Bohras looking for help

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
Admin

Re: Bohras looking for help

Unread post by Admin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:29 am

Sent: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:42:19 -0700
Subject: Riyadh - Contacts And Leads
I have just reached riyadh with my wife and looking for an area to finalize my new residence where couple of Dawoodi Bohra families are residing.
Please do let me know on ibutheone@gmail.com
Thanks.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:59 pm

since this guy has posted his request on a pdb site, it is our duty to guide him to an area where mainly reformists live. bhai hussain ksa, do you know where pdb's in riyadh live?

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 am

Subject: need help
Message: i had a loss of 4lacs in share market now i have to pay the money n i dont have money pls anyone help me i want to come out from this pls do the needful pls help

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Admin wrote:Subject: need help

Message: i had a loss of 4lacs in share market now i have to pay the money n i dont have money pls anyone help me i want to come out from this pls do the needful pls help
The person must have lost his money as he seems to be a daily trader and not an investor, he must have dabbled heavily in the futures and options market hence the loss, in short he has indulged in "Over trading".

Hence I don't think that providing financial help would be the right thing as it is quite possible that he will play more in the stock market in anticipation of recovering his losses. The ideal thing would be to advise him on some long term investments and assure that he does not trade in these shares on a daily basis.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:17 am

Subject: about raza

asad

Unread post by asad » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:27 am

Admin wrote:Subject: about raza
point him to literature section of the site

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Admin wrote:Subject: about raza
raza vagar ahiya aavi ne raza vagar daim ul islam padhvani raza mange chhe, ena thi vadhare raza vagar no bewaqoof kahansi milse? kahan kahan si aavi jaay chhe raza vagar himaar yahan... !!

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:27 am

Subject: qutbi bohra
Message: qutbi bohra mater kya hai,samjme aye vo detail me samjao,kya kehna hai,kya karna hai?

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:01 am

Admin wrote:Subject: qutbi bohra
Message: qutbi bohra mater kya hai,samjme aye vo detail me samjao,kya kehna hai,kya karna hai?
According to orthodox consensus, Syedna Mohammed Burhannudin has declared "nuss" on Syedi Muffaddal bhaisaheb. From what I've gathered in regards to this matter, it is rumored Syedna Taher Saiffuddin intended Mazun Khuzema bhaisaheb a future dai and had apparently put the ownership of Saifee Mahal on his name (again, this is based off of hearsay and rumor, a good deal I've read on this forum; remains unproven). After the late Syedna's passing, Mazun saheb has been slandered by opponents within Saifee Mahal and has become distant from the Dai.

After the proclamation of "nuss" on Syedi Muffaddal bhaisaheb (that was done in the presence of Syedna's children and eventually relayed to the world by his son-in-law), Mazun is seemingly sidelined and unreceptive to this change in power. It could be argued he has a fair point as neither hudood was consulted or informed of this matter, atleast not according to the events that took place.

At the moment, there is no open sign of opposition, and currently no proof suggests the formation of Qutbi bohras . It seems to be nothing aside from sensational gossip.

The strife within the Dai's family is pretty much an open secret, and there's likely a lot of tension in regards to succession issues, but as of now, nothing is confirmed. Anyone who is privy to insider knowledge, or knows more about the issue, please update. Salaams.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:27 am

Subject: admition for my kid abbas 12 yrs

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:47 am

Which school is being referred to over here?

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:25 am

Probably this one, featured on this site and run and managed by reformists.
http://dawoodi-bohras.com/school/

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Salaam Admin

is there any reformist bohra madressa in Australia? Sydney or Melbourne?

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:53 am

incredible wrote:Salaam Admin

No, we don't think so.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:13 am

Admin,

I am unable to open the school link. I get a "could not connect" error.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:04 pm

It works fine. Clear you browser cache or try with another browser. It should work.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 am

How does one open a reformist Bohra centre in a new area ? Is there help available from mature PDB locations ? In the form of advise, literature, financial or non financial resources ?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:43 pm

bohra spring,

talk of a contradictory and confused personality. poor sod! on the one hand you hurl insults at reformists for being 'unislamic and not doing what muslims want them to do'.. of being 'misguided and not seeking a complete overhaul of their leadership system by overthrowing the dai and his evil family, of barking up the wrong tree' etc, and then now you want to open a new reformist jamaat and need their help to establish it yrself???

for what purpose? so you can become its new head honcho and eventually the new dai of the reformists? you dont need anybody's help. don quixote fought alone, all he had was his trusted aide - sancho panza (grayson).

