Moderators and contributers required

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
Rising Star

Moderators and contributers required

Unread post by Rising Star » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 pm

I have plans to launch new forum which will be named as DAWOODI bohara and not PDB

it seems people are not giving importance to this forum coz it is labeled as udaipuriyas site, Bohras has issues and we bohras need to sort it out with the same name.

I require 5 mods and few contributers, interested people can contact me.

Grayson

Re: Moderators and contributers required

Unread post by Grayson » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:20 pm

Rising Star,

Appreciate your zeal and understand your thinking, but in the long run it may not make a difference (and perhaps even disappear all together).

There's another non-Kothar sponsored forum that exists with presumably the same ideals and well.... it still exists. With no activity whatsoever.

This forum has been around for years and has a plethora of topics and arguments that are valid to not solely PDB's but all Bohras. There are quite a few orthodox Bohras that lurk on this site and read what's being said. It's not often you keep coming back and reading things you consider the words of malicious dushmano.

As this forum already offers privacy, and is infamous among the Bohras that know about it, I don't see anything unique that a new forum would offer that wouldn't eventually succumb to the same things that are holding this forum back as well (condemnation by kothar, an attempt to censor and discredit with proxy users, etc.). If anything, raise awareness of this forum and challenge the reluctants to give it an honest chance.

If you're still determined, please provide a brief mission statement. I'm intrigued by the prospect of further branching out, but am skeptical in regards to how it'd be more effective than this forum.

You could call a frog a toad but it's still a frog. Even if people initially believe otherwise.

Rising Star

Unread post by Rising Star » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Salaam brother, another forum which you are talking about was created by me 2 years back, but coz of studies I was not able to maintain it, if u are willing I can make u moderator so that u can manage it well.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:24 pm

I wish you well if you are to continue with it, but as mentioned in my post on the topic, I don't see how it'll exceed the current one.
I cannot commit to a moderator position, although I will contribute once it's formed (if it is) and a good amount of traffic is established. Although most of the content will be the same as the ones here.
Please further outline your position and purpose so that other members may offer input.

Rising Star

Unread post by Rising Star » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:40 pm

my masters will start from june and I am moving to melbourne, so I am not sure if I can maintain it, if some body is willing to take responsibility offer is open for every one.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 am

Rising Star wrote:I have plans to launch new forum which will be named as DAWOODI bohara and not PDB

it seems people are not giving importance to this forum coz it is labeled as udaipuriyas site, Bohras has issues and we bohras need to sort it out with the same name.

What is that you want to achieve in the alternative site ?

Can you start by giving a link so we know what is its mission statement.

Let me state We have few disagreements with PDB but we have far more common values. At the end of the day the common good outweighs the few differences . Unless your groups is radically different it is best you stay with the group here and once we have toppled the establishment we can discuss how to unite our few differences .

With the Qutbi scandal the establishment is at its weakest point years, there is enough pressure and more is to come in the near future so let us not risk the momentum . The strength of resistance is in its numbers.

By same token I urge the PDB to sharpen their responses and be mindful what they write and comment, don't loose the once in a lifetime opportunity of toppling the evil dynasty. Let us not shoot ourselves in the foot and display childish commentary.

HT and various NGOs and authorities are keeping a close eye on what is being discussed. We have to demonstrate a credible and respected opposition.

There are young people looking for leadership and we can win hearts and mind.

This is not the time to worry about PDB, Udaipur, Qutbi...keep focused and staten your resolve.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 am

Rising Star wrote:I have plans to launch new forum which will be named as DAWOODI bohara and not PDB

Why do not you contribute financially to this forum. Why invent a wheel when we already have one and one which is already causing havoc in Goonda establishment. It is now quoted by respectable newspapers as well as columnists
Unless you have other motives I do not see any reason to support your cause for another forum

think

Unread post by think » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 pm

may be two forums are better than one. I support the idea since the impressions portrayed by the pdb one is more in line with udaipuri's. How ever, having said that it, has done a marvelous job in exposing the corruption and falacity of the kothar.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 pm

think wrote:may be two forums are better than one. I support the idea since the impressions portrayed by the pdb one is more in line with udaipuri's. How ever, having said that it, has done a marvelous job in exposing the corruption and falacity of the kothar.
What in particular has given you that impression? Please explain.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Rising star,
This idea of your has be tried out before, without any success.. Not only is it hard to get a forum running for the general public, but it's even more hard when it come to a cult like ours :cry:

Good luck..

simple

Unread post by simple » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:07 am

salam ,
first i want to congratulate you for your great effort regrading reforms are concerned in dawoodi bohras . But you will also acknowledge that message of reform is not wide spread . what we can do ? we can change way of reaching to mass people .
progression in mass media and social media have provided us tremendous opportunity to reach out to masses .
but i feel this site is still in primitive. as we dont have l money like kothar but we can improve our way by some innovative methods
we can create short video or ppt about various issues , bayaans,interviews and use youtube or e blogger as platform .
u can invite people to prepare short massage or ppt that u can publish on these sites .
Because of total blackout on social media these will help our cause greatly .

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:19 am

Rising Star wrote:I require 5 mods and few contributers, interested people can contact me.
Here are the names of five people (Sufi Monk, Labbaik, Ala Maquaam, Student and Incredible ) who could help you tremendously in marketing and contribute to your new forum..

Rising Star

Unread post by Rising Star » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Conscíous wrote:
Rising Star wrote:I require 5 mods and few contributers, interested people can contact me.
Here are the names of five people (Sufi Monk, Labbaik, Ala Maquaam, Student and Incredible ) who could help you tremendously in marketing and contribute to your new forum..
thanx but all those are my ID......

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:53 am

simple wrote:salam ,
first i want to congratulate you for your great effort regrading reforms are concerned in dawoodi bohras . But you will also acknowledge that message of reform is not wide spread . what we can do ? we can change way of reaching to mass people .
progression in mass media and social media have provided us tremendous opportunity to reach out to masses .
but i feel this site is still in primitive. as we dont have l money like kothar but we can improve our way by some innovative methods
we can create short video or ppt about various issues , bayaans,interviews and use youtube or e blogger as platform .
u can invite people to prepare short massage or ppt that u can publish on these sites .
Because of total blackout on social media these will help our cause greatly .
y not hijack the dabba deliverers and put pdb pamphlets in all the dabbas that get delivered :twisted:

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:43 am

Rising Star wrote: I require 5 mods and few contributers, interested people can contact me.
how much are you paying? for the right price i can get you a few zaadas and amils...

Rising Star

Unread post by Rising Star » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:17 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
Rising Star wrote: I require 5 mods and few contributers, interested people can contact me.
how much are you paying? for the right price i can get you a few zaadas and amils...
brother I am already getting offers to sale that forum but I dont have such plans....

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Sun May 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Rising Star wrote:
Al Zulfiqar wrote: how much are you paying? for the right price i can get you a few zaadas and amils...
brother I am already getting offers to sale that forum but I dont have such plans....
Really? Who wants to buy and how much they paying?

Sikander

Unread post by Sikander » Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 am

why u want to know brother?

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Mon May 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Sikander wrote:why u want to know brother?
Curiosity. Spill the beans brother!