Houston Jamaat politics etc.

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
wise_guy

Houston Jamaat politics etc.

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:53 am

Now this is unusual. This is what I have heard of.

As, population in Houston is growing, Shehzada Malik-ul-Ashter bs wished that 2 masjids be built in Houston and Huzurala(TUS) had also given raza for the same. But the internal jamat conflicts put to rest, the plan to build the 2nd masjid. What I have heard is that, if a 2nd masjid was built (it was suppose to be built in Tomball) then, most of the doctors who pay the most would be diverted to the new masjid thereby drying up funds for the old masjid. Instead, they have pulled down the old Masjid and are building a huge complex in its place. Please, someone from Houston who can throw more light on this, correct me. There are strong lobbyists belonging to different groups (read Africa, Pakistan)... Indian bohris are minority in Houston... I don't know why but Pakistanis consider themselves superior and frown upon Indian mumineen... What is it that Pakis feel proud of. Their country is a failed nation with no economy at all. All the Pakis are dying to immigrate, mostly to US.... ok, enough digression from the main topic.

Now, the Houston Masjid has been pulled down almost 6 months ago and still there is no sign of construction commencing.

On a lighter note, once some Aamil decided to conduct Ashara waaz in the morning as in India. You wouldn't believe what the people said... They objected big time and said to the Aamil bluntly that, "tamej waaz maa aavjo, tamej waaz karjo and tamej sunjo" !

ozmujaheed

Re: Houston Jamaat politics etc.

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:57 am

Wise guy coincidently that is the same feeling about Pakistanis in Australia, they have some form of superiority complex and segrgate themselves from Indians and Africawlas?

May be as you state they need to rise above evyone since their own background is deviant and crumbling. I know I will be attacked for my bigotry, but my maternal grandparent was from Karachi so I have some right to self criticism

In Africa we had similar attributes displayed by Nigerians and Somalis ! Get the point?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:56 pm

wise_guy wrote:But the internal jamat conflicts put to rest, the plan to build the 2nd masjid
The very thought of giving an amount of the projected cost of 2 masjids to the dai at the time of "waqf"-- which according to abdes means getting the religious sanction from the dai and not Allah (swt) to pray and get manifold sawabs as compared to praying at home must have made the houston guys panicky !!!

JC

Unread post by JC » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Wise Guy

No point blaming Pakis (and by the way stop playing politics by calling Pakistan a failed state).

The problem is with the Bohraism only, in essence you are accepting the BOND of Dai-love and belonging to Bohraism is no longer working and Paki Bohras feel they are superior .......... or wait, perhaps is is THE whole concept of bohraim, isn't it??!! There are CLASSES, BS, Shaikhs, Mullas, Qasre Mawali, Bait Zaini, so what if Pakis feel they are superior, let Indian Bohras come up with something innovative!!

And yes, Muslims are equally divided in similar fashion, and so are people of all the Religions.

And bro GM has very rightly pointed out, it is not masjid and prayers, it is money and future stream of income!!

One Pragmatist

Unread post by One Pragmatist » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Wise guy,

Once a an old acquaintance visited us from India. After some light conversation she was shocked to hear that I knew Nehru and Gandhi and studied about them, and read about Shiva and Krishna and Mahabharta while she was hopelessly clueless who Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah was! And claimed it is not taught in their school books! I am afraid you are confusing your ignorance to our superiority!! We are different, culturally and not superior to any ranks but Indians to this day have a hard time swallowing that! And it is the bigotry taught at the early years of childhood in their books which makes them incapable to see eye to eye to a Muslim from Pakistan. This is what Indian politics has been doing systematically for decades to crush Pakistan by not giving it the rightful place on the map through the minds of its future generations to come.

And by the numbers I see it is Indians who are flocking their way to Americas whilst their prosperous country can ruefully claim to offer the same!! And if we study the bohraism which flourished in India for centuries, the Indian bohras feel they are superior to any race on earth! This is the very teaching of our bohra scriptures, the world around them is full of cats and dogs (please mind my language) and it is only us who are in humanly flesh and blood, right to attain divine solace and mercy and abode to heaven. Ha, such bigotry is spoken in waaz in New Jersey by our very bhaisaheb who is next to kin to the syedna. Such digression from righteousness! It's blesphemous from all humanly counts!

Human

Unread post by Human » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:30 pm

One Pragmatist wrote:Wise guy,
hopelessly clueless who Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah was!
Yes I know him as the great muslim with the view of creating a great muslim nation! (sarcasm intended)

As brother Smart quoted in one of the earlier threads, "Jinnah was a non-practising, scotch drinking muslim with liberal values". Read the original thread here: http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... nah#p64491

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 am

One Pragmatist wrote:the world around them is full of cats and dogs (please mind my language) and it is only us who are in humanly flesh and blood, right to attain divine solace and mercy and abode to heaven. Ha, such bigotry is spoken in waaz in New Jersey by our very bhaisaheb who is next to kin to the syedna. Such digression from righteousness! It's blesphemous from all humanly counts!
There are some pigs, moles, crows, donkeys around too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

One Pragmatist

Unread post by One Pragmatist » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Human wrote:
One Pragmatist wrote:Wise guy,
hopelessly clueless who Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah was!
Yes I know him as the great muslim with the view of creating a great muslim nation! (sarcasm intended)

As brother Smart quoted in one of the earlier threads, "Jinnah was a non-practising, scotch drinking muslim with liberal values". Read the original thread here: http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... nah#p64491
Decades later historians can digress from the truth and poison whats right and we as bystanders and spectators would take their words at the face value as we never new the real man what Jinnah was and became. His personal habits are trivial to his great achievements, rest his history.

Human

Unread post by Human » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:13 pm

One Pragmatist wrote:
Human wrote: Yes I know him as the great muslim with the view of creating a great muslim nation! (sarcasm intended)

Decades later historians can digress from the truth and poison whats right and we as bystanders and spectators would take their words at the face value as we never new the real man what Jinnah was and became. His personal habits are trivial to his great achievements, rest his history.
How convenient! Just wrong the historians. Your point of view sounds exactly like a dawoodi bohra's point of view on Sayedna; refusing to see or accept anything bad about the 'Dear Leader'