ITALIAN MUMINS...

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
italianmumin

ITALIAN MUMINS...

Unread post by italianmumin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Salamalykum
I don't know other mumins in Italy or Jamaat Center related to Aqa Mowla (TUS) could u help me?

Smart

Re: ITALIAN MUMINS...

Unread post by Smart » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:16 am

Why don't you send this query to the abde sites? The fact that these abde sites are not interactive, shows that even abdes have to come here to post inquiries. Kudos to admin for having an open forum here.

A similar situation was narrated to me by a friend who is not an abde. He had posted his daughter's profile in the matrimonial section. He was surprised that almost all the responses were from abdes.

Abdes have no other way to go.

italianmumin

Unread post by italianmumin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 pm

so which is a solution for you? stay alone like this?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:55 am

^
No you do not have to be alone, I am sure there are local Muslim Mosques or Mussalahs where you can go and pray. They do not stop anyone from offering Salats in those places.
It is your choice, if you really believe in Allah and his obedience, you really do not have to just go MARKAZ only.

italianmumin

Unread post by italianmumin » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:19 am

omabharti wrote:^
No you do not have to be alone, I am sure there are local Muslim Mosques or Mussalahs where you can go and pray. They do not stop anyone from offering Salats in those places.
It is your choice, if you really believe in Allah and his obedience, you really do not have to just go MARKAZ only.
yes I know but what about where people hate shias? Is not written in Quran do not pray behind them...

mumin

Unread post by mumin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:13 pm

italian mumin, salams, give me the name of the town or city you are in italy and I will try to forward you some bohri people's addresses, so you can be in touch with your culture and tradition.

italianmumin

Unread post by italianmumin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:42 am

mumin wrote:italian mumin, salams, give me the name of the town or city you are in italy and I will try to forward you some bohri people's addresses, so you can be in touch with your culture and tradition.
mashallah salaam
I am located in Turin

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:15 pm

italianmumin wrote:
omabharti wrote:^
yes I know but what about where people hate shias? Is not written in Quran do not pray behind them...
Why don't you go to Shia (Ithna Asheri) mosques and Imambadas, if there are some in Turin? They do not hate themselves or other Shia sects!

The reason for not praying behind an Imam from Ahl-e-Sunnah is that they do not recognize the true right of Ahl-e-bayt. However, if there is no option, you can pray with your brothers from Ahl-Sunnah, even in congregation. Just make your own 'niyyat' and read in your namaz what you've been taught as a Bohri. Just outwardly perform the Ruku and Sajdah along with them. However, being Shia and praying in a Sunni mosque is not all that comfortable. The simple reason being that you will attract unwanted attention and stares if you pray without folding your hands, like majority of them do. In cases when there is no other option, you can even fold your hands and pray (in taqiyya) to avoid unwanted attention so you can concentrate on your prayer.

However, the next best option for a Bohri would be a Shia Ithna Asheri mosque, hands down! ;)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:25 pm

The reason for not praying behind an Imam from Ahl-e-Sunnah is that they do not recognize the true right of Ahl-e-bayt.
Obviously, this is a mandate created by later Imams. The prophet (saw) or the family of Hazrat Ali has not passed any such ruling.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm

anajmi wrote:
The reason for not praying behind an Imam from Ahl-e-Sunnah is that they do not recognize the true right of Ahl-e-bayt.
Obviously, this is a mandate created by later Imams. The prophet (saw) or the family of Hazrat Ali has not passed any such ruling.
Well, at the time of the Prophet (saw), there was no major issue as such. Agreed. Let us move to the time of Ali (a.s). Would you find an Ali loyalist willingly praying behind Muawiya or his coterie? Or a lover of Hussain (a.s) willingly praying behind an Umayyad-appointed clergyman?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:19 pm

If left to individuals, I will bring my own Imam to my masjid and pray behind him. That is not the way it is supposed to work. Did Hazrat Ali (ra) issue a command preventing his followers from praying behind Muawiya? Or did Hussain (ra) issue such a command? The answer is no. This was a creation of latter day Imams which has set a new precedent where Alavi Bohra cannot pray behind Dawoodi Bohra and Deobandi cannot pray behind Barelvi and Hanafi cannot pray behind Hanbali etc etc. And this happens for the flimsiest of reasons.

When I started going out to pray in Sunni mosques, I would pray with my hands to my sides and no one even looked at me. These things do not happen in Sunni mosques. It has been clearly established that the prophet (saw) has prayed with his hands at his sides. However, most of the times he had his hands folded.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 pm

I do agree to anajmi, no one atleast my part of the world objects. Many Sunnis come to Jafferia Center for Friday Salah and they do pray Jummah with hands folded and then they leave, same is true with Shias coming to Sunni Mosques on Friday and pray without hands folded. No one cares about your
hands as long as you are there to praise Allah and his messenger. Only DB DONOT allow anyone to come and pray in their Markaz if you do not have STD. (yes you can not enter Raudat Tahera unless you have STD)

italianmumin

Unread post by italianmumin » Mon May 23, 2016 4:42 pm

there are people interested recently in becoming mumins here...what do they have to do? A mumin can give mishaq to other people? thanks

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon May 23, 2016 4:56 pm

What is Missaq? Why do you need it, that is if you really need it.

Once you recite Kalma, you are Muslim and try to follow Islam as much as possible you are a Momin.

Missaq is Oath of Allegiance to one person who happens to be a dictator, an usurper of power.

As far as prayer goes, if a Jamat is to be held, one person comes forwards and leads the prayers, that's it, that's the concept of Islam. Islam is a simple religion to follow, these so-called religious leaders have made it so complicated for their own interests.