are many other organizations and individuals who would readily help the needy. Please make certain that with all the love and affection that you send money to your relatives is spent by them on their needs and their children's needs. zakaat is for the rich to give to the poor, not for the poor to give to the rich kothar.

New

Unread post by New » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:07 pm

I am not trying to be negative about this. Do we need an organized society? With that eventually beurocracy and politics will creep in. Please keep the religion out. A sub chapter could be for religion. NASADB, North American Society of Azaad Dawoodi Bohras!, as one suggestion for the name. I am sure there will be more coming in.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:44 pm

think: I do know that the money I send to my relatives end up in Kothar's tijori. But please look at at from my side. I have many close relatives in Kenya and Tanzania who are on a daily hand to mouth lifestyle. For lack of capital they continue to wallow in their miserable living and earning. From daybreak to sunset their constant struggle is to make a meagre profit. Rent, water and electricity supplies, cost of merchandise are the prime outlay. Competition is cut-throath and profit margins are sinking. To be able to get a decent meal in a tiffin they have to pay; no discount for the needy and deserving. In the unfortunate circumstances if they fall ill or require regular medication is another drain of non-existance funds. By age-old bonds and traditions they have lived in the Bohra community: shouting Maula, Maula, doing matam, attend sabak, waez, and other community functions. That is the only life they know. They are in a quandary because there is no escape. We, the enlightned ones in western countries or home countries who have disposable incomes do not even think for a moment what the plight of many Bohras is in lands like India, Pakistan, towns and cities in East Africa. During my many visits to Kenya I am bombarded by Bohras by atrocities, vulgar language, be-izzati and so on inflicted on people who cannot pay all or ask for installments or simply cannot pay. To these wretched souls the wielding of 'raza bandh' is a death warrant. And is 'raza' is 'band' not only the individual and family are stigmatatised. Relatives and acquaitances are explicitly ordered not to communicate in any way with the delinquent family. Bohras will never survive from not being allowed to attned jamat functions. This is their life blood and affinity. Humiliation and finger-pointing will demean them to the point of disgrace.

So, to get back to 'think's post, that is my dilemma. To my family and relatives who are in such dire straits look towards me in the West for assistance. I am a 'phoren' and they are grateful that they get money from me. At least I feel happy and they much happier that their 'abru' remains intact. I do not for one single minute think as to where that money goes after it lands at Kothar. Jahnnam ni khaad ma jai ke koi nautaki ni choli ma jai. Mari to hamesha ej dua che ke mara kutumbi ne koi aanch na aawe ane tewoni izzat abru par koi dhabo na lage. Parwar digar pase hamesha mari dua che ke Allah Karim mari rozi kamani ma barkat ape jethi hun koini madad karu. Mane fakhar nathi pan a forum na membero ne jaan karu chu ke Rajkot na slum na bachhao ne rehwa, padhwa ma mari sathe mara gana dost biradaro niyamit madad kare che. Wadho ma Kolkatta na garib ma garib Howrah slums ma amari taraf thi paisa, dawa, ration wagere no har mahiney karie che.

Impotent as the majority of the Bohras are, I have seen and heard groups of dissidents and shit-disturbers gather in groups around panwalla's stall to criticize everything from 'chawal kacha hata', 'chaas patli hati, to some incident in waez or daris. Their stomachs full with lizzatdar pakwan, disseminating the happenings of the events.

I am getting so sick of suggestions - Bhai koi thaus tarika batao ya kuch aisa kaam karo ke kisi bebas apni zindagi sukun se jiye.

think

Unread post by think » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 am

afsoos, afsoos, jab tumharey relatives itni pareshane me hai to kiya kothar ko laik nahi ke aise logoon ke madad kare?
why should one follow men whose wealth and children give them no increase but only loss. Is there a reason they should shame themselves. I am certain that with the money you send ,they can very well take care of their neccsities without the kothar. I know it is easily said than done, but try to get out from the clasp of this l
kothari gang and I know for sure your relatives will see a new light. what i have mentioned is now a days taking place in small towns and villages of India and Pakistan.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 pm

think bhyya: Bahut shukriya aapka. Meri to zuban bhi chal nahi sakti ke mein mere rishtedaro ko mashwara doon ke woh Kothar ke wajebaat aur dusre pese ka dabaw na de. Kyun ke na dene ka un logo me sawaal hi nahi. Allah janta hein ke meri nacheez madad aur yahin kahin dhone rone se eik saal ki mohlat to milti hoyegi. Phir bi dalil yeh hei ke ye kahan tak chalega. Aaj hamaro Bohri kaum ke charche 'dirty laundry' ki misal se sari duniya mein phelayi ja rahi hei.