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:bohra spring,

talk of a contradictory and confused personality. poor sod! on the one hand you hurl insults at reformists for being 'unislamic and not doing what muslims want them to do'.. of being 'misguided and not seeking a complete overhaul of their leadership system by overthrowing the dai and his evil family, of barking up the wrong tree' etc, and then now you want to open a new reformist jamaat and need their help to establish it yrself???

for what purpose? so you can become its new head honcho and eventually the new dai of the reformists? you dont need anybody's help. don quixote fought alone, all he had was his trusted aide - sancho panza (grayson).
Your vitriol is most flattering.

In another post you asked brother bohra spring not to "hurl such unfounded allegations." I kindly request you abide by the same. Peace.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 pm

grayson,

perhaps you need to sit on my knee and learn lessons in english. just bandying around fancy and bombastic terms in logic does not mean you are literate.

bohra spring has been indulging in mud-slinging and making baseless allegations. i am merely replying to him. please show me where i have accused him of anything besides stupidity, a charge, which i confess, is not without foundation.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 pm

I understand you have a penchant for satire and sarcasm, but it's becoming hard to distinguish when paired with your diatribe.

His disagreements have been civil. You're over assuming who other people are, based on conditional interpretations of their words and conveying your judgement (about what you think they want to do) on them. That too falls under 'baseless allegations.'

All I ask is to not assume something of someones intent because of their disagreement in views. I personally see avoidable harsh retorts as greater mudslinging than passionate (if disagreeable/naive, to you) opinions. Debate the view, not the person. Salaams.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:12 pm

with your limited understanding, obviously you have a hard time distinguishing anything from anything, eg. the front of a donkey from its back.

you are so transparently biased in favour of your boss don quixote, that you term his insults and baseless conclusions about the reformists being 'unislamic' and 'not doing what muslims want to' as a "civil disagreement"?? and stop all your nonsensical bombast such as 'overassuming' and 'conditional interpretations' etc. you are not impressing anyone with those silly verbal contortions. in fact they make it obvious that yours is a tortured soul, severely in need of a strong purgative to relieve itself from mental colic.

i am debating bohra spring's distorted and patently false world view. i am least interested in him as a person, aside from his dubious association with you.

btw, one request, please, please continue on this forum. you are a constant source of mirth. thanks!

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Temper, temper. I hold no biases. His disagreement is civil refers to the comparative tone of his words. Words, that you should argue against instead of constantly getting so personal, taunting and flared up about. I have opinionated views, but hold no bias to proper reason, even if I don't personally prescribe to those beliefs.

There's no need for subtle ad hominems. Reasoning and constructive argument is sufficient enough. It's not a 'debate' when you constantly attack your opponents for their belief and disrespect them unabashedly. Challenge them with human decency.

I was anticipating your endorsement of my mirth. That's exactly what I needed to continue on this forum. I was oh so close to leaving and never coming back. Not anymore though.

btw, one request, please, please don't continue on this topic with hate and anger. you are a constant source of cynicism. thank you, too!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Grayson wrote:
There's no need for subtle ad hominems.

you are just too much dude... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ROFL... where do you defecate such gems from??

I was oh so close to leaving and never coming back. Not anymore though.

pray please do not stop yourself from such a noble endeavour. one should not be deterred once one has made up one's mind (or what remains of it) to leave and never come back. it shows fickleness of mind. be bold, take that step into the unknown and leave the comfort of this forum and your pathetic attempts at impressing its suffering denizens with your washington-speak b.s. strike out on your own with your master don quixote and elect your own dai after gathering hardcore evidence of how hapless abdes are being shafted. now is there anything subtle about that ad hominem?

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Never really was. I was being kind to label it "subtle."
Here's one from me: you're 'debating' hypocritically and seriously need to check in with an anger management program.
There are many points of yours I agree with in which you show propriety and tact, but your insulting ones are as ugly (and undoing) as those are smart. As you yourself say, why damage the credibility of this forum with your foul language and patently false allegations against other members (a poetically ironic tactic to use considering you're admonishing other members for the same reason)?
I will respond to you further only on the basis of actual discussion. This one's a non sequitur.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Bohra spring wrote:

How does one open a reformist Bohra centre in a new area ? Is there help available from mature PDB locations ? In the form of advise, literature, financial or non financial resources ?
So is the answer to my specific question ..."NO THERE IS NO SUPPORT FOR CREATING A GREENFIELD PDB CENTRE" ?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 am

don quixote and sancho panza all over the forum. where are the windmills?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:30 am

Ad hominem. Irrelevant. Straw man. Slander. Hypocrisy.... Not to mention tiresome parroting of your favorite comparison. It's getting old. Come up with something better, can you? Expand your literature.

@Bohra Spring
You should specify which Greenfield you're talking about. I would suggest finding a way to contact members of the PDB Jamaat closest to your locale (could a member please shed light to this inquiry?). If it's in North America, here's a resource from this site with some contact information: http://dawoodi-bohras.com/index.php?page=dbrjna .

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:36 am

Please stick to the topic. Thank you.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:44 am

My reply to Bohra Spring does.