Islamabad visit

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
Al-Noor

Re: Islamabad visit

Unread post by Al-Noor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:19 am

Well, it is impractical to give loans without collateral/security as money matters are such that people (if not all) somehow lose their integrity, especially if it is an unregulated (not under any law of the land) system. And especially when it is within the dawat, an institution notorious for unaccountability and corruption. If qardan is given away without collateral, it will be open to more corruption & defaults as then influential people will be able to take away loans on easy terms. Not that this might not be happening already. I understand, how needy and poor will be able to get collateral/security. But I cannot think of any system to resolve this!
I am in finance world so I understand your point...but then this scheme should be named some thing else and not kardan hasanah, because according to Quraan nothing like collateral is prescribed, Qardan is more as a help to fellow brother and that too without any pressure...

if small scale businessman and vendors had gold and money they would not even apply for kardan for humiliation.

bohra posts this ayat on their website but dont really follow it.

http://www.burhaniqardan.org/qardan-has ... quran.html

chakker

Unread post by chakker » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 am

I am not sure the correct concept of any of the Ayats in the Holy Qur'an pertaining to Qardhan Hassanah is understood. I stand to be corrected but I think there is not a single ayat that says give money as qardhan hassanah to somebody and get manyfold rewards.

My view is, and in one of the ayats Allah Subhanahu is specific, that "perform salaat, give zakaat and give Allah a beautiful loan. Allah will make this manifold".

By following the tenets of Islam we are infact giving Allah a good loan in return for which Allah will give us manifold.

However, should a person be in a position to help somebody by giving an interest free loan, it is a good deed for which Allah will reward abundantly.

I welcome if more light can be thrown on this issue of qardhan hassanah.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:16 am

understand Quran from Hadith and Imamain(A).

عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ: مَكْتُوبٌ عَلَى بَابِ الْجَنَّةِ الصَّدَقَةُ بِعَشَرَةٍ وَ الْقَرْضُ بِثَمَانِيَةَ عَشَر

Imam as-Saadiq a.s.: "It is written on the door of the Paradise, '[the reward of] charity (sadaqa) is ten, and [the reward of] loan (qardh) is eighteen.'"

[Al-Kaafi 4:33]

قَالَ أَبُو عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع‏ مَا مِنْ مُؤْمِنٍ أَقْرَضَ مُؤْمِناً يَلْتَمِسُ بِهِ وَجْهَ اللَّهِ إِلَّا حَسَبَ اللَّهُ لَهُ أَجْرَهُ بِحِسَابِ الصَّدَقَةِ حَتَّى يَرْجِعَ إِلَيْهِ مَالُهُ

Imam s-Saadiq a.s.: "When a believer (mu'min) gives a loan to another believer for the sake of Allah, Allah certainly reckons for him the reward of charity (sadaqa) until his loan turns back to him."

[Al-Kaafi 4:34]

Peace