think bhayya: Hum logo ke pass is Forum ke zariye se apna dukh, lachari, bebasi, ghussa, impotence zahir karne ke siwa koi chara nahi. Par eik baat hume nahi bhulni chahiye ke 53a and 53b are not our 'maaibaap'. They are painted with the same brush and colour. Woh deen kahan raha jo apne Baap Dada fakhr karte thei. Ab to jiske pas chori chapatti ki haramkhor ki kamai hein wohi pehli saaf mein bethte hein aur uper se Sheikh ke pagdi bi pahente hei.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 am

Mkenya bhaia; aap ke rishtedaroo ko himat to karne pare ge. dunya bohaat bari hai aur allah bohat bara hai. yeh zaroor hai ke paidaish aur ankh khulte he moula, moula sunte rahe hai tu mushkil hai in zanzeeroon ko torna magar namumkin nahin. aap ke rishtedaroon se bateen kar ke un ke himaat bandhain. aagar sirif aik family yeh kadam uthai ge to mujhe yakeen hai doosre families ke bhi aankhain khulenge.

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:20 pm

think wrote:Mkenya bhaia; aap ke rishtedaroo ko himat to karne pare ge. dunya bohaat bari hai aur allah bohat bara hai. yeh zaroor hai ke paidaish aur ankh khulte he moula, moula sunte rahe hai tu mushkil hai in zanzeeroon ko torna magar namumkin nahin. aap ke rishtedaroon se bateen kar ke un ke himaat bandhain. aagar sirif aik family yeh kadam uthai ge to mujhe yakeen hai doosre families ke bhi aankhain khulenge.
Easier said than done. I have the same experience as Mkenya bhai. I have argued, I have threatened, I have explained, but my cousin’s faith in the dai and his mullas is unwavering. She even believes that her moula has inspired me to help her!!

ponga bhori

Unread post by ponga bhori » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:57 pm

canadian wrote:
think wrote:Mkenya bhaia; aap ke rishtedaroo ko himat to karne pare ge. dunya bohaat bari hai aur allah bohat bara hai. yeh zaroor hai ke paidaish aur ankh khulte he moula, moula sunte rahe hai tu mushkil hai in zanzeeroon ko torna magar namumkin nahin. aap ke rishtedaroon se bateen kar ke un ke himaat bandhain. aagar sirif aik family yeh kadam uthai ge to mujhe yakeen hai doosre families ke bhi aankhain khulenge.
Easier said than done. I have the same experience as Mkenya bhai. I have argued, I have threatened, I have explained, but my cousin’s faith in the dai and his mullas is unwavering. She even believes that her moula has inspired me to help her!!

So prove them wrong. Break this chain of attribution to morula.

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:43 pm

ponga bhori wrote:[

ponga bhai:

As I said "easier said than done5" ! My cousin is an angel in all other respects. She will not blame me nor will she stop loving me if I discontinue helping her. She does not demand any thing. But my conscience will kill me if she and her family suffer because of my action/inaction.

ponga bhori

Unread post by ponga bhori » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:41 am

canadian wrote:
ponga bhori wrote:[

ponga bhai:

As I said "easier said than done5" ! My cousin is an angel in all other respects. She will not blame me nor will she stop loving me if I discontinue helping her. She does not demand any thing. But my conscience will kill me if she and her family suffer because of my action/inaction.
Angel she is . So is the moulla. Fallen angels.
My last post on the subject. Bye. All the best.

think

Unread post by think » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:53 am

When you allow wrong people in your house,stuff will come up missing like, joy, peace, love, hope ,faith, happiness; yes people steal these things that allah subhanahu wa taala has so lovingly bestowed upon you. Do not allow fanatic abdes in your homes. Do not allow brainwashed, no common sense people to destroy the heavenly peace that your creator has fondly given you. Keeping friends with such ignorance people will do you more harm than good and these are the golden words of advice from Moula Ali to his son imam Hassan. Also when ever I say my moula , with all reverence and humility iIrefer to moula Ali and not your morela morela.