Houston Chehlum Waaz turned to just praising SMB & SMS

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
dawedaar

Houston Chehlum Waaz turned to just praising SMB & SMS

Unread post by dawedaar » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Last evening, I had the misfortune of attending Chehlum waaz in Houston by the new Aamil (ex Dallas Aamil). 90% of the time, he was like,
1. Khuda Maula ni umar daraz kare
2. Je che ye Burhanuddin maula and Mufaddal maula nu karam ane ehsaan che

I mean, it is Chehlum and he was just acting as a PR mouthpiece of the Kothar... Really disappointed and frustrating.

DisillusionedDB

Re: Houston Chehlum Waaz turned to just praising SMB & SMS

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:39 pm

dawedaar wrote:Last evening, I had the misfortune of attending Chehlum waaz in Houston by the new Aamil (ex Dallas Aamil). 90% of the time, he was like,

I mean, it is Chehlum and he was just acting as a PR mouthpiece of the Kothar... Really disappointed and frustrating.
Isn't this the case in almost all waaz ? :roll:

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Dawedaar: I am not sure why you used the word 'misfortune'. Did you go on your own accord or where you coerced? All waaz, etc. have the same agenda. Chelum being what it is, the subject is high jacked and endless praise is showered on 51 and 52 intermittent with choreographed maatam and 'rulava jevu muh'. You expected something different, was totally disappointed and endured a verbal barrage of garbage.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:32 pm

I said misfortune bcoz I went in expecting bayaan for Chehlum. The previous Aamil of Houstom Shk Nooruddin Yamani was a learned and excellent aamil and was balanced in his bayaans between kothar PR and actual bayaans. But this new aamil Shk Fakhruddin Bhanpurawala, ex Dallas Aamil is a big Kothari PR person, nothing else...

Mkenya wrote:Dawedaar: I am not sure why you used the word 'misfortune'. Did you go on your own accord or where you coerced? All waaz, etc. have the same agenda. Chelum being what it is, the subject is high jacked and endless praise is showered on 51 and 52 intermittent with choreographed maatam and 'rulava jevu muh'. You expected something different, was totally disappointed and endured a verbal barrage of garbage.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:27 am

dawedaar: You are absolutely right about Shk. Noordin Yamani. I met him in a western Canadian city when he came for
Muharram. I had met him before many years ago when he was in Uganda(?). He is married to a someone from there. His grasp of topic, delivery, articulation was superb. But that is past and now is now. If one monitored how Sheikhs and others deliver waaz, etc. it becomes quite clear their bags of tricks contain the same tricks as thousands of other waaezin.
We are on the same track!

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:59 am

@Mizan: Did I say that in waaz, there was praise of Allah, panjatan, and imam... that was only 10% of waaz whereas that should have been 90%.. isn't it ???
Mizan wrote:
dawedaar wrote:Last evening, I had the misfortune of attending Chehlum waaz in Houston by the new Aamil (ex Dallas Aamil). 90% of the time, he was like,

why did you bother your self to attend bohra majlis? this is not some thing new, praise for Allah,panjatan, Imam and Dai is basic of bohra faith.
kindly don't bother your self to come in our majlis, we are doing good without your presence.

Universaldad

Unread post by Universaldad » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:08 am

dawedaar wrote:@Mizan: Did I say that in waaz, there was praise of Allah, panjatan, and imam... that was only 10% of waaz whereas that should have been 90%.. isn't it ???
Mizan wrote: why did you bother your self to attend bohra majlis? this is not some thing new, praise for Allah,panjatan, Imam and Dai is basic of bohra faith.
kindly don't bother your self to come in our majlis, we are doing good without your presence.
Dawedaar, Dude you got the wrong address for the waaz... with your pseudonym of Dawedaar you should have gotten to TB's house or visited Crack county in Nevada. It is best you leave Texas and resettle close to TB's eka duka toli.

:D

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Typical attempt from the likes of James to sabotage and divert the topic!
Universaldad wrote:
dawedaar wrote:@Mizan: Did I say that in waaz, there was praise of Allah, panjatan, and imam... that was only 10% of waaz whereas that should have been 90%.. isn't it ???
Dawedaar, Dude you got the wrong address for the waaz... with your pseudonym of Dawedaar you should have gotten to TB's house or visited Crack county in Nevada. It is best you leave Texas and resettle close to TB's eka duka toli.

:D

yfm

Unread post by yfm » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:14 pm

You must look like the small picture you posted on the bottom left hand side. However I do not see any teeth. Does that mean you only have the elephant tusks, especially if you use the American slang dude! It does make you appear as a yankee and not what do we call nondawedaar. LOL!